Rocky 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rocky 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

conan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
ok guys here is the trailer for the new rocky movie its coming in christmas, so what do you guys think about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttxKIA_AxU

I am quite thrilled about this, I love the rocky movies and seeing one in the theatres is quite tempting, so tell me what you guys think about this.

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: he's back the one and only ROCKY BALBOA in Rocky 6

i was under the impression this one was gunna be called rocky balboa, but im prolly wrong. still, whats he gunna do, overwhelm him with the sound of his bones and joints snapping as he walks?

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Can't watch Youtube atm, but ... a new Rocky? :blink

hm ... I like watching the old ones. I had a meeeega-big movie poster in my room during schooltime ("eye of the tiger", yay xD) ... but i think it's already overdone. So I'm not very exicted about it.

Venom65437

I've never liked Rocky.... so I won't be seeing this movie....

Fugitive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

I saw most of the Rocky movies in the 80s so I'm a fan. I saw the 5th movie with Tommy Gunn(?) a few years back. It sucked...

I wonder if this last movie is gonna be some kind of George Foreman come back movie. He'll put up a good fight against the current heavyweight champ, but lose. Who knows... I'll go see this movie... on DVD. Haha! Maybe in the theater.

conan

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

all you guys are putting me down, not even half a good reaction, sigh, well it cant be helped, I like the movies although the last wasnt as good as the others but I am hoping stalone would do a good job this time instead of just try to make money, movies these days have too many repeated ideas and lack the old charm they once had.
rabb said:
still, whats he gunna do, overwhelm him with the sound of his bones and joints snapping as he walks?
your not totally of the mark there, if you saw the trailer you see that its overcoming old age to fight again, I found the trailer quite thrilling but you never know, trailers are supposed to draw customers after all.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hey, Rocky is my series. I love Rocky Balboa. I'll see this film but im not gonna be expecting much.

lol, thanks for the quote rabb

conan

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

NeoShweaty said:
Hey, Rocky is my series. I love Rocky Balboa. I'll see this film but im not gonna be expecting much.

finally, at last some one who shares a tiny bit of my enthusiasm. well I am like you neo, I am a bit afraid they'll use the name rocky just to sell tickets and then get wawy with a cheap movie.

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Rocky Balboa--- i am waiting for it.

I love the movies especially the first and the fourth (apollo creed and dolph lundgren--eh).
I am especially waiting for this to do well at the theatres as well as be entertaining.

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

NeoShweaty said:
*bows* i live to serve. now put it in your sig! *really wants to be in some... anyone's sig*

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I like Rocky for the first three movies, but I'm afraid that Stallone is kinda pushing it too far by making ANOTHER movie. Now if it was Rambo I'd understand that because there'd be a lot of story to be told with that character, but Rocky? Eh...

But yeah, should be interesting anyways. If Arnold can continue making Terminator movies I guess Stallone should be allowed to keep making movies for his most memorable character.

Incidentally, if any of you want to see a good Stallone flick, I recommend Assassin. I think it's a pretty underrated movie, but I really liked it. Also stars Antonio Barberas (as the villain).

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Gold Knight said:
Incidentally, if any of you want to see a good Stallone flick, I recommend Assassin. I think it's a pretty underrated movie, but I really liked it. Also stars Antonio Barberas (as the villain).
Barberas? Related to Banderas?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

No, it's Banderas, obviously it was a misspelling on my part :p

conan

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

Gold Knight said:
Incidentally, if any of you want to see a good Stallone flick, I recommend Assassin. I think it's a pretty underrated movie, but I really liked it. Also stars Antonio Banderas (as the villain).
yeah it is underrated, its my sisters favourite movie, which ended in making me seeing it about 7 times already, but you still cant help but feel the thrill of the action when thos two start firing bullets at each other, its a really good movie that one.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

conan said:
yeah it is underrated, its my sisters favourite movie, which ended in making me seeing it about 7 times already, but you still cant help but feel the thrill of the action when thos two start firing bullets at each other, its a really good movie that one.
It's the only Stallone film I own. ^^ I watched it once at a hotel and I was so surprised, didn't expect to see a late movie that good. I wanted to talk about it but I didn't even know the name of the movie for a while because it just wasn't getting much publicity at all. I finally found out at a Blockbuster ^^

By the way I've heard Rocky 6 has a lot of mixed reviews :/ Neither bad but not that great either. Wonder how diehard Rocky fans will like it, though.

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Gold Knight said:
I like Rocky for the first three movies, but I'm afraid that Stallone is kinda pushing it too far by making ANOTHER movie. Now if it was Rambo I'd understand that because there'd be a lot of story to be told with that character, but Rocky? Eh...
Actually there's a Rambo IV in IMDB, scheduled for 2008^^"

But man, another Rocky, who are you kidding ? He's 60 years old ! I mean, Rambo, I can understand, he can be old and still have the need to go save the world and gun down whoever pisses him off, but getting into the ring and fight ? Seriously... :oh

On a side note, my favorite Stallone movie (well, that's not saying much, most of them are just incredibly bad) is Demolition Man^^ "You're gonna regret this the rest of your life... both seconds of it." Classic XD

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

well, for those that may not like this last installment-- it seemed to have grossed over 6 million dollars on wednesday. Really Unexpected- eh!!!

it seems more peole like it than we may think :loool. Now i have to go watch and not wait for the DVD :p Because a friend of mine who went to watch it says it is good- better than what he expected. Well, that was his opinion.

conan

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

found a new trailer, its rocky training in rocky 6, its not bad, and it answers a few questions about rocky being old, and how he is going to defeat the current world champion.
here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENb6RRT5rTw

enjoy.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

to my shock and amazement, this is getting good reviews: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rocky_balboa/

I mean, i was going to see it but now there is actually reviewer backing. Kudos to Stallone.

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Really cool...rocky and pirates of the caribbean are two movies I really want to see in 2007... cant wait =)

Status
Not open for further replies.