Special Move - Pinnacle of Perfection vs Pinnacle of Destruction | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Move Pinnacle of Perfection vs Pinnacle of Destruction

What wins?

• Total voters

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Echizen's Pinnacle of Perfection vs Sanada's Pinnacle of Destruction

vs

Who would win?

I'm going with Sanada on this one.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As we don't really know what either does, this question is rather hard to answer.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say they are fairly equal, in order for PoP to activate, the player has to have fun, for PoD it's maybe rage.

As they would be both triggered by emotions, it would depend on what else the players can do I guess.

(That being said, why didn't you make a 'Draw' option?)

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PoD is more determination I think. Determined not to get YiPed. But obviously any other colour would be odd so they used blackk. But PoP had always been hyped up...so POP but thats on the basis that PoD is still rather unknown.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think we need to remember that just because Echizen can use PoP, doesn't mean he is actually the best. A 12 year old can only hit the ball so hard. Sanada is much bigger in size, and accels better than Echizen in pretty much every category. So I think Sanada has the advantage.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That might be true though as far as I understand the question, it's about the aura itself, regardless of the user, no?

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
That might be true though as far as I understand the question, it's about the aura itself, regardless of the user, no?
It's about the only two people who use them lol. If it was Echizen's PoP vs Sanada's PoD

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought it was a more hypothetical question as if there were two totally equal players, one using PoP and the other one using PoD, but whatever...

If that's the case I still can't tell lol, not enough data yet. Maybe Sanada would win but rather because of Rai spam presuming that the Pinnacles cancel each other out a bit. Echizen has no way to deal with Rai + In atm, does he?

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I voted PoP, but only because Ryoma is the main character, so Konomi will prefer to develop it. Both are the only known ways to counter Yips

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Granted I know Echizen has main character hacks, I'm saying if that wasn't a thought.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Aura we don't know what it does vs Aura we don't know what it does.

I'm going to pick Pop for the hell of it, but we don't have a way of knowing for sure.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sanada can hit 5 balls at a time now. PoP just produces fast balls and maybe Samurai Drive which Sanada could return using Rai. Reflexes good enough can return fast balls, so maybe he can already return "PoP" shots (I still say there is no PoP, because its not perfect - still returnable).

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't think Sanada would have trouble returning Echizen's PoP shots if Yukimura started doing it without any aura. Sanada would return it easy mode in PoD state.

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why would sanada be able to hit back PoP balls even if he's in PoD? With PoP echizen was able to bring back 5 games right? Sanada was only able to get 1 game on yuki when yuki was in his base mode and sanada had PoD going. Basically, PoP is better then PoD.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sanada had no control over PoD when he VS'd Yukimura though, so maybe that's why he lost.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why would sanada be able to hit back PoP balls even if he's in PoD?
Ah, but why can't he? If its just hitting them back, I'm sure he's capable even without the aura.

For the time being, theres no reason that PoD is stronger than PoP from what we've seen - only thing we've seen so far is:
- Echizen owning Yukimura by taking six games in a row with POP
- Echizen hitting balls faster than Yukimuras reactions
- Sanada returning ONE ball past Yukimura (who didn't expect it btw)
- Yuki getting shit scared and Sanada with his badass aura
- Yuki kills the game quickly
Ps: Yuki=stepping stone

We have not seen enough of PoD to really give it an accurate review of it compared to PoP.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Eitherway, I think Sanada could now beat Echizens (National Final) PoP (but I rather want to go with the explanation/guess Inui had: Advance Hyakuren) without any aura, just cause his reflexes did go up several notes.

That will be the case if Echizens Advance Hyakuren did not evole into something more that what we know. Because making the ball fast isnt making u perfect.

babolatbeast777

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
let's refer back to voulme 27 where ryoma beats sanada.Now about pop and pod, pop is not about the emotion of fun it's basically letting the match and the stress go and just hitting around so it's carefree that leads to fun which mean 100% potential is released.pod from what I saw puts a state of fear in the oppostion to where they shut down. so carefree beats fear because you don't care. also someone said something about thunder and shadow,i'll just refer back to voulme 27 if sanada uses thunder ryoma uses shadow or better yet he uses the tezuka/samurai phantom because he has no prior injuries to his arm it whouldn't break