1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. The Waifu Wars 2017 Round 4 has begun! Bring the salt and cast your votes!

5. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  6. Dear members of the Fairy Tail section, please keep in mind that according to our rules spamming as well as bashing are forbidden. Violation will be dealt with accordingly.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Proven Slayers vs. False Slayers (Official Character Profiles) [UPDATED w/ New Poll]

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail' started by Nemispelled, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Which 3 slayers are your top favorite? (Both True & False included)

1. Acnologia

31.6%
  2. Gray Fullbuster

23.7%
  3. Chelia Blendy

7.9%
  4. Natsu Dragneel

34.2%
  5. Gajeel Redfox

10.5%
  6. Wendy Marvell

10.5%
  7. Laxus Dreyar

21.1%
  8. Erik "Cobra"

5.3%
  9. Sting Eucliffe

15.8%
  10. Rogue Cheney

7.9%
  11. God Serena

26.3%
  12. Future Rogue Cheney

10.5%
  13. Silver Fullbuster

26.3%
  14. Zancrow

5.3%
  15. Orga Nanagear

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Irene Belserion

36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nemispelled

Nemispelled Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States

I don't think Etherious means artificial. Etherious is just a type of demon. Pretty much, the 9 demon gates and Deliora are all real demons. I don't see why they can't be.

Just because Zeref made them, it doesn't mean they aren't real demons. Zeref is the black wizard who specializes in dark magic, so it makes sense that he can create real demons.

Whether he can create the strongest demons is debatable, but as you can see, the Tartaros demons are way stronger than the Galuna demons, so I don't see why we can't count the Etherious demons as real demons.

Lol, if you ask me, then Deliora looks a lot more like an actual demon that the Galuna Island demons, so in my opinion, I would count Etherious as real demons.

The difference between Faust and Zeref is that Dorma Anim was created out of metal. It doesn't have the flesh of a real dragon. That's why Gajeel could eat the metal from Dorma Anim.

Zeref's demons actually have real demon flesh. That's why Gray's magic defeated Tempesta and Mard Geer. That's also how Laxus got infected by demon particles and why the Tartaros demons could use the machines and tanks located inside Hell's Core to regenerate or reconstruct their physical bodies from scratch.

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 6, 2016 ---

Lol, I think failed is even harsher than false. Failed means they couldnt achieve that goal. It would fall in the same category as rejected. Technically, some of them have not "failed" yet. So I don't want to generalize them into that category too quickly.

I can call them Fake Slayer or Failed Slayer, but in my opinion, I think would be even more offensive, so I decided to just put false instead.

False isn't that bad. It just means that the title could be misleading. Because, technically, they haven't proven themselves, so they have to be considered false, but they are still a slayer, they just aren't a proven slayer.

And if you want to distinguish the difference between "false" and "unproven", then just look for whether it says "pending..." (blue) or "rejected" (red).

Pending status means they still have a chance to become a proven slayer, but are considered false until they can prove themselves.

Rejected status means that they have no chance of becoming a proven slayer and are officially considered false slayers.

2. natsulucy

natsulucy Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    I think Natsu and laxus can defeat GMG Dragons.

3. Nemispelled

United States
    Well, thinking is fine, you have your own opinions; but for this thread's purpose, thinking something doesn't cut it.

We can't go by what we think, we have to go by what we know.

I can think that Gray can oneshot Deliora with IDeSM, but I can't classify Gray as Proven Demon/Devil Slayer based on my assumptions alone.

There needs to be some sort of proof or evidence for me to classify them as a Proven Slayer.

4. Fox666

Fox666 Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Brazil
    Didn't Igneel explained that Natsu and the others would also turn into dragons eventually? If that's the case, then there is no proof that Acnologia slayed any dragon, just Zirconis word. If Silver word cannot be taken as proof that he slayed demons, shouldn't the same go for Acnologia?

5. Shasha23

Shasha23 Registered User

South Africa
    But we have already seen Acnologia kill a dragon and we haven't seen Silver do such

Fox666 likes this.
  6. Tryndamere

Tryndamere Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

The Wall
    Demons are so weak bruh everyone can slay them while fodder dragons gmg were too strong for everyone even for dragon slayers. This just expound the durability+power gap between demons and dragons, it is too huge you know. Natsu was the only who put some damage to a dragon.
    By appling your theory then Laxus is a demon slayer - Erza is a demon slayer - Lucy is a demon slayer - Natsu , Gajeel , wendy are all demons slayers because they defeats demons.
    Dragon slaying magic is used to defeat dragons, Acnologia is hunting the dragon slayers and he ignored August,Jacob and targeted Serena dat event has proved dragon slayers can threat a real dragon otherwise Acnologia should give no fucks about them.

7. Nemispelled

United States
    Well, Igneel explained to Natsu that without antibodies, the dragon slayers would eventually turn into a dragon. But it wasn't just Zirconis word, even Igneel acknowledged that Acnologia slayed many dragons in his time. It was stated that Acnologia bathed in the dragon's blood that he slayed, that's how he turned into a dragon. That's why Igneel's plan for the last 400 years was to exact revenge on Acnologia.

Even so, I agree with you that we don't have hardcore evidence of his transformation as a result from slaying dragons, but that's just icing on the cake. We've already seen Acnologia kill Igneel, King of the Fire Dragons.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 8, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 8, 2016 ---

No, I didn't say you are a demon slayer for defeating a demon. I said you are a Proven Demon Slayer if you can slay a demon with demon slayer magic. More specifically, a demon that you would not be able to beat without demon slayer magic. Which is the case in Gray vs. Mard Geer.

Natsu isn't the Fire God Slayer for slaying the God of War either.

A dragon slayer has to defeat a dragon to be called a proven dragon slayer. The same requirements apply for any type of slayer.

8. Loke

Loke Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    gray beat artificial etherious. foh. real demons are more akin to what mira performed takeovers on

9. Laxus pwns natsu

Laxus pwns natsu Registered User

United States
    Natsu is a proven slayer since he oneshotted acno :derp

10. Invel > Zeref

Invel > Zeref Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Everyone besides Natsu and maybe Wendy should lose the dragon slayer title. Even Juvia has helped cause more harm to a dragon than any of the dragon slayers besides the two previously mentioned

ninek and Jean Grey like this.
  11. Nemispelled

United States
    Yeah, I'm probably just gonna give all the dragon slayers their title, since each of them played a role in Acnologia's defeat.

I would like to take a moment to congratulate the dragon slayers on earning their new titles. As promised (when I created this thread over a year ago), I will give the dragon slayers their title when they defeat Acnologia, which they did.

They all deserve it.

12. Asorx

Asorx Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Poland
    Sting, Gray, Chelia :hip

ninek and Nemispelled like this.
  13. Cosmicstar

Cosmicstar Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    You really shouldn't. They can't slay a dragon. Otherwise everyone in Fiore would be considered able to slay a dragon.

14. natsulucy

natsulucy Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    My favourite Slayers

Acnologia,Natsu and Irene

15. **Salty**

**Salty** Registered User

Finland
    where is Erza ???

16. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    Natsu, God Serena, Irene My favs.

Zancrow, Gajeel, Sting, Sherria follows them.

Gray slayed Tempester in the manga, Natsu with the combined powers of the 6 ds slayed Acnologia, Sherria somewhat slayed Chronos but it's ambiguous. At least we got all 3 slayers fight their respective prey.

Nemispelled likes this.
  17. Jean Grey

Jean Grey Registered User

Croatia
  18. **Salty**

**Salty** Registered User

Finland
    Erza Slayed and defeated Irene:yodawg:yodawg

Reebi likes this.
  19. Jean Grey

Jean Grey Registered User

Croatia
    none.

Nemispelled likes this.
  20. Nemispelled

United States

Well, if they were dragon slayers, I would have given everybody in Fiore their title.

But people like Gray isn't even a dragon slayer to begin with. He only has the power to slay a demon. It just happened that all of Fiore was able to combine their power to take out a mindless Acnologia. But at the end of the day, their magic isn't meant to kill a dragon.

Plus, Dragon Acnologia only exploded into pieces after Human Acnologia was defeated by the dragon slayers.

Even though Natsu took the last hit, all the other dragon slayers still played their equal role and contributed to Acnologia's defeat. That's good enough for me to consider them as a dragon slayer.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2017 at 9:23 PM ---

Erza slayed a dragon. (with the help of Wendy's magic of course)

But the reason why I don't list her here is because she is not a dragon slayer. Her Requip Magic wasn't enchanted/given to her by a dragon nor does she have a dragon lacrima.

So she isn't really defined as a dragon slayer even though she has "reverted/killed" a dragon.

She is just an ordinary human that assisted in defeating Dragon Irene.

All the other dragon slayers on this list actually have dragon slaying magic (a form of magic that is meant to kill dragons).

CaptainTorch, natsulucy and Doughboy like this.