Voting Round 2 - Rindou Kobayashi vs. Tsuyu Asui | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Rindou Kobayashi vs. Tsuyu Asui

Who wins?

• Rindou Kobayashi

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Tsuyu Asui

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Just passing by to vote for the correct girl kero

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Most 1st year SnS characters are 15-16 years old. Rindou was at the end of her 3rd year, so she’s either 17 or 18 years old at the time of when she was introduced. :nerd
Saved :nunogasm

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rindo all the way at least I will get gourmet meal all the time.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm voting for Tsuyu here, one of the best female characters in BNHA :^_^

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is difficult. Last year I didn't think Rindou was waifu material so I was waiting for the campaign to see how much changed and if I would change my opinion. But from the first post about her I see nothing has. She's still coming off as a great party girl bff that you high five at the end of a fun day then go home to cuddle your real waifu.

Oh yes how could I have almost forgotten.......
Nothing like tricking a defenseless little crocodile into thinking you were taking him back home, when really you intended to make sport of him before slaughtering him in front of an audience. Look at his little face, that big smile. Probably thought he was surprising his mama:crying

Now I'm not saying she's a sociopath, but most serial killers start out by preying on animals......:nah

On the other hand I really don't like frogs. At all. I'm trying to look beyond it but it's hard since the frog "cuteness" seems to make up a large part of the Tsuyu campaign. So ultimately this is still a tough one-_-;
Ah, keeping with the tradition of campaigns not changing with the crocodile argument I see :kappa This is what the waifu wars has missed this year, something that genuinely gets the salt flowing :3c I will point out though that I haven't gone straight to needing to post images (lewd and non-lewd) so that's progress right Bel-chan?

Ultimately, if you feel that that's how Rindou is and nothing in that line of having fun etc. is not waifu material in the slightest then I'm not going to dump 10 paragraphs (yet :kappa) about how you should change your mind. Waifus aren't just something from a cookie cutter, they're versatile and different, with aspects that appeal to some more than others and that's always been the case with Rindou.

Yes, she has a more vivacious personality than others hence why you might compare her to some random person at a club, or someone who is just a friend, but you need to look past how she isn't another bland cookie-cutter waifu. She's got the caring and dedicated side as shown by her sticking by Eishi's side in SnS, putting her own dreams of being #1 chef aside so she could help her friend succeed and drive him to further improve his craft. That's dedication, to sacrifice things for someone you really care about, even some of your own ambitions. She ticks the boxes for someone who's dedicated, caring and someone you can live life to the fullest with so is she really not waifu material?

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Ah, keeping with the tradition of campaigns not changing with the crocodile argument I see :kappa This is what the waifu wars has missed this year, something that genuinely gets the salt flowing :3c I will point out though that I haven't gone straight to needing to post images (lewd and non-lewd) so that's progress right Bel-chan?

Ultimately, if you feel that that's how Rindou is and nothing in that line of having fun etc. is not waifu material in the slightest then I'm not going to dump 10 paragraphs (yet :kappa) about how you should change your mind. Waifus aren't just something from a cookie cutter, they're versatile and different, with aspects that appeal to some more than others and that's always been the case with Rindou.

Yes, she has a more vivacious personality than others hence why you might compare her to some random person at a club, or someone who is just a friend, but you need to look past how she isn't another bland cookie-cutter waifu. She's got the caring and dedicated side as shown by her sticking by Eishi's side in SnS, putting her own dreams of being #1 chef aside so she could help her friend succeed and drive him to further improve his craft. That's dedication, to sacrifice things for someone you really care about, even some of your own ambitions. She ticks the boxes for someone who's dedicated, caring and someone you can live life to the fullest with so is she really not waifu material?
I was just backing you up where you claimed she used animals as her rare ingredients. I'll never forget little crockkun. Never! She didn't have to make sport of him. She could have prepped before the competition if she wanted fresh ingredients :hmph

And why would you post lewds? They'll be the same ones we already saw last year no matter how much you edit them:catshrug

And there's nothing wrong with her "vivacious personality". In fact like I said, she'd be great to hang with. I just don't think she'd make a good waifu. But like you also said, everyone has a type. You like her and so do others. That's fine. But I personally see nothing special about her :heh

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
And why would you post lewds? They'll be the same ones we already saw last year no matter how much you edit them:catshrug

And there's nothing wrong with her "vivacious personality". In fact like I said, she'd be great to hang with. I just don't think she'd make a good waifu. But like you also said, everyone has a type. You like her and so do others. That's fine. But I personally see nothing special about her :heh

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I was just backing you up where you claimed she used animals as her rare ingredients. I'll never forget little crockkun. Never! She didn't have to make sport of him. She could have prepped before the competition if she wanted fresh ingredients :hmph

Ah, she didn't have to do so but she did and while you said it was "how serial killers start off", I'd remind you that the sort of thing can be common-place in Japan where food is prepared as fresh as possible like with Fugu for one example. Just another way of how a chef can show his/her expertise with what they are preparing from how they cut the meat, prepare it and so forth.

If I recall correctly, you did say it was an easy way to win votes last year :catshrug Also implying I'd only use the same stuff as last year is harsh, how dare you throw that one my way just because you got the character badge last year :twitch

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
She's got the caring and dedicated side as shown by her sticking by Eishi's side in SnS, putting her own dreams of being #1 chef aside so she could help her friend succeed and drive him to further improve his craft.
I feel like i've read this Line before...wait i did! Last year i believe. :yodawg

First of all and what keeps getting missed out, She arguably has any demerits from leaving the Post to him.
The Benefits granted to a First Seat and those granted to a 2nd Seat are almost equally grand and if we go by the Manga she was always at the same Events as Eishi and before we go and say "Yeah that proves that she sticks with him and cares etc." No it does not.
Going by Azami's Words she herself was there to cook and not to cheer for Eishi or anything at the time,she cooked herself.

Not sure but there are some People that are just selfless and give up their own Happiness for another,that doesn't mean they're in Love with them nor that they're some sort of a potential Wife that proves that they're really kind at heart and are potentially Best Friends for said others.

That's dedication, to sacrifice things for someone you really care about
That's called being selfless,at the time she made that "sacrifice" of which again,she hardly takes any demerits from she was in Junior High and by no means did she say that she loves Tsukasa or cares more for him more than other People,they're simply friends if i go by this Panel:
looks like a Friendship Speech to me,neither is blushing or complimenting the other they're simply saying they want to reach the Top together.
Which is something even Friends say to each other depending on their circumstances from time to time.:true
She ticks the boxes for someone who's dedicated, caring and someone you can live life to the fullest with so is she really not waifu material?
Dedicated? Hmm...Replace that with her being Selfless and we're getting somewhere here.
Caring? Hmm...but only for her Friends.
Someone you can live life to the fullest with? Oh yeah until you meet The One you actually wanna be with for the rest of your Life.

I'm sorry but i just can't help it,Rindou simply is more like the Girl you wanna hang with until you find the Real Deal for me.
I used to see it differently but now that's changed,gotta say things as they are for me.
Amen :victory

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
If I recall correctly, you did say it was an easy way to win votes last year :catshrug Also implying I'd only use the same stuff as last year is harsh, how dare you throw that one my way just because you got the character badge last year :twitch
Yes in response to the way that you shamelessly exploited it.

"Vote Rindou!!" *posts 50 lewds* "she's fun and she can cook!!"

That was basically your entire campaign. I was simply pointing out facts :heh

But anyway, I was looking for something new about her this year and got nothing so far. Has she not developed in the past year at all? One of your excuses last time was that she was a newish character so you didn't have much material to work with. So months later and one chapter a week for about 45-50 weeks give or take, and still nothing?? :fan

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
But anyway, I was looking for something new about her this year and got nothing so far. Has she not developed in the past year at all? One of your excuses last time was that she was a newish character so you didn't have much material to work with. So months later and one chapter a week for about 45-50 weeks give or take, and still nothing?? :fan
Yeah there hasn't been much change with her,infact she is now most likely taking a complete backseat in the Manga since she graduated since last years Wars and now travels the World apparently with Eishi where she was last seen...catching Fish.:XD But at least they're having fun while at it right? :heh
She is less likely to make a relevant appearance again at the moment.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I feel like i've read this Line before...wait i did! Last year i believe. :yodawg

First of all and what keeps getting missed out, She arguably has any demerits from leaving the Post to him.
The Benefits granted to a First Seat and those granted to a 2nd Seat are almost equally grand and if we go by the Manga she was always at the same Events as Eishi and before we go and say "Yeah that proves that she sticks with him and cares etc." No it does not.
Going by Azami's Words she herself was there to cook and not to cheer for Eishi or anything at the time,she cooked herself.

Not sure but there are some People that are just selfless and give up their own Happiness for another,that doesn't mean they're in Love with them nor that they're some sort of a potential Wife that proves that they're really kind at heart and are potentially Best Friends for said others.

Oh, it's you.

Here once again to undermine the campaign like you did last year when you switched sides to Mikasa! But I won't let this be the end of things, for I have things that need to be said!

As you know, the benefits of being an elite are great with the funding you get to pursue your ideal type of cooking, with it being greater the higher up you are. Arguing that there aren't many demerits isn't a given as we don't know how big the gap is between first and second, or even nine and ten when it comes to the amount of funding. It could actually be a huge difference that could mean you can go somewhere in the world to practice and learn more about a certain part of cooking so it's best not to completely undermine that.

That's called being selfless,at the time she made that "sacrifice" of which again,she hardly takes any demerits from she was in Junior High and by no means did she say that she loves Tsukasa or cares more for him more than other People,they're simply friends if i go by this Panel:
looks like a Friendship Speech to me,neither is blushing or complimenting the other they're simply saying they want to reach the Top together.
Which is something even Friends say to each other depending on their circumstances from time to time.:true
"sHe DiDn'T bLuSh Or SaY sHe LoVeS hIm So ThEy'Re JuSt FrIeNds!1!" Oh what an observation on two young kids in Junior High School. Yes, it's not particularly romantic but it doesn't have to be. What it shows is that from a younger age, she's been caring of those friends around her and would put herself behind them so she can see and help them succeed. That act of selflessness doesn't need to be romantic to show that good side of her, does it?

Dedicated? Hmm...Replace that with her being Selfless and we're getting somewhere here.
Caring? Hmm...but only for her Friends.
Someone you can live life to the fullest with? Oh yeah until you meet The One you actually wanna be with for the rest of your Life.

I'm sorry but i just can't help it,Rindou simply is more like the Girl you wanna hang with until you find the Real Deal for me.
I used to see it differently but now that's changed,gotta say things as they are for me.
So say Rindou is your wife, and then you find this magnificent "the one", you'd leave her for the other? That says a lot

Feel free to be picky over what you believe, but you can't deny she is dedicated at the very least to her craft of cooking so dedication is there in her character. Dedicated, Selfless, Caring, Someone you can live life to the fullest is again subjective to what you look for in someone, plus being idealistic about "someone better" coming along is also nonsense, after all no one is perfect and I'm sure you know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.