Shoujo - Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Reimei no Arcana
By: TOMA Rei
Genre: Fantasy, Historical, Romance
Serialized In: Cheese!
Mangaupdates

"On that day, I became the enemy's possesion," Nakaba thought as she stood there, knowing her destiny was to be married for convenience to keep the peace between her country Senan and Prince Caesar's country, Belquat; two neighbor countries on an island.

Between the two countries, there has been a constant war for 200 years and Nakaba has become a sacrificial goat for her country despite the discrimination of her red hair and of the sub-person (half-human, half-animal) Loki, who is her only friend and attendant at Caesar's estranged palace.

But what will Nakaba do when she foresees an event pertaining to Prince Caesar's demise? Will she save him? Or let him die in return to all the hate directed towards her by the people of Belquat?

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED][Shoujo] Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

There's not that many chapters right now, but it's still great read. Both likeable, and perhaps in your opinion, hate-able characters get noticeable character development as the plot transitions from problems with a new life to bigger issues on a global scale. The artwork is amazing and there's actually plot there to back it up, I definitely encourage picking this manga up.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I just read this the other day. It looks promising.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I really liked the development of Cain over the last few chapters. Toma made him to easy to sympathize with to be a villain, but to villainous to sympathize with. I'm curious what will happen to Caeser, Nakaba, and crew now that they are rebels. Considering that Caeser is now heir to the throne, it should be pretty interesting.

Elleian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Looks great i love your featured picks Kaiten!

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Shoujo] Reimei no Arcana by TOMA Rei

Reading it up to volume 2 tonight, gonna continue the rest tomorrow.
So far, I like the artwork. Pretty good, though somehow not very special to me. The plot until chapter 7 is still a bit slow, though Caesar and Nakaba had lots of cute and fun moments which I enjoyed. <3 I wish to see more complicated issues, which I believe I'll see soon in future chapters. I'll see through this series since it seems like it has quite the chance to be awesome. ^^

edit: Read it up to chapter 23 this morning. Aww, I'm sold on Caesar and Nakaba's cuteness. Lonely persons finding happiness from each other is just sweet. I'm sad for the other characters as well; living in a castle as a royal never sounds great for anyone. Cain and Louise met such a cruel fate.

I wonder what will happen from now on, at Senan. Can't wait for next chapter! ^__^

Last edited:

Lovechan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

The first 2 volumes were interesting, then this manga started to get really boring for me. I feel that the story is not advancing at all. The only thing that it has is the pretty art and lack of Backgrounds.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

The first 2 volumes were interesting, then this manga started to get really boring for me. I feel that the story is not advancing at all. The only thing that it has is the pretty art and lack of Backgrounds.
It moves, but very slow, IMO. We have seen one destination: for Caesar to become the next king, especially after Cain died. But he and the group took a turn around because all the mess they created. It's actually simple, but complicated at the same time. XD I hope to see something different in the upcoming chapters: more about the arcana, more about the problems and issues. A little dose of romance for every chapter is appreciated as well. XD

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

It moves, but very slow, IMO. We have seen one destination: for Caesar to become the next king, especially after Cain died. But he and the group took a turn around because all the mess they created. It's actually simple, but complicated at the same time. XD I hope to see something different in the upcoming chapters: more about the arcana, more about the problems and issues. A little dose of romance for every chapter is appreciated as well. XD
And a little dose of jealousy. XD

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

And a little dose of jealousy. XD
The jealousy is actually there, right? From Caesar towards Loki. Though it is not the same feeling from Loki towards Caesar. :lmao I wonder if both will get another love rivals in the upcoming chapter. :3

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

The jealousy is actually there, right? From Caesar towards Loki. Though it is not the same feeling from Loki towards Caesar. :lmao I wonder if both will get another love rivals in the upcoming chapter. :3
Well yeah. But what I mean by little jealousy is Loki being more aggressive. :XD

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Aggressive, huh.
What Loki has is not really love, though I'm sure at certain point love would be brought between them. Loki seems to be full of respect to Nakaba because he respected her mother and what happened to them before. As if he is too obsessed in protecting Nakaba from Caesar, protecting Nakaba from her own arcana, and trying to gather the power of sub-people and overthrow humans or something of the likes.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Aggressive, huh.
What Loki has is not really love, though I'm sure at certain point love would be brought between them. Loki seems to be full of respect to Nakaba because he respected her mother and what happened to them before. As if he is too obsessed in protecting Nakaba from Caesar, protecting Nakaba from her own arcana, and trying to gather the power of sub-people and overthrow humans or something of the likes.
I know, I know. It's just that no matter how I will pity the secondary male character later, I still feel something lacks in a love story if there's no obvious triangle love. *shrug* But to be honest, I already like it that Caesar and Nakaba love each other.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I think I'm finally used to Nakaba with short hair :hee

Love triangles are always tricky when the primary couple is married before the series starts. It sucks some of the fun out of rival characters, there's just not enough tension. A Kurumi type character would be epic though, though I don't know if Loki would make a good male rival.

Aggressive, huh.
Loko has had Nakaba to himself so long he doesn't know how to let go now that she found someone who loves and respects her. Especially someone he doesn't particularly like Caesar. He seems like a parent or guardian that does not know how to let go once his child has grown up and moved out. It's like he is scared he will lose his family if he loses a little bit of her attention.

I actually liked the Cain arc. I thought his sense of loneliness as the eyesore blond heir was sad. So was his resentment to little Caesar. That sense of being rejected by everyone from his father to fiance brought a little gravitas to his death. That's what I like about this series: the human element it brings to political drama. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in Senan, particularly now that the heir to the throne has found them. I would also like to see more of Lithuanel, especially the prince from volume 3.

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

The only thing I didn't like about Nakaba's short hair is that now they all look like boys. -_-; I love long hairs just too much. XD But it was a great change. It left a good impression that Nakaba did not feel ashamed of herself being unique or even being considered as 'low-level human' because of the hair color.

You know, thinking about the characters, everyone show the hint of loneliness despite being someone who has a title or wealth. That's the theme I always found in the characters: Nakaba, Loki, Caesar, Cain, and so on. They would do anything to get rid of the loneliness and get attention and acknowledgement, especially from those they resent. That is what happened with Cain, and twisted with the feelings of love and happiness a bit, he hesitated.

I think Cain died a bit too fast, lol. It would be great if we could see him changed or make a change to the world. :p

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Two new chapters of Reimei no Arcana (chapter 24 and 25) are out. Have you checked them?

New complications, huh. So they are now being told to go to Lithuanel for the Letina weapons. That is an interesting turn. I wonder what Caesar would do, especially with all that promise to make a true peace. Poor Rito to be used like that, though. Loki is getting really suspicious nowadays; especially with his plan to remove the slavery of animal-like humans. He has this dark aura around him; I don't like it. >__<

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

This thread is very silent nowadays...

Anyway, I've read those chapters quite a long time ago.. so I don't really remember but I do remember that the story is getting more interesting. However, I have this bad feeling that someone is going to suffer very much. No one is what they seem to be.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

...Unless Nakaba? I agree that no one can be trusted, though. Maybe it's a bit different for Nakaba since she herself didn't yet know the limitations of her time arcana. Loki is obviously suspicious, and all the leaders of the country. They love to play around with the weaklings below them and torture them, like in case of Lisa. Poor them. >_<

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Well... that's politics. It's what they call "a game of thrones". :XD A political plot story is fascinating not without reason. It's a tangled web of power so even though it looks simple at first, in truth, so many hidden agendas are woven into it. By now, I can't say which of the kings is the good one. I hope Nakaba and Caesar will see through them better than I am.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Argh~ I'm boiling with desperation... What will happen to them now??!! :bored

I don't want them to be separated... and that last words Nakaba said about what will happen to him made me shudder!!
No, don't leave, Caesar... Nakaba needs you by her side... :scry

At least, Caesar is really a good man. I thought he will just leave without words (like the typical "noble" heroes/heroines -_-;) but he tells her that he wants to go. Oh, I'm actually hoping something will happen to them on the bed. :hurr But, but... :crying

I want to flip the table! (ノ`Δ´)ノ彡┻━┻

Oh, and the extra story.. LOL~ How typical of high school shoujo manga, Caesar is the student council president whose father has crushed Nakaba's father's firm but he's in love with her... And why Loki still retains his ears in this "normal" world? o_O But Vernas and his sister... LOL~ How understanding of them... :fan