Raine's Wrap-Up - 340 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Raine's Wrap-Up - 340

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
:woo~~Raine’s Wrap-Up 340~~:woo

~Chapter 340: Dangerous Bridge~

I got some time to do another (though not enough time to do some kind of picture unfortunately...), so here we go!

~Big Expectations!:~

Last chapter we were left with an imposing scene of Naruto holding high his new jutsu- the RasenShuriken. It signalled a new Naruto and perhaps even an entire change to the series and his growth. We were really looking forward to the next chapter at that time, I’m sure.

...Maybe... not so much now. But I’ve always been a big supporter of all the choices Kishimoto decides to go with, so bear with me as I try to understand his choice this time around.

~Naruto Charges Forth! The Results Are...?:~

It seemed like things were going so smoothly when Naruto and his clones starting running for it... wait... running? Why didn’t Naruto just throw the darn thing? It’s a shuriken, isn’t it?

Well, I know you’re all well-aware of the DBZ-Destructo Disk comparison here, and like I said last week, I didn’t really care about that. However, I had been slightly worried about the use of the RasenShuriken. Truly, if it had been thrown, I would have thought Kishimoto really did have the Destructo Disk in mind.

But yet, now being shown that it’s a zero-zone jutsu, I had the thought for a minute that he was almost trying too hard to deviate from the Destructo Disk comparison in order to make up for looking unoriginal.

I guess perhaps one point you need to look at with the new jutsu is that it is a zero-zone jutsu. Not just because Naruto is still having problems with it, but it could also have something to do with the plot. I’m thinking about Sasuke here- he still has the Chidori, and it too is pretty much a zero-zone jutsu. Though, I’m still curious about his own little ‘don’t use that’ jutsu when Orochimaru stopped him and he had his hand up. Perhaps it’s something that could be a potential match-up to Naruto’s RasenShuriken that are going to go head-to-head in the future? It’s an interesting little plot point to think about.

Since we’re mostly talking about Naruto here, let’s break it up for a second and look at what Kakuzu said- ‘I’ll devour your heart’. Uh... no, Kakuzu. Baaaad Kakuzu. No taking hearts without AL-sama’s permission first! So much for the ‘Great and Mighty Scheme to Take Over the World’ if you kill one of the last remaining Jinchuuriki!

Okay, back on track. I’ve had my laugh. =P

~The Results are a Failure!?:~

Yup, it’s the point where everything seems to fall down. There’s been a lot of unrest about this, and I can’t help feeling that once again Kishimoto is trying to make up for something. It’s funny, but even without seeing the spoilers; I knew there was a chance of this happening.

I guess you have to look into this more deeply to understand it (though maybe I’m looking too deep), but I believe that Kishimoto had a reason for this chapter, and it’s not some kind of filler to leave us hanging out for next week. If he truly wanted us to be waiting eagerly for next week’s chapter, he wouldn’t have chosen such a bizarre method.

From looking at the RasenShuriken and using it as the scale to track Naruto’s progress, we really can see that he’s only 50% done. I’d have found it extremely weird if all had gone flawlessly despite the fact. There’s always bound to be a few problems when you first use a new technique in a real battle.

Like Ino said- ‘Even though he started out really good... I guess it’s just Naruto acting like himself’. Naruto couldn’t possibly become a different person in such a short time like that. Besides... do you really want to continue reading a manga with a character like Naruto where he suddenly turns into a completely different person (I cannot express just how much I dislike those fanfics where Naruto goes off and comes back wearing black and acting like an even more emo-version of Sasuke). It really wrecks the entire feeling that Kishimoto has strived to achieve so far.

~The Bridge yet to be Crossed! Naruto’s Resolve?:~

Despite the first-time failure of his jutsu and having to be rescued by his teachers, you see that Naruto is still determined to go on- no matter what the danger. You gotta hand it to the kid to go through such hardships and still come out feeling optimistic.

And really, I think that’s what this chapter was all about- Naruto’s resolve to find Sasuke again. Kakuzu is just an obstacle on this road, and he knows that if he fails here, he’ll never be able to go on. Sure he could have given up and let the others help, but it probably wouldn’t have felt the same as overcoming this obstacle himself.

~Wrap-Up!:~

Naruto might not exactly be a different person from before, but at least he’s on the way to becoming one. Next week’s chapter is called ‘The Result of Hard Work’. Let’s hope we can see Naruto’s hard work finally be achieved.

Again, sorry I was late this week. I’ve been working hard to get some money together for my new computer (which mostly means spending lots of time doing art commissions... by the way, if you would like to commission me, send me a PM). Hopefully I’ll be back next week!

And don’t forget to check out Robotic Red’s Commentary and GK’s Ten Comments!

Navid.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
Please register to see the content of this post.

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

venicia777

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland