Shounen Shiki by Ono Fuyumi and Fujisaki Ryuu

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I would agree more with you if he'd executed a different, better ending for Shiki, but otherwise yeah :) (though I haven't actually read the novels myself for a proper comparison)

Estranho

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't get what exactly you guys dislike in the end. Just because the ending is (almost) the same that the anime's, doesn't mean that's a bad ending. Were you only waiting a different ending?!
Well, I guess Fujisaki already knew how to end the manga, so he don't need to change just because the anime or novel got the same ending.

Nii

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't get what exactly you guys dislike in the end. Just because the ending is (almost) the same that the anime's, doesn't mean that's a bad ending. Were you only waiting a different ending?!
They were hoping for a different ending because it wasn't very satisfying or conclusive. I partly agree on that, it was an open ending and some questions weren't solved. Still I'm fine with it, I think the author wanted the readers to form a own solution to who was right, much like Toshio who too isn't sure which side was the right one at the end.

Nevertheless the ending could have been better but I enjoyed most of manga so I'm not really disappointed.

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Basically what naruto-niichan said.

My problem with the ending was the same problem I had with the anime's ending (haven't read the novel so can't exactly say but if it's the same ending then I have the same problem with it :XD). Having watched the anime first, and not being fully satisfied with the ending, I had hoped for a different ending for the manga, which would hopefully make up for what I felt was lacking with the anime ending. That's basically it :) My reasons for my actual dislike for the ending were given in my previous posts.

Well, I guess Fujisaki already knew how to end the manga, so he don't need to change just because the anime or novel got the same ending.
Regardless of the anime (which I assume is the same as the manga because it is a direct adaptation of it), Fujisaki didn't have to stick with the novel ending if he didn't want to. He already got permission to change stuff, and did change stuff - in fact it was some major stuff - so changing the ending would not have been that much of a stretch.

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed Shiki. I just would have enjoyed it even more had the ending been better :amuse