Discussion - Shanks' lookalike | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Shanks' lookalike

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps it was Catarina Devon disguised as Shanks. I mean, Lafitte infiltrated Mary Geoise before and Blackbeard would know a great deal about Shanks as much as Buggy…🤔

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Perhaps it was Catarina Devon disguised as Shanks. I mean, Lafitte infiltrated Mary Geoise before and Blackbeard would know a great deal about Shanks as much as Buggy…🤔
If it was Catarina Devon, she wouldn't miss Shanks' scar

And she seems to know the WG internal affairs a bit too much to disguise as Shanks and walk around Mary Geoise as if it was no big deal

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
If it was Catarina Devon, she wouldn't miss Shanks' scar

And she seems to know the WG internal affairs a bit too much to disguise as Shanks and walk around Mary Geoise as if it was no big deal

But, Lafitte might and if you notice, all the other members of the BB pirates including Blackbeard himself are preoccupied with fighting Law and defending Hachinosu island from Garp.

Lafitte and Catarina are the ones heading to Egghead I think…🤔

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
great catch. I dont think its a lookalike but cannot refute it with evidence. The thing is, other than the looks, there's no evidence that suggests its Shanks. And the fact that he got there is also questionable.

Does anyone know how it looks in the anime?

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
great catch. I dont think its a lookalike but cannot refute it with evidence. The thing is, other than the looks, there's no evidence that suggests its Shanks. And the fact that he got there is also questionable.

Does anyone know how it looks in the anime?
Nothing special in the anime

It's not that he got there, but that he roams around Mary Geoise like it's no big deal, with the Gorosei telling the guards to leave them alone

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I mean, the theory is great because it balances the right amount of attention to detail with no logical arguments that could actually disprove it, and an ambiguous silhouette in the Holy Knights that gives it some additional hype.

The big problem I have with it is that the difference between the panels is precisely what might invalidate it: one's shadowed, and the other isn't, so attention to detail is compromised.

Oshawott

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think this is reaching a bit tbh. Oda makes art mistakes all the time, especially in recent years. They're usually fixed when the chapters get compiled into volumes, but something this obscure probably just slipped by Oda's notice.