Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 113 Discussion/ 114 Predictions

Farfalla

Permacranky~
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Country
Tuvalu
Fuck, I missed lots of alerts, lol.

About Xavier being the previous BT... I wonder when he would have inherited it himself. Those panels Eigen shared showed him following Grisha and Zeke since the former was a child. There's a way bigger time gap than 13y in between that.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Fire Nation
Chapter was ok but I am kinda surprise that levi can take out 40 titans on his own in an instant. Back in the day scouting legion veterans had something like 40 titan kills each.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
The Wall
Chapter was ok but I am kinda surprise that levi can take out 40 titans on his own in an instant. Back in the day scouting legion veterans had something like 40 titan kills each.
Well I mean, we have to take into account that he was surrounded by giant trees. If there was ever a perfect environment to get rid of Titans with 3Dmg, I'm sure it'll be that.

Also if you recall, what the Levi Squad did to the Female Titan to bring it down was pretty much what Levi himself did later by himself, so I think it's been well-established since the start that he's Humanity's strongest for a reason, and in this case taking care of Mindless Titans all huddled together wouldn't be much of a problem at all for him.

A.ulq

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Winterfell
Zeke’s overconfidence was his downfall this chapter, which ultimately will jeopardise his plans. I wonder how he plans on communicating with Eren (possibly through the path?). Moreover, I don’t know whether to feel reassured or perturbed after that swift victory for Levi. The guy has been waving flags for a while now and if he is heading towards Eren, then I expect an exhilarating showdown between the two. However, if he intends to go elsewhere I hope he quickly discards him - the guy will be the death of him:errr.

FatKitty

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Country
United States
I feel like Levi isn't OP... He was literally in a forest, the best possible environment for fighting titans. I think that even a moderately skilled person could do ok in that environment, and if it was his old squad they would have done well also.

I think that Levi's greatest danger is Eren himself at this point. Eren's regard for his friends right now seems to be at an all time now, and if Levi is the only thing standing between him and Zeke I think that he would have no problem fighting Levi, especially using the Warhammer Titan's skills to keep a distance from him.

It's already been established that Pieck is on the island, so maybe the light from those titans changing will lead the warriors to the forest. Either way there is a storm of shat brewing....

Arjuna

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Country
India
Hajime Isayama’s Monthly Q&A on Bessatsu Shonen Magazine February's Issue

Scan and translations by suniuz.tumblr.com

Q: Why did Mikasa cut her hair short?

A: She used to keep it long and make a ponytail. Due to some unexpected accident, the knot part was chopped off.

Character Nickname for Sasha is: “花より肉 Meat over Flower”. (T/N: This is a reference to an idiom ‘花より団子 Sweet Rice Dumpling over Flower’, which means one would prefer practicality over elegance/taste/aesthetics.)

Reader’s reasoning: She is a foodie character, so I think she would even prefer “meat” over “sweet rice dumplings”.

Editor’s comment: Thank you for sending along an illustration of Sasha as an angel!

Hll

Country
India
@Arjuna I see that you are preparing for Vinland Saga already.Tbh,I can't wait as well,especially since ir has been mo tha si ce i last read a chapter.

I love AoTs narrative against nationalism and it's associated faults.I don't know if Isayama planned this from the start or it is something he incorporated recently while looking g at world events but it is fantastic to read something so intune with the times.

Flochs words and actions are exactly what is wrong with nationalism,especially when it turns into.jingoism and males no difference between nuanced opposition and hatred.Hadis did not deserve that and this 'With us or against us' thong is just bullshit.I hope the Owls memories would convince Eren of that much at least.

Also Levi is Levi,it is so satisfying to see Zeke shit himself when he realized his plan failed and then get torture.Honestly Zeke got away much easier the last time he fought Levi.

Haaa NOW it feels like Christmas! Can't wait to see all the awsomeness. Serves you right Zeke, you were trash, ans you finish a dumb trash.Levi unable to kill his past comrades because they have been turned into Titan, haha, bad move, baaaad move. I can't wait to see all Zeke's story, that is ne of the most interisting one i guess.
Yeah it will be his last contribution before he kicks the bucket.

Is Eren's plan to be killed (along his fanatic faction) by the Eldians so the rest of the world sees that there are good Eldians who will execute the Eldian demons? Because this arc is not really making much sense if he has a different goal
Maybe the plan is there is no plan.Perhaps the aheer number of memories Eren has inherited is just messing with his head that he is just acting on the one drive that united all his predecessors-their hunger for power.

Maybe Eren is the one who is being controlled by others and is made to act on someone else's will.It makes a lot more sense than him willingly making the wo rld your enemy when you are neither ready and throwing your lot in with a two faced Viper or maybe Monkey is more appropriate.

im actually surprised people believed levi would die lol

i think you forgot that zeke owned the armored titan in a hand to hand combat like nothing.
But even Eren owned the Armored Titan once he was able to harden his body.

himself007

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Sunspear
I wonder how all those people saying how satisfying it's to see Zeck in the situation he's right now. How they will feel in 6 months time when the invasion starts and the Eldians won't have the proper means to defend themselves if he dies. Also, everyone saying shit about Floch, any revolution is made with blood and I'm not saying he's right, but that's always the way. #RealityCheck for you
#ErenFactionFTW

Horrible Chapter, but at least the plot for the Eldians to not have the means to defend themselves is set, now it's just to wait the end.

#Endoftheworld.

Eigengrau

Country
The Wall
I wonder how all those people saying how satisfying it's to see Zeck in the situation he's right now. How they will feel in 6 months time when the invasion starts.
But that's the thing, there probably won't be an invasion to begin with, and the story/manga will be over by then.

-> attack on Liberio
-> this leads the Warriors to launch a pre-attack/ambush on their own
-> which in turn ends up putting all the Titan powers in the same place
-> and I believe the 9 Titan powers together will trigger "something", which in turn will lead to the end of the series/prevent a world-wide conflict, like the wiping of everyone's memories for example, or something similar in that kind of scale.

No one can survive the invasion of the allied forces. That's a fact, not even if the 9 Titans were working together, so we know from the get go that it's probably not going to happen that way because otherwise everyone would be killed and the story would end, and that's not gonna happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)