Searching for a One Piece game name | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Searching for a One Piece game name

5il3nc3r

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the actual game's name (thus my topic). All I remember was that I saw a screenshot on the web somewhere about it. Probably in one of the (somewhat) recent chapters (the full color pages before the actual chapter).

The screenshot was of a Zoro vs Sanji fight. Zoro was holding Sanji up by the neck and sanji was covered in blood. I think it was a "Grand Adventure" or something but I'm absolutely not sure of that. It was for PS2 and I'm pretty sure it isn't out yet.

I liked what I saw because of the blood, it made me think that it was oriented for an older audience (not like the 4Kids shtuff). Oh, and they weren't "chibi". They were, more or less, full size characters.

Hope you guys can help :)

§ıĿ

La_Muerte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
i think it was called Battle for One Piece, thats the only one piece game that ive seen thats all full size with no chibis, i want it too

vlado

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
From what i researched it's called Grand Battle for One PIece or Fighting For One Piece

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is probably fighting for one piece. That was a steaming pile of poop.

5il3nc3r

Reaction score
Yes! It's Fighting for One Piece :)
Japanese Release Date: September 8th, 2005 (last year >.> )
US: Unreleased

... but I'm wondering if it will be released at all here, since 4Kids butchers every one piece game (that I know of) and since this one is especially violent, I wonder >.>

And I can't really get myself an imported version, because of the DVD region thing :(

Gotta hope for the best and wish that (however unlikely it seems) some other group does the one piece import to US

And thanks for the replies ppl ^.^

§ıĿ

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
you dont want to play it. It is trash, but i assume somewhere down the line it might be released.

5il3nc3r

Reaction score
Aw really? :(

Why is it so?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
well, im not a fighting game buff but i have played a few in my day and this just plays horribly. It isnt fun to play like the grand battle games are. If they made it like Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen then it would be so much better. That fighting system is fun. Also, in fighting for one piece, the characters all play alike so there is no real difference. I didnt play for that long because i couldnt stand it.

5il3nc3r

Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the comments :)

Guess I won't try to get it then.

But it would be nice if there actually was a One Piece game that's more PG-13 or 16 even >.>

A Soul Calibur (2/3) One Piece (complete with the "story mode" where you'd fight your way through battles to get upgrades (different clothes that provide better protection, new weapons (nami's staff/clima tact/perfect clima tact or Zoro's generic swords/kitetsu/etc.) to eventually get to One Piece! (even though nobody knows what it's supposed to look like, they could just make it up to W7 or maybe even all the way to Enies Lobby and after the last fight: "To Be Continued" XD

Hey, a guy can wish
§ıĿ

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
if they made the game like soul calibur than it would be godly. However, this is no soul calibur

vlado

Reaction score
Sould calibur peps wold sue they asses opened :D

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
I said like soul calibur. They could make the necessary changes to make it different enough... or at least they better because if they release another more realistic one piece came it can't be shit like the last one

5il3nc3r

Reaction score
lol
*imagines a "Real people" One Piece movie (I know there's a fansite about it, I saw it) XD *

They obviously need to keep the anime style. Hopefully not Cellshading however.

§ıĿ

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
well, i meant realistic in a sense that it is 3-D and not 2-D and they aren't super deformed.

5il3nc3r

Reaction score
Well, 3D might be nice, but people aren't used to seeing One Piece in 3D (except for the Going Merry in some intro).

And another thing: They should keep the japanese voices (or at least give the choice) with or without english subs. And they should nuke 4Kids >.> (at least for anything One Piece related)
Graphic Violence (Pg-13)

§ıĿ

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree that they should have an option for japanese or english. I mean capcom does it with some of their games. However, i dont watch 4kid's One Piece so i dont care what they do as long as it doesnt affect the japanese version

princesscupincakes

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
You're a physic or something 5il3nc3r, I was JUST thinking about that Vgcats comic!

5il3nc3r

Reaction score
Well, it just happens that I'm a big fan of VGCats, and that particular strip stuck with me cuz I thought the same thing.

§ıĿ