Quarterfinals: Match 4: Rayleigh vs. Shanks | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinals: Match 4: Rayleigh vs. Shanks

Who Wins?

• Rayleigh

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Shanks

Votes: 40 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Quarterfinals: Match 4

RAYLEIGH VS SHANKS

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'll give it to Shanks, just because he's in his prime and Rayleigh is pretty much old
But neither these two showed all they have... Shanks for me

SuperPeon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Both are very strong. I would go for Shanks since Rayleigh is getting old.

hossice

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since Rayleigh is getting old? :-_- Whitebeard was getting old too and look what he did. I'm not saying that Rayleigh would win, just that argument is kind of invalid to use alone.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Based on the same argument I made in the other thread, we have seen more from Ray, it's expected of Shanks to be probably to 4/5 characters in the series. But meh, I know Shanks has quite the popularity, despite that, Rayleigh for me here.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Rayleigh said he's getting to old to even think on defeat an admiral. Shanks stops the Fleet Admiral punch with only one arm and didn't even sweat.

Obviously Shanks wins this.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
surely shanks! :p . that man is an emperor now,one of the 3 strongest pirates. notwithstanding rayleigh used to be stronger than him,now shanks is surely above him. shanks is very young: he arrived at sabaody only 12 years ago,so he is a new entry for the NW. yet,he is already one of the 2 strongest there.

redhairSH

Reaction score
Country
United States
If this was young rayleigh, i think he could win, as it is now, shanks is in his prime, rayleigh has been declining for a few years now, shanks has it

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
still going with the man who has some more feets then the other

rayleigh all the way

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India
Rayleigh is old... and shanks lost an arm... both have massive Haki... but if haki is directly proportional to experience... I would say... rayleigh wins ,,, he swam across the calm belt.. that was just pretty cool...

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Rayleigh himself admitted that he could just stop one admiral now, whereas shanks stopped akainu, without efforts! It's clear which one is stronger ;)

leshrak

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think Shanks wins here.
Rayleigh is really strong and was fighting on pair with an admiral. However Shanks stopped a war just by appearing there. Of course he was not alone but the marines still had all 3 admirals, Garp, Sengoku and the Shishibukai so they still could fight.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do u all forgot their relationsship? It isnt even a fight, its just talk. Shanks would drink Sake with his old Vice-Captain and nothing more. :o Heck this would eventually go down, who could drink more and still being sober.... and seeing shanks more often drunk then rayleigh, ist rayleigh for me. :P

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's not how drinking works Sachsenhesse. The one who gets drunk more often will have a higher resistance, therefore Shanks will win. Tsk tsk tsk.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dude pls. Rayleigh always got a bottle with him.

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
But how often have you seen him drinking from it? Shanks seems to be more of a heavy drinker.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shanks seems more like a social drinker, someone who just drinks at parties or social gatherings, where as Rayleigh seems more like a hardcore alcoholic who always has to have a little liquor around.

And if I'm remembering correctly, the last time Rayleigh was seen in the manga was in his flashback of meeting Roger; so we can use a young Rayleigh for this fight?

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India
Thats what happens when the true fighting potential is unknown ... lol :p

Shanks is an idol for luffy and rayleigh is his teacher... Shanks is his motivation and Rayleigh is the one helping him utilize that motivation.....

And why people pointing out that Shanks blocked one of the admirals attack.. Didnt rayleigh did the same (Kizaru is an admiral) ... and Shanks had the crew with him..otherwise there was no way that Shanks could have alone stopped Admiral to kick asses...

Rayleigh was shown so much proficient with sword even when he picked it after so many years... he was the first mate ... and Shanks definitely respects him .. Marines were not able to catch him (even in the presence of Pacifistas... and an admiral) ... When he was their priority as soon as they came to know he is the first mate of roger... Everyone associated with Roger was captured by Marines... but not rayleigh over all this years...

Rayleigh wins without a doubt... if its a battle... if its a drinking competition... a swimming competition(he swam through calm belt killing several sea kings with his bare hands... and We dont even know if Shanks is proficient enough in all forms of haki.. (we are assuming it since he is shown proficient enough in kings haki) .,,, what if shanks is very weak in other forms of haki as compared to Rayleigh ,,, and we know that armament haki is pretty useful in a fight..

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shanks had to have been using armament haki to stop Akainu. Also, none of Roger's crew members were caught after disbanding, so Rayleigh isn't special in that regard. The list that we know were members of Roger's crew: Rayleigh, Crocus, Buggy, Shanks. Only Buggy was ever caught, and that was long after leaving Roger's crew. The Navy didn't even know he was a member at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.