Global Moderator
Country
Australia

Episodes: 12
Airing Date: Apr 9, 2018
Producers: NHK, Fukushima Gainax
Genres: Adventure, School, Drama, Music, Comedy, Seinen
Synopsis

A tranquil tale about two boys from very different upbringings. On one hand you have Kai, born as the son of a prostitute, who's been playing the abandoned piano in the forest near his home ever since he was young. And on the other you have Syuhei, practically breast-fed by the piano as the son of a family of prestigious pianists. Yet it is their common bond with the piano that eventually intertwines their paths in life.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
I watched it today and saw that the manga has more than 100 chapters. I wonder how they are planning to adapt this. I never read the source material so I guess it'll mostly be an enjoyable experience to me :D.

Episode was decent.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
I watched it today and saw that the manga has more than 100 chapters. I wonder how they are planning to adapt this. I never read the source material so I guess it'll mostly be an enjoyable experience to me :D.

Episode was decent.
Maybe they will.adapt up to certain no. of chapters and see if it sells well,they will adapt the rest.

Seems like a good story.If Randy hadn't created this thread would probably have never noticed it,thanks @Brandish .

Brandish

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
"A tranquil tale..."

That's how it feels to a tee. The story is easy to follow and easy going, with lovely music throughout.

The young boys were quite mature about the development this episode too, I hope it doesn't enter the melodrama realm and they stay friends + rivals throughout the series.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Managed to catch up. That fourth episode was definitely the best. I am not sure what I expected from Kai but to see him lose just when he started to like playing for an audience affected me. Didn't really care about Takako too but I warmed up to her by the end of the episode.

Another thing I liked is Amamiya and his dad's relationship. Usually in series like this the dad puts too much pressure on his kid but they were very honest. Though I find Amamiya's attitude a bit too negative.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Amamiya wins, Kai's piano is broken, Takako gets an award. I almost though she was going to win... It's much better like that.

I like how they are using the judges to show how difficult all of this is. Saga is cool but he talks a bit too much.

shinobi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Dragonstone
RIP forest piano!!

Teacher x disciple !! :awe

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
It'll be a 2-cour series according to MAL. It's better like this. Lot of things happened in this episode but I had no problem with the pacing.

Brandish

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
2-cour is good news.

This is my 2nd fave of the season. Idk why they bother with the weird CGI when they play piano, that swivel motion makes me dizzy.

Wei comes across as a sad/dark character given what people said about his playing, and all the flames in his performance - I think there was a small glimpse of someone hanging in those flames too.

And this new gossip journalist could spell trouble for Kai.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)