• Poll closed .

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who would win?

Renji + Gin vs Tachibana + Akutsu

I think it would come down to whether or not Renji could predict Tachibana and Akutsu. I think Akutsu and Tachibana squeak out a win on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This would be an awesome match no doubt.

I'd have to go with Renji and Gin, due to the fact they are both great at doubles and would most likely play together. Akutsu on the other hand would probably not play together well with Tachibana, despite Tachibana being a good team player. Akutsu isn't.

I'd say Renji and Gin would win 7-5

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thats a hard one. The factor would be Akutsu I spose, whether he cooperates. Tachibana is still relatively hidden for me, so is Akutsu. but since I think teamplay is important in doubles, gin and renji for me.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to go with Renji and Gin. I can't see Akutsu being too helpful in doubles, and he has yet to prove that he can play with players of those caliber. He obviously has the potential, but we've yet to see it.

Even then, Renji and Gin are both great team players. Although Tachibana is better than either of them, they would probably work better as a team.

SumeragiKai

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I picked Tachibana and Akutsu due to the fact they've got the X-factor, Akutsu may not want to co-operate but Tachibana could just adapt to Akutsu's game.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Although Tachibana is better than either of them.
I don't know about Tachibana being better than Renji. Gin? yeah. Renji? I'm not so sure.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think you are understimating Gin. I voted Gin + Renji, mostly because of Gin (you know I'm not a Renji fan). The actual level of Akutsu is unknown, but even progressing a lot, I can not see how Tachibana and him could counter a bunch of Lvl.50 Hadokyyus. Renji's task would be to create conditions to favor the Hadokyyus.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kintarou has the Mountain Storm which is stronger than Gin's 108th Hadoukyuu. Are you saying Tachibana would not be able to return shots by Kintarou? He most certainly would. It is the beast we are talking about here.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fayte we don't really know that..the only 2 who have returned AOMS are Yuki and Ryoma..broken and mr. even more broken.

That said Renji...ultimately their lack of coordination will be there undoing.

i say a 7-5 as well.

It's funny..i use Tachibana and Akutsu in FTST and Smash hit 2 and have utterly destroyed people with that combo.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I forgot about how much Akutsu hates other people. However, he might actually be an okay team player if he really wanted to be. Given the opponents/teammate level he may respect them all enough to play hard and with his team.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Skill wise, I say renji-gin win easily.

Manga wise though, I say Tachibana+Akutsu.

It would go like this:

Renji and Gin are winning easily, because Akutsu refuses to work with Tachibana.

Akutsu: ...Hey. You better not get in my way.

Tachibana: You mean...!?

Akutsu: Yes. Let's play like a team.

*superpower of super teamwork makes them win*

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
That would be retarded though...Renji's too smart for that...

He shitraped the Andy Murray of Tenipuri

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I simply can not see how could Akutsu be playing doubles.Too much ego, just like Ryoma. And I think the same for Tachibana, he is the star of his team, and usually the stars don´t play doubles: Tezuka/Ryoma, Yukimira, Atobe, Shiraishi...
Gin has played doubles several times, and Renji seems to be master of it: champion with Inui when they were young and played Doubles in 2 SFs and National Final

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I simply can not see how could Akutsu be playing doubles.Too much ego, just like Ryoma. And I think the same for Tachibana, he is the star of his team, and usually the stars don´t play doubles: Tezuka/Ryoma, Yukimira, Atobe, Shiraishi...
Gin has played doubles several times, and Renji seems to be master of it: champion with Inui when they were young and played Doubles in 2 SFs and National Final
Sanada was essentially the star of Rikkaidai until Yukiumura returned, and he played doubles. Akazawa and Saeki are other examples of 'star players' for their schools who played doubles.

I don't really think Tachibana would have any trouble in doubles, he's a pretty selfless player who always puts his team first. He might not be an Oishi/Minami level genius at doubles, but I think he could at least be a player who did well in doubles.