Doubles - Round 1 Block A - Miyako/Yanagi vs Oishi/Momoshiro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Doubles Round 1 Block A - Miyako/Yanagi vs Oishi/Momoshiro

Vote for who you think wins this match.

• Miyako Shinobu / Yanagi Renji

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Oishi Shuuichirou / Momoshiro Takeshi

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Doubles
Round 1 Block A

NameMiyako Shinobu
GradeHigh School 3rd Year
BirthdayJune 28th
Height184 cm
Weight73 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder
NameYanagi Renji
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayJuly 4th
Height181 cm
Weight67 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleCounter Puncher

VERSUS

NameOishi Shuuichirou
GradeMiddle School 3rd Year
BirthdayApril 30th
Height175 cm
Weight55 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleCounter Puncher
NameMomoshiro Takeshi
GradeMiddle School 2nd Year
BirthdayJuly 23rd
Height170 cm
Weight58 kg
HandednessRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner

Serve order: Miyako -> Momoshiro -> Yanagi -> Oishi

This round ends on Thursday, August 8th, at 8 PM GMT.

Have fun discussing.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Let's see. Miyako is a good doubles player and was able to dominate Nationals!Shiraishi and Kirihara until Shiraishi removed his gauntlet and Akaya went AM. Yanagi is a frightening doubles player, and his Data Tennis is very effective (he should have fair amounts of data about Momo and Oishi). On the other hand, Oishi is a good doubles player but really weak individually, moreover he can't use Synchro with Momo (however, I remember that in Nationals Finals, Ryuzaki said that Oishi and Kikumaru could synchro wih every Seigaku member, because it was a different type of Synchro, so Oishi might Synchro with Momo), but that's highly unlikely because Oishi doesn't have a mutual trust with Momo like he has with Kikumaru. Finally, Momo has BJK that should destroy Yanagi and Miyako's wrists.

Yanagi should be able to prevent Momo from hitting BJK, also Yanagi > Momo everyday. I don't think Oishi's gonna synchro with Momo. I see Momo above Miyako, but not above Yanagi. Oishi brings the team down, and he's nowhere near Yanagi and Miyako's tier.

I think Yanagi/Miyako win this match 6-2 or 6-1.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I definitely think Momoshiro > Yanagi with how he stomp #18+19 combine with BJK. Renji lost to #17, so he's 18 maximum. But probably could be even lower, since he got stomp hard. Miyako is 3rd court. Momoshiro win this. Oishi can support him to pull BJK out most likely. Oishi is a good support partner, mention time and again.

Momoshiro win this, really.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I definitely think Momoshiro > Yanagi with how he stomp #18+19 combine with BJK. Renji lost to #17, so he's 18 maximum. But probably could be even lower, since he got stomp hard. Miyako is 3rd court. Momoshiro win this. Oishi can support him to pull BJK out most likely. Oishi is a good support partner, mention time and again.

Momoshiro win this, really.
Ken, I have to say again that the reason Yanagi lost to Mitsuya is because Mitsuya had Yanagi's data and knew him inside out. I don't think there's anything to suggest that Yanagi is inferior to Momo, and that he can't work his way around BJK. Oishi yeah is a good support partner, but Miyako and Yanagi are tiers above him, and the match really depends on Momo. For me, Momo can beat Miyako, but I think is nonsense to say Yanagi can't counter Momo. There's no way Yanagi won't use his Data to prevent Momo from hitting it, and he has way more technique than Momo, so he might be able to return BJK.

Again, Oishi is useless against Yanagi and Miyako, both of them will hit winners past him. And really, I don't see Momo>Yanagi.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Miyako would just focus on Oishi (like he did with Kirihara) and Yanagi is good and smart enough to know when to avoid BJK (and maybe, how to return it). Also, # 17 might be even better than # 12 (considering # 12 is doubles and # 17 singles... who knows) so that number logic doesn't really work, Ken ^^

Oishi and Momo really depend on BJK, and I don't really think that 1 move alone will be good enough to beat someone like Yanagi.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
For me, there's nothing that shows Miyako is that much superior to Oichi. Oichi is able to steal one game off 1st stringer, although they aren't using syncho. But that's an archivement that no 3rd court is ever confirm to ever done. Oichi is also a member of black jersey, which auto mean that his base stats should be increased a fair bit. And if you can say Yanagi can just seal BJK, I can say I think Oichi will allow Momoshiro to hit BJK. And every BJK we've seen so far is to the racquet. Which means GG.

And show me an actual proof that # doesn't = power. From what we've seen of G10, it is very safe to say that power is their # with exception of Oni, who hide Kishin mode away, so doesn't really count. From what we seen in the manga, it IS that way. We even see #2 pair with #6. Why isn't the number 11-14 singles and 15-20 doubles, then?

And I do very much believe that BJK alone is good enough. It's good enough to beat #18-19, which is something that Miyako can never hope to do in his life time and Yanagi will be 1st court maximum material for me until Konomi prove otherwise.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
With the obvious excepion of 2 and 6, isn't every other pair premade? They obviously got their place playing doubles.

"an actual proof that # doesn't = power"? Mouri... I think that's enough :lmao

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
With the obvious excepion of 2 and 6, isn't every other pair premade? They obviously got their place playing doubles.

"an actual proof that # doesn't = power"? Mouri... I think that's enough :lmao
Mouri? He return Zero Shiki Serve. Yeah, he only did it once. But Sanada did it once too and he have to combine 3 of his move to do so. So... not really?

Just because someone doesn't have special move doesn't mean they are not strong. And because 7-8 and 9-10 are a pair. Why isn't 12-13, 15-16, 17-19 pairs number 15-16, 17-18, 19-20 pairs instead? Why don't you try to explain that? And 2-6 pair just saying it's exception doesn't cut it with me either. Pages from manga that show it?

Feel free to look at things from your point of view. But it doesn't change facts.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
...The Mutsus are obviously a pair... The Legendary Captains of Shitenhoji are another pair... And I'm pretty sure that Date/Ban are a premade power pair.

So, you're sure that because he returned the ZSS he'll be able to beat Fuwa, Hakamada and Date?

This is kinda offtopic though :XD

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Of course they are a pair. But just because they are a pair doesn't prove anything that # doesn't = power. Do you see Duke beating Tanegashima because he's a double player, judging from what we've seen? I'm asking why the doubles in 11-20 aren't number in the bottom if that's not the case. And from what we've seen of G10 so far, the higher your number is, the higher you are as a player. Yanagi is at best #18. And that's already giving him benefits of doubt. Not giving him any benefits of doubt, he's only confirm to be 2nd court material. Maybe 1st court. Momoshiro is 1st stringer. It's different tier.

From what we've seen of Renji from doubles. He's able to pull his partner potential out well. Unfortunately for him, his partner this time is a fodder that doesn't have much potential to pull out, if any.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
For me, there's nothing that shows Miyako is that much superior to Oichi. Oichi is able to steal one game off 1st stringer, although they aren't using syncho. But that's an archivement that no 3rd court is ever confirm to ever done. Oichi is also a member of black jersey, which auto mean that his base stats should be increased a fair bit. And if you can say Yanagi can just seal BJK, I can say I think Oichi will allow Momoshiro to hit BJK. And every BJK we've seen so far is to the racquet. Which means GG.

And show me an actual proof that # doesn't = power. From what we've seen of G10, it is very safe to say that power is their # with exception of Oni, who hide Kishin mode away, so doesn't really count. From what we seen in the manga, it IS that way. We even see #2 pair with #6. Why isn't the number 11-14 singles and 15-20 doubles, then?

And I do very much believe that BJK alone is good enough. It's good enough to beat #18-19, which is something that Miyako can never hope to do in his life time and Yanagi will be 1st court maximum material for me until Konomi prove otherwise.
Oishi won a game off the Mutsus with Niou and the Mutsus weren't even seriously yet. In other words, they weren't using Synchro right from the start like they probably did with Wassio/Shuzuki. Also, Oishi just won the match thanks to Niou who was able to replicate one of the Mutsu bros to synchronize with both of them, if it wasn't for Niou Oishi would have been slaughtered just like the 3rd court. Yes it was Oishi's idea but that doesn't mean that he could defeat Yanagi or Miyako. Mainly, his base stats are really weak, his Moon Volley wouldn't even work, and because he and Niou took a game with synchro from the Mutsus when they were not serious doesn't mean he's going to beat Miyako or Yanagi.

And how do you think he'll be able to even faze Yanagi and Miyako? Oishi has nothing outside of Synchro that can really put a fight, and Momo's BJK can be either returned or sealed by Yanagi (due to his technique and Data Tennis he can create setups for Miyako to target Oishi and acore points or to prevent BJK).

Oishi brings the team down and Momo isn't on Yanagi's level, even if he stomped Taira and Hara with just BJK. Also, like I said before, Yanagi lost because he took on a opponent who had all of his data and knew him inside out, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have won if it was another opponent, and I think he would have done that.

You can't prove that Oishi > Miyako because he's a member of the BJB and a first stringer. Miyako was able to dominate Nationals!Shiraishi and Natinals!Kirihara. Oishi will never do that. And the only one who can save the match is Momo, and he has to face both Yanagi and Miyako, and he won't win alone.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I view Taira and Hara as above Renji. Or equal at best. Yes, Yanagi opponent know him inside out. However, the opposite should be true as well. If anything, Yanagi should have more information. His opponent is an oversea team member. Yanagi is a mere middle school student who then got upgrade (unknown data) from mountain training. It's hardly an excuse.

Miyako is not really the one who dominated Shiraishi and Kirihara from what we saw. His partner is the one that does that. Also, there's a not so small possibility that Oichi beat someone on the second court as well, and second court>third court.

It doesn't matter if Oichi alone can't match up to them. Mouri alone doesn't look like he can give Atobe or Niou a good match either. But he's in doubles and he did it pretty well. All Oichi have to do is pull off one BJK to the racquet and the match is finished. I do not recall Renji or Miyako being able to handle power of that level. If Miyako is out, then it's 2-1 and pulling the next one out will be easier. Even if it takes 5-0, it doesn't matter if Miyako arm break at that point. Renji won't be able to beat two people alone. If Renji is out, it's very well gg at that point. Momoshiro shows to be able to hit the ball at two 1st stringer even, who is stronger than this pair here. It might render both of them hopeless, even.

5-0 in Renji/Miyako and forfeit or whatever, but they're not winning for sure. This is not PoT tournament. This is SPoT.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Erm.. Miyako dominated Nationals!Shiraishi and Kirihara. I'm too lazy to search for the page but it was chapter 32, you can clearly see Miyako smashing a shot past Shiraishi/Kirihara. It's when Shiraishi removed his gauntlet that everything changed, and created chances for Kirihara to score. Also, Miyako owned again Kirihara until he got AM! Upgrade. Both of them had to recieve upgrades to beat Miyako and Matsudaira.

Again, it's completely baseless to say that Oishi defeated somebody from second court, you have nothing to suggest that. Also, Miyako had a good power stat (4 I think it was), and Momo's BJK is not Oni's. Yanagi should have enough technique to return it or to prevent Momo from using it. Oishi is a weakling here, and Miyako and Yanagi both know how dangerous BJK when it comes to wrist damage, they obviously know well about the shot. And I think both of them have enough technique to seal it (and yanagi to return it).

You can't say Momo alone will take out those two with a BJK. And Yanagi and Miyako should develop a way to prevent it and score past Oishi and Momo. Remember how Miyako got used to Shiraishi's speed, it's possible they can prevent Momo from hitting it, and Oishi is practically useless here.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Miyako's power stat is 5.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thanks Kaoz. Then, I see also miyako returning Momo's BJK. Momo's BJK is not the same as Oni's, and somebody with a 5 in power should be able to return the shot. Also, if that happens, Oishi and Momo are screwed since they can't do anything, and Yanagi and Miyako would score winners pas them. Really, since Momo is the only one who can save the pair, and Miyako has a 5 in power (that should be enough to return BJK), and Yanagi's Data Tennis and technique, Oishi and Momo have no chance of winning.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Holy crap the dude has power.

Miyako/Yanagi, no doubt.

Of course they are a pair. But just because they are a pair doesn't prove anything that # doesn't = power. Do you see Duke beating Tanegashima because he's a double player, judging from what we've seen? I'm asking why the doubles in 11-20 aren't number in the bottom if that's not the case. And from what we've seen of G10 so far, the higher your number is, the higher you are as a player. Yanagi is at best #18. And that's already giving him benefits of doubt. Not giving him any benefits of doubt, he's only confirm to be 2nd court material. Maybe 1st court. Momoshiro is 1st stringer. It's different tier.

From what we've seen of Renji from doubles. He's able to pull his partner potential out well. Unfortunately for him, his partner this time is a fodder that doesn't have much potential to pull out, if any.
Are you saying that 11/20 aren't "singles/doubles/singles/doubles/singles/doubles/singles" on porpuse? :lmao Do you want me to explain you why they are like that and not "singles/singles/singles/singles/doubles/doubles/doubles"? Well, I dunno, ask Konomi.

Tanegashima isn't a doubles player (neither are Sanada and Akutsu), Ohmagari clearly is...

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think it's safe to assume Miyako/Yanagi are clearly the winner pair.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Again, it's completely baseless to say that Oishi defeated somebody from second court, you have nothing to suggest that. Also, Miyako had a good power stat (4 I think it was), and Momo's BJK is not Oni's. Yanagi should have enough technique to return it or to prevent Momo from using it. Oishi is a weakling here, and Miyako and Yanagi both know how dangerous BJK when it comes to wrist damage, they obviously know well about the shot. And I think both of them have enough technique to seal it (and yanagi to return it).

You can't say Momo alone will take out those two with a BJK. And Yanagi and Miyako should develop a way to prevent it and score past Oishi and Momo. Remember how Miyako got used to Shiraishi's speed, it's possible they can prevent Momo from hitting it, and Oishi is practically useless here.
No, Miyako and Yanagi have not shown anything at all that shows that they are 1st stringer material from what we've seen so far. And Momoshiro alone solo 2 1st stringer. That's really enough for me to vote Momoshiro/Oishi in this match. Unless Yanagi/Miyako added sum is higher than 2 1st stringer combined, I don't see them winning this match.

It's irrelevant how weakling Oishi are in this battle because Momoshiro is too much for the other two to handle. Stats doesn't matter as much as partnership. This is shown when Chitose/Tachibana lost to the 3rd court pair. Unless you were to say those two are 3rd court level. But then, Yanagi doesn't show much more impressive things than WoK. So in that case, Yanagi is 3rd court max too then. If you're not sure about Oishi/Momoshiro partnership, they are from the same school AND have a canon pair match in the series before.

This is doubles, so all Oishi role have to do is to ensure that Momoshiro can hit BJK and it'll all be good game. Momoshiro have a decent strength and it's been shown throughout the first series. Yet his waist is broken.

Why can't I say Momoshiro will take out those two with BJK when he take out a 1st stringer who is pretty much 3 court above Miyako? Renji is the other team only hope here. And I don't see him as 1st stringer material as he got completely stomp by 1. But it doesn't look like I'm going to convince you.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Holy crap the dude has power.

Miyako/Yanagi, no doubt.

Are you saying that 11/20 aren't "singles/doubles/singles/doubles/singles/doubles/singles" on porpuse? :lmao Do you want me to explain you why they are like that and not "singles/singles/singles/singles/doubles/doubles/doubles"? Well, I dunno, ask Konomi.

Tanegashima isn't a doubles player (neither are Sanada and Akutsu), Ohmagari clearly is...
You don't know? Well, then perhaps, the most likely option is that the ranking is based on their skill as a player and not some bs you come up with to support the character you like, then. Or you can try to argue of why Akiba can beat Byoudonin because the ranking is not based on their skill.

I'm just waiting for a page that prove that Yanagi have enough skill as a player to cover for the difference between 1st stringer and 3rd court as well as himself. Just make sure that page is not in your imagination. Hint: It is.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
You don't know? Well, then perhaps, the most likely option is that the ranking is based on their skill as a player and not some bs you come up with to support the character you like, then.
Momo is one of my fav characters (top 15). Yanagi is cool but nowhere near him, and I couldn't care less about Miyako.

I didn't come up with anything, the pattern is like that "just cause", not because of skills.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Momo is one of my fav characters (top 15). Yanagi is cool but nowhere near him, and I couldn't care less about Miyako.

I didn't come up with anything, the pattern is like that "just cause", not because of skills.
Just cause? Umm, so you tell me Fuwa might be stronger than Ochi or Tohno or Kimijima? Meh. I'm done here. There's just too much Rikkai fanism for me to take this seriously. Oishi/Momoshiro probably going to lose although Momoshiro shows that he can beat 1st stringer level player and none of his opponent this time is that high up. But well, it happens. This is even ignoring the canon partnership that Momoshiro/Oishi pair have.

And if Oishi can come up with a plan to beat 2 1st stringer, who say he can't do the same here? Not to mention there's a trickster with him too. People in this board is underestimating Momoshiro a lot. He's now high tier. This is SPoT board. Not PoT. Momoshiro being mid tier is too old at this point. It's outdated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.