[Round 2 - Team 1 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Marui/Kite vs Tachibana/Chitose | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 2 - Team 1 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Marui/Kite vs Tachibana/Chitose

Who will win?

• Marui Bunta/Kite Eishirou

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Doubles 1Marui Bunta
Kite Eishirou
Tachibana Kippei
Chitose Senri
Title -
Hitman
Wings of Kyuushu
SchoolRikkai Dai Fuzoku 3rd Year
Higa 3rd Year
Fudomine 3rd Year
Shitenhouji 3rd Year
Height164 cm
179 cm
179 cm
194 cm
Weight62 kg
72 kg
67 kg
81 kg
Dominant HandRight
Left
Right
Left
PlaystyleServe and Volley
All Rounder
All Rounder
All Rounder
TechniquesTsunawatari
Tecchu Ate
Jikansa Jigoku
Shukuchihou
Big Bang
Giant Habu
Abare Jishi
Abare Dama
Moujuu no Aura
Kamikakushi
Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami
Moujuu no Synchro

Serve order: Tachibana -> Kite -> Chitose -> Marui

This round ends on Sunday, September 30th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Right now, Marui/Kite haven't shown enough, so even with some idea of a bonus, especially as Marui/Kite don't make a very good/loyal partnership seemingly, there's no way that I can give this to them.

After next month's SPoT, I'd give Marui/Kite possibly a better chance depending on what happens, but as of now and with a "reasonable improvement," WoK win 6-2.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Tachibana can read Tightrope Walking. Considering he managed to catch it when Chitose used it in Muga against him.
I see Tachibana/Chitose winning this. Especially since with all this time since they last played, they should have been able to use Mojuu no Synchro on demand by now.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Bunta+Kite wins. No matter how I looked at it, a team that's giving genius 10 a good match right now won't lose to a team who lose to the third court. There's just no way.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tachibana would take a dump on Kite, and Chitose has Muga, so he can do everything both Bunta and Kite can do. It's a no-brainer for me. Tachibana/Chitose win.

Tsukihime no uta

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would not say that the genius 10 is really having a hard time with them right now. First set 6-3 if I recall. But there is still plenty of match to go. Overall, I think the WoK would take this match since all players are around the same level, but the WoK have better doubles skill. 6-4 WoK the victor.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I would not say that the genius 10 is really having a hard time with them right now. First set 6-3 if I recall. But there is still plenty of match to go. Overall, I think the WoK would take this match since all players are around the same level, but the WoK have better doubles skill. 6-4 WoK the victor.
I don't think it simply works that way. WoK lose 7-6 to 3rd court. 3rd court lose 6-0 to 1str stringer reserve player. It is said the genius 10 have BIG gap above 11-20. I just don't see that as even.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
WoK. Tachibana can return Tightrope Walking and is much better than Kite, Marui with his other Myougis could get points, I don't see them returning Abare Dama. Also, Chitose's Kamikakushi would also work. Also, Chitose can use Muga and copy their own techniques, neither Kite or Marui could stand against Muga No Kyouchi. With Mojuu No Synchro, WoK dumps on Marui/Kite, they don't have anything that strong to fight. 6-3 or 6-2 to WoK.

@Ken, what doesn't make you think that WoK won't defeat Tohno/Kimijima? For sure their doubles skill and own level should be much higher than when the shuffle match happened. If they have Mojuu No synchro, that I believe it should be equal or stronger than regular synchro, what doesn't make you think they could win against those G10 members? They're much better players than Kite/Marui, both of them.

Last edited:

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Had Marui and Kite played court 3 instead of WoK, they would have lost as well. Different time period, different skill level.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Had Marui and Kite played court 3 instead of WoK, they would have lost as well. Different time period, different skill level.
... You know, it's most likely less than a week. And by that time loser seemingly beat 2nd court 6-0. If WoK can improve, others can improve as well. There's nothing that shows that in the manga that can prove that WoK gotten to genius 10 level so far. Based only the new tier given in the manga that we've seen so far after 1st stringer, there's no way that WoK can win in this match. Otherwise, all 50 MS as well as any characters in the camp can be argue to 6-0 any genius 10. Different time period right? How about Horio 6-0 Shuuji? I mean.. Now, that is literally forever since we last saw him play. He could have improve so much. Secret training, you know.

It look likes too much people are just giving undue credit anyways, so WoK are probably going to win. And they lost with Beast Syncho against 3rd court. We don't even see Beast Syncho. So people are just assuming that Beast Syncho is the new awesome techniques that make it an auto-win.

Forget it, I'm just gonna vote for my favorite characters from now on. Judging from Jirou/WoK match from first round, looks like that's the way things work instead of actual thing we saw in the manga anyways.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
People need to be easy with the improvement crap too.
They havent been in this camp for more than two weeks.

Secondly, the guys who have improved rapidly have been shown or mentioned.
And none of them are WoK.

WoK might not be able to use Mojuu no Synchro on demand. And if they can't, then it isnt about who are the better Singles Players, since that doesn't always work with PoT.

Kite has god defense.
Marui has miracle volleys.

Tight Rope walking can be anticipated by Tachibana as he has shown, but the threat of Iron Pole and Temporal Difference Hell is a lot larger than Tightrope Walking.
Kite has two solid serves he can choose between.

I doubt Abare Dama can be hit against a Habu. Kamikakushi can't work for than a point against 'em since Marui is a chicken and will dodge, and Kite will be able to handle it soon enough if Washio returned it.

Would be nice seeing Kite facing Chitose or Tachibana however in the series. Battle of the Kyushu warriors.

WoK would win but it definetely won't be an ass-kicking.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
is beast synchro allowed? it was just talked about and not shown.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You don't see anything.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As a blanket response to anyone saying it's been under a week or two since the third court shuffle match, it's been at least 20 days, if not 21 or 22 days, since the return of the BJB because they're told that there will be practice matches for 20 days.
For 10 days, and 5 shuffles per day, so 50 matches in total per person from that.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
For 10 days, and 5 shuffles per day, so 50 matches in total per person from that.
I had a feeling that something was wrong with my post, but I was just going to go with it and didn't bother checking. :(

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubles in POT is not a function of the individual strength. Synchro is the trump card, and Tachibana and Chitose can potentially have better than normal synchro while there's no indication Marui and Kite can synchro. Even if both team can't use synchro, the 7-6 margin WoK lost to court 3 is the closest margin for a non synchro team versus synchro team that didn't involve people passing out. I assume synchro dominance over non-synchro is absolute. The Golden Pair are nowhere near the top individually but they dominate double teams when they're in synchro, so even if court 3 is a weak doubles team, the fact that they can synchro puts them unfathomably ahead of all non-synchro team. Yes, it's possible Marui/Kite is the one non synchro team that can defeat a synchro team, but they just haven't shown enough to pull it off. You'd probably need a team like Tezuka/Atobe and even in that case, Atobe ended up synchroninzing with himself and they weren't playing a synchro team either.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Like I said FrostyMouse, Day 1 - Tiebreaks and split into losers and winners, Day 2 was like Team Shuffle and BJB return.
Next day it's said there will be 10 days of 5 shuffle matches.

1st Stringers arrive, 11-20 get fodderized.
A day goes by to take in the fact they got their asses kicked and Byoudouin bullies Tokugawa and Ryoma with Ryoga saving them.
And G10 challenge the next day. So maybe just a day or two over a couple weeks at the very most.

Only a few people are making significant and rapid improvement. Marui and Kite aren't one of them which is true. Besides the apparent Mojuu no Synchro that we don't know if it is even mastered, WoK aren't one of them either.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Like I said FrostyMouse, Day 1 - Tiebreaks and split into losers and winners, Day 2 was like Team Shuffle and BJB return.
Next day it's said there will be 10 days of 5 shuffle matches.
This isn't accurate either I fear. Let me pull up the log...

Sai (17:23:38): so far we know that somehting like 5 days passed from the start of the series till the revolution chapter
Kaoz (17:23:58): 5 days? how do you figure?
Sai (17:24:08): that's what the timeline said >.>;;
Kaoz (17:24:18): oh >_>;;
Sai (17:24:31): first day, Middle School enters
Sai (17:24:54): 2nd day Shuffle match Momo vs. Oni and the middle school tie breakers
Sai (17:25:11): he losers do the mountain climbing
Sai (17:25:13): and such
Sai (17:25:22): that night they sneak in for Mifune's Sake
Sai (17:25:34): sorry 3 days not 5
Sai (17:26:02): day 3 is the sportsman hunt
Sai (17:27:40): and we know in the mean time during all of this they had something like 3 shuffle matches from the pair puri
Sai (17:27:46): so yeah nm, back to 5 days
Sai (17:29:39): if you count day 3 as the start of those shuffles, then we know at least 3 days have passed since the revolution chapter
Sai (17:29:48): since the revolution takes place end of day 3
Sai (17:30:06): 2 known shuffles from pair puri
Sai (17:30:20): and then the shuffle at the beginning of the chapter for court 5 vs. 3
Sai (17:30:28): which is 1 day
Sai (17:30:44): then the day after is the current match of 3-5
Sai (17:31:06): so from there we know it's at least 6 days since the start of the series
Kaoz (17:31:11): but why do you assume that all the shuffle matches mentioned in the pair puris were on the same day?
Sai (17:31:18): I dont
Sai (17:31:40): but they started the day of the revolution chapter, since day 2 already had it's shuffles
Sai (17:31:49): so day 3 is the first pair puri shuffle
Sai (17:32:06): which is taking place same time as the sportsman hunt/revolution chapter
Sai (17:32:20): day 4 is the day after and the 2nd shuffle from pair puri
Sai (17:32:26): day 5 is the third
Sai (17:32:52): since it's established shuffles only happened once per day
Kaoz (17:33:15): yeah, but the pair puri could have displayed shuffle match results from multiple days
Sai (17:33:24): so the beginning shuffle we see with tachibana and shiraishi moving to 5th can happen on a minimum of Day 6
Sai (17:33:49): the pair puri results were per day
Sai (17:33:53): said so in the book
Kaoz (17:33:56): ic
Sai (17:33:59): they were all end of day results
Kaoz (17:34:08): k
Sai (17:34:24): so the Team Shuffle can happen at a minimum of Day 7

So the team shuffle is D7, from there on it's 10 days until the 1st Stringers return, so D17. Then another day for the 11-20, meaning the G10 matches are at least 18 days after the camp started.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
The manga never once said days had gone by between each shuffle.
Although if the Pair Puri's said so instead of the manga I'll go with that.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

But the Pair Puri's say ''________ Do not have a match at this time''.
If I could be given a link to where it says one shuffle a day.
Not that I don't believe it but there has been no mention of many days going by from their arrival to the Team Shuffle.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
But the Pair Puri's say ''________ Do not have a match at this time''.
If I could be given a link to where it says one shuffle a day.
Not that I don't believe it but there has been no mention of many days going by from their arrival to the Team Shuffle.
It also says that there is only one set of Shuffle matches per day at the bottom, during the morning before practice. Since we got three rankings, it means that three days must have passed.

---------- Post added September 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was September 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

Marui Bunta/Kite Eishirou: 1 vote
Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri: 10 votes

Winner: Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

Status
Not open for further replies.