Prince of the tower! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Prince of the tower!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, I think we need a thread to discuss this topic.

Since the second season began one of the main plot points (to the chagrin of many but w/e) is the whole prince of the tower thing. It was first mentioned by repelista some time ago. Apparently the prince is returning or something. The series has heavily hinted that wangnan is actually the prince.

Now, the most obvious thing here is that there is no such thing as a prince of the tower within the political system in the tower. Princesses are chosen and given power. So the question is, what exactly is the relevance of the prince? Seeing wangnam he does not seem to have any unique traits at all, he was even somewhat weak. He does not have the strength which is granted to the princesses. So the issue is in what context is he a prince of zahard? Was he born of a princess? Or was he actually born from zahard? If he actually inherited some priviledges from zahard then he could be extremely relevant. Perhaps he simply needs to awaken his zahard power to become something like the princesses. Perhaps what he is is the reason why zahard does not normally have descendants.

Another possibility is that it revolves around the nature of the contracts the king has with the guardians of each floor. Zahard is supposed to be immortal so wangnan should not be a threat to him. Unless there is a fine print that has a weird bit about descendants.

Any thoughts?

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Well, my theory is not from a such database but i do believe ringkeepers are Zahard's princes.
Karaka tries to become a FUG slayer to overthrow the empire, Wangnam hasn't the ideas so clear, so that's part of the plot behind him. At the start he wanted to change the Tower, just like his mummy bro... then it changed, and personally, it will be difficult to explain why it lose the determination to do it. Weak arguments are weak.

Baam is truly the Tower's prince. He's its proxy and the most special being able to understand energy process of others and copy them, after two seasons, wants to experience what it is be outside the Tower binding Rachel's and Urek's dream. Plot logic says that beyond its wall, is Talse User's universe, another stories will be told about that; so i don't think Baam will be part of them, he has to stay inside, for something he's collecting friends. He's kind of destined to put the Tower's will over the table.
Beings connected to the Tower are the guardians, Headon discredit Rachel's intervention at its door but help her to gain power thanks to her Irregular status, and so while climbing it. She's helping Baam to fulfill the Tower's will to delete the contract with Zahard.

Everyone is controlled, everyone might be betrayed, that's the root of this manwha.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think baam can be the prince... As far as we know he is an irregular which kinda suggests he is from outside the tower to begin with. In that regard him having any prior relationship with anyone within the tower would be strange.

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wangnan's true power is implied or explicitly stated by SIU -I can't remember which- to be dormant so even though he appears weak right now, who knows what capabilities he might have when he reaches his full potential. He also mentioned a mother so whoever she is, Wagnan's mother will be a key player in his backstory and possible connection with Zahard.

I don't think Baam is a prince though. It just seems too much for one character imo.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, her mom is probably not a princess of zahard at least. At least such a thing wouldn't be enough to make him relevant to the story more than anak. Anak is supposed to be dead because of the laws and whatnot and yet people seemed to have just forgotten about it so far. I mean, everyone knows she is there and yet they are not hunting her down like a wild animal. It would be easy for the most part, a ranker would still do her in easily. So it is extremely likely, IMO, that wangnan actually is a son of zahard unlike the princesses. The princesses receive a portion of zahard's power, which probably has something to do with the contracts he has with the guardians of each floor, odds are that being zahard's son will grant him even more privileges eventually.

Perhaps the case can be made that the reason he and the others were not killed by fug at first was because of wangnan in a way? If he is a mistake by zahard then perhaps fug would be to begin with aware of him. But then if he does have power from zahard they might also see him as a threat. Perhaps a case can be made that fug would rather not poke that with a 10 foot pole unless it actually became a problem...

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Regarding Bam, I hope he isn't related to Jahad in any way and therefore isn't a/the Prince. However, Bam can still be a relative of one of the ten Great Families or even King Jahads son without contradicting with anything the series has setup so far. Since we don't know how time works between the outside world and the Tower itself, it's even possible that - from the POV of the outside world - King Jahad entered the Tower just ~10 years before Bam. What I'm trying to say is that 1 year in the Tower doesn't have to equal 1 year in the outside world. Just take Dragonball's Hyperbolic Time Chamber as an example, where one year inside the chamber equals one day in the outside world. SIU can play with these number as he pleases.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That is true too. What if baam is related to jahad but not as someone from within the tower but someone from the outside? Jahad came from the outside which means at some point while outside he had a life which presumably included friends and family. What if baam is his son from over there or something? Of course, such a thing would imply a considerable difference in the passage of time in the tower.

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
We can't know if Baam really did come "outside" of the Tower. We know that Mazino did come from the outside, because he talked about the outside world, the sky, stuff like that.

Baam and Rachel came from some kind of closed space, like it was a basement of the Tower. Especially since there's Zahard symbol on the wall.

Also, Baam was said to be different than any other Irregular that came from outside. They were all crazy strong from the moment they came in.

apellon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
i think he is still to awaken his powers ... you can see him healing quicker than a normal person should ... he is a threat because if awaken he could overthrow the government or his father or the tower order in general --- might fight against baam eventually