1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  4. New Week, New Contest!
    We're back to the regular contests. This time, it's Brothers Avatar & Signature Set. Showcase brotherly love in sets!

Voting has begun for the Caligraphy summer contest!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 have begun! Show us your love!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 91 Discussion / 92 Predictions

Discussion in 'History of Humanity' started by Battou, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobie

Kobie Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Let's simplify things... from this chapter we know 100% that Marley have the dancing titan, because they did not list it as one they lost. And we can assume the "dancing titan" (if not consumed by RPGZ) isn't available for battle. It also hasn't gone to some random Eldian, because after 4 years we'd expect to see him trained and and mobilized for battle.

Not trying to be rude, but it's reckless to deduce that "Ymir's power clearly belongs" to Jaws or Mule without a visual or written clue. Sure it's a possibility. I think that if any shifter consumed Ymir, it was Zeke, as evidenced by Isayama's redraw to give him claws and black eyes (which were attributes specific to the dancing titan and not Ymir's original form, if I may slip that point in). However I don't think this is the case since Magath doesn't say "Colt, if you are the one to receive BOTH the Beast AND Dancing titans..."

Again, Marley strategy hasn't been for shifters to consume other shifters. Presumably it's irreversible unless the shifter is allowed to die naturally. At that point, the Marley would then have to hunt down young Eldians and try to discern who has it, and pray to God that the titan power randomly transferred to the Eldian ghettos and not to Paradis. It's just too risky. So I think the Marley would rather have separate titans to use however they require.

Also as you point out, Ymir was willing to return the titan power and go back to the Marley. Had she been unwilling, maybe I could see a scenario where a shifter may have been forced to consume her. But if you take my point that this is not in the Marley's military interest, and has never been so for the duration of the Eldians living on Paradis, then Marley shifter's should not be consuming other shifters for the sake of it.

The question about Pieck's activities is a valid one and could be huge. We know he was undertaking surveillance of the SL right before Shiganshina, but how far back might this operation go?

I'm not sure which 100+ mindless titans you are referring to... the ones at Shiganshina? weren't they either the Ragako villagers or ones that invaded Wall Maria from before?

I agree. It won't be so simple for the Marley to simply pamper and brainwash a new Eldian holder for the coordinate titan or the combined titan, if that titan has full access to all the memories from before. That shifter could not follow the whims of a society who enslaves his/her people.

2. kraftpunk

kraftpunk Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    This is kind of straying away from the topic, but now that we've learned that each of the 9 titan powers has its own uniqueness how does daddy reiss having a vial of "armor power" in his bag make any sense? Unless being able to "manufacture" titan power is glimpse into the secret of what's really going on...? That being said...Isayama better reconcile this or he's leaving some gaping plot holes...

3. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

The Wall
    But they also don't list it as one that they have avaïlable for battle/war, so I don't think we can say with 100% certainty that Marley has it.

I didn't say that it belonged, I said the opposite: the Jaw's power isn't Ymir's power, and Jaw's/Galliard's apperance should be enough to confirm this.

The ones that appeared with Zeke during the Shiganshina battle. They weren't from the Ragako village, because those Titans were all killed and accounted for (and that's how they reached the conclusion that Titans are humans, since the numbers of Titans that were killed/appeared inside Wall Rose were the same number of missing persons from the village).

My point was, those Titans weren't "there". They appeared/materialized out of nowhere, as if +100 people were all transformed/injected at once, so it couldn't have been the Titans that invaded Wall Maria UNLESS Zeke can somehow transform/untransform Eldians at will.

Kobie likes this.
  4. Reirei

Reirei Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Ireland
    So glad its been confirmed that mule titan is a shifter :D I had so many arguments about how he has to be one, since he could talk fluently, but so many just did not want it to be true :P

Loved the chapter, so hyped to see what everyone's been up to, hope we get to see them all in chapter 92. I miss Levi! And I'm sooo curious about what happened to Annie.

5. Jedidiyah

Jedidiyah Registered User

United States
    I've been busy for a while and now tried to read several chapters at once and got confused. Maybe you can answer some of the questions I had.

Do Eldians and Marleans intentionally allude to Wells's Eloys (privileged) and Morlocks (workhorses) or is it just a coincidence?

Do I understand right that the correct translation of the manga's title is Attack Titan, not Attack on Titan?

How exactly did Marleans make the "warriors" serve them with such a passion? To the extent that Bertold once said "you are all innocent but you still have to die", and he presumably knew the big picture. Do we know what the warrior "hometown" is? Is it a particular place or just euphemism for outside the walls?

Zeke once threatened to take Colossal away from Bertold. Would that stop the 13 year count, or did he just mean that he'd be eaten by someone else? Do Marleans use "serums" a la Rod Reiss? And what did Rod mean when he said there is a reason he can't become a titan. Is it related to 13 years?

What happened to "wall titans take a walk"? Which are the wall titans, by the way, Colossal?

I am lost on the timeline, the 2000 years, the in-wall fake history with the 13 year expiration dates, the whole fairy-tale about Ymir, the Demon, and the Nine Titans (is it more fake history, but this time for outside the walls?). Do we have some straight chronology yet or is it still a mess?

Thanks

6. Battou

Battou ⎲⎳∐∏

Global Moderator

Uruguay
    Yes, it actually varies, as other 'correct' translation would be "advancing giants" , it certainly wasn't supposed to be "attack on titan"
    Brainwashing and extortion to some degree, they are promised to live peacefully and save their kin if they acomplish their mission, brainwashing comes into play since they are pretty much toddlers.

You should know this already if you are up to date with the chapters, if you are not, then please keep reading or you'll get spoiled.
    eaten by someone else (it was towards reiner tho?)

It hasn't come into play (yet, if ever) , yes they are colossal, but mindless titans.
    • Chapter 1, Attack on Shiganshina -> Year 845
    • Attack on Trost -> Year 850
    • Chapter 89, Aftermath of the reclamation of Shiganshina -> Year 850 (three months after the attack on Trost)
    • Chapter 90 -> Year 850 followed by a nine month time skip to Year 851
    • Chapter 91 -> Year 854, a three year time skip from last chapter

7. Eigengrau

The Wall
    Isayama said somewhere that the only reason Rod didn't want to become a shifter was because he was afraid.

Jedidiyah and xzaizenx like this.
  8. Kobie

Kobie Registered User

United States
    Thanks for this prompt to check Isayama, I also wasn't clear on it. So apparently, Rod thought he needed a full human lifespan (and without influence or obstruction by the 145th King) to resume breeding like a rabbit and otherwise to guide and oversee future progenitor transfer processes. Everybody was so focused on the basement, but you'd think someone in the Reiss estate would have had some records, journals, or "recipes for Titan serum". I don't think we ever saw or read about a search of his estate?

hecatoncheir likes this.
  9. mattiaildivino

mattiaildivino Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

Italy
    As 4 years have passed since they captured Annie, I truly think they have already opened her crystal, and thus we'll finally see her again in the next chapter. I'm expecting a initial flashback concerning the moment when they/she opened it, like Kenny's chapters.
    At this point, I think it's possible she actually joins them. I know, her sins are unforgivable, but what they need now is information and likely an ally. One Piece's last chapters teaches this pretty well :XD

10. Eigengrau

The Wall
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised - or mad - if we're stuck with these new characters for a whole volume, meaning we would only see Eren and the rest again in July/Chapter 95 I think.

11. Catzzz123456

Catzzz123456 Registered User

Russian Federation
    Some info about Marley and 2 last titans already given in chapter 91.
    So Isayama don't need to show something more like he doing all the time. He can show who was that 2 last titans and will they start attack and then... Action must be start.
    And more importantly that there is a lot of unanswered question like why Ilse titan controlled himself etc.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  12. Battou

Battou ⎲⎳∐∏

Global Moderator

Uruguay
    Well sure, there's ALOT of unanswered things , but doesn't mean he has to deliver the answers within the following chapters, the basement has been the most mysterious plot device in the story, and it was only revealed more than half of the manga later, such details should come to light throughout the manga, there's plenty of chapters left to cover it.

Catzzz123456 likes this.
  13. natsulucy

natsulucy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

India
    I really want Eren and Falco to meet and it seems to me Gabi will fight Mikasa.Both of them have similar personality to some extent.

Catzzz123456 likes this.
  14. Catzzz123456

Russian Federation
    How they can meet? Eren have 4 years to die and Falco and others of new group even don't have titan powers and it doesn't seem to them to have it. Yes, Gabi proved herself but I doubt Magath give her that power because she is too risky. She can just be death now but not. Magath know it.
    But that will be interesting if Wall people and new group will meet. Again I can't predict that it not or will happen. We know now some info about that new group but only Isa knows that role he left for them. May be they will be dead in next chapters.

15. mattiaildivino

mattiaildivino Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

Italy
    In all honesty, it's quite obvious our heroes will meet some of these new guys, sooner or later, otherwise showing them would be quite a waste of time... I expect at least one of them to die in the incoming attack, to maintain AoT's usual pace, but some of them have to meet the SL either in this war or in the next assault to retrieve the coordinate, as warriors that is. However, Colt isn't likely gonna become a warrior, as Zeke will most likely reveal his true nature and act according to his own agenda :cheez

natsulucy and Catzzz123456 like this.
  16. natsulucy

India
    Well the way Falco is potrayed in the first scene with a bird flying in the sky,well it looked exactly like Eren's first scene(somehow the paths are probably showing it to both of them).

Now as most probably Gabi will recieve the power of the Armored Titan these small groups of warriors will again invade Paradis.And Falco loves Gabi he will accompany him i believe.

And this way Eren & Co. will meet these guys.

17. Catzzz123456

Russian Federation
    Hmm. That will be interesting meeting.
    But we all know that meeting of Reiner, Zeke and Eren, Co of course will be very very more interesting... But with that new characters I doubt that meeting will be a fight, it will be something like last mission of RBAZ(except A and B) on something I can't know - I guess so. That would be better in the story itself. Because a lot of readers wanting that meeting. I mean, especially Zeke - his story not even revealed after he betrayed Grisha - he needs to be killed by only Levi one on one... If it will be fight like in Shiganshina then Zeke will be the same war chief of that mission like in Shiganshina and Reiner will be then given to Gabi in which I very doubt so - because she is very risky - but that's a reason she can obtain that :)

natsulucy likes this.
  18. natsulucy

India
    Yeah i agree.

Levi is the one who will most probably kill Zeke.That's why i said previously that it is highly improbable for Colt to eat Zeke this early.Reiner will fall-chances are 80-90%.

And one funny thing came in my mind-what if Falco and Eren become allies in the future.That will be a huge twist.

19. Catzzz123456

Russian Federation
    May be that's why we seen only Reiner in that chapter. Zeke wasn't showed.
    So as Zeke said if Reiner again falls then his power will be given to someone. He have 4 years left but we know that he will be dead soon likely.

How strongest titan can be eaten if they even don't accomplished their mission? They firstly need make use of strongest titan. I mean Marley.

Falco like adult Eren in some way so yes of course that can be. Anyway there will be huge twists like we have seen before :)

20. Jedidiyah

Jedidiyah Registered User

United States
    Speaking of, one of these new characters looks like younger Eren (big-eyed one who talks a lot, I think name's Gabi), and their CO is reminiscent of Zeke. Anything to it or is it just Isayama's drawing style, perhaps so that we don't miss Eren too much until July?

Also do you have any thoughts on the Ymir story? I was so glad that the Wall King "gathering all humanity" turned out to be a fable, but the "contract with the devil" is not much better. There was a steampunk quality to early chapters, so I originally assumed as the backstory something like scientific experiment gone wrong, or an aftermath of an all out war with titans as weapons. That was pretty cliche, of course, and the current setting is certainly more creative, but do you think we'll see another Russian doll within a doll, or at least a sciencish explanation of titan powers? Outright magic/mysticism just seems out of place somehow.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Kobie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.