• After a long hiatus, the Scavenger Hunt is returning! Sign Up is now open HERE!

Character Prince of Tennis Character Tier List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Before the U-17 camp. Nationals skill level. (Character only)

-------------------
Unranked
-------------------

Nanjiroh
Echizen
Kabaji
Akutsu

----------------
Rank SS
----------------

1)Yukimura
2)Sanada

---------------
Rank S
---------------

3)Tezuka

---------------
Rank A
---------------

4)Atobe
5)Fuji
6)Shiraishi
7)Renji
8)Tachibana
9)Chitose
10)Kirihara
11)Kintarou
12)Yagyuu
13)Kite
14)Gin
15)Krauser
16)Niou

---------------
Rank B
---------------

17)Akutsu
18)Bunta
19)Oshitari
20)Kaidoh
21)Momo
22)Kenya
24)Rin
23)Kikumaru
25)Inui
26)Kai
27)Jackal
28)Jiro

---------------
Rank C
---------------

29)Kamio
30)Sengoku
31)Shinji
32)Ootori
33)Shishido
34)Amane
35)Hiyoshi
36)Kurobane
37)Gakuto
38)Chinen
39)Aoi
40)Tanishi
41)Mizuki
42)Koharu
43)Zaizen
44)Hitouji
45)Yuuta

---------------
Rank D
---------------

46)Saeki
47)Taka
48)Oishi
49)Richard
50)Kadowaki

---------------
Rank F
---------------

Non-regulars

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Singles

SS Class
Nanjiroh
Echizen
Yukimura (until we see just HOW Sanada beats him he's up there with the father son god duo)

S Class
Sanada
Tezuka
Fuji
Shiraishi
Chitose

A Class

Atobe
Kintarou
Kirihara
Renji
Tachibana
Kite
Bunta
Niou
Jackal
Yagyuu
Gin

B Class

Kaidoh
Oshitari
Sengoku
Rin
Kai
Kikumaru
Inui
Kenya
Momo

C Class

Shinij
Kamio
Gakuto
Hiyoshi
Shishido
Ootori
Kurobane
David
Saeki
Aoi
Chinen
Tanishi
Mizuki
Zaizen
Koharu
Hitouji
Akutsu
Jiro
Taka
Oishi

D Class

Yuuta
Ginka chu
etc

Doubles

SS Class
GOlden Pair

S Class
Silver Pair
Bunta n' Jackal

A Class
Any Rikkai Doubles team...
Emerald Pair
The Dunkin' Vipers:amuse
Double Lasers

B Class
The queer pair
Gakuto and Yushi
Eiji and Momo

C Class
Fuji Taka pair

D Class
Ryoma and anybody :p

Last edited:

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
This was not meant to be a "post your own" topic...but to discuss the one I made.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I see...but you came to the this conclusion on your own, a unanimous tier lists involves members of the community coming together to decide the rankings. just looking at our list you can see there are more than a few discrepancies.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you feel something isn't correct, speak up. If I can provide an argument to go against what people say, it wont be changed. If your argument is good where I see your point and agree, I'll change it. I'm not going to accept bias in my list.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd rather not...especially now given my responsibilities, we'll just see what the other forum members do.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
You have read the same series as everyone else, so you are entitled to your knowledge as well. We are going by facts for this list. Not opinions. If you feel someone is misplaced, provide evidence for that by using the series.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not going to do that...

And on a final note..it's impossible for your list to be factual seeing as Konomi could easily come and dump on both of our lists and declare Horio the best in the series.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Krauser was beating the hell out of Kirihara until he used his Devil Ex Machina to turn the game around. He should be in Rank A as well, since he is at the very least better than the Kirihara that almost beat both Fuji and Ryoma.

I'd put Sanada in the same ranking as Tezuka and Fuji, though he is stronger than both of them he is just not good enough to be together with Yukimura. I would put Atobe up there with Tezuka and Fuji.

He could have even beat Sanada, hadn't Yukimura stopped the match. And remember, Yukimura always knew just how good Sanada was.

The only reason he lost to Ryoma was...Well, plot hax. It's like he has a super Rock that beats everyone(World of ice), but Tezuka and Ryoma both have the super paper that defeats the super rock(Tezuka zone)

So he is definitely S Ranked.

Also, I say we keep the list because since it will be updated with new chapters and/or member's opinions, it will be a good reference in future predictions.
With that said, this list is in no way a perfect ranking because we have to account for Popularity Power, Drama Power, Law of Training, and stuff like that. But still, it might be fun to keep this list here.

Last edited:

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not going to do that...

And on a final note..it's impossible for your list to be factual seeing as Konomi could easily come and dump on both of our lists and declare Horio the best in the series.
No tier list is factual... Do you think Kishimoto comes up with the tier lists for the Naruto videogames? No, the experienced players do.

Krauser was beating the hell out of Kirihara until he used his Devil Ex Machina to turn the game around. He should be in Rank A as well, since he is at the very least better than the Kirihara that almost beat both Fuji and Ryoma.
You need to take the times into consideration. Krauser can do nothing against the current Kirihara, Fuji, or Echizen. Therefore, he is not in the same category.

I'd put Sanada in the same ranking as Tezuka and Fuji, though he is stronger than both of them he is just not good enough to be together with Yukimura. I would put Atobe up there with Tezuka and Fuji. He could have even beat Sanada, hadn't Yukimura stopped the match. And remember, Yukimura always knew just how good Sanada was.
Nowhere in the series does it say, nor suggest Yukimura is on another level entirely, than Sanada. This is just your opinion.

As for Atobe, Sanada was having fun by spamming Zan and laughing about it. It was hardly serious. Saying "Yukimura always knew how good Sanada was" is also your opinion. The series is unclear when Sanada told anybody about Rai and In, and when he created it. Yukimura may have not known about Sanada's Rai until after the match with Atobe. We don't know. That was Kantou Sanada against Nationals Atobe.

The list stays as is for now.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
No tier list is factual... Do you think Kishimoto comes up with the tier lists for the Naruto videogames? No, the experienced players do.

You need to take the times into consideration. Krauser can do nothing against the current Kirihara, Fuji, or Echizen. Therefore, he is not in the same category.

Nowhere in the series does it say, nor suggest Yukimura is on another level entirely, than Sanada. This is just your opinion.

As for Atobe, Sanada was having fun by spamming Zan and laughing about it. It was hardly serious. Saying "Yukimura always knew how good Sanada was" is also your opinion. The series is unclear when Sanada told anybody about Rai and In, and when he created it. Yukimura may have not known about Sanada's Rai until after the match with Atobe. We don't know. That was Kantou Sanada against Nationals Atobe.

The list stays as is for now.
Krauser might not be able to beat the current Kirihara, but was the OLD Kirihara weaker than the currents Niou/Kite rest of your A-Ranked list?
Therefore, even if he is behind the current Kirihara, he deserves a spot in the A-Ranked list. Maybe not top A-Ranked, but hey A-ranked nonetheless.

As for evidence that Yukimura is better than Sanada and that he always knew about his techniques...

He was not once surprised during Sanada's match against Tezuka.
Also, he said himself that he could beat Sanada.

It's not my opinion that Yukimura always knew about Sanada's techniques. It's just more probable that he did than that he didn't.

First of all, Yukimura mentioned that Sanada "sealed off" Rai and stuff. That implies that he knew about it, otherwise he would have been surprised at Sanada's "new" technique. Also, they probably played a few matches and practiced with each other. It's more probable to assume that they did than to assume they didn't.

But okay, the "sealed off" comment means Yukimura KNEW about Rai and in.
The question is "Would Sanada break the seal in order to defeat Atobe?"
One might argue that he wouldn't, because he didn't when he was facing Echizen. But against Echizen, he never expected to lose. He was fooling around a little during the match, and Echizen won with a surprise Cool Drive during a match point.

But even if we assume he didn't, Yukimura was SO SURE Sanada would lose that he stopped the match.

That means that Atobe was at the very least, on a different level from Kantou Sanada, with Rai and co sealed off. Not just Echizen-barely-manages-to-win kind of level, way above that.

And being above Kantou's Sanada automatically makes Atobe at the very least better than the rest of the A-Ranked list. So it's either Top of Rank A, or bottom of Rank S. I would personally put him on the bottom of Rank S.

So, based on that evidence, I say Krauser should go A-Rank and Atobe either to the top of A-Rank, of bottom of Rank S.

As for Yukimura being on a different level than Sanada, frankly I just never saw Sanada returning special shots the way Yukimura did, without even breaking a sweat. But since there is not enough evidence to presume he is that much better than him, and a match is coming up to provide us with that evidence, I'll drop that claim.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with pretty much everything you say Sherlock, but i have Atobe at the topi of my A-Rank list..maybe he should be in Low S you make a good point.

No one in the series did what Yukimura or to that extent...he was crushing Ryoma beat all the doors..and this isn't even taking into account the fact that the Guy gives you the Yips.

Nice analogy...except experience players didn't come up with the list in this case, you did all by your lonesome.

Last edited:

Dansan1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I must say you guys are hard on poor Atobe.

He was equal to Echizen prior to POP (or do we say Echizen grew in the Kin-chan match?...not counting the final new technqiue). Echizen just physicaly outlasted him. Tennis wise they were even.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Krauser might not be able to beat the current Kirihara, but was the OLD Kirihara weaker than the currents Niou/Kite rest of your A-Ranked list?
Therefore, even if he is behind the current Kirihara, he deserves a spot in the A-Ranked list. Maybe not top A-Ranked, but hey A-ranked nonetheless.
I doubt Krauser would be able to beat Niou or Kite. Remember, the first two matches against Nagoya in the finals were a loss on purpose. Bunta pair and Yagyuu let them win. After Kirihara won, Renji and Niou 6-1'd them, and Sanada 6-0'd the guy. Krauser was great to be able to match Kantou Kirihara, but still isn't enough for Nationals A ranks.

As for evidence that Yukimura is better than Sanada and that he always knew about his techniques...

He was not once surprised during Sanada's match against Tezuka.
Also, he said himself that he could beat Sanada.

It's not my opinion that Yukimura always knew about Sanada's techniques. It's just more probable that he did than that he didn't.

First of all, Yukimura mentioned that Sanada "sealed off" Rai and stuff. That implies that he knew about it, otherwise he would have been surprised at Sanada's "new" technique. Also, they probably played a few matches and practiced with each other. It's more probable to assume that they did than to assume they didn't.
You misread my post. I never said Yukimura never knew, I said we don't know WHEN Yukimura knew. What we DO know, is that Sanada didn't start using Rai until the Nationals started. That's how he 6-0'd everyone in the National tournament, except Tezuka. The nationals started AFTER Sanada's match with Atobe. So we still don't know when Sanada actually created the techniques, before or after Kantou. The series isn't clear. Obviously Yukimura is going to know about Rai in the finals, if he is spamming the hell out of everyone in the entire tournament. By the finals, nobody on rikkaidai should be surprised. ESPECIALLY Yukimura.

But the issue is In. We do not know when he told Yukimura about it. All we know is, it was obviously created any time before the national finals.

*Side Note*
This is entirely unrelated, but my own theory is that Sanada didn't just develop "In" for Tezuka. My mind's eye is, he created it specifically to counter Atobe's WoI after Yukimura stopped his match, and Chitose's PoGW at the same time, so they wouldn't be a problem in the Nationals. Then, it just made it easy for him when he found out Tezuka achieved PoGW. The reason why I say this is because it is unlikely Sanada created "In" years ago, when Tezuka only obtained PoGW in the semifinals. It wouldn't make sense. This isn't incorporated into my thinking on this matter, It's just my own personal theory.

The question is "Would Sanada break the seal in order to defeat Atobe?"
One might argue that he wouldn't, because he didn't when he was facing Echizen. But against Echizen, he never expected to lose. He was fooling around a little during the match, and Echizen won with a surprise Cool Drive during a match point.

But even if we assume he didn't, Yukimura was SO SURE Sanada would lose that he stopped the match.

That means that Atobe was at the very least, on a different level from Kantou Sanada, with Rai and co sealed off. Not just Echizen-barely-manages-to-win kind of level, way above that.

And being above Kantou's Sanada automatically makes Atobe at the very least better than the rest of the A-Ranked list. So it's either Top of Rank A, or bottom of Rank S. I would personally put him on the bottom of Rank S.

So, based on that evidence, I say Krauser should go A-Rank and Atobe either to the top of A-Rank, of bottom of Rank S.

As for Yukimura being on a different level than Sanada, frankly I just never saw Sanada returning special shots the way Yukimura did, without even breaking a sweat. But since there is not enough evidence to presume he is that much better than him, and a match is coming up to provide us with that evidence, I'll drop that claim.
Would he break the seal? My minds eye says he didn't have the seal. We DO know that Atobe defeated "Zan," however we don't know if Sanada would use any other of the FuuRinKaZan, and play smart. We really don't know how the match would have ended. We know if he continued spamming Zan, he would have lost. Maybe that's what Yukimura meant? We don't know.

As for Nationals Atobe being on a higher level than Kantou Sanada? I'd say so. Nationals Atobe being on the same level as Nationals Sanada? certainly not. Yukimura didn't say "Everyone except Atobe will never beat Sanada," did he.

As for Sanada not returning special shots, I think a doubled Ka wouldn't be returnable by anyone but Yukimura himself. Sanada returned that with ease. Really now, with Rai, Sanada can return anything. You can't use that as a comparison.

I want to see how you answer these first, before changes are made.

Dansan1

Reaction score
Country
United States
What about Kin being the lowest of the Shinten three? Both Chitose and Shirashi said he was better?

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I doubt Krauser would be able to beat Niou or Kite. Remember, the first two matches against Nagoya in the finals were a loss on purpose. Bunta pair and Yagyuu let them win. After Kirihara won, Renji and Niou 6-1'd them, and Sanada 6-0'd the guy. Krauser was great to be able to match Kantou Kirihara, but still isn't enough for Nationals A ranks.

You misread my post. I never said Yukimura never knew, I said we don't know WHEN Yukimura knew. What we DO know, is that Sanada didn't start using Rai until the Nationals started. That's how he 6-0'd everyone in the National tournament, except Tezuka. The nationals started AFTER Sanada's match with Atobe. So we still don't know when Sanada actually created the techniques, before or after Kantou. The series isn't clear. Obviously Yukimura is going to know about Rai in the finals, if he is spamming the hell out of everyone in the entire tournament. By the finals, nobody on rikkaidai should be surprised. ESPECIALLY Yukimura.

But the issue is In. We do not know when he told Yukimura about it. All we know is, it was obviously created any time before the national finals.

*Side Note*
This is entirely unrelated, but my own theory is that Sanada didn't just develop "In" for Tezuka. My mind's eye is, he created it specifically to counter Atobe's WoI after Yukimura stopped his match, and Chitose's PoGW at the same time, so they wouldn't be a problem in the Nationals. Then, it just made it easy for him when he found out Tezuka achieved PoGW. The reason why I say this is because it is unlikely Sanada created "In" years ago, when Tezuka only obtained PoGW in the semifinals. It wouldn't make sense. This isn't incorporated into my thinking on this matter, It's just my own personal theory.

Would he break the seal? My minds eye says he didn't have the seal. We DO know that Atobe defeated "Zan," however we don't know if Sanada would use any other of the FuuRinKaZan, and play smart. We really don't know how the match would have ended. We know if he continued spamming Zan, he would have lost. Maybe that's what Yukimura meant? We don't know.

As for Nationals Atobe being on a higher level than Kantou Sanada? I'd say so. Nationals Atobe being on the same level as Nationals Sanada? certainly not. Yukimura didn't say "Everyone except Atobe will never beat Sanada," did he.

As for Sanada not returning special shots, I think a doubled Ka wouldn't be returnable by anyone but Yukimura himself. Sanada returned that with ease. Really now, with Rai, Sanada can return anything. You can't use that as a comparison.

I want to see how you answer these first, before changes are made.
Krauser
Krauser was not only better than Kantou's Kirihara, he was good enough to beat him until he got his power up. So he was on par with National Kirihara(pre devil mode) which accounts for the training Kirihara must have done before the nationals.

I don't know why you are bringing up the rest of Rikkai. I know they lost on purpose.

Krauser was better than Kantou Kirihara, for sure. And my point is, Kantou Kirihara is probably at the very least, in the same level as national Niou and co. Maybe not better than them, but definitely on the same level.

Krauser>>>>>>>>>>Kantou Kirihara
Kantou Kirihara<National Niou and other A ranked players

Therefore, given that he not only beat Kantou Kirihara, but absolutely DESTROYED him, I think it would be fair to put him at the very least in the A rank. As for where in the A rank, I suggest in the bottom because we haven't seen that much of him.

Yukimura knowing about the techniques
As for Rai, I don't even think he spammed it throughout the tournament. Because of this page:

He sealed off his two ultimate techniques.
That means he hasn't used them until that match. I actually think he had those techniques since before Kantou. It wouldn't be much of a seal if he simply didn't waste his ultimate technique in nameless characters.
And since Yukimura compares to a technique Tezuka had all along but didn't use...Well.
Fuji more or less confirms that.

More or less. Not enough to be 100% sure, but I'd go with 80%.
In and Rai were the two techniques "sealed off" by Sanada.

Atobe vs Sanada
First of all, we agree that National Atobe>Kantou Sanada.
Now, can we agree that Kantou Sanada>Entire A Rank?
If we can agree on that, then that's it. Atobe should be on either the top of Rank A, or bottom of Rank S.

And I don't think Yukimura meant "stop spamming your techniques Sanada. USE.SOME. FUCKING. VARIETY." when he said that Sanada would lose. Otherwise, instead of immediatly stopping the match after ONE SINGLE POINT he would have just yelled something between the lines of "Sanada. You have 6 broken techniques. Use a different one."

That, added to the fact that Atobe has a broken technique that has only one counter so far(Tezuka Zone) Shadow is not a counter since Atobe is aiming at spots his opponent can't see, instead of predicting where he is going. And if he can't see where the ball is going, he can't use his broken teleport, since he wouldn't know where to go. If you blindfolded Flash from the DC comics for example, then he could accidentally go to the Niagara falls instead of reaching the finish line. Know what I mean?

Also, Atobe has his other broken serve.

Not to say he would beat Sanada for sure. But he has a chance. And having a chance of beating Mr.BrokenMcBrokerson means he deserves the top of A Rank, or bottom of S Rank.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Krauser
Krauser was not only better than Kantou's Kirihara, he was good enough to beat him until he got his power up. So he was on par with National Kirihara(pre devil mode) which accounts for the training Kirihara must have done before the nationals.

I don't know why you are bringing up the rest of Rikkai. I know they lost on purpose.

Krauser was better than Kantou Kirihara, for sure. And my point is, Kantou Kirihara is probably at the very least, in the same level as national Niou and co. Maybe not better than them, but definitely on the same level.

Krauser>>>>>>>>>>Kantou Kirihara
Kantou Kirihara<National Niou and other A ranked players

Therefore, given that he not only beat Kantou Kirihara, but absolutely DESTROYED him, I think it would be fair to put him at the very least in the A rank. As for where in the A rank, I suggest in the bottom because we haven't seen that much of him.
The whole idea around saying "Nationals" or "Kantou" is referring to their skill level. The Kirihara that played Krauser was actually "Kantou Kirihara," because Akaya was the last to evolve.

"Nationals Kirihara" didn't come into the picture UNTIL his match with Krauser and evolved.
"Nationals Fuji" didn't come into the picture UNTIL he played Shiraishi and evolved.
"Nationals Tezuka" didn't come into the picture UNTIL he played Chitose and evolved.

Up until those points, they were all still at Kantou level, just playing in the Nationals. So to say Krauser was winning against "Nationals Kirihara" would be wrong, because he didn't evolve until he went into his devil mode. He was winning against "Kantou Kirihara."

Yukimura knowing about the techniques
As for Rai, I don't even think he spammed it throughout the tournament. Because of this page:

He sealed off his two ultimate techniques.
That means he hasn't used them until that match. I actually think he had those techniques since before Kantou. It wouldn't be much of a seal if he simply didn't waste his ultimate technique in nameless characters.
And since Yukimura compares to a technique Tezuka had all along but didn't use...Well.
Fuji more or less confirms that.

More or less. Not enough to be 100% sure, but I'd go with 80%.
In and Rai were the two techniques "sealed off" by Sanada.
You forgot about this page, where Sanada uses Rai against the randy (singles 1) on Nagoya, and went on to win it 6-0.

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/339/03/

Rikkaidai won 5-0 in every match throughout the Nationals (except Nagoya) which suggests Sanada was raping people 6-0. If he used Rai against that Nagoya randy, he was using it the whole time.

Atobe vs Sanada
First of all, we agree that National Atobe>Kantou Sanada.
Now, can we agree that Kantou Sanada>Entire A Rank?
If we can agree on that, then that's it. Atobe should be on either the top of Rank A, or bottom of Rank S.
That, is logic I will accept.
*Atobe's rank updated*

And I don't think Yukimura meant "stop spamming your techniques Sanada. USE.SOME. FUCKING. VARIETY." when he said that Sanada would lose. Otherwise, instead of immediatly stopping the match after ONE SINGLE POINT he would have just yelled something between the lines of "Sanada. You have 6 broken techniques. Use a different one."
As for what Yukimura meant, we will never know. I personally think the best answer is that Yukimura knows Sanada is stubborn, and he would have lost because of it. (IE: spamming 1 move)

I can't base my answers around an opinion, though

Last edited:

Neru

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Obviously, Kintarou>Shiraishi/Chitose

But I did like to hear your reason for his placement below them though.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kintarou isn't placed above them because it isn't obvious. We have no idea how a match between them would end up. We are about to though, when the Kintarou/Chitose match comes up. Then we will see how the two match up against each other.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Now that we solved Atobe's problem, let's move on to Krauser:

Krauser was MUCH better than Kantou Kirihara. Would you say Kantou Kirihara was on the same level as National Niou/rest of the Rank A?
If if Kantou Kirihara wasn't on the same level as the rest of the Rank A list, he definitely wouldn't lose 6-0 to them. He would at least get 6-3, or 6-4.
And Krauser was DESTROYING Kantou Kirihara 5-0. So it's safe to assume that even if Krauser is not THAT strong, he could in the very least, put up a decent fight against the other A Ranked players.

Status
Not open for further replies.