[Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 2] Amane vs Yamato | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 2] Amane vs Yamato

Who will win?

• Amane Hikaru

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yamato Yuudai

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Singles 2Amane HikaruYamato Yuudai
SchoolRokkaku 2nd YearHigh School 2nd Year
Height180 cm182 cm
Weight69 kg68 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleAggressive BaselinerTechnical Counter Puncher
Techniques - Gen'U Yume Utsutsu

Serve order: Yamato -> Amane

This round ends on Wednesday, October 3rd 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yamato's technique seems to be pretty much useless against most people just for the fact that most people lack Tezuka's ability to predict an opponent's moves that precisely. If you're not even trying to predict an opponent's moves why would it matter if you're seeing false information? Yamato's baseline stat (2 in everything) is just way too low if his technique doesn't work.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I think it works against the majority of the MSers.
Most of the MSers are good enough to predict where there opponent will swing.
Its quite a simple concept that should trick anybody who is somewhat good at tennis.

TheShiraishi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasn't there a Pair Puri that said Amane got some new technique? Acrobatics?

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it works against the majority of the MSers.
Most of the MSers are good enough to predict where there opponent will swing.
Its quite a simple concept that should trick anybody who is somewhat good at tennis.
It's true everyone probably does some level of prediction but there's still hand-eye coordination because the average POT guys clearly can't predict anywhere near 100% certainty, so obviously you got to be able to react to things you didn't predict.

Take Inui, who is a pretty good example of playing predicative tennis. You'd often see him say things like: "90% chance ball goes this way", and sometimes you'll see the ball not go the way he predicted, but he'd just run to the ball and try to save it (may or may not be successful). After all, if you predict there's a 90% chance the ball is coming one way that means there's still a 10% chance you'll be wrong. Sure predicting the wrong thing probably means you return the shot poorly, but since Yamato has a staggering low stat (2 in everything) and no other offensive techniques, he can't really make much use of these opportunities. To put it another way, it seems like any decent middle schooler ought to be able to beat someone with a 2 in all stats without predicting anything. Tezuka is a special case because according to the match, he's always predicting things and he's so accurate that he never consider the possibility that he might be wrong. For everyone else, who clearly can't predict with 100% certainty, they'd just use reflex + hand/eye coordination to deal with Yamato.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i'm in the agreement that yamato knows tezuka's innate ability and therefore was able to use his illusion technique on him. it wouldnt work on other people., but i wonder how a 2,,2,2,2,2, stat person made it that far in u-17

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
i'm in the agreement that yamato knows tezuka's innate ability and therefore was able to use his illusion technique on him. it wouldnt work on other people., but i wonder how a 2,,2,2,2,2, stat person made it that far in u-17
I'm guessing he just told Irie he wanted to play Tezuka one last time early on in the camp so Irie used some pull to get him there. Even his stat sheet points out that his stats is nowhere near enough to be on court 3.

Everyone does some level of prediction in POT but only Tezuka seems to be 100% confident. For example in Irie versus Atobe, Irie had a bunch of prediction on where Atobe was going to hit the ball too, and most of them turned out to be wrong. He didn't just start crying on the floor because they were wrong. He attempted to cover his mistakes in predictions by simply running to where the ball is hit. For anyone who does not have 100% faith in their ability to predict the future this would be what they do against Yamato, and since Yamato lacks the stats to capitalize on mistakes, sooner or later whoever he's playing will just figure just play with him hand/eye coordination + reflex only and it'd be an easy win.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yamato's stats are way above 2/2/2/2/2 and Amane is a low level player. Even if GUYU doesn't work on Amane because Amane may not be at the level of predicting where his opponents hit, Yamato's just a better player and Amane is pretty weak, even his power doesn't get that much done.

A bagel for Yamato.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wasn't there a Pair Puri that said Amane got some new technique? Acrobatics?
I think it was Kurobane, not Amane. I don't remember what Pair Puri was.

I give the match to Yamato, he pushed Nationals!Tezuka to the point that he unlocked Tenimuhou, GUYU was hard for Tezuka to return. Amane will never, never, be able to do what Yamato did, also, he will never return GUYU, Yamato is stronger than him and even if he goes all out, Amane has no chance of winning. Yamato wins the match 6-0 really easy

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I think it was Kurobane, not Amane. I don't remember what Pair Puri was.

I give the match to Yamato, he pushed Nationals!Tezuka to the point that he unlocked Tenimuhou, GUYU was hard for Tezuka to return. Amane will never, never, be able to do what Yamato did, also, he will never return GUYU, Yamato is stronger than him and even if he goes all out, Amane has no chance of winning. Yamato wins the match 6-0 really easy
Correct it was Kurobane.
Yamato is definetely above his stats. Look at how easily he reacts to Tezuka's serve

Like I said, regardless of stats, most Msers in the series predict the course of their opponents shot naturally. Yamato purposely gives gestures he will hit a ball to the left, but hits it to the right.
http://www.mangareader.net/343-57582-1/new-prince-of-tennis/chapter-36.html

Arcanix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yamato without a doubt.
I'd say 6-1

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yamato's stats are way above 2/2/2/2/2 and Amane is a low level player. Even if GUYU doesn't work on Amane because Amane may not be at the level of predicting where his opponents hit, Yamato's just a better player and Amane is pretty weak, even his power doesn't get that much done.

A bagel for Yamato.
i thought the manga showed his stats in the beginning of one of the chapter vs tezuka. it was all low, but unwell rounded.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I do believe that Yamato's stats are 2/2/2/2/2 (and he's not faking it) and I also think that every Seigaku player right now would beat him (yes, incluiding Oishi). He was the captain of a crappy Seigaku and didn't show any tennis skills (he was cool though).

But, somehow, he got to a high court in this U-17 camp... and that's enough to make me think that he would win against Davide (he only has power and the long racquet's volleys). I think Yamato wins this, 6-3 or 6-4.

Kaoz are you trying to kill every single forgotten bro? Don't forget about Ibu and Kamio then lol.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I don't think Yamato stat was actually all 2. He got to 3rd court and was place as a higher singles player than the robot guy. That means he's stronger. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask Irie to let him play singles 2, as he say that right before the match. He also lost 6-4 to National Tezuka. That's a really good score.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I do believe that Yamato's stats are 2/2/2/2/2 (and he's not faking it) and I also think that every Seigaku player right now would beat him (yes, incluiding Oishi). He was the captain of a crappy Seigaku and didn't show any tennis skills (he was cool though).

But, somehow, he got to a high court in this U-17 camp... and that's enough to make me think that he would win against Davide (he only has power and the long racquet's volleys). I think Yamato wins this, 6-3 or 6-4.

Kaoz are you trying to kill every single forgotten bro? Don't forget about Ibu and Kamio then lol.
Look, the manga shows that up until this point, Yamato was hiding his true skills and Irie admits that he sort of thought Yamato was a bit of a bum, as he's a bit surprised that Yamato had something as impressive as GUYU up his sleeve.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Look, the manga shows that up until this point, Yamato was hiding his true skills and Irie admits that he sort of thought Yamato was a bit of a bum, as he's a bit surprised that Yamato had something as impressive as GUYU up his sleeve.
Nope, the manga shows that he was hiding GUYU from everyone, nothing else.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
David would not get a single point against Tezuka. Yamato wins easily.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Nope, the manga shows that he was hiding GUYU from everyone, nothing else.
This is just Irie's comment about GUYU. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c036/3.html

Now, the part I was referencing, the bit about the Man who Flows like the River, http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c037//, explains that Yamato's true potential can't be gauged, even more stating that his actual stats are way above 2/2/2/2/2. It's the small text on the info part.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
This is just Irie's comment about GUYU. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c036/3.html

Now, the part I was referencing, the bit about the Man who Flows like the River, http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c037//, explains that Yamato's true potential can't be gauged, even more stating that his actual stats are way above 2/2/2/2/2. It's the small text on the info part.
Completely missed that, then I have to say that Yamato is actually good...

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Completely missed that, then I have to say that Yamato is actually good...
:P

Yeah, so as you can see, Yamato's total really isn't 2/2/2/2/2.

It is possible that someone could have a great tech like GUYU but not have much in the way of stats, but Yamato definitely has some stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.