[Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Yagyuu/Krauser | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Yagyuu/Krauser

Who will win?

• Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Doubles 1Taira Yoshiyuki
Momoshiro Takeshi
Yagyuu Hiroshi
Liliadent Krauser
TitleSmiling Sharpshooter
-
Gentleman
Iceman
SchoolHigh School 2nd Year
Seishun Gakuen 2nd Year
Rikkai Dai Fuzoku 3rd Year
Nagoya Seitoku 1st Year
Height???
170 cm
177 cm
186 cm
Weight???
58 kg
64 kg
73 kg
Dominant HandLeft
Right
Right
Right
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner
Aggressive Baseliner
Serve and Volley
Aggressive Baseliner
TechniquesBakyuun
Dunk Smash
Black Jack Knife
Laser Beam
Curved Laser
Hopping Ball
Southern Cross

Serve order: Yagyuu -> Momoshiro -> Krauser -> Taira

This round ends on Wednesday, October 3rd 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Taira has Bakyuun, I don't see Yagyuu returning it, Krauser has a 5 in power. Momo has BJK, Yagyuu and Krauser won't return it. Yagyuu's curve laser might be a problem for Momo/Taira, but eventually they should return it, but Krauser has insane power and Cruficixion, however, he was owned by Nakagauchi, and Nakagauchi was owned by Date. Taira is 1st court level, Nakagauchi won't defeat Taira, as 3rd court level players got stomped. Momo could break Yagyuu's wrists, but the problem is if they can hold their ground against Krauser shots and Yagyuu's curved laser, that I think they can return. Also, if Nakagauchi dodged it, I think Taira should be able to. My vote goes to Taira/Momo 7-6 or 6-4

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Black Jack Knife just seems to be a way stronger move than anything the other 3 characters have so Taira/Momoshiro wins for just having a G10 level move.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Krauser lost to 3rd court who got stomp by 1st stringer. This leaves this match up to Yagyuu, and I don't see Yagyuu returning both BJK and Bakyuun.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
BJK even stomps Taira and Taira's shown abilities above both Yagyuu and Krauser. Sure, Momo's not the most mobile character around, but BJK is just beastly. Taira/Momo win 6-0 if the match is completed, but I see this as a match where Momo damages someone's wrists with BJK/hurts them (even though he doesn't have the same level of power as Oni, he should be able to do a little bit) and Krauser runs out of steam. Both BJK and Bakyuun break the strings of rackets, and neither of Yagyuu/Krauser can do anything about that.

I like Yagyuu, but Laser and Curved Laser aren't enough to get anything done here.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Then total domination of Taira/Momo as BJK and Bakyuun are too much for Krauser and Yagyuu. Both Momo and Taira have more stamina than Yagyuu/Krauser and Momo more power as BjK is going to kill Krauser and Yagyuu. Krauser won't hit neither Taira or Momo with Hb, Nakagauchi perfectly dodged it and Taira is 1st string level who would have probably stomped Nakagauchi and Momo defeated Taira, so Krauser is useless here. Curved laser won't work that much, maybe he can take at least one game but BJK will damage their wrists. I change the result, Momo/Taira win 6-1.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Then total domination of Taira/Momo as BJK and Bakyuun are too much for Krauser and Yagyuu. Both Momo and Taira have more stamina than Yagyuu/Krauser and Momo more power as BjK is going to kill Krauser and Yagyuu.
Okay, Momoshiro's stamina has been portrayed to be near Kaidoh's.
But Taira? Didn't seem like the endurance man. No proof Taira has more stamina than Yagyuu, although we know Krauser has weak stamina.

Krauser won't hit neither Taira or Momo with Hb, Nakagauchi perfectly dodged it and Taira is 1st string level who would have probably stomped Nakagauchi and Momo defeated Taira, so Krauser is useless here. Curved laser won't work that much, maybe he can take at least one game but BJK will damage their wrists. I change the result, Momo/Taira win 6-1.
I don't think Taira would ''stomp'' Nakagauchi too much. Taira is a one-trick-pony like Hakamada is.
Taira is Bakyuun and nothing much else.
Krauser will definetely land Taira at least once with Southern Cross. Taira couldn't even move out of the way of BJK which took out Hara and Taira in one shot.

Taira/Momoshiro to win though. But it won't be a complete shut-out. Krauser will hurt somebody. And Yagyuu's laser will take a game or two until Yagyuu is brave enough to try and return a BJK. Then he or Krauser die.

Arcanix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even though Krauser has power, Momo's BJK will whip him. The BJK would probably break Yagyuu's wrists if he tried to return it, but he's smart enough not to try unless he has a trick up his sleeve. Taira isn't anything special, but he'd get the job done.
Yagyuu's laser would pretty troublesome though, I'd wager that could take a couple games.
Southern Cross would not be enough to put down Taira or Momo (Maybe Taira), but BJK > Southern Cross, so this match goes to Taira/Momo, 6-2

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless stated otherwise it's pretty safe to assume going from middle schooler -> court 3 -> court 1 -> G11-20 -> G10 gets you increasing level of physical stats. Irie, who is presumably a G10 tier character, has a stamina rating of 2 but shrugged off a triple digit tiebreaker against the stamina 5 Atobe, reinforcing the fact that higher tier characters just simply have better physical stats for no apparent reason.

Taira's tier (G11-20) is much higher than his two opponents, and since his two opponents hasn't showed any recent improvements he must be assumed to have far superior base stats than either of the two.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I could be alone on this, but my instincts say Yagyuu/Krauser. Yagyuu is definitely on or above Taira's level, and I do not (nor ever will) consider Momo to be anywhere near top 10 level. I do not care if he stole Oni's technique. That doesn't mean it is as good as Oni's. A BJK from Momo is not Rai. I can see Krauser being able to return it with 5 power. Krauser will counter Momo, and Yagyuu will counter Taira. It is not a blowout by any stretch of the imagination. I go with Yagyuu/Krauser 7-6

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
A BJK from Momo is not Rai.
What?

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I can see Krauser being able to return it with 5 power. Krauser will counter Momo, and Yagyuu will counter Taira. It is not a blowout by any stretch of the imagination. I go with Yagyuu/Krauser 7-6
Krauser who couldn't counter DM!Kirihara?
Taira's technique still does damage to racket strings.

It could be a shutout. As if Yagyuu and Krauser could handle constant BJK's.

TheShiraishi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I gotta ask, what's to say a Southern Cross wouldn't KO Taira or Momo?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It took 3 games for the Southern Cross to become active.
What's to say Krauser's wrists will last consecutive BJK's?
What's to say Bakyuun doesn't bust the racket strings of Krauser.

Although I expect Curving Laser + Laser combo and HB to do damage.
I agree now, it shouldn't be a shutout.

But Taira/Momoshiro to win this.
This is a battle of One-Trick-Ponies.
The main issue is HB takes 3 games to become Southern Cross.
Bakyuun and BJK are just really high.

I reckon Taira and Yagyuu will go head-to-head. But BJK is just that good.
And nothing suggests it is too significantly weaker than Oni's. Momo is known to be powerful.

This would definetely be a good match however.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I gotta say, what makes you think southern cross can even be hit on the first place? Krauser won't be able to hit it on the ball that Taira and Momo hit AT all, since his racquet will be hole and his hand will break as soon as he hits it. Yes, that's both enemy.

The only way he can hit it is that he can hit Cross on serve. I don't think he can.

The only hope Krauser/Yagyuu pair have for them is Yagyuu. That's all.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Krauser and Yagyuu get killed with maybe two or three BJK, unless Yagyuu can quickly hit laser, then I don't think he could do that much.

Krauser could use hopping ball, but I see Momo and Taira holding their ground, and resisting the shots, and BjK would also damage Krauser wrists. Bakyuun also breaks their racket strings, Momo and Taira win this comfortably. Taira and Momo far exceed Krauser in stamina and power, only Yagyuu could do damage to them or take a game or two, until Momo hits BJK and kills their wrists.

TheShiraishi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It took 3 games for the Southern Cross to become active.
What's to say Krauser's wrists will last consecutive BJK's?
What's to say Bakyuun doesn't bust the racket strings of Krauser.
Hmmm that makes sense. I know Taira/Momo would win but I'm just trying to give Yagyuu/Krauser a chance. From what I remember, Southern Cross only took 3 games because Hopping Ball requires a cord ball in order to be hit. I know Yagyuu is capable of setting up and manipulating the opponent's return so it's a possibility. All I'm saying is Southern Cross is a KO so *if* Krauser could use it once Yagyuu/Krauser would win.

Regardless, BJK FTW :D

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see why Taira/Momoshiro can't just return Southern Cross with their power move.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love how people instantly assume Momo and Taira can return southern cross because they are strong, but Krauser (who probably has more power than both of them) returning any of their shots? How absurd! We can't be partial in our judgments. BJK is not Rai. Meaning, it is returnable with the right power.

Airgrimes said:
Krauser who couldn't counter DM!Kirihara?
Momo who would have gotten shat on by regular Kirihara? If you assume Nationals status on one character, you have to assume it on the other to be fair. If Momo improves, Krauser does too.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Momo who would have gotten shat on by regular Kirihara? If you assume Nationals status on one character, you have to assume it on the other to be fair. If Momo improves, Krauser does too.
We saw Krauser's improvement.
Momoshiro's improvement was immense too.
G10!Momoshiro >> TeamShuffle!Krauser.

Krauser at the Team Shuffle shouldn't hold a candle to Momoshiro.
That whole Nature Insight thing he has, combined with BJK, lol.

BJK secondly, I doubt is simply about Power. I reckon there is a little bit more to it.
The PP's mention Backspin is involved.

You're almost removing improvement from Momoshiro. Since when was he weak? With BJK, there is no indication that his BJK is significantly weaker than Oni's.
It took out Hara/Taira in one shot.
Momoshiro > Krauser everyday.

SC requires a Cord Ball lol. HB really should be returned by Jack Knife. Momoshiro is excellent at creating openings for himself.

I love how people instantly assume Momo and Taira can return southern cross because they are strong, but Krauser (who probably has more power than both of them) returning any of their shots? How absurd! We can't be partial in our judgments. BJK is not Rai. Meaning, it is returnable with the right power.
So you believe BJK in a direction away from Krauser won't take games?
Momoshiro is good. he can change between Jack Knifing, Smashing and Drop shots at the last moment.
Adding in all aspects to Momoshiro's game, from what we saw from Krauser, Krauser's game is too simple to defeat the current Momo.

As if Krauser can catch drop shots well with his ok speed.
Momoshiro is known for power so I doubt he is below a 4 in that stat.
Secondly, the BJK should be returning HB comfortably, so the opportunity to make a grave post should take even longer.

Bakyuun on top of BJK? Krauser needs conditions for SC and HB. He is the weak link in the match.

I love how people instantly assume Momo and Taira can return southern cross
I believe Taira will let Momo handle HB, as SC takes a good while to prepare, and Taira will have a head-on with Yagyuu.

Yagyuu/Krauser can't really win this.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi: 12 votes
Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser: 1 vote

Winner: Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

Status
Not open for further replies.