[Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Singles 2] Hirakoba vs Sengoku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Singles 2] Hirakoba vs Sengoku

Who will win?

• Hirakoba Rin

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Sengoku Kiyosumi

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Singles 2Hirakoba RinSengoku Kiyosumi
SchoolHiga 3rd YearYamabuki 3rd Year
Height172 cm170 cm
Weight54 kg54 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleAll RounderAll Rounder
TechniquesShukuchihou
Habu
Giant Habu
Dunk Smash
Kohou

Serve order: Hirakoba -> Sengoku

This round ends on Thursday, September 27th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Habu as serve?
Habu itself stunned Fuji and Kawamura for a long time.

Sengoku has Motion Vision, but Habu being a Smash, Serve and standard return is a lot to handle.

Shukuchiho on top of that. Hirakoba can't be lobbed, and a Drop shot can't be used on him...
He can catch shots that get directly passed him as long as he is near enough through Shukuchiho.
Just the way he sealed up Hadoukyuu, Tsubame, Hakugei and Higuma Otoshi so effortlessly.

So he get's Dunk Smashed, as long as the smash is near him, he can teleport backwards and catch its path.
Since Dunk Smash can be returned from the baseline.

Hirakoba has this. He is levels above the 3 Lower Higa members Chinen, Tanishi and Kai.
We also have to remember Kamio > Sengoku as well. Kamio probably isn't beating Hirakoba.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Jirou VS Kenya was one thing. There really isn't much between them. Could go either way.
But for those who still have faith in forgotten bros like Sengoku...

Honestly I can't wait to hear how Sengoku will be supported.
After he dropped four games to Richard Sakata at the Nationals lol.
Hirakoba > Sengoku.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless Sengoku gets an upgrade, there isn't really any way for the Sengoku who beat Richard 6-4 to win against the Hirakoba who made Fuji have to pull out a new counter.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It really is as simple as you say it. Sengoku is desperate for upgrades.

LetalHawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sengoku loses this, Hirakoba sealed Fuji's counters and managed to return them, also, lobs don't work against him like drop shots. Unless Sengoku gets a significantly strong upgrade, Hirakoba defeats Sengoku comfortably 6-2.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
hirakoba wins,

i ditto wat others say about sengoku, he needs upgrades. this hirakoba gave fuji a hard time back then, sengoku would have to be
super smart to counter habu serve and habu drive.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Ok... the day has come, Sengoku's 1st match. I'm gonna be the devil's advocate just because he's Sengoku.

Habu as serve?
Habu itself stunned Fuji and Kawamura for a long time.

Sengoku has Motion Vision, but Habu being a Smash, Serve and standard return is a lot to handle.
I do believe that Motion Vision will help him a lot if Hirakoba uses Habu. Sengoku ability isn't as good as Fuji, obviously, but it's still better than Taka's. After some tries, he'll surely return Habu Serve and regular Habu.

Shukuchiho on top of that. Hirakoba can't be lobbed, and a Drop shot can't be used on him...
He can catch shots that get directly passed him as long as he is near enough through Shukuchiho.
Just the way he sealed up Hadoukyuu, Tsubame, Hakugei and Higuma Otoshi so effortlessly.

So he get's Dunk Smashed, as long as the smash is near him, he can teleport backwards and catch its path.
Since Dunk Smash can be returned from the baseline.
Ehm, no. He's not teleporting, he's just moving at the right moment, predicting where the rival will hit the ball. A good fake movement (like Yuushi's ) should be enough to seal shukuchiho. Sengoku is surely able to do that, he used to be Kanto's 6th best player and got a place in Kanto's all star team (I know it's non canon, but it still means something) . Fuji counters can't be faked, they are extremely announced, that's why they didn't work. Same with Hadoukyuu (Kawamura wasn't able to hit it a lot though).

He is levels above the 3 Lower Higa members Chinen, Tanishi and Kai.
I don't disagree.

We also have to remember Kamio > Sengoku as well. Kamio probably isn't beating Hirakoba.
I disagree. Kamio won against Sengoku... but it's stated that he changed he's playing style and got better. That's why Konomi made Sengoku vs Sakata (another speed player, probably faster than Kamio). If Sengoku and Kamio faced each other again, Sengoku would win.

Jirou VS Kenya was one thing. There really isn't much between them. Could go either way.
But for those who still have faith in forgotten bros like Sengoku...
You are talking to me there lol.

Honestly I can't wait to hear how Sengoku will be supported.
Me too.

After he dropped four games to Richard Sakata at the Nationals lol.
I don'see anything bad about that. Sakata is a speed player, it's not that easy to win the first games against those guys. Krauser beat the crap out of Sakata, but he's a power player that was beating BM Kirihara.

Oh, and Sengoku should start serving, ("Lucky!", remember?).

Sengoku wins this, 7-6.

Ok I made it almost believable, give me a medal.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I do believe that Motion Vision will help him a lot if Hirakoba uses Habu. Sengoku ability isn't as good as Fuji, obviously, but it's still better than Taka's. After some tries, he'll surely return Habu Serve and regular Habu.
Well yeah, Sengoku > Regionals!Kawamura, but to say he'll surely return Habu serve and regular Habu is nonsense.
It will take games for Sengoku easily.
It continued to take games off of Regionals!Fuji/Kawamura. It will definetely take games off of Sengoku. Don't overrate or overhype Motion Vision.
Otherwise you're telling me Saeki Kojiro can handle Habu.

Sengoku can't hit any strong swings against the Habu. He just isn't of that level at all. Kamio > Sengoku.
Sengoku just needs upgrades. He has been due an upgrade since Prefecturals. We're at the G10 section of the U-17 Camp now lol.
Don't understate Habu. Habu is an excellent shot that when able to use as a serve and shot and smash is a lot to handle.

Ehm, no. He's not teleporting, he's just moving at the right moment,
It basically is teleporting. It's not any ''moving at the right movement''.
It's a special martial arts step where the user runs and leaps almost with necessarily applying pressure on the ground as they run.
Konomi says its where they don't kick the ground as they run.
Since they are only moving around a small distance it gives the impression they teleported.

predicting where the rival will hit the ball.
Nope. Chinen didn't see Cord Ball by Aoi Kentaro coming at all. He saw the ball dropping on his side of the net and was surprised, but he casually used Shukuchiho and teleported to the net.

A good fake movement (like Yuushi's ) should be enough to seal shukuchiho.
Sengoku is surely able to do that,
Yes, since Kikumaru can I believe Sengoku can somewhat seal it.

he used to be Kanto's 6th best player and got a place in Kanto's all star team (I know it's non canon, but it still means something).
Counts for nothing.
An arc where Sanada and Atobe were in Doubles 2? Fuji Shusuke was in Singles 2 whilst Kirihara was in Singles 1?
Ryoma was a reserve? Neither Inui nor Yanagi made the team whilst Kikumaru and Yushi did?
It was a joke arc. It doesn't mean a thing. He is nowhere near Kanto's Top 10.
Kanto has plenty players better than Sengoku right now.

Fuji counters can't be faked, they are extremely announced, that's why they didn't work. Same with Hadoukyuu (Kawamura wasn't able to hit it a lot though).
Only Tsubame Gaeshi was a lessened version.
It was the real Higuma Otoshi that stunned Hirakoba, but Hirakoba made it to the baseline in time effortlessly.
It was the real Hakugei that Hirakoba teleported to catch before it landed.
It was a real Hadoukyuu Kawamura tried to hit. But he couldn't since Habu sealed it off as it requires a big swing.
Re-watch the episode. Ep.3 of the Nationals.

I disagree. Kamio won against Sengoku... but it's stated that he changed he's playing style and got better. That's why Konomi made Sengoku vs Sakata (another speed player, probably faster than Kamio). If Sengoku and Kamio faced each other again, Sengoku would win.
So whilst Sengoku conceded 4 games to Richard Sakata, Kamio Akira achieved Mojuu no Aura which gave a good boost to his abliities.
So they both improved.
It is more arguable that Mojuu no Aura provided a bigger boost than whatever allowed Sengoku to bt Richard Sakata 6-4.
If they played each other again, nothing suggests that Sengoku would defeat Kamio. I can't see why things have changed.

Sengoku just hasn't had his upgraded which he was owed back after his loss at Prefecturals.

I don'see anything bad about that. Sakata is a speed player, it's not that easy to win the first games against those guys. Krauser beat the crap out of Sakata, but he's a power player that was beating BM Kirihara.
Richard Sakata was pleased he could run in Zig-Zags after the Mountain Training.
So whilst Momoshiro came back with BJK, Sanada got 5 ball return, Tooyama got mass clones, Niou's illusons dramatically improved, Kawamura's technique for Hadoukyuu's sky-rocketed, Richard was satisfied with running in Zig-Zags?

I don't see how you could see the positives in a player losing four games to Richard Sakata.

Oh, and Sengoku should start serving, ("Lucky!", remember?).

Sengoku wins this, 7-6.
That's what he said. Right after he lost to Momoshiro. And then again to Kamio.

Ok I made it almost believable, give me a medal.
Good try, but he's just overdue an improvement. He stands little chance against the guy who forced Fuji to bring out a new counter.

What's to say Hirakoba hasn't improved? They are both in the 6th Court so they would have improved at a similar rate in that dead and forgotten court.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hirakoba Rin: 7 votes
Sengoku Kiyosumi: 2 votes

Winner: Hirakoba Rin

Status
Not open for further replies.