Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tooyama Kintarou

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Singles 1Ochi TsukimitsuTooyama Kintarou
TitleMental AssassinSuper Rookie of the West
SchoolHigh School 3rd YearShitenhouji 1st Year
Height226 cm151 cm
Weight???52 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleCounter PuncherAggressive Baseliner
TechniquesMachSuper Megaton Wonder Deluxe Yama Funka Serve
Super Ultra Great Delicious Daishaarin Yama Arashi

Serve order: Kintarou -> Ochi

This round ends on Sunday, September 23rd 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Ochi is considerably cooler.
However the Mach Serve should be countered once they reach the 5-5 mark with Clone Technique.

I believe he prepares clones before the serve, he can counter the serve eventually.
Also, Tooyama is said to have Super Strength, while Ochi doesn't really have strength.

That Super Yama Funka Serve looked damaging. Along with Clone Technique and Super Megaton blah blah Tooyama shouldnt lose.

So Tooyama 6-4 Ochi

But this is definetely a match I would love to see animated.
Most exciting match in this tournament so far for me.

LetalHawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Tooyama definitely. The only problem is Mach serve, Kintarou would deal with it if Atobe returned it second try. However, Kintarou's mental is really low, so he might have problems dealing with Ochi's mental pressure.

I'm going with Tooyama because he would destroy Ochi as he has no strength. 6-3 for Tooyama or 6-4.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
This depends entirely if Tooyama can break the serve. Ochi Mental Assassin also seem that it would be pretty effective against Kin-Chan. However, I don't see Ochi returning Kin-Chan new serve either. Eventually, Ochi arm should give out.

Tsukihime no uta

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it would be really close. Tooyama wins in the strength department, but Ochi wins in the Mental department.
Ochi's Mental pressure sorta ressembles Yukimuras Yips in a way. When yuki yipped Tooyama, he was utterly defeated, even though he is one known for amazing strength.
Ochi's serve would also be a big factor too.
Tooyamas serve was good too--- but even though it seemed like it scored on Hakamada, it really didnt phase him as he just did vanish the next points and started beating Tooyama.

I think Ochi could hold serve, as it seems he was never broken in the match except maybe in the very last set. Tooyama would prolly hold serve too, but might have a higher chance of being broken if the mental pressure gets to him.

Close match where I still can not determine a winner.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I think it would be really close. Tooyama wins in the strength department, but Ochi wins in the Mental department.
Ochi's Mental pressure sorta ressembles Yukimuras Yips in a way. When yuki yipped Tooyama, he was utterly defeated, even though he is one known for amazing strength.
Ochi's serve would also be a big factor too.
Tooyamas serve was good too--- but even though it seemed like it scored on Hakamada, it really didnt phase him as he just did vanish the next points and started beating Tooyama.

I think Ochi could hold serve, as it seems he was never broken in the match except maybe in the very last set. Tooyama would prolly hold serve too, but might have a higher chance of being broken if the mental pressure gets to him.

Close match where I still can not determine a winner.
That could mean that's because Hakamada strength is good. Ochi, on the other hand. got his racquet flying from just Kabaji's shot, which is no where Gin, and especially not equal to a shot more dangerous than that.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm thinking 6-2 or 6-3 Kintarou. The pressure won't be on Ochi's opponent here, but on Ochi as Ochi doesn't have the speed or power to counter Kintarou so there will be zero threat of Kintarou's serve being broken. With the clones, Kintarou eventually returns Mach if he couldn't do so from the start. Of course, Kintarou could perhaps KO Ochi with Daishaarin. :P

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nah Ochi's a weaklin in terms of power he would get Koe'd by one of Kintarou's techniques. 6-2 for Kin-chan

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If Ochi (and Mouri for that matter) were really that weak to power shots, why did Atobe tell Niou to switch back to Tezuka and not stay as Kabaji for the rest of the match as well? Seems like a much better choice to me if it was that simple.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If Ochi (and Mouri for that matter) were really that weak to power shots, why did Atobe tell Niou to switch back to Tezuka and not stay as Kabaji for the rest of the match as well? Seems like a much better choice to me if it was that simple.
I've already discussed with you that I don't think they're that weak to power shots and Kabaji's just a limited player, so he's more or less ineffective against them. However, Kintarou's power is on a whole new level above Kabaji's and while I'm not saying Kintarou will KO Ochi, Kintarou just has incredible speed and power, plus the clones, and Ochi can't stand up to that long term.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
However, Kintarou's power is on a whole new level above Kabaji's and while I'm not saying Kintarou will KO Ochi, Kintarou just has incredible speed and power, plus the clones, and Ochi can't stand up to that long term.
He doesn't need to. Clones aren't really effective against Mach since it's based on reaction, not court coverage, so that should still take games and Kintarou is probably weaker to pressure than Atobe and will eventually beat himself.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
He doesn't need to. Clones aren't really effective against Mach since it's based on reaction, not court coverage, so that should still take games and Kintarou is probably weaker to pressure than Atobe and will eventually beat himself.
Reaction also happen to be Kin-chan forte. Doesn't he jump back far enough to get a ball that supposedly should score during his one point match with Echizen? I think if Ochi is going to win this, he'll by Mental Assassination

TheShiraishi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasn't Mental Assassination caused by the pressure on Atobe to win? Kintaro's one of those "play for fun" guys who doesn't really care about winning. In fact, Chitose said his carefree attitude was why he was closest to TnK, not Echizen... so would Mental Assassination even work?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Reaction also happen to be Kin-chan forte. Doesn't he jump back far enough to get a ball that supposedly should score during his one point match with Echizen? I think if Ochi is going to win this, he'll by Mental Assassination
Yeah but that Twist Serve is much slower than Mach. Or at least I would assume so given that people usually at least see it and it doesn't just end up behind them.

EDIT: Actually that more shows a good movement speed, not reaction. If he had an awesome reaction time, he would have just hit it the first try like everyone else.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Kintaro's one of those "play for fun" guys who doesn't really care about winning.
Where does it say that he doesn't care about winning?

Last edited:

Hardy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I think 10 guys holding a racquet have a better chance of hitting a ball than just 1.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Thanks Kaoz,
Mental Pressure.
This match is 7-5 to Tooyama and would be an awesome match.

Tooyama is an idiot. His Mental just can't be high. His non-practical tactics of tennis show it.
Against Ryoma, he was throwing Stamina all around the place. He didn't play intuitively one bit.

Mental Pressure would take games from Kintaro's serve.

However, with Clone Technique, Kintaro can just begin releasing clones before the serve is made. We can't rule that out.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I'm thinking 6-2 or 6-3 Kintarou. The pressure won't be on Ochi's opponent here, but on Ochi as Ochi doesn't have the speed or power to counter Kintarou so there will be zero threat of Kintarou's serve being broken. With the clones, Kintarou eventually returns Mach if he couldn't do so from the start. Of course, Kintarou could perhaps KO Ochi with Daishaarin. :P
Its not all about power in this series.
Technique is shown to be able to handle power to a certain extent, and Ochi showed good court coverage with his height.
I think 6-2 is a bit much.
I'm going with 6-4 or even 7-5.
Mental Pressure should really get to Kintaro. He's an idiot on and off the court after all.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thanks Kaoz,
Mental Pressure.
This match is 7-5 to Tooyama and would be an awesome match.

Tooyama is an idiot. His Mental just can't be high. His non-practical tactics of tennis show it.
Against Ryoma, he was throwing Stamina all around the place. He didn't play intuitively one bit.

Mental Pressure would take games from Kintaro's serve.

However, with Clone Technique, Kintaro can just begin releasing clones before the serve is made. We can't rule that out.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Its not all about power in this series.
Technique is shown to be able to handle power to a certain extent, and Ochi showed good court coverage with his height.
I think 6-2 is a bit much.
I'm going with 6-4 or even 7-5.
Mental Pressure should really get to Kintaro. He's an idiot on and off the court after all.
For sure, only Ochi would win games thanks to Mach and his mental pressure. If you think about it, Kintarou's mental should be 1 or 2 at most as he doesn't seem to have enough mental strength to at least fight the pressure. However, he could overcome it tough or destroy Ochi's hands with power shots.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
For sure, only Ochi would win games thanks to Mach and his mental pressure. If you think about it, Kintarou's mental should be 1 or 2 at most as he doesn't seem to have enough mental strength to at least fight the pressure. However, he could overcome it tough or destroy Ochi's hands with power shots.
I think people are underestimating Kintarou's mental too much. The only time that his mental was destroy was due to yips. And Yips will probably destroy 90%+ of the players mental. The only players who wouldn't get crush by it would be the top HSs, and MSs only. Yukimura has stated when he saw Echizen fighting Yips that most players would already give up, and that's probably true.

If players play and can't even touch Rai, would you guys say their speed sucks? It probably doesn't. Yips is so far the strongest mental crushing tech in the entire series, at least on top of my head. If anyone think any other tech is more mind crushing than not having your 5 senses, please tell me.

He's also under pressure from his other two matches, but I don't see him givings ways to those two.

Last edited:

Tsukihime no uta

Reaction score
Country
United States
We all know kintaro is a play for fun kinda character, but he was still susceptible to YIPS against Yuki. Here it shows his mental is a weakness that can be exploited.

But Ken has a good arguement about Yuki pretty much would YIP almost anything standing.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I
He's also under pressure from his other two matches, but I don't see him givings ways to those two.
If Atobe dropped like 2 games from it, unless you are suggesting Tooyama has a higher Mental than Atobe, then Tooyama should drop a game or two it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.