[Semifinals - Team 3 vs Team 6 Singles 1] Sanada vs Oni | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Semifinals - Team 3 vs Team 6 Singles 1] Sanada vs Oni

Who will win?

• Sanada Gen'ichirou

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Oni Juujirou

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can see two possible branches on this game.

Oni will start ahead say 4-2, you'd see Black Aura, Furinkazan, Black Jack Knife/Tomahwak/Bomb/TNT/whatever and someone will comment on how this MSer is the first person to get a game off a G10 in what appears to be legitmate tennis as opposed to supernatural powers.

Branch A:

Yukimura: "Alright Sanada, I was watching the game and I noticed Oni is fast but not that fast. All his shots take some time to get ready, so if you use Rai to hit the ball as far away as possible he won't have time to prepare his Black (whatever) and then you can win!"

Sanada: "Are you suggesting I use STRATEGY?"

Yukimura: "Um, yeah."

Sanada: "Yukimura, you have forgotten what it means to be an Emperor! An Emperor never runs away from his opponent!"

Yukimura: "Um, sure, whatever."

Oni wins 6-2.

Branch B

Yukimura: "Alright Sanada, I was watching the game and I noticed Oni is fast but not that fast. All his shots take some time to get ready, so if you use Rai to hit the ball as far away as possible he won't have time to prepare his Black (whatever) and then you can win!"

Sanada: "Sounds like a great idea!"

Sanada wins 6-4.

FuRinKaZan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
First i just want to ask if say that "Sanada would play like this style or something like that because he is the emperor" is or not based in plot line?, is a speculation again?

So, say G10 chars skills, is just a especulation again, for a player like oni, who we've seen just like 1 "real" match (against Momo, who is not one of the strongest chars), we can't say that he had enough power to beat Sanada, is just ridiculous. BJK can be returned by Kintaro ( Sanada can?, i really thing it is very possible,), next oni tech (black tomahawk, possibly.) we don't know what does that and anything about his power or something.

Black Aura Speculation?, please, what about the possiby "B.Tomahawk"?

Finally, if we focus in a Techs vs Tech and Stats vs stats, it would be just a speculation say that Oni can beat Sanada, cause we don't what Oni really can do.
Sanada can beat Oni for sure, of course not easily, but he can. for me 6-4 or 7-5 for Sanada

Note: The HS are very overrated for someones, and about Ryoma vs Oni, i really think that was a big mistake. :/

Hope you understand my bad english. :D

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
First i just want to ask if say that "Sanada would play like this style or something like that because he is the emperor" is or not based in plot line?, is a speculation again?

So, say G10 chars skills, is just a especulation again, for a player like oni, who we've seen just like 1 "real" match (against Momo, who is not one of the strongest chars), we can't say that he had enough power to beat Sanada, is just ridiculous. BJK can be returned by Kintaro ( Sanada can?, i really thing it is very possible,), next oni tech (black tomahawk, possibly.) we don't know what does that and anything about his power or something.

Black Aura Speculation?, please, what about the possiby "B.Tomahawk"?

Finally, if we focus in a Techs vs Tech and Stats vs stats, it would be just a speculation say that Oni can beat Sanada, cause we don't what Oni really can do.
Sanada can beat Oni for sure, of course not easily, but he can. for me 6-4 or 7-5 for Sanada

Note: The HS are very overrated for someones, and about Ryoma vs Oni, i really think that was a big mistake. :/

Hope you understand my bad english. :D
The whole "Emperor" thing is pretty clearly a limitation on Sanada. If he played like any reasonable people it'd be like:

Versus Ryoma: "I just remembered I can use Rai." 6-2 Sanada
Versus Tezuka: "Tezuka Phantom? Rin takes care of that no problem." 6-1 Sanada (Rin can't return 0th serve).

He has a self-enforced rule where he has to beat the opponent at their strength, i.e. Ka vs power, Fu versus speed, and Zan versus endurance, despite the fact that there's an implied Fu > Ka > Zan > Fu counter property, which means he can completely trash anyone who isn't capable of playing all 3 styles equally well. Rin, which absolutely eats up tech type players, is apparently considered 'dirty' to him.

So given those limitation he won't beat Oni because it's hard to see Sanada beating Oni in the power game. Just like Ryoma's Fu can beat Sanada's Ka, though, it should be pretty easy for Sanada to sidestep Oni's power game but all evidence in POT points toward Sanada considering playing a counter-type game as absolutely ridiculous.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think sanada dont consider himself emperor anymore. this title was used when he was in MS. now that there are new HS players to defeat. that title probably has to do more with winning and being at the top. but since there's no way i can (at the current time) see sanada besting Byoudin , i he and we shouldnt use that title with all seriousness.

another topic of disucssion, we saw kintaro use a power move vs oni's BJK.

Is sanada's fire smash considered a power move and can it negate BJK's wrist smasher?

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
People need to remember that the G10 are STEPPING STONES in this series. OBVIOUSLY the Middle Schoolers will be the ones playing for Japan, this whole series is about them. There will not be any high schoolers left on this team once these matches are over, mark my words.

Also, Phantron what the heck were you talking about with BJK breaking through BA? Kintarou returned it no problem. That means Sanada would too.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
i think in the real manga book volume version (not the comic sold every month), they added a page from a losing kaji, saying Oni 's BJK has an added level. or is at a whole new level.

so with the new and improved BJK, not sure who would be able to return it.

Edit: still too early to tell what BUFFS black aura gives. for now its speculatory, but if it can make someone get out of yips, it must be somewhat like TnK, ie increases the stats and makes the player more focused.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Fayte, for the last time, this tournament has nothing to do with the plot of the manga, so make some new argument.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
GUYS less than 24 hrs left for the next ROUND.

WIll it be SANADA vs YUKIMURA, in singles 1? (sanada finally gets a chance at revenge? )

or

ONI vs Yukimura in singles 1? (best MSer vs top 5 G10 HSer)

Its all up to you ( cast/ change your votes)

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
i think sanada dont consider himself emperor anymore. this title was used when he was in MS. now that there are new HS players to defeat. that title probably has to do more with winning and being at the top. but since there's no way i can (at the current time) see sanada besting Byoudin , i he and we shouldnt use that title with all seriousness.

another topic of disucssion, we saw kintaro use a power move vs oni's BJK.

Is sanada's fire smash considered a power move and can it negate BJK's wrist smasher?
Of course Ka is a power move. Sanada has a style for everything besides the Naruto-type styles (i.e. yips, Atobe x-ray vision, TnK) so he obviously has a matching power style (Ka) given power styles are actually pretty common in POT. Now generally speaking people of similar calibur power rating can return each other's shot fine. Duke is the #1 power player in Japan but we'd expect Byudin or Oni to return Duke Homerun without suffering any major injury. At worst maybe they'll say 'yeah that shot stings a bit' if even that. I don't see how Sanada can beat Oni in the power game but he should be easily able to avoid wrist shattering or even racket busting moves. At worst I see a "OMG if they keep rally it'll cause irrecoverable harm that never happened like the last 100 times we were warned about the dangers of tennis".

Although there's virtually no info about Oni, one thing is clear is that he's not described as a 'ridiculous fast' character. We see that Momoshiro was able to get him out of position with a simple drop shot. In the drawing it doesn't look like Oni has enough speed to both save the drop shot and still get in position to do BJK, so if you simply hit the ball away from him, that should limit the amount of times he can use BJK. The POT Sanada, of course, would never play like that since the Emperor doesn't run away from anyone. NPOT? I'm not sure. You can certainly argue after getting slapped by Yukimura he might've a change of philosophy. BTW I'm not saying Oni can't deal with speed shots, but with what he has displayed I don't think he can return a speed shot with a power move (BJK) since it looks like power moves have some sort of charge time and he's not fast enough to both return a speed shot and still prep up his power shot. Obviously BJK won't get completely shut down but if you can avoid it even half of the time, that obviously puts the game greatly in favor of Sanada.

Of course Oni also has some power he hasn't shown yet, but I'll just handwave it and say that cancels out with Black Aura.

Last edited:

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Funny how Fuji reaches the finals... XD

Now Fuji better have a Seventh Counter ready or he's screwed lol

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Funny how Fuji reaches the finals... XD

Now Fuji better have a Seventh Counter ready or he's screwed lol
Fuji has been screwed for a while.
He would have died against the current Yuki or Sanada or Oni.
Fuji and Shiraishi are too guys just left behind. I mean, at least Shiraishi got to lift a weight off of his arm.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

@Phantron
Why on earth should Sanada be at all on Oni's level in Power?
Oni >>> All MSers in Power.

Secondly, I don't think Oni will be winning against Duke's 100% move.
Duke should be stronger than Oni considering Oni is stuck in No.5 and likely Doubles,
although I don't yet trust the 1st String line-up fully.

I have a feeling things will be cleared up later on.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Fayte, for the last time, this tournament has nothing to do with the plot of the manga, so make some new argument.
So despite it saying improvement in the rules, we're gonna throw that out now.
That's kinda made a lot of opinions in the past threads invalid.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
These are all hard choices. I mean, there are guys that we have seen very little of them, but we already know that they don't have enough to win (like Davide) and there are hyped up players/monster guys like Oni and Irie that we haven't seen them really playing 100 %.

Remember that time when Jirou, Kirihara, Amane, Sengoku, etc were all hyped up players (yeah, most of them are forgotten bros)? What happened to them (except for kirihara, who is a Rikkai player, but now is one of the weakest in the team, thank you Konomi -.-)?

Imagine we were at the prefectural times, and someone made a tournament like this with hyped players that we haven't seen really playing yet (like Kabaji, Jirou, freaking monster god forgotten Kirihara, I miss him, damn you Konomi bring me the forgotten bros and cool Kirihara back, no one cares about Ryoma lol), we would probably vote for them BUT in the actual storyline...

they were all stepping stones, like Fayte said. Yes, it's probably Plot Power, but what does Oni have that Sanada can't return? NOTHING, Sanada has plenty more Techs... I voted for Oni against Ryoma, but it was just because I don't see Ryoma returning BJK (maybe because i'm rewatching PoT and I've recently seen Kabaji vs Kawamura, were Ryoma couldn't have played at all) and because Oni ISN'T RYOMA'S STEPPING STONE, ryoma is not meant to win against him. He'll probably lose against Akutsu or Sanada.

Then, I'm voting for Sanada, and I hope Fuji crushes him, it would be epic.

I want to say something else: I love how every time I talk good about Fuji, the user Fuji Shusuke gives me a "like", it feels like a "thank you" from the real Fuji lol

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Thing is, Oni isn't Sanada' stepping stone.
Neither Yuki nor Sanada had stepping stones as such. They were a level above the others who had stepping stones.
Atobe, Akutsu, Ryoma w/out TnK, Kintaro.

Also, Oni should have things Sanada can't return naturally since Oni lifts boulders for exercise like other characters do jogging.

I think Sanada can win coz Sanada has BA. Honestly, there is no way that the G6+Irie & Tokugawa cant be that strong.

And again, Fuji would get crushed by too many players in this tournament. And I love his matches. I don't like him much as a character, but I absolutely love his matches.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Usually, I would agree with you, but Sanada really needs a stepping stone (at least 1) just to show how much he has improved and how powerful BA really is. Personally, I'd prefer if that guy is Yukimura (in case you didn't notice, I don't like Yukimura lol).

And about Fuji... He'll probably lose in the finals (AGAIN), but I'll fight for him lol

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sanada Gen'ichirou: 7 votes
Oni Juujirou: 6 votes

Winner: Sanada Gen'ichirou

Status
Not open for further replies.