Seinen - Shin Angyo Onshi by Youn In Wan & Yang Kyung Il | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Shin Angyo Onshi by Youn In Wan & Yang Kyung Il

silverado

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Shin Angyo Onshi Discussion Thread

That reminds me that i havent read ch 19 yet

bilheteira

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Volume 11 Chap 19 part 2 released yesterday. We can't be using this thread just for annoucing new releases can we? :p

So, Just wondering who do you think is Aji-Tae or what exactly is he?
Do you feel that he is human to begin with or just a demon in disguise? or he is another type of creature?
Even the doctor who appeared in Vol 2, had commented that "there are other humans as him as well".:oh
I really don't know but he seems quite weird. and why does he resembles the king? in the beginning he had dark hair and now he has white hair?

and why there isn't a new release in japan since february? I can't understand... :|

Meno

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

They'll most likely explain in this flashback they're doing.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

I really don't know but he seems quite weird. and why does he resembles the king? in the beginning he had dark hair and now he has white hair?

and why there isn't a new release in japan since february? I can't understand... :|
Oh bilheteira, sometimes i am confused by the characters, they look somehow similiar at times.. And the last i heard, the series is still being published in magazines (not sure how true is it).

I actually kind of read this series at least 2 times. Because of the flashbacks, I had to look back to recall who and what they were. Personally, I like how the story goes, how Won-Sul & Won Hyo deflects into the evil path...actually quite meaningful, and you can't really blame them for doing it.

So, what are your favourite scenes in this series and why? :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Oh many, too many to think about.. tons of great action moments but also some hilarious moments (will anybody ever forget the "rabid deer" part?) I would have to reread the series again to sort out which scenes are my favorites...

Meno

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kira666

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

So, what are your favourite scenes in this series and why? :)
Id' liked the story of "Ondal and Pyeggang".
It was a sorprise to know that Ondal was a hallucination of Pyeggang. =o
------

The chapter 20 part 10 is out, finishing the volume 13... now Munsu want to return to Jushin, may in nexts chapter we going to see the destruction of Jushin and what happened in reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roanapur

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Shin Angyo Onshi

*breathes life back into thread*

This is one of my favorite mangas ever.

Aji Tae is hands down my favorite villain ever.

Everything, from the artwork, to the action, to the plot, to the flashbacks, are all about as high quality as you'd find in a manga/manhwa/manhua.

It's been compared to Berserk, another highly enjoyable series, and with good reason.

If you want a one-stop-shop for all of the downloads, I suggest ETC's website.

Last edited:

erik-the-red

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
United States

*revives thread*

Is Classic 21 Part 9 the last chapter of Shin Angyo Onshi?

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Yes erik, unfortunately it is. If you can't get enough, try reading the SAO Gaiden. The won-sul gaiden is pretty interesting :amuse

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Bumping this up!

Finally this impressive korean series is completed!!! :clap2
You can get it at ETC's website here.
For those who read the ending, what do you think of the whole journey with Munsul?
I really love the Reflection arc, the war arc is so beautiful, and the ending is so...Anyway, what do you think Sando is actually?

Roanapur

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

I loved every part of the series, except the ending.

And I believe that Sando is as she appears to Munsu, a beautiful young girl, considering the only one who ever hinted at her being anything other than a human was Aji Tae, who isn't exactly the poster child for honesty and virtue.

I think Aji Tae's comment about her being non-human was yet another one of his attempts at messing with Munsu's mind.

erik-the-red

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
United States

Thank you so much Nami! No wonder I was confused that Classic 21 Pt. 9 is, in fact, the last chapter of SAO. The Edited Manga that I read when I made that post was missing about 20 pages!

Now, I'm satisfied with how the series ended. (Just imagine thinking that SAO ends at the p. 188-189 double spread!)

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

I loved every part of the series, except the ending.

And I believe that Sando is as she appears to Munsu, a beautiful young girl, considering the only one who ever hinted at her being anything other than a human was Aji Tae, who isn't exactly the poster child for honesty and virtue.

I think Aji Tae's comment about her being non-human was yet another one of his attempts at messing with Munsu's mind.

Same here too, the ending was ...
About Sando, I thought Munsu was blind to seeing the truth, and everyone else actually sees Sando as what she actually is, but Munsu treated her like a girl. And Aji-Tae just has this strange powers of seeing things as it is or vice versa.

@ Erik, I don't even know there was an earlier Edited Manga for this. :)

Roanapur

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Now, I'm satisfied with how the series ended. (Just imagine thinking that SAO ends at the p. 188-189 double spread!)
What did you like about it, if you don't mind me asking...?

I personally thought it was horrible.

Same here too, the ending was ...
About Sando, I thought Munsu was blind to seeing the truth, and everyone else actually sees Sando as what she actually is, but Munsu treated her like a girl. And Aji-Tae just has this strange powers of seeing things as it is or vice versa.
Well, when she was first introduced, her captor saw her as a girl/woman/beautiful weapon, but a human, nonetheless.

@ Erik, I don't even know there was an earlier Edited Manga for this. :)
Yeah, another group released vol 17 some time ago, probably due to increasing impatience among... everyone clamoring for the ETC to finish up the series.

I told myself, "I'm not going to read anything but ETC's releases..." but I eventually caved in due to my desire of not being spoiled, on this and other forums.

erik-the-red

Proofreader
Reaction score
Country
United States

What did you like about it, if you don't mind me asking...?
Had I not thought that the last page of SAO was a double-spread of…

Munsu looking at Aji Tae’s corpse

…, I too would feel that the ending was not good. I should have emphasized that my satisfaction was comparative, not absolute.

Some of the problems with the ending are…

the origin and motives of Aji Tae were still unexplained and the connection between Munsu and the noble female European fencer wasn’t further developed.

Mostly, though, it was just too abrupt. Not the worst way to end a series but not that good of a way, either.

Unholy

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

the origin and motives of Aji Tae were still unexplained and the connection between Munsu and the noble female European fencer wasn’t further developed.
If im not mistaken aji tae explains what he is doing in vol 14 or 15 while munsu is on that deep sleep, i dont really remember but im sure it is there.If the noble female European u are talking is the blonde one that fought sando and killed the angel looking guy, munsu was her swordsman teacher when he was visiting the country.
I still havent seen the real ending (i got the one where it ends with munsu standing dead with sando crieng on his feet), could someone please upload it for me? I wanted to get it on Etc website but the download is down.

Alexandrius

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Re: Shin Angyo Onshi by Youn In-Wan & Yang Kyung-II (v17)

One of the best reads in a while. One of the better Manwhas I've read.

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Re: [Seongin]Shin Angyo Onshi by Youn In-Wan & Yang Kyung-II (v17)

Anyone who hasn't read it, make it a priority. It is one of the best series I read. Great characters, storyline is awesome and so is the art. One of the best ending in my humble opinion.