Sasuke's Teammates: Karin analysis | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Sasuke's Teammates: Karin analysis

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well its mighty early to be judging characters but hey this is a discussion forum and thats what we are meant to do.

Now I'm going to start with Karin. I don't know enough about her personality (though she seems to be an average girl) so I'm gonna start with her character design. Think about this, when you think back and think about the first bit of Karin what comes to mind. If your honest and I mean honest about this (and if you have XY chromosomes.) You will remember her ass. Now don't be ashamed, this is something that was cleverly planned out by Kishimoto. Now think once more what comes to mind when thinking of Karin guys (sorry I can't really connect with girls on girl characters), y'know what I remember? Her belly button. >.> Then of course her short shorts.

This character though has an average chest for a 15-18 year old and comes off as a nerd. The hair the glasses and way she tries to talk around Suigetsu are classic nerd behavior. So if she's such a nerd why do the guys find her hot? That my friends is because as otaku's we find nerds hot by nature. This is a clever plot used expertly by many mangaka in the past. My first example would be Hinata but thankfully for my analysis I have more examples (my english teacher says the more details the stronger the paper.)

Here's a classic manga known by many boys and girls and its called Love Hina, if you don't know the mangaka its Ken Akamutsu and he's currently doing Negima. Love Hina is a romantica comedy that put Kenny on the map. It had one guy living in his grandma's dormitory for girls. Each girl was beautifully drawn (should be too, Ken was a ****** artist so its his expertise.) The main girl Naru was hot (her first scene was nude in the shower.) So obviously the main character Keitaro had a monster crush on her. But to him she was just an angry girl, probably cus she beat his ass but w/e. His character began falling in love to Naru though shortly after finding out she was a hardcore nerd who studied endlessly. Instead of being turned off by the fact that she was smart he became more attracted. Thats what happens to us nerds, in the dormitory there were other girls, and later this really big chest, really dumb Mutsumi even confessed her love to Keitaro but to no luck. Otaku's find nerds hot.

Second example, Ichigo 100%. This manga was about an average boy that for some reason had three girls (later 4 but the last one doesn't really count) that were competing for the main characters heart. Manaka of course felt that he kinda loved all 3 of them but really couldn't make up his mind, fourth girl was unlucky in that Manaka didn't like her. The three were girls each unique. Aya Toujo was the ignored girl with glasses and her hair in a bun. And then when they take down her hair and take her glasses apparantly every one notices her "beauty" (and boobs.) Though she loves Manaka for discovering her, really just noticing her before her makeover. The other girl Tsukasa is a pretty girl that Manaka asks out as his first "girlfriend." She's always been beautiful in everyone's eyes. Lastly is Satsuki who has the best figure (in my opinion) who uses her body sluttly to win his affection. I won't tell you who he choses but the fans, us readers unanimously choice Aya as there favorite girl.

Now back to Karin. If Kishimoto is going to make a new team, after a bunch of fans have been raving at the mouth for some Rock Lee/ Hinata development he better make likable or barable characters at least. Suigetsu has the whole Zabuza is my teacher thing going for him and it also looks like he's very loyal to Sasuke (which in my book is a plus but i might talk later about him.) And Karin is who is competing with the likes of Sakura and Hinata for our affection. So what does Karin have for her? Her nerdiness! Even though as far as we can tell none of the characters are attracted to her the fans definately are and in the end that all who really matter.

I like short shorts so she's good in my book, though if she gets a skirt/pants she's ruined >.>

So thus concludes my first analysis of Karin.

Konkun

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

Uchiha Slayer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

DemonDays

Reaction score
Country
England

neji1988

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

neji1988

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States

ForteAnly

Reaction score
Country
United States

coolitman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hoppitydee

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Rahan

Reaction score
Country
France