Shounen - Rosario+Vampire by Ikeda Akihisa | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Rosario+Vampire by Ikeda Akihisa

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosario+Vampire INFO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Rosario+Vampire ロザリオとバンパイア
Authored by : Ikeda Akihisa
Serialized in : Formerly Monthly Shounen Jump, soon Jump Square
Genre: Shonen, Comedy, School Life, Supernatural
Japanese Release: On-going 9 volumes
Edited Mangas: Ongoing 4 Vol ~(see further below)

Rosario+Vampire is a manga first published in the now defunct Monthly Shounen Jump, and one of the few to be carried over in the new monthly magazine Jump Square.

Summary (taken from manga-updates)

By a bizzare coincidence, Tsukune Aono has accidentally gotten himself admitted to a youkai acadamy, a school attended by monsters (youkai). Just when he thinks he'll run away from there, he meets the beautiful girl Moka and his mood turns ultra happy. However, she transforms into her true form when the rosary on her chest is taken off, she's a super vampire!

Edited Manga Groups :
Zombie Scans Chap 1-13

Downloads
Mangatraders
Lurk(IRC)

********************​

Anyway, this is the place where you can talk about anything on the poor Tsukune and his misadventures in Youkai gakuen, otherwise known as the Monster High School :nuts
- Will Tsukune survive his high school years?
- What are the true extents of Moka's powers?
- Just another plain harem comedy, or a rather refreshing one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raijatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Rosario+Vampire Discussion

I'm not so into Harem comedy but I like that one
It has also some nice action scenes sometimes and the comedy is on par with Mx0

And I like Moka ^^
to bad the Edited Mangas a so few because I think the story starts to get a bit more serious with volume 3 and it indicates some major story twists
Tsukune Might not be human himself and non sentient monsters in the human world

Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i really should give this further attention past the first chapter. monthly series online are hard to keep up with, so im hoping it gets licensed.

akumetsu0670

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

A very fun series. It's too bad that it hasn't been scanlated any further than chapter 13.

If anyone's interested I have vol.4-10 posted on megaupload.

Here's a link to the topic I started along with the downloads.
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=588273#post588273

All I need is a translator so If you can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Even though I can't read Japanese, I can say that the plot seems to really thicken from vol.5 and up.

matrice

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: [SQ] Rosario+Vampire Discussion

Tsukune will survive during the years somehow, I guess. Moka's powers seem to be pretty strong, far above the ones of normal vampires, plus her other coscence seems to have a lot of battle experience and is a bit cold blooded, but in a fight this is an advantage. It doesn't really seem to be the usual harem comedy, I would really like if we can get our hands on more scans, since the story seems to become more and more interesting (wel, our hopes are in your hands,Zombie scans -quite a good name, cinsidering the plot-).

Chrisqo

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm not exactly sure if this is kosher to post this, I didn't find anything that said I couldn't but I just started reading this yesterday and I got confirmation from ZS that they'd no longer be Editing it, so in response to the posters offer to scanlate, I'd be willing to donate to have it done, I'm hooked and don't want to stop reading just because Viz licensed it. They're going to absolutely demolish the series when they publish it. If they were bringing it over and leaving it intact, I wouldn't mind and I would buy it, but we all know they're going to chop it to pieces. So if you are interested, please PM or email me.

matrice

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Nooooo!!! And if you search in mangatraders you can see that there's even a "rosario + vampire season 2" (thought it's only the first chapter)... I mean, I don't know japaneese, but there're only FIVE volumes left, or even less (we have already two of the fifth)... And I mean, I am in Italy and all, how am I supposed to read it now? I mean, we were so close, damn Viz, they could have waited a bit more couldn't they? What a pain in the ass!!!

And it wasn't some cheap, half assed manga... I was really into it, it was pretty good, I mean... AAHHHHH!!!!

Last edited:

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States

For your typical "harem", Rosario+Vampire isn't too shabby. The last couple of volumes actually have peaked my interest. And I'm kind of curious as to what is going on with the main character Tsukune.

Something abnormal is happening to him. I am starting to wonder if Tsukune was really human to begin with, or only part human. Likewise, the "bus driver" keeps on getting more and more suspicious.

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany

The story really gets tensed in the later volumes

Due to the repeated vampirification through Moka's blood he became goul. He is doomed to become a soulles beserker sooner or later like Zero in Vampire knight

I hope we'll gat Edited Mangas of the second season chaptes too

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yes, I know. Tsukune does transform into a ghoul, but what is unusual is how he is able to handle Moka's blood so well for quite sometime. Tsukune was showing himself to be resistant, was able to transform without Moka's help, and Tsukune's body did not break down when Moka gave him yet another injection of blood although Moka believed it would be the most probable case.

Tsukune's regenerative powers are also unusual, even for an ayashi. Around chapter 15, Ruby was surprised at the speed of Tsukune's recovery despite the fact he wasn't releasing any youkai. I read a translation for chapter 24 (?) which states Tsukune's recovery from various injuries would have taken about a month, yet he recovers within a few days. Even for an ayashi, apparently Tsukune's powers such as his regenerative capabilities are a nigh unusual.

It isn't unusual for the main protagonist to have an unusual/interest lineage and/or to have something bizarre to occur to him. I really am wondering if there is more to Tsukune's transformations than what meets the eye. Future chapters may make things interesting, though it could end up as Zero in VK.

And I'd still like to know what is going on with the bus driver. He's been keeping an eye on Tsukune ever since Tsukune's first day and keeping tabs on him. He's weird, but cool. :D

Last edited:

Daedalus75204

Reaction score
Country
United States

Did anyone catch the 1st ep of the anime?

EXCELLENT!!! Very well done...great animation (although the ogre design was lame and overdone) and very faithful to the anime. I feel another winner here although I fear we'll get the Claymore model of half telling the story but who knows...set up is good for extending through fillers but a monthly manga is not enough to stop catch up from happening. Check out though so we can discuss!

Gr1mmy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan

You mean very faithful to the manga.

Btw, for that info page... it should be edited by now, Zombie Scans is pretty much dead.

I'm pretty glad that the manga isn't really as plotless as I thought it was. Sort of like Katekyo Hitman.

wolf_metal

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Spolier don'r read
tukse becomes a goul nad is taking over he body and being rescured by the witch Rubi and some stange dude

Last edited by a moderator:

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany

That strange dude is exactly the one who left the note about yokai academy Tsukune's father found.....
my my there muste be more behind tsukune than meets the eye since humans can't enter the academy unnoticed...

The anime is so great ^^ Although there are a bit to many panty shots of Moka.

Die enyone else notice Akashiya Moka
her last name is a pun of ayakashi XXD I know a lot of you noticed it from the beginning but I noticed it today

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine

I read this manga up-to-date today... GOD, I LOVE IT!

There is no way I can patiently wait for new releases... I really want chapters 25+... T___T

P.S> ~~*_____*~~

Gr1mmy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan

Frankyhouse is going pretty fast.

You'll probably get a new chapter soon ^_^

Ejlan

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

i like it and the anime first ep was very good to followed the manga story line quite good (started reading after i saw the first anime ep)

Obxist

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

i like it and the anime first ep was very good to followed the manga story line quite good (started reading after i saw the first anime ep)
oh really :blink though the anime is all about panty and boobs :3 :darn at first when i watch it... oh looking good... and a couple of minutes later... holy shit.. wtf is that... XD
i wanna see episode 2 XD i cant wait to see that hot bitch succubus LOL

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States

The first episode for the anime wasn't bad. It was pretty consistant with what occured in the manga. The bus driver looked cool and Aono's parents were hilarious. The animation was quite decent and the music wasn't shabby. Lastly, Moka = :thumbs