1. The Animal Photography! contest is now open. Capture those beautiful creatures and share them with us.

Congrats to riki for winning the Short Story contes!!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Nominate your favorites now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 91 Discussion / 92 Predictions

Discussion in 'Shingeki no Kyojin' started by Battou, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

The Wall
    And that Udo kid (the one with the glasses) definitely looks like a mix between Hange and Bert... I mean I couldn't even tell at first what gender he was. I think their appearance is supposed to mirror that of the characters that we're already familiar with. Even Zofia kinda looks like Annie with her somewhat stern looks and lack of dialogue.

That's actually the plot for the oneshot that Isayama did... if you haven't seen it yet you should check it out (Chapter 0 pretty much).

Anyway, can't say I have some interesting thoughts on it, whatever Isayama delivers I'll probably like it. There's just way too many things we don't know at the moment, but I'm guessing we haven't seen/heard the really real history of the world just yet, and how these Titan powers came to be, but to be honest I'd be ok with the same scenario/explanation presented in Chapter 0 and some other theories I saw years ago (fake "ending" spoilers and the like).

Jedidiyah likes this.
  2. COBALT

COBALT Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Japan
    I still don't understand why Annie's power is called the Female Titan. I hoped it would be called the Crystal Titan or summat, because crystallization seems to be be Annie's unique ability.
    I mean, how can the Female Titan be a power? We know most ladies don't have a feminine appearance when they become titans (Dina, Connie's mom, Ymir(even as a shifter)), but we've seen other Female like titans in the past (Frieda and one mindless). This is why I think the 'Female Titan' should be renamed to 'Crystal Titan'. I mean, what would happen if the 'Female Titan' power went to a guy?

3. Kobie

Kobie Registered User

United States
    I get you. My initial thought is that it is just an attribute of the original titan of Ymir that had to go somewhere in the split-off. Maybe it's the consolidation of Ymir's beauty and femininity, ignoring the fact that she has no actual skin. As you say, females take a male body when titanized, so why couldn't a male take a female body with the "female titan"? Or instead, maybe the femininity of the female titan can be "accessed" by a female shifter only.

As far as crystallizing, I think of Reiner's ability to shift his life-force around his body, and Bert's ability to steam. They were named for their appearance only, not really for their hidden abilities.

I think the crystalizing is weird in general, because Reiner is the titan with the armor. Maybe Ymir Fritz could crystalize, and the amoured titan represents her skeleton? IDK.

4. Battou

Battou ⎲⎳∐∏

Global Moderator

Uruguay
    Except that this is something all shifters can do or at least, both reiner and berthold , as said by berthold "this is our last resort"
    [​IMG]

5. Catzzz123456

Catzzz123456 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Russian Federation
    In other translations there is" you"
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Original Post Date: Mar 22, 2017 at 4:25 PM ---
    Anyway we don't seen that anyone except Reiner used that.

About Annie - you don't need to worry about her because she will dead slowly and painfully. That's how it went out if you kill a lot of people in some way.

Why Annie was catched first? She killed a lot of people. More that anyone other shifter. I mean she most relentless shifter.

Why Reiner was saved 4 times on a row and he was almost dead? Because he not only killed people, he saved them like Connie etc AND there is a role for him of course. Reiner warrior and Reiner soldier - Marley and Walled people...

Zeke... He killed most of people at Shiganshins and he almost got catched for that... Also there is role for him but he will be killed fast by Levi.

6. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

The Wall
    That's because Reiner was the only one to have been pushed that far... if the same thing had happened to any other Shifter I'm sure they would've tried that as well.

That's not exactly true, since Reiner and Bert were responsible for 250.000 deaths, way more than the number of persons Annie killed.

Annie also saved Jean and a bunch of others, she also didn't kill Armin...

Catzzz123456 likes this.
  7. Catzzz123456

Catzzz123456 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Russian Federation
    I was thinking about that. Yes, R and B responsible for that but they don't do that using their own hands like Annie do.
    Anyway I agree with you now.

But actually... All of them will get killed or catched because they are on Marley side if they are gonna start war they will be dead anyway. And here Reiner can be on Eren side - I'm talking about his soldier person - he doesn't know warrior he is... Or soldier who fight with Eren vs Titans.

8. COBALT

COBALT Registered User

Japan
    I'm not trying to be sexist. I am just emphasizing the fact that the 'ability to look like a woman' really shouldn't count as a titan power. And Reiner and Eren's hardening ability are different than Annie's.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017 at 3:24 PM