1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Retro Banner Contest has begun. Bring back your old memories!

Voting has begun for the Magic Short Story Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Valhalla777 for winning the Landmark Photography Art Contest !
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 263 Discussion/264 Predictions

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by TotalEconomist, May 15, 2018.

1. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Yeah Erina won't be sidelined because every decision of her will effect the academy. She has to be constantly working with others to take decisions.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2018, Original Post Date: May 17, 2018 ---
    I doubt they will challenge him and even if they challenge him there is no reason for him to accept it.

2. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Global Moderator

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    What? It's Souma. He has no reason to refuse a challenge. Especially against someone like Tsukasa who was actually 1st Seat because he was the best and who beat him without trying.

3. yukihiraboy

yukihiraboy Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Philippines
    ye
    yep i also want to see they working together in the elite erina as headmaster and soma as 1st seat. They curious about who's the seater of the others of elite 10.

also looks like tsukuda say that erina gonna inlove with soma in the future is only a bait

Arjuna likes this.
  4. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Erina may still fall in love with him.This arc showed that she was falling for Souma.

xzaizenx likes this.
  5. yukihiraboy

Philippines
    i feel like they become married in the future when soma said that he defeat erina and take the top in the future

6. Hollywood 360

Hollywood 360 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    When I read the spoiler, I didn't expect this outcome. Soma as #1 seems forced because I believe he seems more suited for the second seat or lower. I guess the author got plans for him in the future since being number one, he has to represent the school and defend its honor. No pressure right?

Zekiel and AstronomyFanatic like this.
  7. yukihiraboy

Philippines
    i think to erina side now to help soma if one day he fall

8. Jko

Jko Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    E10 which are comprised of a bunch of kids that have enough power to even overthrow the director of the school is the reason this arc happened in the first place. Now you're going to make a 15 year old girl the director of the school?! Dafuq? Did nobody learn that the children had too much power, which resorted into this mess?

God damn they really giving a 15 year the power of the most influential school in Japan! Guess what guys we about to get legal drugs on Totsuki grounds. Hoot hoot. Get the parties ready and everyone one of my friends is about to get a free pass through class lolol.

I know Erina won't do this, but still giving a kid a worldly power and expecting them to behave perfectly like an adult is highly stupid.

And I find it cheap that Souma is going to be first seat only because Erina will be the director. Like dang the author couldn't see him as second so he took the strongest chef of the equation so he gets a golden ticket to the top? Like Souma is good but he only matched Eishi's dish by using the hax of God Tongue. He didn't match him with his own skill as a chef. Isshiki should have been first seat not Souma.

I hope the spoils are fake bcs this is trash.

Zekiel likes this.
  9. NateLawlet

NateLawlet Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Indonesia
    Erina has certainly proved her potential as a cook and a leader, but to be made Director at her age is way too ridiculous even for SnS standard. Nakiri Soe or Dojima would better suit the role.

Zekiel, AstronomyFanatic and Jko like this.
  10. TotalEconomist

TotalEconomist M'Lady

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    She's 16, almost 17 years old.

11. JonDou

JonDou Registered User

Torumekian Empire
    It's almost like the author reads all the fan theories and just thinks up a way to screw all those up.

Zekiel, Newkerzy and Jko like this.
  12. yukihiraboy

Philippines
    so the sorina ship is bait by the author. Erina going inlove with soma in the future is lie and i feel that erina become director makes her side character again

13. Jko

Jko Registered User

United States
    A one year difference still doesn't make her qualified to run a powerhouse school.

A first year running an entire school is just cringey. That is a pretty darn stupid.

Zekiel likes this.
  14. Chingaruna517

Chingaruna517 Registered User

United States
    Oh my, surprises surprises, didn't we expected too many surprise here even though I do agree that some are not making sense here, especially the instant upgrade here. Regardless, I don't care anybody says but this is my best Birthday Surprise ever! Lets review the aftermath, shall we?

1. So the following aftermath we see conversations of Sorina where Erina scolding Soma for his sudden change but the latter says that 10 minutes of change should be enough for her, heartwarming. Meanwhile, Eishi is confused by this outcome to the point wondering how did Sorina manage to create such a amazing dish despite their inner conflict, which Satoshi replies that while he don't have that answer he believe that Sorina's passion of cooking is their secret of their unexpected success
    2. Anyway, with Team Rebel's victory, Azami is sent off for exile again, with his near-naked body. At least have a luggage before you leave! Can't be anything more humiliated than that. Will he ever seek retribution someday? I dunno, but I have a feeling that this isn't the last time we see him...
    3. Moving on, Urara the creepy idol eventually...back to normal after the event. If she return to normal, then these buffoons on the crowd (aside from Miyoko and Nao or anybody...) eventually swallow their pride and accept the truth...
    4. in the same aftermath, Erina even leaving the 1st Seat to Soma due to his contribution for Team Rebel's win but nope, even the Yukihira Genius think that this idea is exaggerated. Upgrade a little too soon, are we? Or is it because Saiba is watching at somewhere? Speaking of which, WHERE IS THE UNIVERSE SAIBA AT?!
    5. And last, Oyabun Sen declares that he will retire from cooking industry so who will take charge of the Tootsuki? Erina, under Soma's recommendation! Why? because he believes that she is the best candidate out of all members of the Nakiri Family and she cooks better than her, and it is also his motivation in aiming for number 1 and vows to defeat Erina. Hey, Soma you do remember Soe who is Erina's uncle, right? What can't the other senior . As the result, Oyabun Sen not only upgrades the Tootsuki Princess Erina into the Queen by having her as the school's principle, but also nominates the Yukihira Genius as E10's 1st Seat! Talk about a overrated upgrade! So, what path lies ahead then after Soma got his wish now? Who will challenge him fro the 1st Seat? More importantly, will the BLUE even provide him a better challenge?
    @Jko Oi, I know that you are surprise about this development but c'mon, stop being a party pooper by dissing the entire thing! Maybe you need to knocks the door at the SJW and ask them an alternative ending? I dare ya! Can you do that?

@JonDou Well, personally I guess that is the author's way of flipping the bird to the haters if s/he receives too much hate.

15. MiniGust

MiniGust Registered User

Brazil
    Sorry to say but Soma as a chef now, the only student that can beat him is Tsukasa.
    Just follow this lines:
    - Soma already won over all 1st years, except Erina before the Regime.
    - Soma got over all the 2nd years, by defeating Nene.( Maybe you will say Isshiki is stronger than her, but he told Nene himself that she was worth of her seat, that being on the table he would lose to her on the Shokugeki with her specialty)
    - Soma alone won against the 3rd seat, using all the previous Shokugekis he saw.
    - Yes he kind take advantage from God's Tongue, to make a dish who would challenger the 1st seat, but he was the one cooking.
    - Yes Erina Dish was better than his, but she had the setup from ingredients Soma used in his dish, new how the previous dish tasted, and even more she stole all the crazy ideas from the MC, that made the dish go beyond perfect.
    - In a real Shokugeki Erina x Soma, things would be very different since soma would be the one coming with the crazy ideas, yeah he would have to work hard to win against God Tongue, but in the pass he won from the God Nose, using the hardest smelt ingredient, what proves that God gifts can be defeated.

Erina will have help from all the teachers and others councils, she is not stubborn as she was, and now she is open to listen to other people. That being said I would like to see Gin as new HeadChef.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  16. Jko

Jko Registered User

United States
    What does SJW have anything to do with this? And bringing valid criticism is bad thing now?

I'm sorry if you can take anything the author feeds you, but I'm not wired the same way. If I see something that is stupid I'm going to say it's stupid, and point out the idiocy of their writing.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2018, Original Post Date: May 17, 2018 ---
    Souma only matched Eishi bcs he used Erina's God Tongue. If he didn't he would've been smashed by Eishi. Their was hardly any skilled involved as all he did was follow the outline the God Tongue was providing him.

Souma never beat all the first years in a shougeki.

Souma beat a fatigued 4th seat, and he needed everything to do that, (and he had help from Megumi and Takumi).

Isshiki, Megashima, Soumei (not fatigued), and couple others would be able to beat Souma. He ain't beating Erina in shougeki. He would get stomped.

God Nose? You mean Hayama? Aint no one declared that crap on the same caliber as God Tongue.

You stated a lot of false crap in your overhype of Souma's abilities.

And being opened to others ideas doesn't make you qualified to run an entire school. I'm honestly wondering the f the school board is at to stop this lunacy.

Zekiel likes this.
  17. MiniGust

MiniGust Registered User

Brazil
    The Dish still Soma creation, yes he used the God Tongue to get the most from all the flavours, saying that don't have any skill is BS.

Soma defeated the second best chef from 1st years, as the best 2nd year, without any help. So after the 3rd years graduation, there is only Erina to defeat....

True he won against the 4th seat, but you can play the fatigue card, since that would apply to the MC too.

The trio worked together to make easier to preper the dishes, but true be told the Dish was 99% Soma 1% Megumi

I myself would put Megashima as 1st seat, but even so remember soma lost to him before the training. The samething can be told to Tsukasa.

I don't see Erina able to win against Hayama on a Shokugeki with a smelt ingredient.

I'm not Overhyping Soma, he is top tier in the school for Sure! And by now with the right time to prepare to a Shokugeki, I can only see Tsukasa able to defeat him.

18. Jko

Jko Registered User

United States
    Still needed God Tongue has. It's literally the only reason he got such high remarks. He would've been stomped otherwise.

Souma wasn't stated to be fatigued like Eishi, Rindou, and Soumei so you can't use it for Souma.

Teamwork was the backbone of the arc tho.

He didn't defeat all the first years still and Hayama being the second best of the first years is iffy. You based that off of the Autumn Election, which was before everyone got stronger due to the stargaire; not to mention the four first year who trained for the RdC. Beating Hayama who only got a spot due to conforming to central isn't that special.

Erina don't need to smell she only needs to taste which allows her to pick the perfect ingredients to use for her dish. Taste >>>> Smell. Hayama would've been stomped by Erina. Honestly don't get how you think someone who completely stomped the third seat in her own field would lose to Hayama who hasn't even been shown to be legit E10 level.

Yeah you are overhyping Souma as he is not top tier in the school. Only first year who top tier is Erina and that's due to God Tongue. Many besides Eishi would beat Souma in a shougeki.

Zekiel and NateLawlet like this.
  19. You PC Bro

You PC Bro Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Tbh this opens up the possibility of school vs. school battles on both a national and international level. Think about it, if Erina is the director, then it's her responsibility to make sure that the representatives of Tootsuki are well prepared for any competition. She's had access to Tootsuki's literature the moment she was born and she's been built to basically become the next head of the Nakiri household.

It also opens up the possibility of more Sorina 2v2 battles. The director and the 1st seat vs whoever.

20. IAmTheOneWhoBlocks

IAmTheOneWhoBlocks Registered User

Puerto Rico
    Take this with a grain of salt, but I've seen a fair amount of manga that ended with this kind of development. One of them that's still fresh in my mind is Medaka Box. This turn of events feels rushed.