Predictions for the 7th shichibukai | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions for the 7th shichibukai

Paz42

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well as we all know the shichibukai or the "7" warlords of the sea and so far we have been introduced to 6

Dracule "Hawk Eye" Mihawk
Sir Crocodile (well ex memeber now)
Donquixote Doflamingo
Bartholomew Kuma
Gecko Moria
Jimbei

so there is still a 7th memeber out there and i was wondering if any one had any ideas as to what kind of pirate they are going to be or even what you would like them to be such as their animal theme devil fruit general attitude.

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
well there are technically 2 more open postions but i think that BB will take that cause that is his goal (so you are right one more that we dont know about)

it should/has to be a woman she can use insect to attack and what not because that is one of the only animal type left

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
well BB taking a position is ...
not possible....
he doesn't have an animal theme...
and it would be lame to make one for him .......
anyways
the new one might possibly the most powerful....
meaninh he could be stronger than hawkeyes but I doubt it....
and do the shichibukai even have crews?

Jester_Rogue

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yea the shichibukai have an animal theme I didn't even really notice that

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
no the shichibukai "don't" have crews they are single pirates that work for the gov but they still retain the respect and fear of their old crew like flamingo does and croc made his own crew and so did gekko but mihawk goes it alone so it is what ever you wanna do as a warlord of the sea

Jester_Rogue

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
wait Mihawk is a mameber of the shichibukai! I thought he was a part of Shanks crew

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know who does fit the animal theme...
Monkey D. Luffy.

But That will NEVER happen.
He wouldn't do it. But I think the next shinchibukai will be ... maybe a Black widow .. or preying mantis themed WOMAN... because It's a man's world .. But james brown is dead ... so we need a female shinchibukai. I choose those two because they are notorious among the insect kingdom for using a male ... then killing him. It'd be kinda cool to see a paramecium type DF user among the shinchibukai ... but then again I'm sure anything oda will come up with will be better than what I can.

Shojin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
^I agree, a female shinchibukai does sound cooler since it does add more variety. :amuse

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
yeah but so far there has only been one female....
and she wasn't very strong......
anyways I doubt that ....
but maybe the new one will be perhaps a .....
kitten theme

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i like the idea of an insect or spider themed female member. rather then her being uber powerful she has alot of powerful men under her control useing some form of scent or somthing similar maybe another one of the flying type DF's a zoan type that can make her wasp or bee or spider like i think that could be coool

Crenzel

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I was just reading the thread about Luffy's mother and she could be a possible candidate for the 7th shichibukai.

She's remained rather mysterious throughout the entire series. An important character like Luffy's mother remaining unknown must raise a few questions right? Provided we see her later on, Oda probably wants his viewers to be shocked and amazed at her introduction. So, her being introduced as a shichibukai might cater to that perfectly.

It also then puts every known member of Luffy's family in a one of the categories of power.
Luffy, Ace = Pirates
Dragon = Revolutionary Leader
Garp = Marine Vice-Admiral
Luffy's mother = Shichibukai .. kinda fits

Though there is nobody to fill the Yonkou position, she may be able to fill that instead.

Also, since we don't know her name, she may very well fit the animal theme of the shichibukai :)

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone has already thought of this theory but if there is, my apologies for stealing it. D:

Last edited:

Dark soul within

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just reading the thread about Luffy's mother and she could be a possible candidate for the 7th shichibukai.

She's remained rather mysterious throughout the entire series. An important character like Luffy's mother remaining unknown must raise a few questions right? Provided we see her later on, Oda probably wants his viewers to be shocked and amazed at her introduction. So, her being introduced as a shichibukai might cater to that perfectly.

It also then puts every known member of Luffy's family in a one of the categories of power.
Luffy, Ace = Pirates
Dragon = Revolutionary Leader
Garp = Marine Vice-Admiral
Luffy's mother = Shichibukai .. kinda fits

Though there is nobody to fill the Yonkou position, she may be able to fill that instead.

Also, since we don't know her name, she may very well fit the animal theme of the shichibukai :)

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone has already thought of this theory but if there is, my apologies for stealing it. D:
I thin that would be really cool if your theory panned out. An insect themed female shichibukai would be really interesting...I'm having trouble atm thinking of other poss themes, but then again it's really late & i'm shattered...I can only think of themes i don't think the 7th shichibukai will be.

Like I don't think he/she will have a bird theme (there's already 2 members with bird themes), or a reptile theme (also 2 reptile themed members even if one is no longer around), and I can't see the 7th shichibukai having any kind of fish, cat or dog/wolf based theme. It will be something more original than these themes i feel, which is why the insect theme appeals to me atm

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ye i agree i mean we have had bird lizard cat fish dog based bad guys but we have never had an insect one i would really like to see that and i agree that it is a possobiltie for luffys mum think it would be cool

Dark soul within

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would rather just see something original than have a theme that has been seen before be repeated.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
oda is always original but he does like to have themes as we see in the shichibukai ranks

my insect theory was based on the fact that they have
a bird- flamingo
two reptiles- croc, and gekko
a mamil - kuma the bear
fish - jembei the whale shark

and the admirals are also animal themed so they have to be taken into consideration the dog monkey and one other one
and sengoku hangs around with a pelican and a goat

amar_kun

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i kinda agree with Crenzel's prediction. it would be fun if the next sichibukai is: a woman, and she is luffy's mother. what a hell of a family!! lol!

the father is the leader of the revolutionarist, a sichibukai mom, a vice admiral grand dad, a right hand of younkyou as a brother.. kinda fits for him as the next candidate for the pirate king

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
It will be cool if luffy's mother is the 7th shichibukai, but before we make predictions on the 7th, we dont actually know anything about most of the remaining 6 (or 5) :p

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bet if oda has waited this long to even mention a 6th shinchibukai .. well by the time he gets around to the last "7th" one It'll have to be something HUGE.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
i would like to learn more about the other shichibukai like absultuio said
all we know about kuma and jembie are there names
and not much more about flamingo and mihawk

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ye i think because there pirates that work for the world govermant then they have this kinda charm about them and its like im really curious about there back stories mihawk speacily