1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 91 Discussion / 92 Predictions

Discussion in 'History of Humanity' started by Battou, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

The Wall
    And that Udo kid (the one with the glasses) definitely looks like a mix between Hange and Bert... I mean I couldn't even tell at first what gender he was. I think their appearance is supposed to mirror that of the characters that we're already familiar with. Even Zofia kinda looks like Annie with her somewhat stern looks and lack of dialogue.

That's actually the plot for the oneshot that Isayama did... if you haven't seen it yet you should check it out (Chapter 0 pretty much).

Anyway, can't say I have some interesting thoughts on it, whatever Isayama delivers I'll probably like it. There's just way too many things we don't know at the moment, but I'm guessing we haven't seen/heard the really real history of the world just yet, and how these Titan powers came to be, but to be honest I'd be ok with the same scenario/explanation presented in Chapter 0 and some other theories I saw years ago (fake "ending" spoilers and the like).

Jedidiyah likes this.
  2. COBALT

COBALT Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Japan
    I still don't understand why Annie's power is called the Female Titan. I hoped it would be called the Crystal Titan or summat, because crystallization seems to be be Annie's unique ability.
    I mean, how can the Female Titan be a power? We know most ladies don't have a feminine appearance when they become titans (Dina, Connie's mom, Ymir(even as a shifter)), but we've seen other Female like titans in the past (Frieda and one mindless). This is why I think the 'Female Titan' should be renamed to 'Crystal Titan'. I mean, what would happen if the 'Female Titan' power went to a guy?

3. Kobie

Kobie Registered User

United States
    I get you. My initial thought is that it is just an attribute of the original titan of Ymir that had to go somewhere in the split-off. Maybe it's the consolidation of Ymir's beauty and femininity, ignoring the fact that she has no actual skin. As you say, females take a male body when titanized, so why couldn't a male take a female body with the "female titan"? Or instead, maybe the femininity of the female titan can be "accessed" by a female shifter only.

As far as crystallizing, I think of Reiner's ability to shift his life-force around his body, and Bert's ability to steam. They were named for their appearance only, not really for their hidden abilities.

I think the crystalizing is weird in general, because Reiner is the titan with the armor. Maybe Ymir Fritz could crystalize, and the amoured titan represents her skeleton? IDK.

4. Battou

Battou Sejuani

Global Moderator

Uruguay
    Except that this is something all shifters can do or at least, both reiner and berthold , as said by berthold "this is our last resort"
    [​IMG]

5. Catzzz123456

Catzzz123456 Registered User

Russian Federation
    In other translations there is" you"
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 22, 2017 ---
    Anyway we don't seen that anyone except Reiner used that.

About Annie - you don't need to worry about her because she will dead slowly and painfully. That's how it went out if you kill a lot of people in some way.

Why Annie was catched first? She killed a lot of people. More that anyone other shifter. I mean she most relentless shifter.

Why Reiner was saved 4 times on a row and he was almost dead? Because he not only killed people, he saved them like Connie etc AND there is a role for him of course. Reiner warrior and Reiner soldier - Marley and Walled people...

Zeke... He killed most of people at Shiganshins and he almost got catched for that... Also there is role for him but he will be killed fast by Levi.

6. Eigengrau

The Wall
    That's because Reiner was the only one to have been pushed that far... if the same thing had happened to any other Shifter I'm sure they would've tried that as well.

That's not exactly true, since Reiner and Bert were responsible for 250.000 deaths, way more than the number of persons Annie killed.

Annie also saved Jean and a bunch of others, she also didn't kill Armin...

Catzzz123456 likes this.
  7. Catzzz123456

Catzzz123456 Registered User

Russian Federation
    I was thinking about that. Yes, R and B responsible for that but they don't do that using their own hands like Annie do.
    Anyway I agree with you now.

But actually... All of them will get killed or catched because they are on Marley side if they are gonna start war they will be dead anyway. And here Reiner can be on Eren side - I'm talking about his soldier person - he doesn't know warrior he is... Or soldier who fight with Eren vs Titans.

8. COBALT

COBALT Registered User

Japan
    I'm not trying to be sexist. I am just emphasizing the fact that the 'ability to look like a woman' really shouldn't count as a titan power. And Reiner and Eren's hardening ability are different than Annie's.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017
  9. lexx

lexx Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Remember folks, authors aren't necessarily literary geniuses.
    There's quite a few inconsistencies within the lore of Attack on Titan:
    • Rod Reiss had a satchel bag of different titan shifter bottles...which doesn't match the later lore of "there's just nine titans"
    • The various Titans all having defining characteristics was kind of..not handled all that well. Especially later on. One of the shifter powers is basically a transport truck for heaven's sake.
    • Titan shifter powers basically reassigned into a random Eldian if a shifter should die by natural causes - also kind of arbitrary and random. Seems like a way of preventing the plot hole of "bullet in the brain x 9 = no more titans"
    • Heavily teasing at the coordinate power basically being shared memories BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS THROUGH TIME is...well, insane, and a huge mcguffin. I don't mind time travel plot lines...but they've gotta implement time travel in a thoughtful and consistent way, and it's gotta be central to the plot to be any good (Steins; Gate used it quite well).
    I'm worried about the future of the manga. This last chapter has introduced a whole new set of characters, and it seems to be less "Attack on Titan" and more "tales of military adventure within the AoT universe". I don't think that's going to prove a winning formula - the "hooks" that AoT had were: ultraviolence, the mystery of the Titans, the mystery of the Walls, and the pathos of Eren Yaeger. Well, the mysteries are solved, the mindless Titans have been exterminated, and at this point Eren's got what, maybe some rage left remaining towards Marley?

I'm just hoping this isn't going to turn out like Tokyo Ghoul/Re: did. So many new characters, so poorly developed, and none I give a good goddamn about.

10. Eigengrau

The Wall
    There's still only 9 Titans, Rod having serums doesn't change any of that. It just so happens that some of those powers can be used to boost up an already existing Titan shifter, but it can't create new ones.

The Mule isn't a "transport truck" just because they use it for that purpose... who knows what else it can do. A Titan that walks on all fours isn't anything new, and as we've seen with Ymir, they are particularly agile and violent, which is in line with what the Titans are supposed to be.

It's not arbitrary/random: it's the result of the curse inflicted upon the Eldians from the moment that Ymir made the deal with the devil.

It's not exactly time travel, but either way "time" has been an important element ever since the first pages of SnK, not to mention the title of the very first chapter, too, so you can't really say that this thing came out of the blue and that it's inconsistent with SnK's plot, because it's been there since the beginning.

I had no problems whatsover with the latest devolpments, in fact I welcome said new characters. For years people had been complaining and begging Isayama for a Warrior land POV, and now that we finally got it people are complaining about it, and honestly I don't get it.

This change of scenery and characters is also not only important, but essential to the plot. If we just stuck with the characters that we know while they kill their enemies and become free and that's it, what exactly would be the point for us readers? Reading all of that knowing that there are no stakes, and that we know virtually nothing of what's happening on the other side?

If this chapter showed us anything, is that the brainwashed Eldians fighting for Marley aren't any different than the Eldians inside the Walls; they're all prisoners, trying to erradicate a certain "threat" when their actual enemy is a whole other entity.

Besides, the military aspect is extremely important because it will set up the war that's sure to come... Military, warfare and strategy has always been a huge chunk of SnK, so again, don't really see where you're coming from when you say that it's detrimental to the plot.

Not really, there's still a ton of mysteries left, like who exactly was the First King and why he decided not to fight, Eren's "dream" in the first chapter, etc.

There's still the Titans inside the Walls, and the fact that there are still Eldians around - on both sides - means that nobody is safe from being turned into a Titan. So long as Eldians/their curse exist, there will always be Titans.

11. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    I am pretty sure Ymir will not be eaten in this way.She was pretty important character and she can't be eaten offscreen.Either she died in Paradis itself or she is a prisoner of Marley.

12. Battou

Battou Sejuani

Global Moderator

Uruguay
    By now im more biased towards ymir have been eaten by zeke, especially after seeing the BT in the anime preview, if it were a matter of changing the art style, why wouldn't isayama want the BT to be animated the way he looked when we last saw him in the manga?

Before ymir

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After ymir

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Then we will get a flashback of it.I missed it.Indeed those eyes of Zeke it's exactly like Ymir's.Maybe he did eat her.

14. Kobie

Kobie Registered User

United States
    I'm so glad to see more support for this theory, and I also thought the same when I saw Zeke's yellow irises and manicured fingernails in the trailer. Has anyone ever seen a link for the interview with Isayama where he supposedly talks about redrawing the beast titan?

15. ExtremiS

ExtremiS Registered User

Thailand
    the anime subbed is out, plz check the ending song guys. It might hint something about the current manga arc (but im not sure if there any)

16. DavidHernandez

DavidHernandez Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Mexico
    Link?
    the ending contains a lot of spoilers possibly for manga readers too.

17. vvisions

vvisions Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    Something just came to my mind....

Even though we can't be sure of how the Ape Titan turned people into titan, I'm assuming it could use dead corpses to the titanization process.

That's how he managed to have the cage-like strategy to trap the SL. I mainly think this, because the OP and ED of the first season of the anime, showed us, giant people giving arms, like if it was a wall, and also a fourth wall, that resulted in the ocean.

If the new OP and ED have such spoilers, we can assume that on the ED when titans appear to rise from grave, they were actually dead before. It would implie that a few dead characters could come back like titans.

Also, I believe that before the Beast Titan is passed to a new shifter, we are going to learn more about its abilties and how Zeke controlled titans and how he turned people into them.

I can't be sure, but if we take Zeke's behaviour in the anime, he acts like if he were still getting used to shift, the way he moves his hand and so on... If that's the case, then we could assume he have a lot more time to use his shifting power. This doesn't go along with the actual situation in the manga, but if we hope to see a lot more of Zeke then this could be a way to solve the problem, this situation would give him a 5 years bonus.

(hahahah the hype was real, every here and there people got stunned by the BT and Mike scene, can't wait to see animated:
    Eren using the Coordinate for the first time, ExM shipper will explode lol,
    Griesha's fate,
    Levi vs Anti-Personel Squad
    TheApe Titan above Destroyed Armored Titan,
    Levi vs BT and the subsequent events...
    I think those were a few of the most dramatic moments in the whole series so far, people that are not following the manga will most likely explode in each event hahaha)

18. Battou

Battou Sejuani

Global Moderator

Uruguay
    This used to be a popular theory back in the day "zombie titan" ,using corpses for titanization. There's plenty of evidence that suggests that's not the case,and little to no evidence that is possible.

19. hecatoncheir

hecatoncheir Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Croatia
    Manga needs to give twist and a climax, there's no such thing as a too far-fetched theory. i am in a favor or this theory, reviving the dead i mean. But i was leaning toward only collosal being able to do that, and as for their consciousness i await to find out other shifter's power to complete the hole-full theory. Now in that theory it's the spinal coord's damage or undamage that dictates whether the shifter left or didn't left the body. If i say such things than even posibility to turn corpse into a stupid titan is possible. Spinal coord can contain consciousness. Kobie in the other thread implemented somewhat similar thing, my answer was this but hole-full.

Na @Battou i'd demod u 2

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  20. Eigengrau

The Wall
    He can control them because he's a Fritz with royal blood, as for the actual transformation process we don't know yet how it's achieved.

If you're referring to the scene where he opens/closes his hand, it has nothing to do with that; he was simply going "bleh" because of the Titan's blood, that he had just squished. He was disgusted, that's all.

Yeah well, you're not gonna see anything that happens after Eren uses the Coordinate until the next season, since this one only has 12 episodes. That means no Grisha, no Kenny, no Anti-Personnel Squad, no BT Vs. Armored Titan, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.