Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinals: Match 3: Blackbeard vs. Gol D. Roger

Who Wins?

• Marshall D. Teach

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Gol D. Roger

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

astute_azure

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A title is nothing in a tournament without feats, thats how it works. I agree with your point that these legends or people who have little to no manga showings should never be included in tournaments (unless i misunderstood you).

Now that they are included, they should realistically lose every single matchup because they have no showings and people should not complain. The fact that Roger beat Marco in this tourney infuriates me.
yeah, same reasoning as germs/bacteria/virus won't hurt you because you can't see them. whatever dude! nice logic you got my friend

you seem to forget the importance of titles, a person is easily recognized of their practice and mastery with titles i.e. DR (insert name) MD. When you need medical attention go to one who doesn't have that title it don't matter to you anyway, real or manga wise, your logic/reasoning is nonsensical.

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
you seem to forget the importance of titles, a person is easily recognized of their practice and mastery with titles i.e. DR (insert name) MD. When you need medical attention go to one who doesn't have that title it don't matter to you anyway, real or manga wise, your logic/reasoning is nonsensical.
Just one addition.

We got a Crewmember of Gol D rogers Crew, who was a mastermind of the greatest breakout of impel down.

Who rode side on side with two Ex-Shichibukais.

Who later became a Shichibukai by himself.

Who argued with whitebeard like with an old rival.

Who even opened the gate of justice with his holy might.

Who survived the strongest swordslash of the world.

Who was frozen by Aokiji.

And most of all... is just a damn badass character.

But i dont see hima round here... i think we all know who i mean...

You see... titles are bullshit. :(

astute_azure

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah right, so Admirals Yonkou and the likes are all bullshit! whatever dude, sick reasoning you got there, tell it to the marines!

O and mind you that person commands a crew of mighty prisoners.

Last edited:

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, same reasoning as germs/bacteria/virus won't hurt you because you can't see them. whatever dude! nice logic you got my friend

BB is not going to run away from Roger simply because of his title... Thats just stupid to think that. The rule applies for some fodder but even then, they stand up to these people. Titles mean jack shit if you have nothing to back your claims up.

I dont understand the analogy you presented, what does not being able to see germs etc have anything in common with how a title has no relevance in a tournament?
BB should, by rules of the tournament, win. If anyone can provide a panel of what Roger is capable of, then feel free to post it.

astute_azure

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
how stup.. and there you go, with your endless nonsense cycle of "I can't see him do anything, he can't do anything."

Oh and Roger doesn't have to show anything.

Last edited:

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how stup.. and there you go, with your endless nonsense cycle of "I can't see him do anything, he can't do anything."

Oh and Roger doesn't have to show anything.
Yes because he is going to win a tournament with no feats. Please oh please, explain to us how Roger is going to beat Blackbeard, dont worry, everyones eager to see this.

astute_azure

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Just accept it then, he should not have been included in this crappy tournament, he pretty much owns without showing anything, or you simply lack imagination and acceptance that Roger is PIRATE KING THE STRONGEST

Nobody yet has surpassed him, otherwise Roger would be WAS the Pirate King, and that is not the case. Yonkou and all are still fighting to become the new one, so clearly no one can be equal in strength to Roger other than Whitebeard at his prime.

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just for your consideration. In One Piece u get stronger when u fight a lot and have plenty of rivals, can we agree to that?

And now think about it... who started the pirateage? Roger. Before his death there were some pirates yes... but it was nothing compared to now, we only have seen some old pirates kicking some ass after years of fighting. Whitebeard could have reached his prime after Gol D was dead after all. Jeff was considered a damn strong pirate who had survived the grandline.... what would he be compared to Sanji right now? :o

astute_azure

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Like how Whitebeard is nothing? some pirates? even BB wanted to get level 6 pirates, without them he'd be fodderized\

not to mention they were all silver medalist to a weak old Whitebeard.

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I get what you guys are saying, we didn't see anything from Roger. But, I can't vote for Blackbeard because we all know Roger would beat him. Whitebeard and Roger were equal in a fight. Whitebeard pawned Blackbeard like a nuisance while old, sick and wounded. I can't see Blackbeard having any kind of chance against Roger in his prime, even if he has 5 devil fruits.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just accept it then, he should not have been included in this crappy tournament, he pretty much owns without showing anything, or you simply lack imagination and acceptance that Roger is PIRATE KING THE STRONGEST

Nobody yet has surpassed him, otherwise Roger would be WAS the Pirate King, and that is not the case. Yonkou and all are still fighting to become the new one, so clearly no one can be equal in strength to Roger other than Whitebeard at his prime.
A simple solution would be you explaining how you think Roger will win in this fight. Name any counter to any of BBs attacks. Use your imagination if you want, but be sure to have something to back it up from the manga.

@ Razh

I know in the manga Roger would most likely win, but in a tournament titles mean nothing if there is no back up.

Ninja_Pirate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
When i was in School... in national college selection exams, toppers are the ones who use to score around 80-85% ... then that entrance exam started become famous... more students started preparing for it ... more harder as the competition keeps increasing,,, last year who topped scored 99%.. I was dumbstruck... And that 85% from that time , can that guy survive without giving extra efforts and preparations ... or with the same intelligence and hard work he did that time..

Yeah Roger may or may not beat BB.... half dead WB trashed BB (did he,,,, he hit him hard but BB knew that he is not gonna get hit by gura gura power so he took the hit...).. BB wanted to finish the fight early and he used the crew to do that by not risking to attack WB again directly and prolonging things.. giving time for someone to step in ,... I would say he was more of an opportunist than a coward ,,, And it has been two years ... Who knows how much BB has grown in power... how much he got developed with Gura gura no mi .... Darkness sucks in a person hit him with gura gura no mi and then throw them out...

I am not convinced without seeing Roger fight that he can actually beat BB ,,,

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I know in the manga Roger would most likely win, but in a tournament titles mean nothing if there is no back up.
It would have been great if it applied to every match up so far. Then we wouldn't have Blackbeard beating Enel or Buggy beating Killer. Not to mention Roger and Dragon wouldn't last this long.

In this case, there is a back up. We've seen someone who was said to be equal to Roger in a fight and based on that we can conclude what Roger would be capable of.

astute_azure

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A simple solution would be you explaining how you think Roger will win in this fight. Name any counter to any of BBs attacks. Use your imagination if you want, but be sure to have something to back it up from the manga.
And how would you prove that BB wins against Roger? Go ahead you seem to have more in your mind that can prove that BB indeed can destroy Roger.

so which manga are these characters from? are they not the same characters having the tournament?

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would have been great if it applied to every match up so far. Then we wouldn't have Blackbeard beating Enel or Buggy beating Killer. Not to mention Roger and Dragon wouldn't last this long.

In this case, there is a back up. We've seen someone who was said to be equal to Roger in a fight and based on that we can conclude what Roger would be capable of.
Yet a real counter to BBs abilites has not been provided. I understand who Roger is in the Manga and he was equal to WB, but you cannot apply WBs feats to Roger. For example you cannot say Roger would be able to tilt Marineford or die standing. Basically WBs feats are WBs, they do not share abilites therefore should not be used to explain each others strength.

And how would you prove that BB wins against Roger? Go ahead you seem to have more in your mind that can prove that BB indeed can destroy Roger.
Please dont misquote me. I didnt say BB will destroy Roger, i said in this tournament since Roger has shown nothing in the manga (FACT) there is no argument to support him winning against someone who has displayed more combat feats in the manga, regardless of title.

so which manga are these characters from? are they not the same characters having the tournament?
I dont think you understand what a tournament is. Do you have anything in the manga to show in terms of Rogers abilities?

Read the manga, i dont have to point out BBs abilities to you.

Last edited:

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Yet a real counter to BBs abilites has not been provided. I understand who Roger is in the Manga and he was equal to WB, but you cannot apply WBs feats to Roger. For example you cannot say Roger would be able to tilt Marineford or die standing. Basically WBs feats are WBs, they do not share abilites therefore should not be used to explain each others strength.
Roger's strength was hinted long ago, and Whitebeard gave us a better feel of the scope of it. Fact is that Roger tied with a man who almost singlehandely destroyed Marineford. I don't know what kind of attacks or abilities he possesed but it seems pretty scary when you think about it. Scary for someone who got pawned by Whitebeard in 2 moves, anyway. I'm done here.

Josear XIII

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I vote roger for two reasons.

1- BB has nothing like raw power, he has devil fruit power. Roger on the other hand was not a DF user and achieved being the pirate king. But he was capture at one time and killed so he cant be that great, who knows how many admirals they used to fight that man. Well we have to guess the Haki was sort of a unknown concept for Oda at the time since Roger could have just haki everyonen in there and never be killed XD poor Oda.

2- BB should have lost to Enel. Enel vs Roger would have been epic (even if enel loses by popularity votes)
2.5- yes im still resented for BB's victory over enel

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
But he was capture at one time and killed so he cant be that great, who knows how many admirals they used to fight that man. Well we have to guess the Haki was sort of a unknown concept for Oda at the time since Roger could have just haki everyonen in there and never be killed XD poor Oda.
I feel like I should remind you that Roger gave himself up to WG. He wanted them to execute him publicly and he wanted to give message to the world.

Btw, I don't think Oda just thought of Haki around chapter 300 and decided to incorporate it into the story.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I vote for Roger . I have the feeling he was stronger than BB and he would win this (too stubborn i know:p)

BTW let's state our opinion in a nice way and be friendly with each other . No need for ironic words that may offend the other . Thank You !

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
I think Blackbeard is strong enough to beat Shanks (and I think he actually will later, in the manga), he's strong as hell. But I can't imagine the Pirate King losing to anyone. I vote Roger, no question.

I'm tired of the discussion about "feats" and whether people like Roger or Dragon should've been included in the tournament. They were, whether we like it or not. So I'm going to vote on the hype, intelligently.

Status
Not open for further replies.