Discussion - Question about Witches in BC | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Question about Witches in BC

PeanutButterJelly

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
What makes witches different from other people in BC? Vanessa and Reeve were both noted by Sally to be witches,is there something I'm missing? What differs a witch from a normal grimoire user? What makes Vanessa, Dorthy and Catherine classify as witches,but not Chamy and Noelle? :oh

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
From what I understand for witches are indicated women coming from the Forest of the Witches.

Noelle and Charmy are native to Clover, so they're not witches.

And anyway Sally is obviously talking about Dorothy and not about Reeves, who is an elf.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
From what I understand for witches are indicated women coming from the Forest of the Witches.

Noelle and Charmy are native to Clover, so they're not witches.

And anyway Sally is obviously talking about Dorothy and not about Reeves, who is an elf.
Yes,but how can you tell someone is some from the Witches forest and not clover? The pointy hat?

Even ˝Patri˝ noted Vanessa's a troublesome witch but never saw her in person,only from distance?
I'm asking for why they're witches,but how do people know they are?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yes,but how can you tell someone is some from the Witches forest and not clover? The pointy hat?

Even ˝Patri˝ noted Vanessa's a troublesome witch but never saw her in person,only from distance?
I'm asking for why they're witches,but how do people know they are?
Regarding Patri, he was probably informed about the members of the various companies.

Probably, so far all the people confirmed as witches wear a pointed hat to the exclusion of Domina.

Even Catherine, the woman who had fought against Yuno, in the guidebook is confirmed to come from the Forest.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Regarding Patri, he was probably informed about the members of the various companies.

Probably, so far all the people confirmed as witches wear a pointed hat to the exclusion of Domina.

Even Catherine, the woman who had fought against Yuno, in the guidebook is confirmed to come from the Forest.
This a huge stretch.Besides,how did Sally know? If so, why did she ask Charmy then?
I'm seriously hoping it's not because of the pointy hats. That's would be ridiculous XD

Hoping it's some sort of vibe or magic ˝sense˝ they emit or smh,considering they're all supposed to be children of the WQ.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
This a huge stretch.Besides,how did Sally know? If so, why did she ask Charmy then?
Both Vanessa and Dorothy wear the typical witch's heat so I guess it will have done two plus two, or probably already knew it (or at least about Dorothy, after all it's a captain)

As for Charmy, I have interpreted it as a gag, since I was talking about witches and wanted to ask Charmy if she was too, given the magic she uses.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Both Vanessa and Dorothy wear the typical witch's heat so I guess it will have done two plus two, or probably already knew it (or at least about Dorothy, after all it's a captain)

As for Charmy, I have interpreted it as a gag, since I was talking about witches and wanted to ask Charmy if she was too, given the magic she uses.

I find this explanation really underwhelming tbh. A witches hat can bought and worn by anyone. Hope it's get a confirmation tho

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But so far all the people from that forest use that hat. I do not think there is anything else to understand.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
But so far all the people from that forest use that hat. I do not think there is anything else to understand.
Anybody can wear the hat . . .
Still doesn't explain how Patri knew she was a witch. Her power manifested just recently.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is something I'd wondered about myself.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say their mana probably feels unique in nature, which makes it easy to tell who is from the Forest and who isn't.

If that is the case, it makes sense as to why Sally asked Charmy the question the way she did. She was already doubtful that Charmy was a witch.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But simply there are two things:

Or Sally has understood that Vanessa and Dorothy are witches with hat (and so far only witches have that hat, in fact theories that Dorothy was a witch had been there since before it was made official via hat).

Or simply she already knew it. I imagine that for Dorothy is in the public domain as a captain, for Vanessa they will probably be informed by having fought several times with Black Bull.

On Charmy, it's a simple joke.

I do not think there are differences between witches and normal humans who can use magic, just witches are the women who live in the Forest of the Witches.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
But simply there are two things:

Or Sally has understood that Vanessa and Dorothy are witches with hat (and so far only witches have that hat, in fact theories that Dorothy was a witch had been there since before it was made official via hat).

Or simply she already knew it. I imagine that for Dorothy is in the public domain as a captain, for Vanessa they will probably be informed by having fought several times with Black Bull.

On Charmy, it's a simple joke.

I do not think there are differences between witches and normal humans who can use magic, just witches are the women who live in the Forest of the Witches.
Still doesn't explain how Patri* knew she was a witch from just using her power. She within the BB base and he was still able to figure out she's a witch.Also note, Vanessa currently doesn't have her hat ( since before the Luck fight).

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Still doesn't explain how Patri* knew she was a witch from just using her power. She within the BB base and he was still able to figure out she's a witch.Also note, Vanessa currently doesn't have her hat ( since before the Luck fight).
Again, I do not see the problem, he probably already knew. Who better than him will be informed about the members of the various teams?

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Again, I do not see the problem, he probably already knew. Who better than him will be informed about the members of the various teams?
It's way out of the question. Her Fate magic manifested just recently, nobody outside the people who were present in the Witches Forest could have known about it.
Again, Sally was able to indetify Vanessa as a witch with out her wearing her hat.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Not even Rufel seemed overly surprised, maybe the elves already knew the spell who knows ...

It seems to me quite simple, that Vanessa was a witch I think everyone knew, or at least that Patri had already known before (I imagine that having to choose who a promising guest was to have checked at least the main members of the companies).

So as before, in the manga, witches have always understood the inhabitants of the Forest (hence Vanessa, Domina, but not Noelle because it is from Clover) or at least a subset of human beings.

That's all.