Robotic Red's Commentary (Naruto 341) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Robotic Red's Commentary (Naruto 341)

Robotic Red

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Heh, last commentary turned out to be pretty good. Think I'll make it a weekly thing, college permitting. A bit busy this week, so no pics. Maybe not ever; I'm going to go for a literal commentary approach, commenting on each page.

Anyhow, it's an early release of the RAW/Edited Manga, so off we go!

Naruto 341: "Kakuzu Transforms...!!"

Cover

Huh. The MQ scan I downloaded didn't have the cover art...oh well.

Still, WOW. Awesome. Nice coloring job by Kishimoto...I mean, wow. Sasuke is the God of Lightning (Raikami) and Naruto is the God of Wind (Fukami). And we finally have Sasuke's official colors; nice change of pace from Orochimaru's colors. They're more fitting...and more of a contrast to Naruto.

Thumbs up!

Page 1

We see Naruto going off into battle once more, with Kakashi offering him support. Let's see if Naruto truly has improved.

But wait! Kakuzu is belching out his bloody strings/dark tentacle thingies and growing...a transformation! As if it wasn't enough with before. Does every single member of Akatsuki have a "Final Form" a la every final boss in RPG history? Sasori had his puppet body, Hidan has his Grim Reaper form, Uchiha Itachi has Mangekyou Sharingan (not much, but work with me)...would Zetsu and Kisame be in their Final Form already? Because if not, they have one scary transformation ahead.

Anyway, turning the page...

Page 2-3

Holy crap! How much of that gunk is in his body?!

Well, Kakuzu's hitai-ate is gone, and we can see that he actually has hair. I THINK it's hair. You just can't tell with these freaks. I mean, people thought Kakuzu's Final Form debuted two or so chapters ago...would this be his Final Final Form? It certainly LOOKS long-distance...long reach. But is his whole body hollow now that it's all 'out'? Or is he just replicating it with his chakra?

Ino and Chouji express disgust; so would I. I mean, look at him!

But Naruto's going for Kage Bunshin again...!

Page 4

The three Narutos charging up again. I have to say, considering that Kakuzu is an S-Class Nukenin who's fought the Shodai Hokage, why didn't he strike before they finished charging? But in the bottom, we see one Naruto charging...

Page 5

Ah, maybe that's why. The first Naruto's only just now jumping over the remnants of Yamato's extendable arm of doom, and the Futon: Rasen Shuriken is already done! Guess Naruto's charging's gotten better with practice; I wonder, with his mastery of this technique, can he utilize Rasengan with only one hand now? The regular kind?

Ech, looking at Kakuzu from the top view, he looks like a six-tailed demon with spider webs between each 'tail'. Interesting fodder for those who theorize that each Akatsuki member may correspond with a particular Biju...

Page 6

Well Chouji, of COURSE he jumped. :P

Anywho, it seems Kakuzu's super-long streams of ickiness can serve as tethers that he can use to increase his stride at will, judging from how he seemed to vault himself into the air in the lower right panel. He completely ignores the other three clones and heads for the original Naruto with the windy shuriken of doom.

Time for a clash...!

Page 7

Yes Ino, we know you thought that. (rolling of the eyes) Why not say something more constructive, like, "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE NARUTO!" Or, if you don't want to be constructive at all, just do a generic "OMGWTFBBQ?!" scream.

But the lines of slime (rhyme!) reach down and strike at Naruto! Ah, beaten already...

Page 8

...or not! The one with the Rasen Shuriken was a clone!

Bad Kakuzu. You've been duped!

Nice to see Naruto thinking strategically with his clones. Distraction is a key purpose, and that Rasen Shuriken is one HECK of a distraction. Seeing Naruto and his two clones come behind Kakuzu in the bottom panel is probably gonna be a favorite for colorists. Though, seeing Kakuzu's face seemingly detached from the rest of his body reminds me of Elder Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho, who could move all of the organs in his body around and could morph his very being.

Either way, I wager that Kakuzu eventually ends in some form of tentacle ****** (I mean, look at him). I dare you to prove me wrong.

Page 9

Ah! Oh. Ooh. Aie!

Looks of shock from all four Konoha-nin! And Naruto's looking fierce as ever...wonder if we'll ever get an explanation for those Kyuubi eyes of his? There's gotta be a purpose...maybe Kyuubi's letting his chakra through, piece-meal, without Naruto's knowledge? Would explain how he could form three Futon: Rasen Shuriken even after splitting his chakra up with Kage Bunshin.

And now...!

Page 10-11

STAB!

Kakuzu gets pierced through the back and with the super move of doom!

Seeing the two clones 'floating' there reminds me of the episode where Sasuke fought Yoroi way back in Part I; after kicking Yoroi up into the air, and Sasuke uses Kagebuyo, they FLOAT there for over two minutes. In midair. Complete with character thoughts and dialogue! And when you see Sasuke and Yoroi from a bird's-eye perspective, you seem them going over the preliminary arena REALLY quickly, though in reality they've barely moved.

Just a thought.

Page 12-13

Wow.

So there's the full effect.

The initial impact sent Kakuzu flying forward like a rocket, even beyond Kakashi and Co. Then the wind from the Rasen Shuriken expanded as the orb in the middle dissipated...the winds expanded in a spherical form. And this is WHILE it's still in Kakuzu's back!

Imagine a spherical maelstrom of razor-sharp wind erupting from your back, EXPANDING, and then growing so large that it gets you from the outside as well.

Yeah...that's Futon: Rasen Shuriken for you.

Well. A-Rank or S-Rank ninjutsu?

Page 14

Well, the mere eruption of the Rasen Shuriken has resulted in a shockwave. A pretty large one. Wonder if Sasuke could survive that?

Page 15

Ah, now we see the final impact.

The Rasen Shuriken erupts and explodes from within Kakuzu, expelling windy blade upon windy blade from his body. It'll be nice to see this scene once Shippuden gets here.

But DANG. It's like Kakuzu got disintigrated in that bottom panel. O_o

Page 16

Hey...this scene looks familiar. :P

According to Kakashi, Rasen Shuriken is indeed a multi-hit jutsu. So many that his Sharingan couldn't keep up. So that means the number of hits went to a realm of numbers beyond Kakashi's ability to count, or they occurred so quickly that they all seemed as one to the naked eye. The latter seems more likely.

What a jutsu indeed.

Page 17

And Kakuzu falls.

Be proud Naruto. I think this is actually the first time in a while that a battle against a superior foe ended with one, conclusive blow. Last I can recall is from way, way back in Part 1 with Gaara (final punch to the face) or Neji (VIPER UPPERCUT!!! :O ). I'm tempted to say Kabuto after a Rasengan to the gut, but that doesn't count, since Kabuto managed to heal himself (to his own detriment, but alas), and because he still...well, lived.

Perhaps this might sate the complainers. A one-hit KO!

And the caption in the bottom says "Everyone, their fight with 'Akatsuki' over, returns home!" So I guess that means Kakuzu (at the very least) and Hidan are done for. Huh. Guess we won't get to know about Kakuzu's weird power or Hidan's curse...it's more likely that we'll find out about Hidan (since his head is still, against all reason, alive), but Kakuzu remains a mystery.

Then again, we never found out why Kidomarou had four extra arms, so I guess that's fair.

Rating: 3.5/5

Yeah, a bit less of a rating than last week. Although I liked how the battle concluded, I can't help but feel that Kakuzu and Hidan were done away with before their full purpose could be served. Though, Zetsu will inevitably show up to get their rings (and maybe eat Kakuzu...and Hidan, perhaps), so who knows, I could be wrong.

On a side note, going back and reading the Part II chapters together makes them seem better than when we have to wait a whole week to get them. Try it out.

And I still maintain that Kakuzu will be NARUTO's tentacle ****** posterboy. I mean, LOOK AT THOSE SQUIGGLY THINGS. Worms, tentacles...all women flee from his very presence!

Except Anko. She might be into that sort of thing. I can't tell with her. (shivers involuntarily and walks away)

EDIT: Cover commentary added.

kiddo7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Please register to see the content of this post.

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States

BigCamaro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Athena

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Robotic Red

Reaction score
Country
United States

Muk

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Lillim

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland

MadDog

Reaction score
Country
United States

Saifi

Reaction score
Country
United States

Raseru

Reaction score
Country
Australia