Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 301 Discussion/302 Predictions

Seraph

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Mana literally doesn't need another God's Tongue as her chef, she needs something that allows to enjoy food again.

And more importantly, Mana doesn't want her daughter to become like her.

And I can believe Azami being at fault for Mana's eating disorder.
Yeah but by throwing more and more stones into her path that isn't going to help as we saw,it only got Erina more fired up to prove herself. To a point where she even threw Food away. Instead of keeping her from advancing she could've always just refused to invite her to Blue couldn't she?

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Yeah but by throwing more and more stones into her path that isn't going to help as we saw,it only got Erina more fired up to prove herself. To a point where she even threw Food away. Instead of keeping her from advancing she could've always just refused to invite her to Blue couldn't she?
>not inviting Erina to Blue

That would be a joke,

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Erina garners the nickname of "The Devil's Tongue". Points if she ushers in a new Megumi into the world: The Hospitality of Death.

Then I finally put them in my "Best Girls Binder" with Rindou.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland

That would be a joke,

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Erina garners the nickname of "The Devil's Tongue". Points if she ushers in a new Megumi into the world: The Hospitality of Death.

And completely changing her Match Schedule so she'd have to face several opponents in a row wasn't? :heh

mike allan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Chapter 302 prediction:
so what do you mean
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I doubt that,she's more in a rebellious stage right now after what her Mother pulled previously with her. She wants to prove to her just how much worth there is in her abilities,similar to what happened back then with Azami just that it is much more important to her this time because of what happened in the Past with her Mother which is why she didn't hesitate to get serious on Takumi before. After their previous interaction i think following Asahi would be rather "weak" of her.
so she do it herself and find away himself

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
well Long time no see guys, hahaha!
@Chingaruna517, I admitting this arc isn't fun because in the end, the power of the main plot is just a personal issues, so we are taking too much the heroine's pain as a focus, thats a real pain in my butt.

but now I see all the comment section in this SnS forum and Sorina gangs in "panic".
Honestly, guys, as a Team Sorina, I am not worried 100% because Soma is the 'problem breaker' here (plot armor as usual).
look at the previous and current chapter, erina was angry because Mana just despise her from the competition, Mana thinks that the chef with the god tongue is clearly make the winner of the BLUE very easy to be guessed, it makes Erina doesn't have a change to beat Asahi and the other contestant. so Erina isn't mad just because Mana abandon her in the past. it just Mana who wants to eliminate Erina for Asahi's benefit. what Erina did in chapter 300 was correct because if she obey her mother, she will accept asahi no matter how good or bad he is. she is still participate right now means our god tongue really against Asahi's bad approach, that doesn't related with how Erina felt sympathy with his past. if Erina accept Asahi, she should not participate until final. thats my logic.

is it obvious Asahi auto wins against Erina's gang?
not really, It depends on Mana and Soma
Pal, since you been gone for such a long time, you've missed almost everything here. As far as we all know in this chapter, Erina will going to lash out every negativity within her into the tournament: such as rage, angst, disappointment just to spite her own mommy and prove herself as a better chef that anybody. I'm not very sure if Mana's attempt to remove Erina from the competition means to be "fair", but her favoritism over the Noirs just make her a double standard witch and the miscommunication (yes, miscommunication) between mother and daughter only make the situation even worse because, as far as I see, both mother and daughter are on the wrong side, and 2 wrong doesn't make a right! Bad enough for Mana's strings of bad decision that make horrible choice and leads to disastrous consequences and now Erina just makes us all reader thinks her goal to be even more questionable as her loathe for own dish (may I remind you all that she dumps her food?) makes even more apparent.

Speaking of which, though, am I the only one who is wondering why Mana feast her eyes onto the Yukihira Genius?!

I doubt that,she's more in a rebellious stage right now after what her Mother pulled previously with her. She wants to prove to her just how much worth there is in her abilities,similar to what happened back then with Azami just that it is much more important to her this time because of what happened in the Past with her Mother which is why she didn't hesitate to get serious on Takumi before. After their previous interaction i think following Asahi would be rather "weak" of her.
Isn't that ironically makes her easily tempted by Asahi's words? I mean, the girl is not going to listen to any reason at all once she set her eyes onto proving herself as the best chef in the mangaverse? If anything, at all, helping her to achieve whatever her wishes in mind, she might gonna accept that...

That would be a joke,

Then....what would Erina even be here against her own volition? Has nobody ever question that? And need I remind everyone that both Erina and Asahi have parental issues here, especially the mommy problem.

Pals, I don't care what will Erina going to do, if she ever be more willing to accept Asashi's word to reach that goal......
SOMA, PLEASE SLAP HER!

OyraYukihira

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well its official that Azami is worse than Mana. She just abandon her because of her tongue issues, maybe her decision not to bring Erina from Nakiri household was looked clumsy. but if she really brought her, Alice will be sad and dissapoint with Mana too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Chingaruna517 lets look up at Erina's past.
She was displeased with all of Nakiri's clients, Joichiro succesfully treat her well with his food, and her clients on that time were not a noirs. Thats what makes Mana move on from Nakiri's household and Erina almost following her path for being 'pressured'. The god tongue is basically blessing but it could be a threat for the user like Mana and Erina. Its a shame that Mana felt interested with noirs just for finding a 'new dishes', but I think its not fully her fault because the main issue for this manga's world was most of the chef lacking on 'originality', then Ppl who just taste the food really see the god tongue as a tool for their benefit and pleasure, including Asahi.

Last edited:

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don't think erina gonna accept and join asahi because i think he gonna failed to granted it. I can see that her wish is to see her mother happy to eat a dish again but she can't know how to do that alone so for me soma the one who can help him(hoping for plot twist next chapter)

dvtclock

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
There is 2 noir left from team Azami, I think Souma and Megumi will wipe them. And then I hope Souma will face Megumi. We were never see megumi separate from souma

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
There is 2 noir left from team Azami, I think Souma and Megumi will wipe them. And then I hope Souma will face Megumi. We were never see megumi separate from souma
...and win against him.

About Nakiri parents: Azami wants Erina to hone her God's tongue, while Mana wants her to abandon it, right? Seems like a dysfunctional couple for me.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK....you want to know what I want to predict? YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW?!

(MY) Chapter 302 prediction:

P.S.: These are my personal drawing.....

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So um, are you guys for real? To prove herself as a better chief?
You are totaly misunderstood something or was reading another manga this whole time.
The thing Erina wants is her mother to take a joy in tasting food again, she tries so hard so she can please that damn tongue which turned out to be a curse. She was similar in the beginnning of the series until Soma came by. And what Asahi saying is basicaly: i can do it.
But in the end it is still going to be Yukihira who will please his client case thats what he was doing for the past 16(?) years.

yukihira

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So um, are you guys for real? To prove herself as a better chief?
You are totaly misunderstood something or was reading another manga this whole time.
The thing Erina wants is her mother to take a joy in tasting food again, she tries so hard so she can please that damn tongue which turned out to be a curse. She was similar in the beginnning of the series until Soma came by. And what Asahi saying is basicaly: i can do it.
But in the end it is still going to be Yukihira who will please his client case thats what he was doing for the past 16(?) years.
Erina's mom abandonment problems were just made literally 2 chapters ago. It never existed until now.

We can't really say what Erina's wish is, cause they don't tell us. It could be super obvious or it could be another pointless twist.

Proving herself to be the better chef can tie in with obtaining her mother's recognition. It can also come down to Erina wanting her mom to feel regret by leaving her in the first place. It's not really farfetched. And considering Tsukuda's writing so far for this arc, anything is game

Marco Polo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s my prediction for what’s coming next:

Erina’s goal is to cook something her mother will enjoy - Asahi says he can do it

Some Shokugekis, eventually leading up to Soma vs Asahi

Soma beats Asahi

Soma vs Erina final - Soma beats Erina and teaches her a lesson with his food, Erina turns off “damsel in distress” mode.

Soma gets the chance to cook for Mana but says “no Erina you do it”. Erina cooks in a way similar to her signature dish at the end of the RDC arc (on the fly, not overthinking things), Mana enjoys the food gg

EDIT - if Erina’s relationship with her mother is explored there’ll be some “I’m not mad at you for leaving me, I’m just sad you left cooking behind” moment. Oh, and also maybe Mana saying “the God Tongue ruined me as a chef, I don’t want it to ruin you” at some point.

Kurara

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
What the hell 0th seat?!? Is this Bleach?!

I am officially allergic with Asahi.

So, Erina temperature is running on Antarctica level when she met her father and it's on 0 K when meeting her mother?

Well, I think the author need to take a week or two of vacation. He truly needs new and fresh inspirations.