1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. It's that time of the year again! The seventh annual MangaHelpers Community Awards are here. Click HERE to join in the fun and nominate your choices!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. The nomination round has ended and the first round of voting begins now. Click HERE to begin voting!
  5. Congratulations Kappa123 for winning the Pets Coloring contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Grab your camera! The theme is Friends Photography.

Voting has begun for the Survival Poem contest!.
  6. The semifinals are here! Vote for your favorite Manga now!
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 212 Discussion/213 Predictions

Discussion in 'Yukihira's Kitchen' started by TotalEconomist, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    We all get em.....Crazy world this place called earth is.....Full of mystery and chaos.....

2. Petrit Zeneli

Petrit Zeneli Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United Kingdom
    Nene is going to loose this war and it's going to be epic...I know one thing for sure? Central and the crowd are going to get a very big shock which is going to change everything.

but...

Kuga isn't going to win in this battle and I'm not saying that because he won't, but because he's got too many flaws. Don't think just because he's spent time with Saiba Jouichiro and Gin, as well as with the other rebels and ex members of the E10 that it will give him enough boost. Rindou ain't loosing anytime soon and neither will Tsukasa.

Tatsumaki and Zekiel like this.
  3. KittenSenpai

KittenSenpai Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    Kitty-Kun I hate it and love it at the same time ...~​

Zekiel likes this.
  4. Seraph

Seraph Artist

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Finland
    So the Judges basically blitzed Nene´s Dish because of its sheer deliciousness huh?Although the Dish in itself isn´t very special imo.
    Can´t wait to see how fast Souma´s Dish or later Isshiki´s and Tsukasa´s Dishes will be eaten by them.:yodawg
    I hate the fact that the Judging always takes so long in this Series i mean you really don´t need a whole Chapter for 1 Dish do you?
    And then another Chapter for the other Dish,and another One for the Dish Comparing and last but not least another Chapter for showing us the Winner....:epicfacepalm
    I mean i like the Series and all but this is taking a BIT long imo.
    However Nene seemingly received passing marks just to see them crushed in the next Chapter by our Yukihira Genius.
    Also Somei looked kinda arrogant at the Beginning of the Chapter but who cares about him he´ll get smashed too.:teehee

5. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    Without a doubt Kuga won't win because he'll most likely refuse to work with anyone and go solo.

I suspect the brainwashing will wear off somewhat when it's 3-0
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2017 ---
    Well as far as this fight goes.... It's not bad but not fast either.... Mainly because we have multiple chefs to focus on......

This chapter was short. If the author wanted to he could be made 2 more pages and had the judges give 1st impressions of his dish to speed things up.
    :verily
    I agree that next chapter should be the true climax and somei hopefully gets beat by Erina.... :smile-big

Seraph likes this.
  6. Chingaruna517

Chingaruna517 Registered User

United States
    The only thing truly humbling Nene is to have her see the change of perspective and view other than her own, without being overly cynical about it. Her ignorance and arrogance are nothing new among most of the Yukihira Genius's Rivals, though not a fool, but her refusal in looking another perspective outside her circle is one thing we are outright annoyed, especially regarding her food forte. The next chapter should possibly indicating how Soma make another upset by besting Nene even in her food forte and specialty.

Gee, ya think? That will going to silencing the crowd of haters with a very good measure which I find it most satisfying. Ah yes, the biggest shocker and upset will be haunting the Central for more than a few hours to come, let alone days.

Wouldn't anticipating this kind of twist and turn anytime soon, considering that Kuga's sole reason in joining Team Rebel in the first place was to retaking the seat he previously forced to forfeit under Azami's firings. Then again, i would like to wonder how he got in the defeated range?

I know, right? That begs me to wonder is there anything special about this "high-class" Soba noodles other than it made by a Soba Expert, who using her handmade noodles, with a chemistry of the dish that combined a more different ingredient that is deeply fired with a different oil. I mean, where is a variety of that? How are the judges considering that as a masterpiece is beyond me comprehension. And also, if it is not for the side dish she prepare along with the Soba, that this Soba's "magic disappearance" will not happened in the first place. Nevertheless, we pretty much wanting to see how is the Yukihira Genius make another major upset that will silencing his masses of haters.

I sincerely wish we can bypass the will not having yet another extra chapter about "What defines a Chef" thing again after next week. Its one battle too long and we still haven't seen the showcase of other Team Central and Team Rebel to see here.

Seraph likes this.
  7. Seraph

Seraph Artist

Finland
    I totally agree with you i mean i think its going rather Slow right now at least for me.
    We need to get to the other Fights too Like Isshiki vs Julio and Megishima vs Fodder Elite No.2 who need some time to shine as well i mean considering that its supposed to rely on Teamwork its a bit too much 1 on 1 for me here i´d like to see how the others Dishes play a Role in the Judging.
    For now we don´t even know what Megishima´s Ingredient to cook is i mean we know that Isshiki draw the Eel and Soma has the Soba but if we at least knew about his Ingredient we could at least think about possibilities for his Dish or how it harmonizes with the Others dishes since it was said that winning a Round is a combined effort so i´d like to see some Teamplay here.

8. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    tbh at this rate we won't get much of megashima at all imo..... probably him crushing his opponent and showing the after math.
    Im personally fine with this because megashima can only true shine against rindou or eishi like @TotalEcon was saying. Why waste time on fodder? I want to get to the next bout with erina and the umi's who need the focus.....

Seraph likes this.
  9. Seraph

Seraph Artist

Finland
    Look i see your point honestly,but they can´t just go show us Soma vs Nene and then Isshiki vs Julio and then just skip most of Megishima vs Fodder Elite just because he isn´t worth time/effort for Megishima,i agree with you when you say that he can shine the Most against a higher seated Member like Tsukasa or Rindou where he needs to put everything on the line to win against his Opponent.
    I would like to see something like that too trust me.
    But thing is if they Show us Isshiki vs Julio in the same manner as Soma vs Nene then they have to show us Megishima vs Fodder Elite in the Same way too at least imo.

10. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    meh..... it's not something the majority of the fandom will care about, trust me....

only a few do from what ive read around.....

By time erina and the umi's step up they won't event think about him.... xd

Seraph likes this.
  11. -Ken-

-Ken- Registered User

Thailand
    I expect support from Isshiki or 3rd seat... Man, so Soma is going to solo beat Nene at her specialty already.

12. Kurisubestwaifu

Kurisubestwaifu Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Portugal
    So was this the first time that someone didn't strip or had some kind of "dream" where there was nudity/ there was no real intense foodgasms or someth like that? I was actually curious how they would react to the dishes, since they are world known judges, it was interesting though, how they eat it that fast and didn't notice it. I still gind it hard for Soma to win this, but of course he will, and i will be impressed, since he has to be at another level now to acomplish something like that.
    Regarding Ishiki, i hope they show a little more of his challenged, but it will most likely be a one sided win lol. It would be cool if they show Megishima too but i i doubt they will because it will be one sided as hell, and they probably will keep him for later when he faces someone with his level of expertise.

Chingaruna517 and Zekiel like this.
  13. NateLawlet

NateLawlet Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Indonesia
    For some reason, these gourmet explanation about Nene's dish feel... bland? All the judges ever said are something along the lines of "I can't stop eating this delicious dish" and "these ingredients blend perfectly with each other".

During the Autumn Election, you can at least imagine how delicious the dishes would taste just by looking at their well-drawn illustration. The judges' explanations were quite easy to understand, and each matches had these unique theme. I didn't get these vibes from the RDC arc, the only thing that comes close is Soma vs Hayama match with bear dish as its theme.

I'm sure the authors are doing their best to come up with a dish worthy of E10, but I'll be damned if they're planning to drag this arc longer than it should be by inserting flashback or cliffhanger in each chapter.

Zekiel and Chingaruna517 like this.
  14. -Ken-

-Ken- Registered User

Thailand
    Is there going to be a break or will tournament be spread over the days in the manga? Think about it, the judge already eat 2 portion of soba, and will proceed to eat Yukihira. If you include Isshiki and 3rd seat match, that's the minimum of 7 people worth of portion in one seating. And it's only the first round lol

Zekiel likes this.
  15. TotalEconomist

TotalEconomist One True Rindou

Mangahelper

United States
    Shokugekis are completed in one day.

Just assume the judges have black hole guts.

Tatsumaki and Zekiel like this.
  16. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    I expect a bathroom break or a intermission 20 minutes period like halftime shows in the NBA or NFL..... Xd

Since they're on national TV why not right? Xd
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2017 ---
    The reason why it may seem that way is because Nene's dish is simple in design. But Tastes good. When you look at souma's dish it's pretty complex in general.

Something that'll be noticable next chapter.....

Also I don't think it'll be every chapter but some because there's only so much you can show.

JonDou likes this.
  17. Lady pompom

Lady pompom aka Asia Run

Mangahelper

Brazil
    When you read the chapter and notices that Nene is dueling with Soma, but her real interest as a rival is Isshiki, then she delivers her soba and starts "notice me Isshiki senpai". Just wondering how much she will underestimate Soma and waiting for that victorious smile when Soma wins.

Zekiel and Seraph like this.
  18. SirSamuel016

SirSamuel016 The One True Salt King

Mangahelper

Australia
    This was a decent chapter. I can't say I enjoyed it a whole lot as it was basically just judging, but it still kept my interest enough with Nene focusing more on Isshiki than Soma, setting her up to be shocked by her inevitable defeat. Also appreciated those panels of Rindou a fair bit aha and hopefully the pacing of the story doesn't take too much of a hit here, I'd prefer for it to keep moving a bit faster.

Seraph likes this.
  19. Tatsumaki

Tatsumaki Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    Or maybe she just wants the man she loves to notice her :pout
    Anyway, "understimating Soma" is the common thing every opponents Soma had share, often wrongly sometimes rightly...

20. JonDou

JonDou Registered User

Torumekian Empire
    Have you ever had soba like what Nene is serving? If you don't have a restaurant near you that serves them, see if you can get Maruchan Midori no Tanuki soba and that will be close:
    (I wish the stores around here carried the larger size)

Here is the problem. Nene is being very traditional and conservative. Her secret ingredient is sesame oil with almost no taste or aroma until you cook with it because the seeds were only lightly roasted. Her Soba will perfectly meet the expectations of what most Japanese think they SHOULD taste like. The judges plowed through that soba because it is very delicious and light on the stomach.

The authors have been using Soma to hammer home the idea to young readers that cooking is exciting and that if you become a chef, become a smart chef and don't be bogged down by tradition. The best food could be something no one has ever thought of making before. Soma will make something the judges will remember every mouthful because he knows through his experience of serving the public, new flavors and new aromas that will make those judges reluctant to leave because they may never have a chance to taste them again.

Zekiel, NateLawlet and Chingaruna517 like this.