Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 271 Discussion/272 Predictions

Discussion in 'Yukihira's Kitchen' started by TotalEconomist, Jul 10, 2018.

1. AstronomyFanatic

AstronomyFanatic Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Philippines
    I'm not sure. It's just way too random for me.

2. dazedgumball

dazedgumball Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Fire Nation
    Megumi and Takumi will never be together. Dunno why people are shipping the both of them together, since it makes absolutely no sense.

AstronomyFanatic likes this.
  3. TotalEconomist

TotalEconomist Smackdown Tsumo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United Nations
    I am wearing it right now.

4. AstronomyFanatic

Philippines
    Rindo? That's cute. But I'm still stickin' to my Slyvia van Hossen (of princess Lover!) ;) :p

5. stratofortress

stratofortress Registered User

Storm's End
    wait, sniper mask is soma's brother?
    [​IMG]

6. Haruto.Ryuya

Haruto.Ryuya Registered User

India
    These mangakas have a habit of destroying their manga jusr look at bleach and fairy tail the manga got shit as it continued damn I would love if this is a trolling else ghit is going to the prince of tennis route same father but different mothers

Zekiel likes this.
  7. AstronomyFanatic

Philippines
    To add salt to the injury, recent SnS' ToC rankings are still not so good. Most of the rankings of this manga are just above the bottom 5. Even most of the chapters of the RdC's final bout didn't help elevate the title's rankings. With this new story arc, Tsukuda has inched his story a bit closer to the axe.

yukihira likes this.
  8. eikichi00

eikichi00 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United Kingdom
    I'm just going to pretend the manga has ended after the RDC arc. It was great while it had lasted. Oh well.

9. TotalEconomist

Mangahelper

United Nations
    Except for the ToC placement isn't really a ranking system but an editors push agenda.

10. Raiyan

Raiyan Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Bangladesh
    Me after reading the spoiler
    [​IMG]

11. BABYMETAL

BABYMETAL Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Dragonstone
    That's funny since SnS's awful placement in the ToC coincides perfectly with the quality of the manga.

12. Zekiel

Zekiel Registered User

United States
    I disagree with this completely.

You don't introduce a new character to stomp on the mc's build up. A character that had no foreshadowing comes outta nowhere and makes soma's goal look like childs play.

Jou is no longer a worthy goal for soma because based off these scans, this "brother mopped jou at his best.

Jou was meant to be soma's end game goal. That's the problem.

Now he's not because there's another person who needs to beat to prove himself because jou wasn't the best chef that he needed to overcome in his life.

Which further more creates a potential retcon.

Jou said soma needed to graduate to beat him. Now soma will definitely have to beat this "brother" before he graduates in order to stop the midnight chefs which will prove he's good enough to beat him without graduating.

There's no way for you or anyone else you to defend this. People don't care about this guy because the end game has been under minded in most readers perspective. This guy should've never had anything to do with saiba. He should've been independent.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  13. Theoristnofearist01

Theoristnofearist01 Registered User

United States
    I agree. It was always stated throughout the manga and anime that Soma was going to surpass Jou and become the first seat then he does,and next thing you know Soma has a brother that easily beat Jou..kind of disappointed hopefully the other can do something good with this.

Zekiel likes this.
  14. Chingaruna517

Chingaruna517 Registered User

United States
    If that is the case, that means Saiba's own life has its own complications for...whatever the reasons.

I'm not sure if that is the case even if Asahi somehow able to reunite with his "long lost half-brother" of his. Regardless the circumstances, that phony Saiba will be going to be at Soma's worst rival. That's for sure.

Well, perhaps the defeat of the Original Saiba sure prompts us to question if the Yukihira Genius had to change direction for a new. Sure, Soma's main goal at least defeat his daddy at least 1 score out of 490 defeats, and the "half-brother" suddenly ruins everything by effortlessly crushing his goal. But when you try to think a little deeper, shouldn't that means that there has to be somebody may be better than Mr. Yukihira? There is the saying that there is one mountain higher than the other... want to see (and I seriously pray) is that Asahi's motives for Soma is actually under Asami's manipulation for his petty revenge against the Tootsuki.

Well, the half-brother part really comes out of nowhere and Original Saiba's broken winning streak really brings up the question about Saiba Lineage. The one thing we know about Asahi for now is that he is a Saiba and he is good in cooking, and now he is aiming to find and reunite with his brother after beating the original. I could've swear that the Saibas is this series's Mishimas.

Theoristnofearist01 likes this.
  15. TotalEconomist

Mangahelper

United Nations
    I'm done. I'm done with arguing over what comes across to me as nothing more but a shock value upset that doesn't affect the story at all.

I'm done with hurting my mental health on a day my physical health is subpar.

If people want to overreact, fine do so. I'm just going to read the chapter and space out for awhile.

AstronomyFanatic and Demonspeed like this.
  16. Eseeka18

Eseeka18 Registered User

United States
    Honestly this development would have been perfectly placed had it been the Rindou is a Saiba theory. The midnight chefs figure out about shokugeki's from Rindou during her time after graduation. To add on to her mysterious skillset she could have beaten Jou 3-2 or something showing she was holding back quite a bit in the RDC. Hell even her lining up with Central could have been a plot from some other organization to use Azami as a means of taking hold of the Japanese culinary industry. That ship sank so the organization (Midnight Chefs) begin moving directly. Even the big bro plot twist would have been better had Jou gave some foreshadowing of this. Perfect time: Taking a somber tone with Soma back during his visit to polar star dorm something along the topic of family. I'm still in this for the long haul but Tsukuda needs a new editor or something his current one doesnt love him enough.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 12, 2018 ---
    If that Dabi is a Todoroki theory is true in BNH Horikoshi's handing Yuto a pen and pad on this one.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2018 ---
    Funny lil bit from the raws. Joi is bleeding out his mouth. Did Big Bro swing at him after judging? Lol

17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed High Commander

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I don't care that much about Jou's loss either. It's not the first time we see things like this, it was off-screen and maybe there is more to it. It's mostly a way to hype the new character.

18. Eseeka18

Eseeka18 Registered User

United States
    I think going through the motions of reading spoilers, raws, and tranlastions week by week has made a lot of people way more scrutinizing of the series quality than if they read it in one go myself included.

19. JonDou

JonDou Registered User

Torumekian Empire
    I get that. The story went so far off course when they rolled out the Azami arc that I feel like it was written by someone else after that point. There are so many failed points in the story that I've just given up having any expectations. I don't think the author understands his own characters, but I still like them and want to see what he does with them.

The author has shot himself in the foot by having Jouichirou defeated. He was suppose to be the final boss for Souma to defeat and in a single blow has made Jouichirou irrelevant. Like Azami, no one will really care whether Souma beats this guy. Without much hope, I will say we should at least see the next chapter to see if there is anything to left to salvage.

20. Demonspeed

Demonspeed High Commander

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I don't get that "Jou is supposed to be the final boss for Souma". In the end, Souma just wants to be the best cook , Jouichirou is a rival, and he is not the only obstacle, all the others want to be like that. Jouichirou doesn't have to be untouchable for Souma to surpass him.

TotalEconomist likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.