Voting Round 1 - Shigeo Kageyama vs. Urek Mazino | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Shigeo Kageyama vs. Urek Mazino

Who wins?

• Shigeo Kageyama

• Urek Mazino

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Urek Mazino for me.

Urek defeated Karaka using just 1% of his power and with a single finger.We haven't even seen him using his full power.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Urek should win this easily, I don't think Mob can even be a threat to Baam.

Will talk more about Urek's strength and ToG later today.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm not sure we have seen Mob's full power either, since it seems he can go beyond the the notorious 100%. I'm still leaning towards Mazino though.

However, this is again a fight were if the tournament rules were different, Mobu would win. I mean, Urek is only strong in the Tower, where he has Shinso to manipulate and use. I understand the rules though, it wouldn't be fun if some strong characters weren't legit because stuff like that. (Well he draws his powers from this particular energy source, well the is actually digital in nature so... etc).

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I'm not sure we have seen Mob's full power either, since it seems he can go beyond the the notorious 100%. I'm still leaning towards Mazino though.

However, this is again a fight were if the tournament rules were different, Mobu would win. I mean, Urek is only strong in the Tower, where he has Shinso to manipulate and use. I understand the rules though, it wouldn't be fun if some strong characters weren't legit because stuff like that. (Well he draws his powers from this particular energy source, well the is actually digital in nature so... etc).
I doubt that he was not strong outside the Tower.From what we have seen he was definitely stronger than the Great Warriors when they started their journey (as his Data self was too strong to be created accurately in the Hidden Floor when even Zahards Data self was perfectly created).

Also he was chasing Phantaminum,an Axis user.I can't imagine a weakling chasing him.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Not saying he was weak out of Tower, just saying weaker, more maybe on Mob Psycho 100 top levels. With Shinsu he is totally op.

Blakestnight666

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Not saying he was weak out of Tower, just saying weaker, more maybe on Mob Psycho 100 top levels. With Shinsu he is totally op.
He was easily able kill hell joe even when he couldn't use his shinso. He would kill shigeo

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not familiar with Mob. I only know he is a character from the same author as One/OPM.
On the other hand i know Urek pretty well, since i managed to catch up with the manhwa half a year ago.
I would need to see some absolutely crazy shit from Mob if he wants to beat "Eminem".

Lol does Mob have some illusion ability perhaps? If he has, he could just make Garam appear and force Urek to forfeit :3c

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
What can Urek do exactly?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What can Urek do exactly?
I will talk about his powers in details later but on top of his ridiculous strength, durability and speed(lightspeed fast movements and attacks), he can distort space and compress a giant forest to the size of a fist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He was OP even before entering unlike the 10 Warriors and faced Phantaminum himself. Urek doesn't need more than his physical abilities to deal with Mob.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Knowing both pretty well, I wouls say Urek has the edge here. Mob is stronger than what he looks tho.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mob ??? has no upper limit though. Problem is I'm not too familiar with Tower.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

OK, it's time. ToG is a manhwa and the info we have come from both the chapters and the SIU's (the author) blog.

First, let's talk about the Tower of God universe.

Life in the Tower: In the Tower flows Shinsoo, it's like air there and is basically the Nen/Chakra/Reiatsu/Ki. You can use it for all kinds of special techniques although there are some common usage like body reinforcement, creation of Baangs etc. There is also stuff like Sorcery which isn't really related to Shinsoo, Familiars.

Strength of the ToG-verse: As I said there are all kinds of abilities, there are no clear limits to what you can do with it, it mostly depends on your talents. There are various weapons, medieval ones(swords, spears), modern ones(Lighthouses, spaceships etc). Tons and tons of Rankers, High Rankers, Regulars and monsters. All Rankers are pretty much walking disasters but there are several tiers, it's hard to make an accurate list, even among the Regulars.

Now let's talk about the strongest characters, all of them are Irregulars. There is disagreement sometimes in the fandom but generally it's like this:
  1. Phantaminum: The strongest character of the verse. He is an Axis, who are pretty much divinities. There are several in SIU's verse but he is the only relevant in ToG and he is at least in the Top 5. We don't know much about him and his influence in the story, but we know that all Axis are reality warpers. SIU also said that he could destroy the whole ToG world in an instant.
  2. Enryu: The second strongest. Killed a Guardian, can create more than 9000 Baangs of Shinsoo(they basically work Gil's Babylon Gate). We don't know much about his abilities either but he is not an Axis. He is known for having killed a Guardian.
  3. Guardians or Administrators: Divine beings in the Tower, there is one on each floor(but their abilities are not limited to a floor). They can control all the Shinsoo there and do many things. They are all unique but the main ability they share besides incredible Shinsoo control is spatial manipulation. Years ago SIU said that the ones I am going to mention below can't beat a Guardian, but I think it'll probably change in the future. Anyway, I have to accept it for now so I put them here.
  4. The Ten Warriors and Urek Mazino: A group of ten Irregulars who entered in the Tower and innovated things in it. They are considered like divine beings as well in a way and led by Zahard, their ace and main antagonist of the series so far. Urek isn't part of Zahard's group. He came later but he is the only one able to defeat Zahard, all the others, while strong and skilled are below Zahard. It's impossible to know who is stronger between Zahard and Urek for now, but fans often argue about this.
All the characters in this list can casually destroy a floor if they wish to. I am going to talk about what we know about certain of these characters(who are all weaker than Mazino) so that you can understand their power:
  • One has a spear which when decompressed can destroy more than half of the Tower.
  • Another(at best the 6th strongest in Group 4) can casually kill 99% of the population on a floor by controlling Shinsoo.

Now let's talk about Urek himself, who is he?

Here is his character card from years ago:

Sobriquet: Ray Barracuda

Height: 1 m 95 cm

Birthplace: Unknown

Position: Fisherman

Currently the strongest Ranker on the move. He is an Irregular, and the most recent to be in the tower of the top 5. His sobriquet, Baracuda is the name of the most aggressive and ferocious white steel eel in the Tower. (Ray is the sobriquet from his combat style, which is forwarding Shinsoo as fast as light. Although his formal sobriquet is Ray Barracuda, just Barracuda can be used to refer to Urek Mazino in the Tower.)

It took 50 years for him to pass every test and climb to the top of the tower, and he is recorded as the fastest person to climb the inner tower in a normal way.

Although his main position is Fisherman, he is proficient in most every position and very aggressive in all of them. He is proficient in flying Shinsoo fast, and the power is impossible to block even with the superior armor inventory. People who have seen Urek Mazino in combat have evaluated his combat style as 'Aggressive, ferocious and fast. But tremendously beautiful.'

Urek Marizo, while standing on his final position, had once knocked down a Light Bearer who was also on his final position. Figuratively speaking, it's similar to a goalkeeper scoring a goal.

His relationship is somewhat dull because of his masculine manner. He has a magnanimous personality, but is very unpopular among women because of this. It is rumored that he has a crush on one of Zahard's princess, Garam Zahard, but Garam Zahard herself hates Urek Mazino. Of course, this is not actually confirmed.

He is also acquainted with another princess, Yuri, and it is because he was one of the person to plant 'Walhaiksong'. Yuri said this of him, "He's the best to fight together, but the worst to live with."

Don't bother with the crossed out text there, as he said himself:

On the other hand, he has great support from men. 'White Sword' Arie Hon praised him as the true warrior after he fought him, and his best friend, Backryun said he was the number one comrade and man. 'Blue Advancer' Koon Eduan picked Urek as 'One of the people I wish to battle.' Of the three, Backryun, who is one of the first member to plant 'Walhaiksong' has a special relationship with Urek, and the two's influence inside the Tower is already even with one of the 10 Families.

The relationship between Phantaminum and Urek is a very controversial issue, but it seems to be a fact that Urek tracked Phantaminum and followed him inside the Tower, although nothing was reported clearly.

As the strongest of the current active Rankers, and as one of the founder of the Wing Tree, or Wolhaiksong, Urek Mazino is one of the most influential person inside the tower. And it is not too much to say his every single move is related to the future of the Tower.

So, as you can read in the description, Urek's attacks can reach light speed. Wolhaiksong, the organization he leads came to be after meeting his now best friend Baek Ryun. He wanted to travel with him but Baek didn't want to leave his forest so what did Urek do? He compressed the whole forest, absorbed absolutely everything, so much that it reached the size of the fist. When compressed the forest still keeps its weight by the way, Urek could carry it casually but not his friend, Urek put it in a special box with wings.I would also like to add that compression can also be used on living beings.

We have more about Urek's speed through visual feats, where we saw a faulty copy(Urek is so strong that the copy has bugs) of his younger self (so infinitely weaker than the current Urek) who was so fast that he could avoid the light from a certain special mirror:

He is able to distort space and can casually kill people in a floor like this:

He is talking to one of the Ten Warriors here by the way. It's a meeting between titans.

And of course we have his incredible physical abilities, even without using Shinsoo Reinforcement he is a monster.

Before, lets look at a fight between a certain Ranker and a certain High Ranker. These two are low mid tier at best or something, flees compared to Urek and even many other Rankers.

Now, compare how one of them performed against Urek.

As you can see here, Urek can casually defeat this guy with his finger, and using 1% of his power and of course Urek is not a glass cannon or anything. There are more strength feats I could show but I think this is enough for now.

So yeah, Mob has no chances. Like most of the top tiers of the verse we don't know his ceiling but he is pretty damn strong as you can see. Even at 1% he could crush the Esper. With Shinsoo you can also use telekinesis in a way by the way, and with the scale Urek even surpasses Mob with telekinesis :amuse .

Last edited:

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States

OK, it's time. ToG is a manhwa and the info we have come from both the chapters and the SIU's (the author) blog.

First, let's talk about the Tower of God universe.

Life in the Tower: In the Tower flows Shinsoo, it's like air there and is basically the Nen/Chakra/Reiatsu/Ki. You can use it for all kinds of special techniques although there are some common usage like body reinforcement, creation of Baangs etc. There is also stuff like Sorcery which isn't really related to Shinsoo, Familiars.

Strength of the ToG-verse: As I said there are all kinds of abilities, there are no clear limits to what you can do with it, it mostly depends on your talents. There are various weapons, medieval ones(swords, spears), modern ones(Lighthouses, spaceships etc). Tons and tons of Rankers, High Rankers, Regulars and monsters. All Rankers are pretty much walking disasters but there are several tiers, it's hard to make an accurate list, even among the Regulars.

Now let's talk about the strongest characters, all of them are Irregulars. There is disagreement sometimes in the fandom but generally it's like this:
  1. Phantaminum: The strongest character of the verse. He is an Axis, who are pretty much divinities. There are several in SIU's verse but he is the only relevant in ToG and he is at least in the Top 5. We don't know much about him and his influence in the story, but we know that all Axis are reality warpers. SIU also said that he could destroy the whole ToG world in an instant.
  2. Enryu: The second strongest. Killed a Guardian, can create more than 9000 Baangs of Shinsoo(they basically work Gil's Babylon Gate). We don't know much about his abilities either but he is not an Axis. He is known for having killed a Guardian.
  3. Guardians or Administrators: Divine beings in the Tower, there is one on each floor(but their abilities are not limited to a floor). They can control all the Shinsoo there and do many things. They are all unique but the main ability they share besides incredible Shinsoo control is spatial manipulation. Years ago SIU said that the ones I am going to mention below can't beat a Guardian, but I think it'll probably change in the future. Anyway, I have to accept it for now so I put them here.
  4. The Ten Warriors and Urek Mazino: A group of ten Irregulars who entered in the Tower and innovated things in it. They are considered like divine beings as well in a way and led by Zahard, their ace and main antagonist of the series so far. Urek isn't part of Zahard's group. He came later but he is the only one able to defeat Zahard, all the others, while strong and skilled are below Zahard. It's impossible to know who is stronger between Zahard and Urek for now, but fans often argue about this.
All the characters in this list can casually destroy a floor if they wish to. I am going to talk about what we know about certain of these characters(who are all weaker than Mazino) so that you can understand their power:
  • One has a spear which when decompressed can destroy more than half of the Tower.
  • Another(at best the 6th strongest in Group 4) can casually kill 99% of the population on a floor by controlling Shinsoo.

Now let's talk about Urek himself, who is he?

Here is his character card from years ago:

Sobriquet: Ray Barracuda

Height: 1 m 95 cm

Birthplace: Unknown

Position: Fisherman

Currently the strongest Ranker on the move. He is an Irregular, and the most recent to be in the tower of the top 5. His sobriquet, Baracuda is the name of the most aggressive and ferocious white steel eel in the Tower. (Ray is the sobriquet from his combat style, which is forwarding Shinsoo as fast as light. Although his formal sobriquet is Ray Barracuda, just Barracuda can be used to refer to Urek Mazino in the Tower.)

It took 50 years for him to pass every test and climb to the top of the tower, and he is recorded as the fastest person to climb the inner tower in a normal way.

Although his main position is Fisherman, he is proficient in most every position and very aggressive in all of them. He is proficient in flying Shinsoo fast, and the power is impossible to block even with the superior armor inventory. People who have seen Urek Mazino in combat have evaluated his combat style as 'Aggressive, ferocious and fast. But tremendously beautiful.'

Urek Marizo, while standing on his final position, had once knocked down a Light Bearer who was also on his final position. Figuratively speaking, it's similar to a goalkeeper scoring a goal.

His relationship is somewhat dull because of his masculine manner. He has a magnanimous personality, but is very unpopular among women because of this. It is rumored that he has a crush on one of Zahard's princess, Garam Zahard, but Garam Zahard herself hates Urek Mazino. Of course, this is not actually confirmed.

He is also acquainted with another princess, Yuri, and it is because he was one of the person to plant 'Walhaiksong'. Yuri said this of him, "He's the best to fight together, but the worst to live with."

Don't bother with the crossed out text there, as he said himself:

On the other hand, he has great support from men. 'White Sword' Arie Hon praised him as the true warrior after he fought him, and his best friend, Backryun said he was the number one comrade and man. 'Blue Advancer' Koon Eduan picked Urek as 'One of the people I wish to battle.' Of the three, Backryun, who is one of the first member to plant 'Walhaiksong' has a special relationship with Urek, and the two's influence inside the Tower is already even with one of the 10 Families.

The relationship between Phantaminum and Urek is a very controversial issue, but it seems to be a fact that Urek tracked Phantaminum and followed him inside the Tower, although nothing was reported clearly.

As the strongest of the current active Rankers, and as one of the founder of the Wing Tree, or Wolhaiksong, Urek Mazino is one of the most influential person inside the tower. And it is not too much to say his every single move is related to the future of the Tower.

So, as you can read in the description, Urek's attacks can reach light speed. Wolhaiksong, the organization he leads came to be after meeting his now best friend Baek Ryun. He wanted to travel with him but Baek didn't want to leave his forest so what did Urek do? He compressed the whole forest, absorbed absolutely everything, so much that it reached the size of the fist. When compressed the forest still keeps its weight by the way, Urek could carry it casually but not his friend, Urek put it in a special box with wings.I would also like to add that compression can also be used on living beings.

We have more about Urek's speed through visual feats, where we saw a faulty copy(Urek is so strong that the copy has bugs) of his younger self (so infinitely weaker than the current Urek) who was so fast that he could avoid the light from a certain special mirror:

He is able to distort space and can casually kill people in a floor like this:

He is talking to one of the Ten Warriors here by the way. It's a meeting between titans.

And of course we have his incredible physical abilities, even without using Shinsoo Reinforcement he is a monster.

Before, lets look at a fight between a certain Ranker and a certain High Ranker. These two are low mid tier at best or something, flees compared to Urek and even many other Rankers.

Now, compare how one of them performed against Urek.

As you can see here, Urek can casually defeat this guy with his finger, and using 1% of his power and of course Urek is not a glass cannon or anything. There are more strength feats I could show but I think this is enough for now.

So yeah, Mob has no chances. Like most of the top tiers of the verse we don't know his ceiling but he is pretty damn strong as you can see. Even at 1% he could crush the Esper. With Shinsoo you can also use telekinesis in a way by the way, and with the scale Urek even surpasses Mob with telekinesis :amuse .
Speed attacks are irrelevant vs high level Espers in Mob verse since they always have a permanent subconscious shield and can be reinforced by will. The fact that he's in a battle the shield will always be on and reinforced by default. You'd also be fighting the ??? form of mob with no upper limit and significantly stronger than regular mob who can pretty move an entire city worth of skyscrapers with his mind. Also when you dealing with Espers you don't have worry about actual attacks. Since you can't see Telekinesis it just happens or turning your brain/mind into jelly. Mob could just throw this dude into outer space. I don't see any feats on the list that says he can beat ??? Mob.

Do you have anything else?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Speed attacks are irrelevant vs high level Espers in Mob verse since they always have a permanent subconscious shield and can be reinforced by will. The fact that he's in a battle the shield will always be on and reinforced by default. You'd also be fighting the ??? form of mob with no upper limit and significantly stronger than regular mob who can pretty move an entire city worth of skyscrapers with his mind. Also when you dealing with Espers you don't have worry about actual attacks. Since you can't see Telekinesis it just happens or turning your brain/mind into jelly. Mob could just throw this dude into outer space. I don't see any feats on the list that says he can beat ??? Mob.

Do you have anything else?
I never read the Mob manga but I watched the anime. I don't know how you can say that speed is irrelevant, it absolutely is. Urek also has barriers, can fly and stuff, it's one of the classic use of Shinsoo. Urek and even people much weaker than him who are not Rankers can take attacks of the level that you mentioned, it's nothing for him.

I am talking about people who can casually destroy continents here <_>.

Last edited:

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never read the Mob manga but I watched the anime. I don't know how you can say that speed is irrelevant, it absolutely is. Urek also has barriers, can fly and stuff, it's one of the classic use of Shinsoo. Urek and even people much weaker than him who are not Rankers can take attacks of the level that you mentioned, it's nothing for him.

I am talking about people who can casually destroy continents here <_>.
Mob ??? is akin to Omega Mutant from Xmen. It's a bit hard to scale and psychic abilities are hard to fight. Although I say the Urek has better fighting feats overall.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Mob ??? is akin to Omega Mutant from Xmen. It's a bit hard to scale and psychic abilities are hard to fight. Although I say the Urek has better fighting feats overall.
I don't know much about X-men in the first place, but which feats does Mob have which put him at this level?

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know much about X-men in the first place, but which feats does Mob have which put him at this level?
Omega level mutants in Xmen have unlimited potential. They usually have very powerful abilities like energy manipulation, matter manipulation, reality warping, high level of psionics etc. Some are planetary level with their abilities and some are multiversal like Franklin Richards. He is one of the strongest characters in the entire MCU. Did you see the Marvel movies? Franklin would kinda be on par with Thanos with the infinity gauntlet (not quite but similar feats) the comic version of Thanos with gauntlet. The movie was heavily nerfed.

Mob ??? would be like Jean Grey. Very high level of psionics that is capable of a wide range of abilities of which there is no known upper limit. Mob Psycho is from the same author as OPM. I don't think Mob is as strong as Saitama but I think only One could tell you how strong he is. But Urek has better battle feats so I could see why you would want to give it to him.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I’m going to go with Urek. His feats during the Hells Floor were ridiculous and it was 1% of his power.

Going by those standards alone I say Mob is outclassed here. Mob is probably a Island buster at best...In a Anime viewer only on Mob and I believe he only showed city level feats of destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.