[Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G. | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

Who will win?

• Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Date Danji/Ishida Gin

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Now I get why Konomi always makes power vs power matches. This matches are always like this: Power player A struggles to return Power player B power tech (with power, lol). What happens if a non-power player is on the court? I don't remember the last time we saw something like that.
Yagyuu tech stat (which I don't think is really high) is enough to compensate that he is the only player that isn't only power?
He might be the best player in this match, but he's also the weakest...

This was back in Regionals. During Regionals, Golden Pair were still an awesome combination.
Golden Pair is actually a failure team that just hardly win prior to Syncho.
Next time you should try to not hurt my feelings :(

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I certainly think higher than Yagyuu.

Tornado Snake> Curved Laser and Gryo Laser> Laser

I know there's argument about Yagyuu base stat being higher before, but now that I look at the whole thing, I just don't think so. Find me a page that show otherwise.
Curving Laser is higher than Tornado Snake and every shot Kaidoh has besides Gyro Laser.
But considering the Laser is Yagyuu's technique, there is nothing to suggest it should really work against Yagyuu.

Looking Atobe knowing how to return Tannhauser Serve, Fuji knowing how to return Higuma Otoshi, Chitose knowing how to return Kamikakushi, and Gin knowing how to return Hadoukyuus.

Just the way Yagyuu knows Laser inside out, he must know how to handle the shot if used against him.

You were a part of the argument between Yourself, Kaoz, Fayte and I regarding Kaidoh and Yagyuu and Kirihara. You were unable to come out with a response as to why Kaidoh should not have a higher mental than Kirihara or Yagyuu.

Kaidoh who had Boomerang Snake returned by another guy who has the same shot, left him standing still deserting his own Doubles partner in fear.
His Mental stat isn't high. His stamina is amazing.

In the Nationals, his stamina plan only worked on Mukahi and Hiyoshi because Mukahi sucked so bad. If that was anybody in the Kikumaru's tier and Kaidoh let them reach 5-2 match point, they would have grabbed that match point. It wasn't that genius of a plan.

Yagyuu was the man who came up with a switch when they met Prior To Nationals, I don't think we need a discussion for why his Mental is above Kaidoh's.
In terms of technique I believe Yagyuu is higher.

Just the way we have yet to see Yagyuu lose his composure. Against Golden Pair, despite Kikumaru being able to return the Laser which is probably thanks to his Motion Vision, he couldn't seal it, which is why Yagyuu/Niou went on to win that respective game to make it 6-4.

Surely since you are convinced Kaidoh is so strong, then you can prove he is better than Yagyuu. Find pages telling us so.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

He might be the best player in this match, but he's also the weakest...
Physique isn't everything. And sometimes means nothing.
Yeah Yagyuu is physically the weakest but look at
Atobe VS Date. Atobe should win without a doubt.

Somebody fragile looking like Fuji. Fuji is awesome. Fuji > Date or Gin everyday of every week of every month of every year of every decade (I could go on...)
But you get the point lol.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Curving Laser is higher than Tornado Snake and every shot Kaidoh has besides Gyro Laser.
But considering the Laser is Yagyuu's technique, there is nothing to suggest it should really work against Yagyuu.

Looking Atobe knowing how to return Tannhauser Serve, Fuji knowing how to return Higuma Otoshi, Chitose knowing how to return Kamikakushi, and Gin knowing how to return Hadoukyuus.

Just the way Yagyuu knows Laser inside out, he must know how to handle the shot if used against him.

You were a part of the argument between Yourself, Kaoz, Fayte and I regarding Kaidoh and Yagyuu and Kirihara. You were unable to come out with a response as to why Kaidoh should not have a higher mental than Kirihara or Yagyuu.

Kaidoh who had Boomerang Snake returned by another guy who has the same shot, left him standing still deserting his own Doubles partner in fear.
His Mental stat isn't high. His stamina is amazing.

In the Nationals, his stamina plan only worked on Mukahi and Hiyoshi because Mukahi sucked so bad. If that was anybody in the Kikumaru's tier and Kaidoh let them reach 5-2 match point, they would have grabbed that match point. It wasn't that genius of a plan.

Yagyuu was the man who came up with a switch when they met Prior To Nationals, I don't think we need a discussion for why his Mental is above Kaidoh's.
In terms of technique I believe Yagyuu is higher.

Just the way we have yet to see Yagyuu lose his composure. Against Golden Pair, despite Kikumaru being able to return the Laser which is probably thanks to his Motion Vision, he couldn't seal it, which is why Yagyuu/Niou went on to win that respective game to make it 6-4.
Gryo Laser is not laser, though. It's faster than laser. It's simply a better technique. It's not the same as the other example, when exact same technique is used against them. Yanagi get rape by this laser along with Kirihara. Are you implying that Yagyuu is stronger than the Rikkai big three? That's my proof. Show me how Yanagi can handle Kaidoh. He can't. I think it's reasonable to assume that Yanagi>Yagyuu.

Mental is one stat. Just one. So, that's it? That's all Yagyuu is better than Kaidoh? Can that really overcome the combination that Yanagi, the big three, fail to overcome? I think this is enough as a proof.

And why is curving laser higher than tornado snake? They're both curve. Tornado snake had a path that's harder to hit. So saying that "Curving Laser is higher than Tornado Snake" from what we saw I don't think make sense

In term of tech "I believe" don't cut it for me. Tornado Snake look harder to actually do than curving laser. If I have to bet my fortune to do one techniques, I'll go with trying to pull curving laser. I also would take a bet to hit a fast curving ball than a ball that can twist in tornado. Gyro Laser is also better than Laser.

And out of all the thing you say, I have yet seen a proof that Yagyuu is high tier. Golden Pair prior to syncho really IS a joke. Kikumaru fail to return laser doesn't mean Yagyuu is strong for me. Sure, he's stronger than Kikumaru. But how high is Kikumaru in term of ranking, really?

Like I have said before, looking at each one of his feats. This is just a summary of what I said before. So look at the old post for full version.;

-Golden Pair: Their track aren't that impressive before they get Syncho. I don't recall the golden pair winning against many memorable player, really.

-Random team: Anyone could probably do this

-Niou (no Illusion): 5th counter Fuji raped him. Fighting evenly with him, even if he's holding back his curving laser, really isn't something I would look highly. Sealing Niou's Illusion also isn't something I look at highly. Since it only works against Niou. It means he's best player to play against Niou. But what happen if he fight someone else Niou can fought pretty nicely with Illusion, like say, Ochi and Atobe. I don't think the score track 'll be the same. I don't think Yagyuu can 6-0 No Illusion Niou. I don't think the gap between them is that huge.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Physique isn't everything. And sometimes means nothing.
Yeah Yagyuu is physically the weakest but look at
Atobe VS Date. Atobe should win without a doubt.

Somebody fragile looking like Fuji. Fuji is awesome. Fuji > Date or Gin everyday of every week of every month of every year of every decade (I could go on...)
But you get the point lol.
Yes I know, but remember Kawamura vs Gin. Taka was flying around the whole match, and he IS really powerful. What are the chances of Yagyuu returning a 100 th style Hadoukyuu?

THAT'S the reason why Konomi always makes power vs power matches.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Gryo Laser is not laser, though. It's faster than laser. It's simply a better technique. It's not the same as the other example, when exact same technique is used against them. Yanagi get rape by this laser along with Kirihara. Are you implying that Yagyuu is stronger than the Rikkai big three? That's my proof. Show me how Yanagi can handle Kaidoh. He can't. I think it's reasonable to assume that Yanagi>Yagyuu.
Your now saying Kaidoh > Yanagi?
Secondly, yeah its faster but the principle is still the same. Nothing has changed, it's still based off what Yagyuu knows inside out.
It only got past Yanagi a few times. Who says it would have worked against Yanagi for several games?

Mental is one stat. Just one. So, that's it? That's all Yagyuu is better than Kaidoh? Can that really overcome the combination that Yanagi, the big three, fail to overcome? I think this is enough as a proof.
Yanagi is not on the level of the other big 3 Sanada and Yuki, so you can stop saying Big 3, since the other two are levels above him.
Secondly it overcame him for a game or two at best. What's to say Yanagi wouldn't eventually find mannerisms in Kaidoh's play after 3-4 games?

And why is curving laser higher than tornado snake? They're both curve. Tornado snake had a path that's harder to hit. So saying that "Curving Laser is higher than Tornado Snake" from what we saw I don't think make sense
It makes perfect sense. Tornado is not a fast shot. It must be somewhat slow with all the turns it makes before landing.
Curving Laser is a high speed shot that the opponent cannot predict.
If Curving Laser is the upgrade to Laser that Kirihara had trouble with, but Tornado Snake was returned by Kirihara in the instance he saw it, how can you say Tornado Snake is higher?
How can you even value it so highly if Kirihara returned it whilst laughing. Kaidoh only has Gyro Snake to make him a Top tier player.
He needs improvement in SPoT since without it, he is average.

In term of tech "I believe" don't cut it for me. Tornado Snake look harder to actually do than curving laser. If I have to bet my fortune to do one techniques, I'll go with trying to pull curving laser. I also would take a bet to hit a fast curving ball than a ball that can twist in tornado. Gyro Laser is also better than Laser.
WHY?
Tornado Snake is slower, yeah it has Gyro spin, but it only looked amazing because it was against an exhausted Hiyoshi and Mukahi.
Didn't do a thing against Kirihara or Yanagi. Not a thing against higher tier players.

And out of all the thing you say, I have yet seen a proof that Yagyuu is high tier. Golden Pair prior to syncho really IS a joke. Kikumaru fail to return laser doesn't mean Yagyuu is strong for me. Sure, he's stronger than Kikumaru. But how high is Kikumaru in term of ranking, really?
We don't need to go by a Doubles match where he and Niou played with Non-dominant hands for half the game.
We can't judge their abilities by that game since we don't know how serious either of them were.

Remember Yagyuu faking a loss against that Nagoya guy? He's a trickster nearly as much as Niou is. We don't know how much effort they were putting in.

Like I have said before, looking at each one of his feats. This is just a summary of what I said before. So look at the old post for full version.;

-Golden Pair: Their track aren't that impressive before they get Syncho. I don't recall the golden pair winning against many memorable player, really.
BS. They beat Jimmies, Would have beaten Oshitari Yushi and Mukahi too.

-Random team: Anyone could probably do this
Nonsense, unproven and purely opinion.

-Niou (no Illusion): 5th counter Fuji raped him.
Don't be stupid. Niou is awesome, remember Rikkai said he should stop playing around after 4-0 to Fuji?
Sanada was the one to tell him to get serious, since his whole team could see he wasn't playing at his best.
Nobody in Rikkai was flustered by the scoreline, yet only Yukimura knew about Niou's illusion.

This implies that when he played Fuji before Illusion he was just messing around.

Fighting evenly with him, even if he's holding back his curving laser, really isn't something I would look highly.
Seeing that we don't and nobody, knows Base!Niou's real level don't know how we should use this.

What we do know, is that the same threat that Kaidoh posed, of being able to use Tornado Snake and Gyro Laser from the same stance, Yagyuu can too with Laserbeam and Curving Laser. We also know Kaidoh only knows Laser thanks to Yagyuu who knows the technique inside out.

You cannot prove Kaidoh is physically stronger than Yagyuu, You cannot prove he is faster either, You also cannot prove he has better technique but I can prove in terms of Mental Kaidoh is low. Kaidoh definetely wins in stamina though.

Sealing Niou's Illusion also isn't something I look at highly. Since it only works against Niou. It means he's best player to play against Niou. But what happen if he fight someone else Niou can fought pretty nicely with Illusion, like say, Ochi and Atobe. I don't think the score track 'll be the same. I don't think Yagyuu can 6-0 No Illusion Niou. I don't think the gap between them is that huge.
Not my argument. This argument was with Fayte not me man.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
First time I read something like this...
It's not just an Illusion, he's actually able to do Tezuka, Shiraishi, Ryoma, and almost anyone else techs. He is really able to do ZS, ZSS, TZ...
If he is simply doing the techniques, then it isn't an illusion. He is just doing his own version of Muga. Nobody said Echizen was some "Illusion Master" because he was able to copy peoples techniques with Muga against Sanada, so it isn't about just copying techniques. Niou is able to copy the very nature of the person. Also, we learned that Niou was unable to be Tezuka-level in his match with Fuji, and that is not simply because he was unable to do ZSS. It is because Niou is just a shadow (illusion), and Tezuka is the real thing. Fuji acknowledged Niou was not on par with Tezuka, so I stand by my guns in saying what Niou does is an illusion, and not the real thing.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Your now saying Kaidoh > Yanagi?
Secondly, yeah its faster but the principle is still the same. Nothing has changed, it's still based off what Yagyuu knows inside out.
It only got past Yanagi a few times. Who says it would have worked against Yanagi for several games?
Who say it wouldn't? This is simply a guess. From what we've seen. It works against Yanagi. And that's cannon. So unless you can prove it doesn't, I'm going with the manga rather than you. Thanks.

Yanagi is not on the level of the other big 3 Sanada and Yuki, so you can stop saying Big 3, since the other two are levels above him.
Secondly it overcame him for a game or two at best. What's to say Yanagi wouldn't eventually find mannerisms in Kaidoh's play after 3-4 games?
Again, opinion. Not proven. My point is.

It makes perfect sense. Tornado is not a fast shot. It must be somewhat slow with all the turns it makes before landing.
Curving Laser is a high speed shot that the opponent cannot predict.
If Curving Laser is the upgrade to Laser that Kirihara had trouble with, but Tornado Snake was returned by Kirihara in the instance he saw it, how can you say Tornado Snake is higher?
How can you even value it so highly if Kirihara returned it whilst laughing. Kaidoh only has Gyro Snake to make him a Top tier player.
He needs improvement in SPoT since without it, he is average.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c357/11.html

Actually, it's suggest that Tornado Snake is also fairly quick along with the laser here, hence invincible. Also, Yagyuu curve is say by Kaidoh during the their match with random schooler that it is WEAKER than his. And I don't find anymore comment that Yagyuu curve shot has improve in chapter 7 of Shin Prince of Tennis. Hence, again, I'm just gonna go with the manga. And it doesn't have to be slow with all the turn. It's fast enough that it leaves after image that we saw as in tornado. It's not a slow shot by anymeans. I give you a page that highly suggest Kirihara is given data by Yanagi to return Tornado Snake before, that's why Kirihara can return it on first try. But again, If Tornado Snake is as slow as you say, Kirihara, with his half step tech (it is shown that he have it at beginning of the series), can try to cover all move as Gyro laser and use half step to close in on Tornado snake. He doesn't.

Y?
WHY?
Tornado Snake is slower, yeah it has Gyro spin, but it only looked amazing because it was against an exhausted Hiyoshi and Mukahi.
Didn't do a thing against Kirihara or Yanagi. Not a thing against higher tier players.
I shouldn't just take thing you say as fact. It's clear that you can't prove tornado snake to be slower. However, I can't prove that it is fast either. And the same thing with curve beam. So that's why I'm going off what is harder to do here. Tornado Snake look harder to do. So I'm saying that it should require high tech. OTherwise, we can both try to find real life video to see which one is closer to the one people can do in real life.

Again, Tornado Snake is high tier enough of a tech once it's used together with Gyro Laser. Kirihara+ Yanagi is raped by it. I'll echo myself again, can Yagyuu beat Yanagi? I don't think so. And it seemed like you give Yanagi free pass that he can return the shot given couple more game. I'm not doing that. I'm going off what the manga says. So unless you can show me PAGES from the manga that prove otherwise other than simply wall of texts that's fill with opinions and not fact from the manga, don't bother replying anymore. This is getting too long for my taste.

for half the game.
We can't judge their abilities by that game since we don't know how serious either of them were.

Remember Yagyuu faking a loss against that Nagoya guy? He's a trickster nearly as much as Niou is. We don't know how much effort they were putting in.
We're not? But because they do that, they destroy Golden Pair morale. And it forced the golden to adjust to 2 laser speed instead of just 1. It's a trick they use to win, not play around. I'm pretty sure you're the one I say this to before, because back then, you used this same argument too. And I've shown you the exact page already. I can dig the page out if you want.

BS. They beat Jimmies, Would have beaten Oshitari Yushi and Mukahi too.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c128/3.html

Yeah. Jimmy. Any other notable win? And Jimmy also is a pretty weak player team all together. And no, it doesn't look like they would have beaten Yuushi+Makahi for me. Unless you're saying the character themselves are wrong.

K. insert this in your quote about Yagyuu can return Gyro laser and Tornado snake being slower. Thanks. You're giving undue credits that Yagyuu doesn't deserve BECAUSE you think he is high tier. I don't think he is.

I'll change this then. Any players invited to U-17 can do it. That's why I say anyone. I thought that was clear. Apparently, it isn't. It's a freaking random players. How about you prove this statement of yours.

Don't be stupid. Niou is awesome, remember Rikkai said he should stop playing around after 4-0 to Fuji?
Sanada was the one to tell him to get serious, since his whole team could see he wasn't playing at his best.
Nobody in Rikkai was flustered by the scoreline, yet only Yukimura knew about Niou's illusion.

This implies that when he played Fuji before Illusion he was just messing around.
K. So prove that base Niou without Illusion can get a point of Fuji. Right. You can't. So,

Niou needs Illusion to get point off Fuji. And EVERY SINGLE POINT he get off Fuji is when he used Illusion.

What we do know, is that the same threat that Kaidoh posed, of being able to use Tornado Snake and Gyro Laser from the same stance, Yagyuu can too with Laserbeam and Curving Laser. We also know Kaidoh only knows Laser thanks to Yagyuu who knows the technique inside out.

You cannot prove Kaidoh is physically stronger than Yagyuu, You cannot prove he is faster either, You also cannot prove he has better technique but I can prove in terms of Mental Kaidoh is low. Kaidoh definetely wins in stamina though.
So mental Yagyuu> Kaidoh. Stamina Kaidoh>Yagyuu. And in the end, Yagyuu>Kaidoh, where did that came from? At least, in the manga

-Gyro laser is faster than Yagyuu own laser
-Yagyuu curve IS NOT stated to be faster than tornado snake. So since it is not stated, it's pretty useless to keep going back and forth about this, as this one shot is purely opinion-based.

Yagyuu knows laser. Not Gyro laser. Gyro laser is obviously harder to hit back. Yanagi can probably return laser fine, too. It's kind of like how Kikumaru get used to Niou laser speed and fail with the real one.

Yeah, so because the two of them can do the straight or curve tech, so they're even on that. But Kaidoh stamina will actually be better for this than Yagyuu. The number of set match will also decide this. It's unknown if Kaidoh stamina is enough to kick in in 1 set match, but I think the advantage is definitely Kaidoh in a 3 set match if they're both going for 1st stringer position.

Not my argument. This argument was with Fayte not me man.
I knows. I just said this because I want to avoid saying the exact same thing over and over.

I don't think this is going anywhere, though.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Who say it wouldn't? This is simply a guess. From what we've seen. It works against Yanagi. And that's cannon. So unless you can prove it doesn't, I'm going with the manga rather than you. Thanks.
I think it's wrong to assume Kaidoh > Yanagi based off of a few points.

Again, opinion. Not proven. My point is.
How have you proven that Gyro Laser will work for the duration of a whole set? If Yanagi worked out how to return Waterfall and Tornado Snake so quickly why shouldn't he eventually handle Gyro Laser?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c357/11.html

Actually, it's suggest that Tornado Snake is also fairly quick along with the laser here, hence invincible.
It was never said it was anywhere near as fast as a Laser. Also, Curving Laser is the same speed as the actual Laser. So really, Tornado simply isn't as fast.

Also, Yagyuu curve is say by Kaidoh during the their match with random schooler that it is WEAKER than his. And I don't find anymore comment that Yagyuu curve shot has improve in chapter 7 of Shin Prince of Tennis.
This is silly. Your comparing the Snake that Yagyuu hit Prior To Nationals, to the Curving Laser that Yagyuu hit at the U-17 Camp?
Just the fact such a long time has passed since then, and that Yagyuu can now combine it with his Laser means it obviously must have improved.
That should be obvious to everyone.

Hence, again, I'm just gonna go with the manga. And it doesn't have to be slow with all the turn. It's fast enough that it leaves after image that we saw as in tornado. It's not a slow shot by anymeans. I give you a page that highly suggest Kirihara is given data by Yanagi to return Tornado Snake before, that's why Kirihara can return it on first try.
An After image is what indicates to you it must be fast? I can't take this statement seriously. It's stupid.
Oishi's Moon Volley does the same thing.
Kai's Viking Horn does the same.
I can find plenty examples as to why your example means nothing.
Also, if Yanagi has data on it as you say, why do you think it will work on him for a whole set?
I don't think Gyro Laser is faster than Waterfall personally. Serve's should be faster.

But again, If Tornado Snake is as slow as you say, Kirihara, with his half step tech (it is shown that he have it at beginning of the series), can try to cover all move as Gyro laser and use half step to close in on Tornado snake. He doesn't.
Irrelevant. He cannot use Split step if he doesn't know whether Gyro laser or Tornado Snake is coming.
This proves nothing.

I shouldn't just take thing you say as fact. It's clear that you can't prove tornado snake to be slower. However, I can't prove that it is fast either. And the same thing with curve beam. So that's why I'm going off what is harder to do here.
I can. The Curving Laser, is just a Curving Laser. The Laser is said to be extremely fast. And the curving laser is the exact same speed as the Laser.
While the Tornado Snake has never been called ''fast''. Ever.
So it's you who needs to prove why you will go against the manga and say Tornado Snake is fast like Laser has been said to be fast.

Tornado Snake look harder to do. So I'm saying that it should require high tech. OTherwise, we can both try to find real life video to see which one is closer to the one people can do in real life.
Your using Real life? for PoT Logic? You know that makes no sense.
Neither are possible in real life so good luck in trying.

Again, Tornado Snake is high tier enough of a tech once it's used together with Gyro Laser. Kirihara+ Yanagi is raped by it. I'll echo myself again, can Yagyuu beat Yanagi? I don't think so.
Tornado Snake is only high tier once combined with Gyro Laser.
Kirihara and Yanagi could not handle it for 1 game. making it 4-1.
That one game is all we saw it in.
Despite having it, Kirihara managed to control the game and take it to 5-1.

So when they said Kaidoh is invincible, I think somebody somewhere was exaggerating.

And it seemed like you give Yanagi free pass that he can return the shot given couple more game. I'm not doing that. I'm going off what the manga says. So unless you can show me PAGES from the manga that prove otherwise other than simply wall of texts that's fill with opinions and not fact from the manga, don't bother replying anymore. This is getting too long for my taste.
You're also doing the same thing. Don't try to be clever here.
You are judging a whole set off of one game.
The game after, Kaidoh was involved in the rally but Kirihara was still able to play how he wanted. Kaidoh isn't invincible.
Unless you want to run away without proving your point.

We're not? But because they do that, they destroy Golden Pair morale. And it forced the golden to adjust to 2 laser speed instead of just 1. It's a trick they use to win, not play around. I'm pretty sure you're the one I say this to before, because back then, you used this same argument too. And I've shown you the exact page already. I can dig the page out if you want.
Either way, Golden Pair weren't crap at the time. They have been a strong pair for a while. I don't know why you're saying they sucked without Synchro. They didn't.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c128/3.html

Yeah. Jimmy. Any other notable win? And Jimmy also is a pretty weak player team all together. And no, it doesn't look like they would have beaten Yuushi+Makahi for me. Unless you're saying the character themselves are wrong.
I'll admit I was wrong about the latter.

K. insert this in your quote about Yagyuu can return Gyro laser and Tornado snake being slower. Thanks. You're giving undue credits that Yagyuu doesn't deserve BECAUSE you think he is high tier. I don't think he is.
Well, I'll say it again. Laser is known as fast. Curving Laser is the same speed as Laser.
Tornado Snake has never been called ''fast'' by Konomi.
Its been called fast by you, and YOU are NOT Konomi.

You are giving Tornado Snake undue credits.

I'll change this then. Any players invited to U-17 can do it. That's why I say anyone. I thought that was clear. Apparently, it isn't. It's a freaking random players. How about you prove this statement of yours.
It wasn't clear at all. You said Random.
Saying any player invited to U-17 is a bit off too.

K. So prove that base Niou without Illusion can get a point of Fuji. Right. You can't. So,
http://www.mangareader.net/422-27257-2/prince-of-tennis/chapter-360.html
There is his teammate, knowing full well that Niou isn't playing seriously.
So how on earth can you judge Niou on that performance if it is proven Niou wasn't playing seriously?? I have PROOF Niou wasn't serious.
Sanada didn't even know about Illusion.

Niou needs Illusion to get point off Fuji. And EVERY SINGLE POINT he get off Fuji is when he used Illusion.
http://www.mangareader.net/422-27257-2/prince-of-tennis/chapter-360.html
Maybe. The readers do not know. We only know Niou cannot win against Fuji without it. We don't know about getting points though.

So mental Yagyuu> Kaidoh. Stamina Kaidoh>Yagyuu. And in the end, Yagyuu>Kaidoh, where did that came from? At least, in the manga

-Gyro laser is faster than Yagyuu own laser
-Yagyuu curve IS NOT stated to be faster than tornado snake. So since it is not stated, it's pretty useless to keep going back and forth about this, as this one shot is purely opinion-based.
Common sense tells you that if Tornado Snake has never been called ''extremely Fast'' yet Laserbeam has been called fast, then Laserbeam is the faster one.

That's common sense though. I guess we don't all have it. I guess I have at least a bit of it to notice this obvious thing.

It's not my opinion, its Konomi. Konomi says laser is fast, he doesn't say Tornado Snake is ''extremely fast''. You don't believe Konomi?

Yagyuu knows laser. Not Gyro laser. Gyro laser is obviously harder to hit back. Yanagi can probably return laser fine, too. It's kind of like how Kikumaru get used to Niou laser speed and fail with the real one.

Yeah, so because the two of them can do the straight or curve tech, so they're even on that. But Kaidoh stamina will actually be better for this than Yagyuu. The number of set match will also decide this. It's unknown if Kaidoh stamina is enough to kick in in 1 set match, but I think the advantage is definitely Kaidoh in a 3 set match if they're both going for 1st stringer position.
Your first valid point I can accept.
Kaidoh has more stamina. True. Kaidoh has Gyro, not Curving Laser though.

Your free to run away from this Ken.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
@ the whole Yanagi thing

So you're assuming Yanagi can return it. Yanagi has 2 days after Kaidoh and Inui reveal those tech in their match with Hyotei. You and I both don't know what'll happen if the game go on. But because we don't know, predicting what will happen is all assumption. So I'm going off what we can confirm right now in the manga; Yanagi can't handle Kaidoh so far. So I'm not giving him a free pass. You're free to give it to him if you want. Can I also say Tezuka and Echizen without PoP can probably find a way around to beat Rai now that they seen it so many times and had so long to find the counter to it?

This is silly. Your comparing the Snake that Yagyuu hit Prior To Nationals, to the Curving Laser that Yagyuu hit at the U-17 Camp?
Just the fact such a long time has passed since then, and that Yagyuu can now combine it with his Laser means it obviously must have improved.
That should be obvious to everyone.
The only thing that have been confirm is that he can hit curve shot using same pose as laser. Nothing else is confirm about that shot. This is all assumption.

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27257...apter-360.html
There is his teammate, knowing full well that Niou isn't playing seriously.
So how on earth can you judge Niou on that performance if it is proven Niou wasn't playing seriously?? I have PROOF Niou wasn't serious.
Sanada didn't even know about Illusion.

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27257...apter-360.html
Maybe. The readers do not know. We only know Niou cannot win against Fuji without it. We don't know about getting points though.
So we both can't prove otherwise. So we know that Fuji>Niou without Illusion. Getting no points might be going too far. But anyways, it still doesn't disprove that Niou can probably win against Yagyuu if Illusion does work.

Common sense tells you that if Tornado Snake has never been called ''extremely Fast'' yet Laserbeam has been called fast, then Laserbeam is the faster one.

That's common sense though. I guess we don't all have it. I guess I have at least a bit of it to notice this obvious thing.

It's not my opinion, its Konomi. Konomi says laser is fast, he doesn't say Tornado Snake is ''extremely fast''. You don't believe Konomi?

Your first valid point I can accept.
Kaidoh has more stamina. True. Kaidoh has Gyro, not Curving Laser though.
Kaidoh curve tech is snake and everyone of its variant, his signature move. There's 3 possible here (normal, tornado, and the one around the pole). So they both do have straight and curve tech. In fact, Yagyuu have to handle 3 possible snake+laser. As in, take a guess as to what kind of shot it is. My point here is that

-Kaidoh surpass Yagyuu signature move, laser
-Yagyuu curve laser vs Kaidoh tornado snake is unknown which one is better overall. Even if curve laser has speed, tornado snake has a harder to hit path. Speed isn't everything in a ball. I'll say from what we saw, which is curve laser and tornado snake is better as an overall tech cannot be decided. But the reason I'm giving this to Kaidoh is because snake is his original signature technique. I don't giv credit to Yagyuu here because his tech doesn't said to surpass tornado snake, which is Kaidoh best curve at that time. So

-Yagyuu signature is already been surpass for sure (we know this from Gyro laser faster comment)
-Tornado Snake>Curve laser or Curve laser>Tornado snake is unconfirmed

So going off just what is absolutely confirm, I think Kaidoh tech seemed to be higher for right now.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
So it's speed not bad. How does that shown curve laser is a better shot? Because speed is everything there is in a shot and tornado path doesn't require any skill to pull off and can be easily suppress?

Here's how I think the match between the two would go. Whoever serve have a disadvantage, since they will get hit back with straight or curve and only have 50% of hitting the ball right. I also doubt that even if they can catch up to the ball, they can get into the pose necessary to pull straight or curve. This means both will lose their service game. The game'll probably end in 7-6 in either one favor. Then, if it's 3 set match, Kaidoh original stamina draining tactics+his own monstrous stamina will kick in. Kaidoh can probably end up winning 2-1 or 2-0 depending on how the first and second match go (which I guess is just probability)

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
If he is simply doing the techniques, then it isn't an illusion. He is just doing his own version of Muga. Nobody said Echizen was some "Illusion Master" because he was able to copy peoples techniques with Muga against Sanada, so it isn't about just copying techniques. Niou is able to copy the very nature of the person. Also, we learned that Niou was unable to be Tezuka-level in his match with Fuji, and that is not simply because he was unable to do ZSS. It is because Niou is just a shadow (illusion), and Tezuka is the real thing. Fuji acknowledged Niou was not on par with Tezuka, so I stand by my guns in saying what Niou does is an illusion, and not the real thing.
Thing is, it´s way easier to think that he´s doing the techniques and copying the nature of other person (I never said he only does the techs...) rather than tricking the opponent, the referee, the hundreds of spectators, and making them alll think that he´s doing the techs when he actually isn´t...

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser: 2 votes
Date Danji/Ishida Gin: 8 votes

Winner: Date Danji/Ishida Gin

Status
Not open for further replies.