Shounen - Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: Shaman King - Links & Official Discussion Thread

I started reading the manga, but after some volumes it embraced completely the usual clichè of shonen manga, so I stopped reading it but I plan to finish reading it sometime.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas said:
I started reading the manga, but after some volumes it embraced completely the usual clichè of shonen manga, so I stopped reading it but I plan to finish reading it sometime.
How is it any less cliche than naruto, bleach or one piece? all of which you are a fan of...

I just dont understand why this series is so snubbed when it has alot of good elements going for it such as a good cast of characters, outside of the stereotypical anti-hero Ren, good powers with the spirits, a pretty good story that gets alot better once they get to the actual shaman fight. I would recommend it to anyone who likes shounen and if you think it is too "kiddy" continue to read past the beginning see when Takei really gets into his stride

someone2040

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

I'm a fan of Shaman King. Although, it's not like high on my favourites list, probably around the middle, maybe above average. It's not something I would jump on irc to get itself.
Really stupid how it was cancelled before the last volume, but what can you do I guess.
Personally though, I don't really know why. But I found Gunblaze West more enjoyable than Shaman King. Maybe I just liked the western theme and the adventure aspect more than Shaman King essentially being a glorified tournament.

Kyuzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

someone2040 said:
I'm a fan of Shaman King. Although, it's not like high on my favourites list, probably around the middle, maybe above average. It's not something I would jump on irc to get itself.
Really stupid how it was cancelled before the last volume, but what can you do I guess.
Personally though, I don't really know why. But I found Gunblaze West more enjoyable than Shaman King. Maybe I just liked the western theme and the adventure aspect more than Shaman King essentially being a glorified tournament.
GBW wasn't made by the same mangaka, it was made by Watsuki.

Are the Edited Mangas of this series done yet?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

no, they are up to about chapter 233 out of 285 and they are released about weekly.

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

NeoShweaty said:
How is it any less cliche than naruto, bleach or one piece? all of which you are a fan of...

I just dont understand why this series is so snubbed when it has alot of good elements going for it such as a good cast of characters, outside of the stereotypical anti-hero Ren, good powers with the spirits, a pretty good story that gets alot better once they get to the actual shaman fight. I would recommend it to anyone who likes shounen and if you think it is too "kiddy" continue to read past the beginning see when Takei really gets into his stride
I'll surely finish reading it, probably when I'll get the last number.

someone2040

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Kyuzo said:
GBW wasn't made by the same mangaka, it was made by Watsuki.

Are the Edited Mangas of this series done yet?
Oh really? My bad. I could've sworn it was the Shammy King Mangaka, oh well.

Kyuzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I read about the first 8 volumes maybe, until Yoh was fighting the German chick or dude don't remember, had like a nurse spirit for fighting but I lost interest. I'll probably read it through from the beginning once the Edited Mangas are done. I liked it.

someone2040

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Faust some... generation... maybe 4th?
That's the German dude.
I think it wasn't the best place to stop, since after that fight I believe you the rematch between Yoh and Ren, background stuff on Ren, and then basically the whole Tournament - which obviously introduces many new characters and Oversouls.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

the series takes a long time to get into what it is really about. Once you know about all the characters and the tournament officially starts with the teams and stuff it is like volume 11 or 12. The series, apparently, isnt for everyone but i does have good stuff going for it.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hmm.. Shaman King.. Another anime that I've finished watching.. but the ending was kinda like to be continued with the beeper thing... I really enjoyed watching SK, although I wouldn't put it down as my top favourites but it was undeniably good. I did get annoyed by the fact that every villain except Hao would eventually become Yoh's friend.. -.- And I was pretty amused by the fact that Hao was tremendously powerful and almost undefeatable.. I mean who the hack every makes out the hero to be so weak, rite? o.O The usual thing to happen would be the hero becoming stronger and stronger but if it's possible Yoh got weaker or maybe Hao just got even stronger. XD So the manga is still on going? Well, maybe I will read it up some time.. :D

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

the manga has a completely different ending. Probably just as bad, because it was cancelled but different.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

It was cancelled? meaning.. they decided to stop the story and ended it abruptly??

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Azurel said:
It was cancelled? meaning.. they decided to stop the story and ended it abruptly??
well, jump is powered by the popularity polls and shaman king had been falling in the polls (there were probably other signs) so they told Takei that they were ending it at chapter 285. The story was getting good before that too. He had to make up some ending and have that be the unofficial official ending (i say unofficial because it says Owari (end) with a tangerine next to it which in japanese means incomplete)

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Gah, that sux.. There's always some kinda problem with good manga..

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

so how much of it was edited in the "English" version?

please answer :wtf

treetz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

yea i really enjoyed this series but when i found out that it just abrubtly ended i lost intrest because i didnt want to get realy into it n then it just goes kaput on me.

im reaqlly looking foawrd to his new series and it look pretty intresting looking at the raw.
his mechanical hand like becomes this really big like shovel thing its look pretty sweeet

kakaroto

Reaction score

hello, i am a new member here. i want to find the manga scan of shaman king, can you help me where i can get it ? :)

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

i think you should try stoptazmo.com

kakaroto

Reaction score

can you give me another site? i have try stoptazmo.