Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 112 Discussion / 113 Predictions

Discussion in 'Shingeki no Kyojin' started by Farfalla, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    Moderator Notice:
    Quick request!

We should avoid mentioning the "Final Panel Reveal" topic in this thread. It's not forbidden, though, so if you feel this will add up to the chapter discussion, just please add spoilers tags whenever you mention it.

If anyone ends up mentioning the panel without spoiler tags, the rest is free to request the person to fix his/her post, and/or message/tag me or @Battou to do so.

Thanks in advance o/
    No, nothing happened about it in here yet, but better safe than sorry xP~ Farfles

2. zetsu banned

zetsu banned MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    I want Levi to eat Eren. I'm as done as Levi is with giving Eren chance after chance after chance to not be a douche. Now he's not only a douche, but has fully heel-face-turned. I know he's going to get an emotional reason for doing what he's doing, and it seemed like he was putting on a front as an excuse to give Armin and Mikasa a bunch of info he reeeaaaallly didn't have to go out of his way to give... but I don't care at this point. Shitting on Mikasa seemed like pointlessly-cruel nonsense that proved he's definitely being influenced by his own titans. Armin's words were the only thing that rattled Eren the whole chapter: "Who's the real slave to a piece of shit?"

Which makes me wonder- how has the Attack Titan really affected Eren, and how was that compounded when he ate the Warhammer Titan? I can't imagine what sort of mental fuckery the Founding Titan has caused.

Or better yet, have Levi eat Zeke. Idk, idc, I'm just fatigued with all this mysterious assholery for the the sake of mystery. Isayama has leaned on that fence-post for far too long.

3. AriesNoShion

AriesNoShion Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    That was a great / sad chapter. Even if the reader knows Eren hurts his friends on purpose, it s really hard to not hate him. I really liked the "Who's the real slave to a piece of shit?" from Armin too. Is he talking about Zeke, Coordinates / WH / Attack Titan predecessor? Maybe all of them. But mainly Zeke I guess. But why would Eren be mad about this if he doesn't fully trust Zeke? God, if he trust him 100%, I hope he ll die quick, what a dumbass.

Sadly Levi can't have Zeke or Eren Titans power, Ackerman can't turn into Titan. But this is certainly what saved him in the first place (or he doesn't like wine?) In any case, Levi vs 30 mindless Titans in this field, my money is still on Levi. The problem is that Zeke can run away now and play a little longer with Eren.

For the Ackerman bond thing I m still not convinced. Mikasa would act like that even witout such a trick. I still don't remember any headaches from them through the entire history and Levi or Kenny don't match what Eren describes. But eh, that's only my opinion.

So it seems that the Yaegerists all knew about the wine. This point is a dealbreaker for me, I can't see any scenario where I can sympathise with them anymore. Using their own comrades as weapon is Marley low tier, hope Eren is just using them and they will all die. Floche first, hate this moron, he s always wrong about everything. Nicholo was just a victim, I m glad that he didn't know much about it.

An other thing I don't get is how Marleyans and Yaegerists are able to work together, aren't they suppose to be the worst ennemies of all time? How can the Grior dude speak about Eldians this bad and being in the same team? That's why I still think Zeke acts for Marley. He's playing with Eldians Yaegerists, how can they trust him so easily?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    shipleyy likes this.
  4. Estarossa173

Estarossa173 Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Unlike some people here, I still prefer this Eren over the one in the beginning of the story (aka the Eren who’s always angry and yelling).

Emperor Spriggan, nyan and shipleyy like this.
  5. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Doubtful about Zeke working for Marley.None of those warriors knew about Zeke's plans.Zeke's true allegiance lies with himself only.

Now regarding the headaches I don't remember if she had before but now she is definitely suffering from it.Also we saw Levi suffering from it this chapter.

Someone in Reditt pointed out that Eren's current personality is a mixture of Founding,Attack and Warhammer Titan memories.The only time we saw his genuine emotions was when Armin called him a slave.

Same.His current personality is much more mature.

6. AriesNoShion

AriesNoShion Registered User

France
    Well none of Eren allies know about his real plan either I guess, that doesn't mean it's impossible. It only means we don't have any proof yet. Zeke knows well how Marley will react even without him, like Eren knew how Paradise would react when he attacks Marley. They both are playing with their "allies" thinking they know better and only they can fix this mess. But at this moment, you have to admit that Marley would be very happy about this mess, they haven't been so close to destroy Paradise Island from the inside before. And god they tried very hard.

Hll and Arjuna like this.
  7. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Yeah Paradis is falling from within

Btw most probably Code Geass scenario won't happen

From Reditt why it won't happen

Eren and Pyxis talking about how the world wouldn't unite to take down a common enemy, and Pyxis and Erwin talking about how humanity would continue fighting until we are down to one person or less.

8. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    He really still is D: As I said before in this thread, the invasion plan to rescue Eren came from him. He had to work with a lot of unknown factors there and try to be ahead of them. He was even the one behind the decision of transforming himself into the Colossal to exterminate the Marley fleet. He's not passive to the point of completely refuting action, he just prefers not to take the violence route, and he's not only right about it but also completely in character: ever since he was a kid, he would rather take the punches than to fight back, and he had a reason for that - that he would be only perpetrating the chain. The Armin we have now is 100% the Armin from before to me (when we're talking about the stances he's taking in this "war", dunno about Annie).
    Mikasa had headaches when she was talking to the blonde girl Yeagerist in the prison, recalling her past with Eren. Levi just had a headache now recalling Erwin. Maybe with the way Isayama portraits it, we just didn't connect those panels with headaches, but now I'm curious to check back if when Levi decided for Armin's life, for example, there was any kind of panel like those other 2 I mentioned now.
    He's still a hateful and angry prick xD Like Armin said, it's always "kill, kill, kill" with him xD

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    AriesNoShion likes this.
  9. Gessekai

Gessekai Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    It seems to me that Eren is telling a series of half-truths. I don't believe a single thing he said is a full truth or a full lie, maybe besides being free which is a blatant lie. The mechanics of what he explains sound believable and we have enough evidence to prove them right, but some of the details, implications, and his true feelings towards them sound disingenuous.

For example, Eren hating Mikasa because she has no freedom. Being irritated with livestock mentality has always been Eren's thing, this is consistent. But I'm in agreement with others here that taking it personally to people who can't control it or have stripped away from them isn't. I can see Eren always hating the fact that Mikasa would throw her life away in an instant for him, but that's less Mikasa and more the idea that's she's forced to do that. And the irritableness comes from the fact that she's close to him and has to do that.

I also believe he's playing a semantics game with Mikasa being forcibly attached to him. I could be completely wrong, as I tend to miss big details pretty easily, but what if it's more that the Ackerman can will themselves toward a goal and once they're willed, they'll completely follow this goal? While headaches are caused when you deviate from the goal. My reasoning is because Levi gets a headache near the end of this chapter. Erwin is dead, but he has a long speech about killing the one who he thought represented hope, with the headache following after. The words "Fight" did activate Mikasa, but she herself repeats it in her head a few times before she actually does it and paths activates. Eren explains thats because she tricked herself into thinking he was the host. Which sounds vague and more to me like she willed herself into protecting Eren. Which if is the case, she isn't free in a sense but is also the one who wanted it in the first place.

Someone posted a series of headaches here. https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:41281
    It seems Mikasa has one when she is fleeing with Eren. IMO, some of these are pretty random times to be having them (though some are questionable if they're even headaches). They seem less like resistance to being forced to protect someone and more like being unable to. She even has one when she's fleeing with Eren away from their mother. She seems to reiterate family throughout the series, unlike Levi who reiterates symbols of hope.

Lastly, I'm not sure if completely believe that Mikasa's affection towards Eren is from the bond. I believe that she's controlled by it to a large extent and that it causes her to protect him. Though, he said the real Mikasa's persona died when she was 9 years old. But no one has shown Mikasa's type of affection towards the one they're bonded with. Hell, Levi threatened to break Erwin's legs to protect him. Mikasa won't physically harm Eren, instead, she goes everywhere with Eren to protect him and mothers him. To say she's devoid of her original personality seems inaccurate to me when she's been a motherly figure to Eren, which is specific to her.

10. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    When Carla died and when Armin was about to die her headaches were probably influenced by the paths.

Gessekai likes this.
  11. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    Yeah, agreed. If anything, I imagine he'd get angry due to feeling powerless about helping her to change that. Maybe that's the case in the end, and that's his way to force her to break free from him, by repulsion.

Gessekai likes this.
  12. Purity of Magi

Purity of Magi Registered User

Qatar
    Hey guys just wanted to say that you can fully ignore this warning post and feel free to mention it and use the panel without spoiler tags.

Thank you in advance. o/​

13. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    One thing just caught my attention.The theory that Historia is pregnant by Eren.

Actually I never thought this theory had ever any basis but slowly and after seeing the chapter it might be true based upon Eren's mental state in this chapter.

@Farfalla
    @Eigengrau what do you think?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2018 ---
    [​IMG]

14. Athrin

Athrin Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    IDK. To me, the "freedom" the Attack titan wants increasingly looks to be a selfish dream. It's the freedom to roam, to explore, to do whatever the hell it wants. It's freedom at any cost, and if we're assuming Eren isn't being 100% honest with his feelings, the way he's going about getting freedom for himself--through freedom of his people--looks to be the same. There's just no way Levi ends up in that situation without Eren having some knowledge of it happening, even if he thinks it's just to distract Levi long enough to show Armin and Misaka what he wants to show them.

A.ulq likes this.
  15. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

The Wall
    But Eren said that some Ackerman could manifest the power of the Titans '0'...
    Wouldn't that mean that they can transform without having a Titan power?

ಠ_ಠ
    Some people like myself don't want to be spoiled on that, so no.

I'm still processing this chapter since it was a lot to take in, but I don't think so.

Like, I could theoretically understand Isayama making THIS Eren be the father, by ways of him "imposing" himself on Historia, but isn't that a bit much?

I don't think Isayama/Eren would go so far as to "rape" Historia... but that's just me... unless Historia and Eren are the only ones who know what Eren is trying to do (making the whole world hate him, and him alone?) or something...

But yeah I'm still sticking with my theory that Eren being the father doesn't make sense.

Again, I would understand if Isayama decided to have Eren be the father by forcing himself on Historia, just to make him more "evil" in the eyes of, well, everyone (as well as the readers), but I think that's a bit much, I don't know.

16. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Well i don't mean he forced himself upon Historia but remember what Historia said to Eren,'I will be your ally always' so i saw some theories that Eren is currently doing all this to his friends only to protect Historia.Something along this line.

17. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

The Wall
    Yeah yeah, but for me it all go back to what I said; that doesn't justify him impregnating her since she could literally have anyone else do it... I don't know, I could be wrong but I don't see it.

I don't see him crying anywhere :0

Giangi likes this.
  18. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    [​IMG]

Ah, Arju, I don't think he's Historia's lover or wtv.
    They never seemed very close, although they did have their moment where they shared feelings/thoughts and the likes. I also don't think that Eren had stopped so far to think about fu'ing something specific when he's aiming for the entire world '_' Ok... bitching aside, I also don't think he'd be comfortable with the fact that Historia has royal blood, considering how much he's averted to all the system they created. I can understand that he would accept a suggestion from Yelena to get Historia pregnant and postpone this Zeke titan passing; but I don't think he'd be the one to do it. I see no motive or gain from it.

Arjuna likes this.
  19. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Here Levi looked teary eyed to me

[​IMG]

I am honestly 50 50 with this idea.I cannot neither deny nor accept it.

20. M.Khedr

M.Khedr Registered User

Egypt
    ( Eren x Meliodas ) You understand nothing ,

( Mika x Elizabeth ) they can not understand your feelings :(:(

Can't wait to see Armin in purgatory to get Eren's emotions :D :D

[​IMG]

Emperor Spriggan likes this.
  21. Zibi234

Zibi234 Registered User

Poland
    All that Mikasa has to do to prove Eren he is wrong about her is for her to "hit/punch Eren" really hard, since if she goes around by instinct then she would not be able to hurt him. Punching Eren would be against the host/guard thing as she opposed the instinct... if she adds "You idiot" to him after the punch then its a double proving since she talked back to the host.

I guess Eren wants to push Mikasa aside so she could just move on with her life since he will die in like 2-3years, so the sooner she lets go, the less it will hurt.

Moeru likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.