Shounen - Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Shaman King (Flowers) by Takei Hiroyuki

Indigoangel

Shaman King and Shaman King: Kanzenban on MH

<hr noshade size="1">
I am reading Shaman King.

And i reached a point, chapter 161. And i can't seem to get any futher.
I have until now used: http://www.stoptazmo.com/shaman_king/
But it don't seem to update.

Am I wrong or is there another site, which has Shaman King on english?
Plus is there a place where I can download the anime on english or with subtitles?

- This thread is now the official Shaman King thread. Feel free to discuss the Shaman King manga and anime here. :amuse - MnK

Last edited by a moderator:

akasuna no imax

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Re: Shaman King

The story of the manga & the anime isn't the same.
in the manga a lot of detail are add. Else i don't know where you can download them (they've maybe stop Edited Manga it 'cause it's published now ^^)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I'll do an investigation into that one.

Meijin no Kori

My results:
Hmm the only place I know of for Ch. 161+ is IRC. I hope that's fine. #lurk@irc.irchighway.net has up to chapter 170 of Shaman King on the M-R|Pouet bot. Here's the link for the packlist:
http://gotlurk.net/index.php?id=37

As for the anime, I have no clue.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Soldats seems to be the biggest Shaman King sub animegroup out there. Google them sometimes.

Meijin no Kori

Moving this to Mangaverse since this isn't an actual Edited Manga. Carry on.
And Gold Knight, it appears that Soldats took down their Shaman King fansubs when the anime was licsened a while a go.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I see. I'm able to download them but only using my friend's FTP account. Perhaps they're still available out there on the internet, though.

Meijin no Kori

Indigoangel said:
Thanks for everythinh ;)
No problem. :amuse
Thread locked, but left, since the links can be useful to others. :closed

Edit: On second though, thread re-opened as the official Shaman King Thread. You can now discuss about the series freely here.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Shaman King - Links & Official Discussion Thread

I'm only keeping up with the Shaman King in the American Shonen Jump magazine so I doubt I'll be around here much. I'm at chapter 76 right now. But as of lately I haven't been that impressed by it - perhaps due to the translations.

Meijin no Kori

Gold Knight said:
I'm only keeping up with the Shaman King in the American Shonen Jump magazine so I doubt I'll be around here much. I'm at chapter 76 right now. But as of lately I haven't been that impressed by it - perhaps due to the translations.
The same here. But this was one of my least favorite arcs in the anime. The ones that come after it (at leaast in the anime) get better, IMO.

vlado

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score

Well , i wached the anime , what's the diference?Do they continue after the eternal spirit thingy?

RaitoIsKira

The anime and manga have alot different endings from what I here. I think this thread should answer your questions:
http://www.stoptazmo.com/showthread.php?t=8781

But yes, they are very different from each other once they split and go their own ways.

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man

What I like about the anime is that is over. I mean, I'm not happy that it's over, rather I'm happy that I have accepted the anime ending and don't need more of it.

Manga is nice that it explains many things more than anime in the meaning of idea, but what is good about anime is that Soldats have subbed it so perfectly. It's something so far pared only by DB subs.

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Eh, after chapter 200 it skips and goes straight to 207, anyone know where I can get the in-between?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

No idea, sorry. :/

Shaman King in American Shonen Jump currently is at chapter 96. Right now the only character I actually like at all in the series is Horohoro, so that's not good at all. I hate that that everybody seems to become friends so fast, so unexpectedly. Ren, Lysberg, Wooden Ryu. This is one series that REALLY does reek of "SHONEN" all over, feels like it's aimed at 12-and-under audiences. So, yeah, I'm not all that impressed by it at all.

Too bad it wasn't a bit more mature, though, it did have a lot of promise.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

now to necro this thread.

Anyone still read this series? at first, i must admit, i had my doubts about the series but as soon as you get past the let's all be friends phase, it gets alot better because you actually get to the shaman fight and see the kick ass techniques people develop. If i could say one thing i dont like about the series, it is the fact that there is an enemy that is completely that is nearly unbeatable, which becomes a problem at the end of the series, of course.

(to GK's post, even though it was in october, i find it funny this series screams shonen but naruto is some kind of gold mind of genius)

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well it'll be a while since GK comes back but I wouldn't start an arguement over two seperate mangas since either way it cant end good...

Personally I loved Shaman King the most when I read the U.S. Shonen Jump and can't believe the series was cancelled. The whole invincible Hao thing was a problem to over come but I believed that it meant that Yoh would one day become godly too. Instead from the looks of the short series Mankin Trad did of Yoh's son it looks like it did end with Yoh's defeat. Which is something that took a lot of guts by Takei. Long live gutsy writing!

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

no other fans of shaman king here?