1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.

7. Congratulations Seraph for winning the Dystopia short story contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Freestyle time!. The theme is Manhwa.

Voting has begun for the Color & Black and white photography contest contest!.
  8. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 215 Discussion/216 Predictions

Discussion in 'Yukihira's Kitchen' started by TotalEcon, May 17, 2017.

1. ghost dragon

ghost dragon Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Hmmm seeing tsundere Erina again is strangely refreshing and her race queen outfit certainly helps

2. Asia Run

Asia Run Mangahelper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Brazil
    Nene looks quite anxious to know if Isshki will win or not, and will he use the ingredients from Polar star dorm? Rindou was the only one that noticed he was trying to show something valuable, a pity the answer will come only next chap.
    Frinedship :zomg

Zekiel likes this.
  3. TotalEcon

TotalEcon Inn Keeper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    @Zekiel This was added to Urara's profile on Tv Tropes: "MRS Degree: Her goal according to Volume 2's Extras is to "Become a Wife". So while cooking skills are seemingly enough to get her through the Training Camp (See Informed Ability) it's clear that her only reason to attend Tootsuki isn't to become a chef but to marry one."

Not only this true, but this also hilarious. She's not going to find anyone that likes her nasty attitude xD

Zekiel likes this.
  4. folwre

folwre Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Her goal isn't to become a wife. That's pretty obvious from the first season anime. She says things publicly for the adoration from her fans but her actual position is something else.

[​IMG]

5. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    Ohhh noooo~ LOL!!! Hahahaha
    So your telling me she acts 2faced with others while hiding her real feelings and on top of that she just wants to hook up with a soon to be successful chef, so she can have a literal sugar daddy husband, who can most likely cook sweets?

And on top of that she's wasting her parents money going to that school?

Lol!!!! Smh.....this chick is bad news.... No wonder she was flirting with takumi after takumi tried to recognize her in the 1st Ova.....

Takumi needs to stay away from her.... Like seriously.... Xd

Not only is megumi and urara look alikes but they but there personalities are night and day.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. TotalEcon

TotalEcon Inn Keeper

Mangahelper

United States
    It's in the Vol 2. Extras >_>.

Manga > Anime
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2017, Original Post Date: May 18, 2017 ---
    @Zekiel Urara is literally anti-Megumi at this point. I hope one day Megumi expels her in a Shokugeki and takes up hosting duties, because she's becoming increasingly bad at her job.

Zekiel likes this.
  7. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    And her job is just a front too..... Lol
    It all makes sense...this most likely urara's plan..

1.Join tootsuki

2 Become the idol mc of the school

3. Make sure to be as appealing as possible so all the (shallow) boys gravitate towards her

4. Find the most appealing one and seduce him

5. Become his future wife.....

Hahaha the ultimate gold digger sugar daddy plan... Xd

Fantastico! Smh:yodawg.....

Megumi doing that along with being a elite? That's a hefty schedule

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    lol manga's out & what my attention is on right now is this Urara person. Don't think that Idol of a character will have any significance to the plot since he's not connected to Soma in anyway.

9. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    So what's your thoughts on chapter itself? And
    @Brandish

10. Chingaruna517

Chingaruna517 Registered User

United States
    Oh, yeah, that's reminding me of something that also used in a Chicken Dish. Remember how the Yukihira Genius laid a smackdown to Eizan even in the rigged Shokugeki? He also used tomato ketchup in his own dish! So how is exactly new for Julio have a tomatoes on his dish, aside from being Italian?

@TotalEcon Is anything even likable about this, parrot host other than being the host? All I can say about Urara is being obnoxious, cynical and downright unpleasant girl whose voice is like a tortured bear. Just listen to her speaking, especially her "dark form" that acting as the Central Mouthpiece is outright bad, so bad that the readers want to slap her in the face or even tell her to shut up.

Possibly because of her relationship with Satoshi as the supposed Childhood friend? Or is it because she realized all the hard work has went to a wrong direction after tasting Soma's dish for the first time while hearing Satoshi's explanation about why she lost to Soma?
    @TotalEcon In my personal point of view about Urara? To say she's becoming increasingly, what's the word, unprofessional is an bigger understatement. I've no idea what making her as the mouthpiece for the Central, all I know that she is becoming more aggravating and irritating at best, to the point we wish we were there and slap some sense on her before she can controlling our minds.

Asia Run likes this.
  11. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    That might be the only reason.....usually when it come to ingredients each country has something special. China with spices , Texas with smoking etc.

Best not to think yo hard on it. Julio is a fodder meant to get wrecked by isshiki so there's not much for him after this IMO....
    @Tatsumaki where are you?
    Haven't seen you on reddit either

12. Tatsumaki

Tatsumaki Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    @Zekiel right here ! However there's nothing much to discuss about this chapter so...

13. TotalEcon

TotalEcon Inn Keeper

Mangahelper

United States
    Well, except for the fact Eishi made a side comment about wishing Soma to be his assistant. So there is that can of worms.

Chingaruna517 and Zekiel like this.
  14. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    Soma is a central piece on the chess board & the primary driving force behind the rebels success, but it's not necessary for him to stick around participating in tournament till the end. He can be eliminated, so long as no one dares to undermine his skills again—I think this chapter does good in showing that Soma is acknowledged amongst even the top students & shouldn't be looked down at even when facing top challenges.

Erina is the king that needs to lead the team to victory, and I'm thinking she should be the last one standing in the tournament. Her friends will provide good support as she opposes the pieces her father had assembled together & triumph over them.

I like this chapter, and I would like to see what Isshki prepares that'd enlighten Nene to step up her game.

15. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

United States
    This chapter was much better than the past couple of chapters we were forced to endure. Seeing Isshiki in action is long overdue and I'm looking forward to the next chapter since we'll see something "new". I would have preferred that Julio's character had been fleshed out prior to his match with Isshiki though since he's nothing more than glorified fodder.

16. Chingaruna517

United States
    Glorified Fodder huh? Me wonder how that turn out?

17. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

United States
    Julio is going to win the match?

18. Chingaruna517

United States
    You can't be serious, this clown beating Satoshi? Highly unlikely if you ask me. Granted, his dish did show his own prowess and also his strong dedication, but do ya really think he can get away from pushing Satoshi's button by insulting the PSD?

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  19. TotalEcon

TotalEcon Inn Keeper

Mangahelper

United States
  20. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

United States
    I think you've misinterpreted my post. I was referring to Julio, not Isshiki, as glorified fodder. Anyone not named Rindou, Eishi, or Eizan (hint: Julio) will lose to Isshiki. As Julio's sole purpose in this manga is to hype Isshiki, it feels somewhat of a waste considering his level of skill.

SirSamuel016 likes this.