Discussion - Post Wano/Post Reverie bounties | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Post Wano/Post Reverie bounties

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Getting out final predictions in is a good idea.

Luffy: 3-3.9 Billion
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I feel like this would put him firmly in Emporer territory while still giving him some room to surpass Roger and Whitebeard. Shanks as well as he'd be right under him.

Kidd/Law:
2-2.9 Billion
Growing threats that demonstrate they are near the level of Emporers or major threats, while still a good distance from Luffy.

Zoro/Sanji: 1.4-1.6 Billion
Personally, I don't care about the exact price of their bounty, I just want them to be equal so I can see their reactions.

Yamato: 1-1.9 Billion
Not exactly sure where he'll land, but him being Kaido's son is sure to play a big role in his pricing. Could potentially be more if he officially takes over the crew.

Jinbe: 800-900 Million
A decent price point for him. Maybe he'll reach the 1 Billion mark, but he really didn't have any stand-out moments to justify that increase.

Robin: 600-1 Billion
Hard to say where she'll land too, but the WG might up her price significantly since things are hitting the fan in terms of the Nika situation.

The remaining Strawhats + Carrot, I still see them getting a uniform increase of either 200 Million or 300 Million.

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I kinda do understand the argument against. They don't want to bring in too much attention to her.

But really if the WG actually wants, they can cook up some story to justify the bounty. Like how they lied about her sinking a few navy battle ships and hence justified her 79 million when she was like what, 10? And nobody questioned it. I remember watching the anime for the first time, and it didn't seem suspicious at all.
Just blame her for something ridiculous and give her a billion+ bounty lol. Most of the OP populace won't suspect.

On a sidenote, I'm really disappointed to not find any overpowered bounty hunter in the series. Or even a decent one really....
I think Oda could have explained a bit why we haven't seen strong bounty hunters. I don't mind not having them since its just not a lucrative business to be in (at least in the OP world). I always assumed anyone strong enough to take out high bounty individuals could make more money by just being a pirate. If you think about it there are bounties in the real world for top wanted criminals but not much of a bounty hunter business. Most real life bounty hunters don't make much and go for the easy targets.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
My guesses:

• Luffy: 5 billion
  • Law and Kid: 2.5 billion (same as Luffy, but split in half)
  • Zoro: around 1 billion (maybe 1.08 billion because of 1,080 pound cannon attack)
  • Sanji: around 600 or 700 million (maybe something to do with the numbers 66 or 3)
  • Usopp: 500 million
  • Franky, Robin and Brook: 200-400 million
  • Nami and Chopper: 100-200 million

Not sure about Jinbe and Yamato... Jinbe should be in line with the rest of the Shichibukai too.

Cortes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just the SH themselves:

Ruffy: 3 billion as already known
Zorro: 1,6 billion
Sanji: 1,4 billion
Yamato: 500 million
Jimbei and the rest: I can see another round of "same increase for them all" so maybe another 50 million for everybody? Except Chopper of course who just gets another 50 :XD

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
It's quite possible they'll get a "uniform raise" but I bet it'd be a higher raise than 50 million this time. Oda said a lot of Yonkou Commanders bounties are quite high because they were raised in tandem with their captains. It's quite possible all of Luffy's crew, now a Yonkou's crew, will get at least a couple hundred million raise. Maybe even the Straw Hat Fleet captains will get a raise as well for their affiliation.

The very least I can see them getting is having their bounties doubled, just like Luffy. But obviously a lot of them will get higher than that because of their strength, threat level, or both.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
For the bounty of the crew, perhaps Oda wants to create a sort of parallelism with Enies Lobby and give similar sizes but related in the millions-billions.

So, just like Luffy 300 million, 3 billion, the others could be:

- Zoro: 120 million, one billion and two hundred million

- Sanji: 77 million, 770 million

- Robin: 80 million, 800 million

- Franky 44 million, 440 million

- Usopp 30 million, 300 million

- Nami 16 million, 160 million

- Chopper 50 berry, 500 berry

Jinbei could possibly have 760 million, to match his first bounty of 76 million, and Brook of 330, to connect to the bounty he had when he first appeared, 33 million.

I don't think Yamato will have a bounty now, as as far as we know she hasn't joined the crew yet and still no one should identify her as Stawhat.

Last edited:

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get the feeling that Sanji may end up having a divided bounty with Chopper of 660 million each (doubling into Queen's 1.32 billion bounty) to reinforce a downplayed gag that happened with Luffy, who got 3 billion despite beating a 4.6 billion Emperor.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I get the feeling that Sanji may end up having a divided bounty with Chopper of 660 million each (doubling into Queen's 1.32 billion bounty) to reinforce a downplayed gag that happened with Luffy, who got 3 billion despite beating a 4.6 billion Emperor.
That would piss off Sanji not only because it's probably half (if not less) of what Zoro is gonna get, or because it's the same as Chopper (don't think Sanji would mind that specifically), but also because he hates his ties to Germa 66 and there's his bounty starting with the number. :XD

I do think he'll get a raise worthy of his strength and achievements, but I can totally see him getting 1,366 billion (as in 3rd son of Germa 66) and that detail pissing him off anyway.

Actually I think I'm revising my prediction of his bounty from 1,330b to 1,366b just because of this. :tem
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Though I gotta say, I'm growing less confident in my prediction.. captains (specifically Yonkou) seem to consistently get at least like 3-4 times higher bounties than their top crew members. King and Queen both had like 1/3 of Kaidou's, Katakuri had less than 1/4 of BM's.. Marco's was between 1/3 and 1/4 of WB's.

Going by this, Zoro and Sanji might "only" get around a billion each... gonna have to rethink my prediction.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Maybe even less .....

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry about Sanji or Zoro's bounty being less than a billion or being "cheated" out of their bounties. While the others usually get a uniform increase, both of them tend to get a decent bump in comparison. Look at Dressrosa, Zoro got 200 million for his efforts and Sanji got 100 million, despite the fact that Nami and Brook only got 50 million and they all left early. Then you pop on over to WCI and then you have both Sanji and Luffy as the only ones with bounty increases, despite Nami, Brook, Chopper, and even Jinbe being present as well.

CP0 knows they are the ones who soloed two pirates worth over a billion, so they should be getting appropriate bounties for those feats.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
For the sizes of the crew, perhaps Oda wants to create a sort of parallelism with Enies Lobby and give similar sizes but related in the millions-billions.

Jinbei could possibly have 760 million, to match his first bounty of 76 million, and Brook of 330, to connect to the bounty he had when he first appeared, 33 million.

I don't think Yamato will have a bounty now, as as far as we know she hasn't joined the crew yet and still no one should identify her as Stawhat.
This makes way too much sense :twitch

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
That would piss off Sanji not only because it's probably half (if not less) of what Zoro is gonna get, or because it's the same as Chopper (don't think Sanji would mind that specifically), but also because he hates his ties to Germa 66 and there's his bounty starting with the number. :XD

I do think he'll get a raise worthy of his strength and achievements, but I can totally see him getting 1,366 billion (as in 3rd son of Germa 66) and that detail pissing him off anyway.

Actually I think I'm revising my prediction of his bounty from 1,330b to 1,366b just because of this. :tem

Though I gotta say, I'm growing less confident in my prediction.. captains (specifically Yonkou) seem to consistently get at least like 3-4 times higher bounties than their top crew members. King and Queen both had like 1/3 of Kaidou's, Katakuri had less than 1/4 of BM's.. Marco's was between 1/3 and 1/4 of WB's.

Going by this, Zoro and Sanji might "only" get around a billion each... gonna have to rethink my prediction.
If Apoo was indeed a main source of info to the Marines, then he might downplay Zoro's bounty worth to get back at him for being slashed at.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
For the sizes of the crew, perhaps Oda wants to create a sort of parallelism with Enies Lobby and give similar sizes but related in the millions-billions.

At first a few of these seemed a little low to me but honestly, I think these would all make sense. At least in the ball park of what I can imagine them all getting.

Sanji should get more than that, but thinking about it, besides them beating the top commanders, Zoro actually squared off against and got respect from two Yonkou, while Sanji was briadcast looking weak and lost the respect of their entire army ("Save me Robin!").. going by this, an outsider might well see the divide between them as even bigger than it is. And him still being higher than Jinbe would still some of the Sanji stans' rage, lol.

Robin being the third highest bounty in the crew at a point where they've found almost all the Road Poneglyphs and a heck-load of other ones, the WG having renewed their efforts to capture her, also would make sense.

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
I enjoy reading the bounties of pirates. It was great that Oda decided to include that in with their introduction and their nicknames/epithets.
So it bothered me when Oda stopped introducing the bounties of character's in their introductions. I understand in Pre Timeskip, he probably didn't want to spook us with WB's, Shanks', and Marco's bounties. But Post Timeskip, he should have included them.
For example, when King and Queen were first introduced that would have been right time to showcase their billion bounties. IDK why Oda didn't. HE did in Queen's second introduction the proper way, but for King he never did. Neither did for Marcos. Disappointing, like I didn't want to learn about King and Marcos' bounty through some vivre card book. Same for the Flying 6. I think Oda is tired of writing the bounties on the introduction boxes.

I had predicted that Luffy's would either go to 3 billion or 4.5 billion. 3 billion because he has a pattern of 3, (30, 300...) but 4.5 billion because he has a small
pattern of tripling his bounty (30-100-300-1500).
Was not disappointed in his new bounty but I am disappointed that Kid and Law received the same bounty amount, even though it was Luffy who "solo'd" a Yonko while Law and Kid teamed up vs a Yonko and also since Luffy awakened Joy Boy/Nika.
It does not seem fair that Kid and Law who had smaller bounties get SUCH A HUGE jump.
Law and Kid's prediction bounties were 1.5-2.0 billion. Just below Blackbeard's.

Zolo and Sanji respectively, I think Zolo will get 1.5 and Sanji 1.4.

Sefirosu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I enjoy reading the bounties of pirates. It was great that Oda decided to include that in with their introduction and their nicknames/epithets.
So it bothered me when Oda stopped introducing the bounties of character's in their introductions. I understand in Pre Timeskip, he probably didn't want to spook us with WB's, Shanks', and Marco's bounties. But Post Timeskip, he should have included them.
For example, when King and Queen were first introduced that would have been right time to showcase their billion bounties. IDK why Oda didn't. HE did in Queen's second introduction the proper way, but for King he never did. Neither did for Marcos. Disappointing, like I didn't want to learn about King and Marcos' bounty through some vivre card book. Same for the Flying 6. I think Oda is tired of writing the bounties on the introduction boxes.
My guess is Shueisha asked him to do so because they want to sell thoes virve cards? :teehee

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone ever wondered why Oda hasn't included strong non-pirate bounty hunters in the manga? Im talking about Yonko commander level. To me the whole bounty system is redundant after $1,000,000,000.
Like who is strong enough to challenge those pirates over 1 billion bounty level and claim the reward legally. The Marines/WG are NOT going to pay another pirate who turns in a wanted pirate. If anything the Marines will try to arrest that pirate as well (if they have a bounty, which most likely they will). There hasn't been a legal bounty hunter strong enough to take down a 1 Billion bounty pirate.
The marines that manage to take down wanted pirates, do not get the bounty reward but rather maybe a promotion.

But my point is, why give pirates such a high bounty over 1 billion like the Yonko, if there is almost nobody in the world that can collect that bounty, at least legally. Whats the point of increasing their bounty it only rises to give notoriety to that certain pirate and make them more infamous. No sane person would go after their bounty

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone ever wondered why Oda hasn't included strong non-pirate bounty hunters in the manga? Im talking about Yonko commander level. To me the whole bounty system is redundant after $1,000,000,000.
Like who is strong enough to challenge those pirates over 1 billion bounty level and claim the reward legally. The Marines/WG are NOT going to pay another pirate who turns in a wanted pirate. If anything the Marines will try to arrest that pirate as well (if they have a bounty, which most likely they will). There hasn't been a legal bounty hunter strong enough to take down a 1 Billion bounty pirate.
The marines that manage to take down wanted pirates, do not get the bounty reward but rather maybe a promotion.

But my point is, why give pirates such a high bounty over 1 billion like the Yonko, if there is almost nobody in the world that can collect that bounty, at least legally. Whats the point of increasing their bounty it only rises to give notoriety to that certain pirate and make them more infamous. No sane person would go after their bounty
I think Oda just wanted to focus on pirate and marine archetypes for his story. If he included bounty hunters of that level that would require building up a third large group of characters all within a character motif that he would have to expand. The story likely would have become far more bloated than it is now considering how Oda writes things so it is for the best that he didn't go there.

As for potential reasons why we still have those super high 1billion+ bounties without any strong bounty hunters - I have two views:
  • One reason is to send a message. Giving a high bounty to someone lets the world know that those people are very dangerous and that the government takes them seriously. Majority of the people within the OP world looks at bounty as a very serious indicator of strength/threat level. Additionally, we as the readers also look at bounties similarly. We like the shock factor of these big numbers and compare bounties of our favorite characters etc. So in a way these large bounties are another form of fan service.
  • The second is there are still very powerful fighters in the OP world that are not bounty hunters that could still take out a person with a 1 billion+ bounty. The very fact that two Admirals (Fujitora and Ryokugyu) were drafted into the Navy means there are powerful fighters in OP world not affiliated with the known large groups. These types of characters may occasionally take down high bounty individuals for the money without being active bounty hunters so there definitely is room for it in OP world.

Finally I will leave you with this thought, there are really high bounties/rewards for criminals in real life too that no one expects will get claimed. For example
Ayman al-Zawahiri had a bounty of 25 million dollars on him by US government since he was a leader of al Queda. There are lots of similar bounties for criminals in the millions of dollars by different governments/global organizations. However, these almost never get claimed. So why do governments issue them or increase them when a person does something serious or becomes more wanted? The simple answer is they want to send a message to the world and lots of people will provide tips in the hopes of getting the bounties. In a way having bounties lets governments use the citizenry as sources of information since people will generally hope they can get the money even when its unlikely (sorta of like the lottery). So there is a lot of use/upside to issuing bounties/rewards for governments since they help criminals get caught while at the same time not actually costing any money.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

A pirate can claim the bounty of another pirate. For example, it was Mr. 3 plan to take Dorry an Brogy bounties despite being a wanted criminal himself.

It's not elaborated exactly how this is possible. Perhaps they use an intermediary. Sicne bounties also serve as incentive for pirates to betray each other, I suppose it's possible the marines will forgive a pirate who take down turn against his organization.

The Shichibukai can also claim bounties.

While the series focus on pirates or marines, there are strong people in the world who are not affiliated to any of them.

All islands in the Grand Lines had people who were strong on their own. Pell, Viper, Paulie, Fukaboshi, Kyros, Ashura Douji, etc.

Issho and Aramaki were just civilians who were forced to enlist into the military.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Zolo and Sanji respectively, I think Zolo will get 1.5 and Sanji 1.4.
It depends on what the government essentially knows.

For example, if they took into account that Zoro beat King, he could deserve a bounty higher than him, otherwise he could have a size of always a billion, but lower for the simple fact of being Luffy's right arm.

If they know of Sanji that he beat Queen and that Robin considers him one of Luffy's wings, he could deserve a bounty over a billion, otherwise if he continues to be identified as a Vinsmoke pirate he could have a simple raise of a few hundred.

A pirate can claim the bounty of another pirate.
No he can not.

For example, it was Mr. 3 plan to take Dorry an Brogy bounties despite being a wanted criminal himself.
It wasn't.

BW was an association of bounty hunters, it is only in Alabasta that its members discover that they work for a pirate.

CP0 knows they are the ones who soloed two pirates worth over a billion, so they should be getting appropriate bounties for those feats.
Are you sure they know?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
No he can not.

It wasn't.

BW was an association of bounty hunters, it is only in Alabasta that its members discover that they work for a pirate.
Mr. 3 has a bounty of 24 million, and he wanted to take Dorry and Brogy combined bounty of 200 million.