Discussion Relationship/Pairings/Shipping Thread

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Well, why anyone would root for no romance at all is beyond me. It's like saying your favorite color is "clear". Too each there own though, I don't judge.

As for Nezuko X Zenitsu I think you could totally build a good ship out of that. Not sure we're there yet but we could get there. Needs to be built on Nezuko's side and deepened on Zenitsu's side but very doable. Could even be good.

That's all your really saying when you buy into a ship. That you'd like to explore that particular plot branch.
For me bc romantic love gets so much publicity. This series for instance focus on family bonds, a much more potent yet less celebrated form of love in televised media.

So generally while I like to scroll through shipping fanarts I very much prefer it to stay out of the actual series. Although even if included with a good author there isn't a story choice I hate. I don't even mind shallow ships like last chapter x and x are married, which is very likely with the theme "family", you know if they are alive by the end of the series

There are a lot of good ZenNezu and zenitsu is a quality person

Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I don't really who gonna be alive by the end of this so it's hard to make a list of ships knowing there a still a couple of deaths waiting to happen. I mean people here thinking Giyuu is Immune to death and has plot armor thinking he'll survive. If Kocho were still alive then that would 100% be among the funniest ship out of all of them. But anyways I guess if we're talking ships then the most noticeable are

Tanjiro x Kanao

Zenitsu x Nezuko

Mitsuri x Obanai

Giyuu x Kocho

I mean there aren't really many ships in this series and the last two I put based on what I saw people shipping. I think Giyuu and Nezuko are goiing to die in this arc so that would kinda negate 2 ships already. I kinda hope to god that obanai kinda dies (since I really hate him) and Mitsuri gets a better boyfriend. But when looking at it now theres only one true ship and its Kanao x Tanjiro

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Well, I don't really who gonna be alive by the end of this so it's hard to make a list of ships knowing there a still a couple of deaths waiting to happen. I mean people here thinking Giyuu is Immune to death and has plot armor thinking he'll survive. If Kocho were still alive then that would 100% be among the funniest ship out of all of them. But anyways I guess if we're talking ships then the most noticeable are

Tanjiro x Kanao

Zenitsu x Nezuko

Mitsuri x Obanai

Giyuu x Kocho

I mean there aren't really many ships in this series and the last two I put based on what I saw people shipping. I think Giyuu and Nezuko are goiing to die in this arc so that would kinda negate 2 ships already. I kinda hope to god that obanai kinda dies (since I really hate him) and Mitsuri gets a better boyfriend. But when looking at it now theres only one true ship and its Kanao x Tanjiro
Giyu is single at this point now that Shinobu dead though. He end single for sure. The fact concidentally he barely interact and meaningful conversation with any females in this series except a small pep talk with Shinobu shows he won t end with anyone. This is if survive in the final battle against Muzan.

I don t think Nezuko x Zenitsu will happen no point debating we will just see what happen.

Agree on Tanjiro x Kanao thats like the most blatant ship this whole manga.

As for who survive to the end. I am not sure hard to say considering creator have kill a lot of named characters in the series.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I hope Inosuke ends up with Kanzaki...

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Arjuna777

You and I talked a lot remember?

Just check my MAL link below my signature
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

As this may turn to be offtopic let us return to the topic,

I hope Inosuke ends up with Kanzaki.
Oh I see Now remember I thought you are someonelse with same username 😄

That what I think about zen x Nezu. People are entitled to their own opinion

Lol you ship Inosuke x Kanzaki😄

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Oh I see Now remember I thought you are someonelse with same username 😄

That what I think about zen x Nezu. People are entitled to their opinion

Lol you ship Inosuke x Kanzaki😄
I mean that is the only possible ship for Inosuke.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I mean that is the only possible ship for Inosuke.
Yeah But Inosuke,Giyu,Sanemi and Himejima are the most non shipable character in the series at this point. Their personality and female candidates are zero. Their completely disinterest with romance. I think all this guy will end single if they survive.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Giyu is single at this point now that Shinobu dead though. He end single for sure. The fact concidentally he barely interact and meaningful conversation with any females in this series except a small pep talk with Shinobu shows he won t end with anyone. This is if survive in the final battle against Muzan.

I don t think Nezuko x Zenitsu will happen no point debating we will just see what happen.

Agree on Tanjiro x Kanao thats like the most blatant ship this whole manga.

As for who survive to the end. I am not sure hard to say considering creator have kill a lot of named characters in the series.
Well, I was mostly talking about Giyuu in the past. Before Tanjiro and Kanao were really getting shipped. Kocho and Giyuu were a hilarious ship. If Giyuu does die in this arc then I kinda hope he can spend the rest of his days with her in Heaven. As for Nezuko death, well I thinking to myself that if Nezuko were to be turned back into a human then Muzan plan would be foiled. I was thinking Nezuko died as some sort of sacrifice to defeat Muzan. But then again I could just be wrong, I mean if the story were to continue after this(which will most likely not) then I wouldn't mind seeing a Nezuko Demon Slayer

HMMMMMM A moon breathing Nezuko demon slayer, that actually sounds really cool tbh(too bad it'll never happen)

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Well, I was mostly talking about Giyuu in the past. Before Tanjiro and Kanao were really getting shipped. Kocho and Giyuu were a hilarious ship. If Giyuu does die in this arc then I kinda hope he can spend the rest of his days with her in Heaven. As for Nezuko death, well I thinking to myself that if Nezuko were to be turned back into a human then Muzan plan would be foiled. I was thinking Nezuko died as some sort of sacrifice to defeat Muzan. But then again I could just be wrong, I mean if the story were to continue after this(which will most likely not) then I wouldn't mind seeing a Nezuko Demon Slayer

HMMMMMM A moon breathing Nezuko demon slayer, that actually sounds really cool tbh(too bad it'll never happen)
I see your point. Moon breathing you mean koku breath style? Kinda hoping Giyu Tomioka learn that breathing style though.i too be honest only ship Tanjiro x Kanao. The rest well we just wait and see.

KagamiSamiru

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Romania
OK, I just have to ask it now. Why do people ship Giyuu and Shinobu ????? I watched the anime and read the manga but I couldn't find any sign that they are interested in each other. They only had a few scenes together. Giyuu x Tanjiro and Douma x Shinobu has more point if you ask me. But I just got to know what is the reason behind that ship and why is it so popular. I tried to google it up but find no results. Maybe I don't get something or I'm stupid also I don't like the ship or Shinobu but I try to understand people who ship them. So if anyone knows the answer, please tell me!

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
OK, I just have to ask it now. Why do people ship Giyuu and Shinobu ????? I watched the anime and read the manga but I couldn't find any sign that they are interested in each other. They only had a few scenes together. Giyuu x Tanjiro and Douma x Shinobu has more point if you ask me. But I just got to know what is the reason behind that ship and why is it so popular. I tried to google it up but find no results. Maybe I don't get something or I'm stupid also I don't like the ship or Shinobu but I try to understand people who ship them. So if anyone knows the answer, please tell me!
Well tbh in anime and manga, those people never really need to be attracted to each other to make it a ship. A ship is just what the fans see as a great couple, it doesn't mean it gonna happen they just like how they look together. The reason I think people ship them is that people think deep down Shinobu actually has a soft spot for Giyuu which is why she keeps bullying him. In reality, they're more like a Naruto and sakura ship. They're more of a comedy act then they are a ship tbh. And also you should never really try to read into fanship, cause their all over the place, this one isn't even the worst. KanaeXSanemi is also a thing you know? If you watched other series like MHA, BakugouXToga is also among the most popular ships. So like I said, people will look at anything to make a couple between 2 people.

KagamiSamiru

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well tbh in anime and manga, those people never really need to be attracted to each other to make it a ship. A ship is just what the fans see as a great couple, it doesn't mean it gonna happen they just like how they look together. The reason I think people ship them is that people think deep down Shinobu actually has a soft spot for Giyuu which is why she keeps bullying him. In reality, they're more like a Naruto and sakura ship. They're more of a comedy act then they are a ship tbh. And also you should never really try to read into fanship, cause their all over the place, this one isn't even the worst. KanaeXSanemi is also a thing you know? If you watched other series like MHA, BakugouXToga is also among the most popular ships. So like I said, people will look at anything to make a couple between 2 people.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Thank you for taking your time to answer me.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
All I would add to that are that pairings and ships really aren't much more that what people see as "potentially" good. So it's not saying that the ship exists or even will exist. Just that fans like the idea of it.

Like I enjoyed the idea of Shinobu and Tanjiro. Did I think that was a thing? Not really. Did I think it would become a thing? Again, not really. But I was on the ship because I would have liked it to become a thing.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I wonder why gotouge ship hint Tanjiro x Kanao but hardly make him interact with her

We know Tanjiro x Nezuko is impossible

But this contrast is so weird

I question sometimes why I love this ship so much I wish they interact more

Like i know its not romance focus. But Gotouge could at least make Tanjiro interact Kanao same level as Tanjiro and Genya level of interaction.

If creator didn t ship hint this I would definetly don t think its possible.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

unless Gotouge do Naruto last movie on Tanjiro x Kanao. Its make little sense it gonna happen If I look at on objective point of view