Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 287 Discussion/288 Predictions

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by TotalEconomist, Nov 6, 2018.

1. TotalEconomist

TotalEconomist Smackdown Tsumo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United Nations
    This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Shokugeki no Soma

Posting Rules
    • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
    • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
    • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
    • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
    • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
    • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
    • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
    • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
    • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:Mangahelpers
    Credits: Ohana

[​IMG]

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
    Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
    Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
    Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Credit: Ohana

[​IMG]

2. yukihira

yukihira Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Canada

3. Nabaho ka

Nabaho ka Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Philippines
    thats soma and erina

4. OyraYukihira

OyraYukihira Registered User

Indonesia
    straw hat pirates cannot defeat this "ship"

5. Vizard

Vizard Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Genosha
    287コンビニの合戦
    ソーマの料理うまいけど試験に即してないから低評価→司さんの料理絶賛→次週ソーマがもう一度

[​IMG]

6. yukihira

yukihira Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Canada
    https://bakadata.com/spoiler/shokugeki-no-soma-287-spoiler/

Both Tsukasa and Soma are fired up. Takumi intervenes and tells them to not ignore him. Looking at the 3, Megumi is panicking as usual. Among the non-underground chefs, Tsukasa is one of the main favourites to win the competition so multiple people from the media are following him. Even Oizumi and Saotome came to the place and expect Tsukasa as one of the main favourites to prevent the noir to win the BLUE. The noir are also aware of Tsukasa’s talent. Oizumi says that he also expects the current elite ten to do well, but it’s clear that he expects a lot more from Tsukasa. Soma and Takumi are motivated to show that they also belong in the conversation. Soma finishes his dish but he receives a menu 14$ grade, and he ends up having to pay using his own money. His dish failed to grasp the point of this challenge. Everyone gets 3 chances, so they can basically try dishes out, but as the WGP’s funds are not unlimited, Lakutabi is dissatisfied. Soma wonders how she can say that after building a convenience store. Tsukasa presents his dish and just looking at it, Lakutabi immediately understands that Tsukasa grasped the point of this challenge. And the taste exceeded expectations as well. Lakutabi asks if Soma would be selling the dish he just presented for a 100$ at his store, but Soma says, that he would sell it for 10$ max. Soma’s dish was just adding different ingredients and that’s something anyone could have done. Their task is to multiply the quality. Tsukasa’s dish gets a grade of 587$. Lakutabi says that there are no dishes that cost more than 100$ in a diner so this challenge is hard for Soma. Soma announces that he will present Yukihira’s dish that will suit with this challenge.

7. TotalEconomist

Mangahelper

United Nations
    Inb4 Megumi makes a priceless dish.

8. Astronomy_Fanatic

Astronomy_Fanatic Registered User

Philippines
    ...and pass the second phase in flying colors with just a single try.

yukihira likes this.
  9. TotalEconomist

Mangahelper

United Nations
    I mean, yeah.

Soma failing the first time seems like a Soma thing to do.

I'm personally annoyed people think either of them are going to fail prior to Heaven's Keep.

10. Darksiders

Darksiders Registered User

England
    I'm personally annoyed there's only 3 current Elite Ten members attending Blue.

11. Vizard

Vizard Registered User

Genosha
  12. Chingaruna517

Chingaruna517 Registered User

United States
    So....that makes Sorina official couples then? Anyway, with some spoilers and the raw is here, lets start with a mini review, shall we?

• With the competition begins, everyone is going to do their work and...hang on, aren't these are the judges from the Autumn Election? And Eishi is confronted by reporters? Oh look! Spiky Punk and Bunny Mask are on the move, but where is Fatty Clown and Dr.Butcher?
    • So cooking time starts and Soma finishes his dish but despite his innovation, his dish only worth 14 dollar? And the funny part is that she check his wallet! To be honest though...WHO THE HELL GOING TO SPEND EVEN 1 MILLION DOLLARS FOR DINNING! Seems to me that the WGO really loses its standards when it comes to fame, don't it...
    • Eishi is next and yes, like always, his dish bring magnificent effect the Chihuahua and his dish worth....$587?! As expected from the former Elite 10 member. What, was it because he's a famous person?
    • To makes things worse for our hero, the Chihuahua claims (or rather insult) that this challenge is hard for Soma because most food in the diner costs no more than $100! Bias punk! Don't worry though, the Yukihira Genius is not fazed by his first failure and declare that he can and will make his dish that is suitable for this challenge! Trust me, Chihuahua, hard is just part of life and our hero knew all too well. Will his 2nd chance or even his last chance be his biggest comeback?
    Also, guys don't need to be so worked up of being annoying if you only see three-or-four people who represents the Tootsuki participating the BLUE, which happened to be an Elite. Instead, I'm even more annoyed that the WGO's extremely bias judgement towards other chefs based on their respective background, and it stems from the Bookmaster's skeptical view towards our hero simply because he is the son of the diner chef....without know that diner chef was in fact a Monster of Cooking in the world!

13. Nabaho ka

Philippines
    i like soma manage his dish the grade are 2x higher than 587 dollars of tsukasa if he do that soma have chances to beat asahi now the media and two old man and also WGO see our hero defeat tsukasa.

14. Astronomy_Fanatic

Astronomy_Fanatic Registered User

Philippines
    Yeah. They keep on insisting that, like they fully know the extent of Megumi's abilities (I can't say about Takumi since I'm not well-versed about him). I stopped bothering myself in replying to those kind of posts at that site - I'll be severely degrading my logical and intellectual capabilities if I do so.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Original Post Date: Nov 9, 2018 at 12:02 PM ---
    I was hoping that Isshiki and at least 1 of the lab coat trio to be there. Oh, well...at least Megumi IS there and that's acceptable enough for me.

yukihira likes this.
  15. Chingaruna517

United States
    Believe me, this is the biggest comeback for the Yukihira Genius because, like I asked from the previous post, is there anything Soma can't overcome considering his own resourcefulness and such.This should at least stop that Chihuahua from barking about price tag and such.

If it is about Satoshi or other E 10 member, you'd better give that thought up because 1) The 3rd have their own priorities to worry about and 2) if one of the lab trio is here, s/he at the very least on joining the trio right from the start and say :"Yo, sorry! I'm late! Bad traffic back there!" or something like that

16. Nabaho ka

Philippines
    yeah so he can beat eishi alone now if that happen i think he can acknowledge himself as first seat
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:54 PM, Original Post Date: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:50 PM ---
    what is this cover

17. Chingaruna517

United States
    Also, forget the talk about Megumi and stuff, do anybody pay any attention about the wolves of Noir? Specifically the Spiky Punk and Bunny Mask? All they did during the competition were just chilling around as if they have any winning chance at all while observing the situation, especially the Bunny Mask who is seen reading a magazine. And it tool Eishi's victory (temporarily) that finally got their attention with both Spiky Punk and Bunny Mask smirking as if they finally find something they looking for! Keep in mind that the Spiky Punk denied the Yukihira Genius's prowess by remarking his senior supposed Pistol Seppuku here, but act differently when they see Eishi got the win instead. You don't think they're trying to recruit him to the pack, no?

Seraph likes this.
  18. Nabaho ka

Philippines
    yeah but they gonna shocked when soma gonna surpass eishi grade of his dish

19. Vizard

Vizard Registered User

Genosha
  20. TotalEconomist

Mangahelper

United Nations
    I think this chapter explained the difficulty of the exam and why Eishi is here.

The real goal is to elevate the ingredients to haute levels, which is in Eishi's ballpark.

That isn't easy dealing with 7-11 ingredients, but coincidentally that's something Soma, Takumi, and Megumi can grasp.

Ironically, it's also a challenge in favor of the dark chefs since I bet they had scrap by with cheap ingredients before hitting a major job.

Seraph likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.