Second Round: Battle Royale 7 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round: Battle Royale 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkprince0521

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
if showing is everything; then why don't we declare Luffy as the winner of the tournament?

Pigov

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
ever heard of a "middle way"? Polemics wont do any good here :P

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
ever heard of a "middle way"? Polemics wont do any good here :P
what is your middle way? i am just seeing you assume too; the same can be said about us. the only difference is i am assuming a different person to be stronger.

and Drake has shown to be strong is really overestimation. once he lost a battle big time; another time he fought (and won) against some random island guard of a Yonkou.

and Lucky Roo hasn't shown anything except being Shank's primary crew-mate. for me that's enough, seeing other primary crew-mates of the Yonkous. if Whitebeard, Big Mom can have overwhelmingly strong mates; then i see no reason for Shanks to not have one. unless it is not shown otherwise, I have no reason to believe that Lucky Roo is the only weak primary crew-mate of a Yonkou.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
how nice that i voted on ability not on reputation... saves me the discussion :D

Pigov

Reaction score
Country
Germany
calm down darkprince, i never said you arent allowed to have your own oppinion ;) You and impossibility on the other hand are downright opposing everyone not agreeing with you and try to make them look stupid.
And like i said in the beginning, my vote was just made to avoid having the finals consit of 20 guys who never showed anything, but are rumored and expected to be strong. So yes, i kinda expect lucky roo to be stronger than drake, still, i am not jumping the "yonkou crewmate pawns all" train, until he proved me otherwise.
Ihmo, and thats really just me, i think oda made the supernovas for the sole purpose to show how strong you can grow over 2 years, while i expect every other strong character, be it yonkou, shishibukai or admiral, to remain around their powerlevel.
So we can see the power gap closing between secondary characters (smoker f.e.) and supernovas on the one, and top class fighters on the other hand. At least thats what i wish it to be like.

So in the end, we are all just guessing.
A good example of how diverse oppinions can be on that matter is Mr.Arashi´s post on page one...
Ray and Drake are my options... if you guess that Roo has Haki, it means i can say that Drake has the very power to oppose against a Yonko, and Roo is an underling of one.
Thats probably the full range in within we can argue. :P

Last edited:

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
calm down darkprince, i never said you arent allowed to have your own oppinion ;) You and impossibility on the other hand are downright opposing everyone not agreeing with you and try to make them look stupid.
And like i said in the beginning, my vote was just made to avoid having the finals consit of 20 guys who never showed anything, but are rumored and expected to be strong. So yes, i kinda expect lucky roo to be stronger than drake, still, i am not jumping the "yonkou crewmate pawns all" train, until he proved me otherwise.
Ihmo, and thats really just me, i think oda made the supernovas for the sole purpose to show how strong you can grow over 2 years, while i expect every other strong character, be it yonkou, shishibukai or admiral, to remain around their powerlevel.
So we can see the power gap closing between secondary characters (smoker f.e.) and supernovas on the one, and top class fighters on the other hand. At least thats what i wish it to be like.

A good example of how diverse oppinions can be on that matter is Mr.Arashi´s post on page one...

I agree with what you're saying. I just got annoyed by one of the comments earlier that referred to my first comment:

Repuation and status cant win a whole tournament. Thats such a stupid argument!
What we did see from Roo was, that he eats a lot and can use a pistol.
What we did see from Drake was a fight against a pacifister, stopping the fight between Uruoge and Killer, transforming into a T-Rex with his DF and starting a fight with Kaidous men - and since then, two years has passed!
I give Drake also a bounty over 400mio, and in this fight, I give him 2nd place, because we saw much more from him, than from Roo, and I am sure he also will have a important role in future.
I felt the need to be somewhat argumentative after that.

Last edited:

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
the funny part is, we didn't call anything stupid; rather some other person did.

Repuation and status cant win a whole tournament. Thats such a stupid argument!

about guessing thing,

would I guess Lucky Roo to be strong? yes, i would. would i guess Lucky Roo to be stronger than average pirate? yes, i would again. would i guess Lucky Roo to be stronger than Supernova? a general answer would be, yes, i would. would i guess Lucky Roo to be stronger than Mihawk? no, i wouldn't. did Mihawk showed anything much? no, he didn't. yet his reputation proceeds him. would i guess Lucky Roo to be stronger than Akainu? no, i wouldn't. my imagination is within limit, with facts.

the bottomline is, even reputation would take someone so far as it would seem reasonable, not beyond that.

it is true, we all are guessing. i am guessing on Roo's status, many are guessing on Drake turning into a dinosaur. if i seemed to be rude, then all i can do is apologize for that.

about Mr. Arashi's comment; Luffy has opposed Big Mom too, so that means he has very power to oppose a Yonkou? like Whitebeard or Shanks?

Last edited:

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Well...

The thing is that Drake hasn't shown much. You may say that neither has Lucky Roo. But in that case, we have to go off of some point, and that is their general ranking.

Drake was a Read Admiral, which is below Vice Admiral. He got taken out by a Pacifista right away, he couldn't even put up a fight. We haven't seen anything else from him, and that's all we have to go off of now (the guy on the snowy island that Drake met showed no indication that he was a main member of Kaidou's crew, nor did we even see Drake beating him). Did he get stronger after 2 years? Who knows where he's at, we can't go based off how strong we would like him to have gotten.

Lucky Roo, at least, is a main member of Shanks' crew. His fellow crewmmate, Ben Beckman, was able to make Kizaru put his hands in the air just by pointing a gun at him. And Marco, another main crewmember of a Yonkou, was able to put up a good fight against Kizaru for quite a while. So we can at least estimate Lucky Roo to be somewhere around their strength. Maybe higher, maybe lower, who knows. But it's reasonable to say somewhere in that ballpark.

And based off that, Drake isn't in the same league. I know we don't like voting for people who haven't been shown doing much, but I can't see a compelling reason why Drake should be rated above Lucky Roo, based off of what we've seen.

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
the funny part is, we didn't call anything stupid; rather some other person did.
Aww you feel offended by my post? Cute :)

No, seriously. What is the point in such a tournament, if characters win, only because they are in a Yonkous Crew or got a high status?
We saw Pekoms in action, he one shotted Caribou and showed us, that he is very powerful and dangerous. Yet, he was kicked out in the last round.
What is with Big Mum? Didnt even get 2nd in her group, lost to Van Auger.

Yasopp proceeded because his group was weak, there wasn't a monster like Drake or an other Supernova in his group.
If you let someone like Beckman proceed to the next round, I would unterstand it, due, he lost to BB and Dragon. And come on guys, we even saw more from Dragon than from Lucky Roo, so dont start with: Uuuuh Dragon won only because of his reputation and status ^^

The reason why I defend Drake and other characters like him against this "reputation" characters is simple: They deserved a place in the next round!
I have no problem if Lucky Roo one shots him and gets the chance to show us his potential.. I even think that he is on Yozus level. But for now, Drake deserves it more.

And I apologize of course, didnt want to offend anyone.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
The reason why I defend Drake and other characters like him against this "reputation" characters is simple: They deserved a place in the next round!
That, sir, is for the voting to decide :D
To be honest, I want Drake to proceed as well. But I just can't imagine him beating LR. So feel free to vote for Drake, it'll make me feel better for him :D

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
I think the point is, the only thing we actually, truly saw from X Drake was him getting 1-shotted by a Pacifista laser.

So based on that, I think he deserves to be eliminated this round.

Pigov

Reaction score
Country
Germany
not saying that i permit your oppinion, just want to point out that this happened over 2 years ago aaand lucky roo didnt show anything more astonishing:P
eidt:
@ darkprince: I cant disagree with your oppinion. Its reasonable, logic, and legit. But since it doesnt make my oppinion obsolete, so i tend to stay with mine ^^

regarding:
about Mr. Arashi's comment; Luffy has opposed Big Mom too, so that means he has very power to oppose a Yonkou? like Whitebeard or Shanks
Well, actually yes, since he is THE protagonist and he will beat everyone :D So thats a bad example, we cant really judge luffys real power anyways. Its the standard shonen protagonist syndrome... beat the crap out of lower folks, get owned like crap, own back and make your opponent look like crap.^^

edit2:
regarding drakes estimated power after the timeskip: Maybe its just my imagination, but something around 400mio should be realistic, since the way he was introduced made him at least look like one of the stronger ones. Not to mention the original bounty. So luffy, law and kid are definitely above him, maybe hawkins aswell, but that should be it.
If we take the estimated 400+-50, its not that far away from jinbei or even the highest bounty so far ever (revealed): Ace.
Yeah this is a strech and definitely a pure guessing, still ...
On the other hand, i do know that bounty isnt always a direct way to measure combat capabilitys, as we all know.
Btw: Thats something that bugged me for a long time: Why does no one of the yonkous crews seem to have a bounty? Not talking about pekoms for instance, but about shanks and whitebeards top-commanders/members.... Maybe oda just knew he will mess up the estimated powerlevels, since there are so many characters :D

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
well atleast roo won his only fight so far :D

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Well, actually yes, since he is THE protagonist and he will beat everyone :D So thats a bad example, we cant really judge luffys real power anyways. Its the standard shonen protagonist syndrome... beat the crap out of lower folks, get owned like crap, own back and make your opponent look like crap.^^
because he is protagonist, he will beat everyone, eventually. but he isn't strong enough to beat everyone right now.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Oh man, i'm feeling important xd

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
well atleast roo won his only fight so far :D
And you can assume that he shot him with a haki-bullet, cause he was probably one of the top-bandits! That should prove, Roo has haki! :derp

Status
Not open for further replies.