Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 302 Discussion/303 Predictions

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Shokugeki no Soma

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

yukihira

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
One more win and Megumi will have to fight against Asahi. Megumi says that she will challenge Asahi to a Shokugeki and ask him not to bother Erina anymore. Her reasoning is that Erina became gentler and has been laughing more, so as a friend, she cannot ignore Asahi’s actions that disrupt Erina’s well-being.
Megumi’s opponent is Asahi’s subordinate, but she wins easily. Asahi already knew that Megumi would win. He gets the knife from the noir who lost against Megumi, and adds it with anther knife. Asahi wants to start a show that will help others to understand his power.
This is it boys. This is where Tsukuda either screws Megumi over for good or he gives her the justice and relevant plot win she deserves when we're 300+ chapters in. By the way I have -1 expectations for Tsukuda

Also Megumi being the one to stand up and defend Erina from creepy boy? Her being the first one to notice Erina's change last chapter?? Her being a good friend overall????? Am I hearing best girl chants?

Last edited:

Reacca15

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Helllooo!!! I'm back lol.😂 @Astronomy_Fanatic your prediction is right. Asahi vs Megumi. Tho I'm a bit anxious knowng asahi is so strong.! But hell this is the megumi I want.! Gutsy megumi. Baby, wheres the audacity came from? Show him what youve got baby!
And for tsukuda- can you give this a big win for us! Besides if so-- this is gonna be her first big win.! Can you? Not another she has skills scenario man! Im sick of it!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

One more win and Megumi will have to fight against Asahi. Megumi says that she will challenge Asahi to a Shokugeki and ask him not to bother Erina anymore. Her reasoning is that Erina became gentler and has been laughing more, so as a friend, she cannot ignore Asahi’s actions that disrupt Erina’s well-being.
Megumi’s opponent is Asahi’s subordinate, but she wins easily. Asahi already knew that Megumi would win. He gets the knife from the noir who lost against Megumi, and adds it with anther knife. Asahi wants to start a show that will help others to understand his power.
This is it boys. This is where Tsukuda either screws Megumi over for good or he gives her the justice and relevant plot win she deserves when we're 300+ chapters in. By the way I have -1 expectations for Tsukuda

Also Megumi being the one to stand up and defend Erina from creepy boy? Her being the first one to notice Erina's change last chapter?? Her being a good friend overall????? Am I hearing best girl chants?

Megumi will always be my best girl. And no one can change my mind.😍

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
This is how we get dark Megumi

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
we see soma vs erina too

OyraYukihira

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Megumi can owe Erina with this moment. If Megumi win BLUE...........oops, sorry, we can only hope 50% for authors. Maybe another dissapointment coming quickly or not

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i'am curios if erina join asahi or not

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Probably the best friends because of her notice being the first to notice something off about Erina, although the Yukihira Genius has noticed that quite some time ago. Gosh darn it, I thought I can see Soma's iron slap onto Erina to snap her out from her despair. Also, I am more concerned about the Knife Leech King's venomous deal with Erina over "only him can grant her wish thing", to the point fearing that he will take advantage to get what he wants rather than Erina's. Still, good to see Megumi willing to stand for her friend and it will take some miracle for her to actually humiliate the big bad if it not beaten him, even though chances of such miracle is very, very slim...

luffy10

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here we go again,megumi become another sacrifice lamb again, it's make me sad
Come On man this chapter was good, Some one from our our elite ten was bound to face Asahi anyway. I liked megum's determination to stand up for Erina, it was good to see. Also she has become a heck of a cook, she just KO'ed a guy who was given a pass for the third Gate

yukihira

Reaction score
Country
Canada
WOW. Because of my bias opinion on Megumi, I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter.
I'd like to thank Tosh for delivering those top-tier panels. Will definitely be colouring them.

best girl
Megumi standing up to Asahi and declaring a Shokugeki was badass. She's noticed something was up with Erina after her match against Takumi and proceeds to do something about it because Erina is her friend. If that ain't best girl, I don't know what is.
I just hope Tsukuda chose to let Megumi win this match without cooking against Asahi's subordinate for two reasons. 1. Overwhelming victory. 2. The only match she'll be cooking in is a winning match.

After reading this chapter though, I can see why people would think she might get jobbed. But I have my reasons to believe the opposite:

The signs have been there since the introduction of Monarch; when she held her own against him in a match. It got us a good idea where her strength is at after the time skip as well as how much more confident she cooks compared to before. I like to believe it was a countdown to her being the first one to winning against a Noir chef, to ending the strongest one.
Tsukuda hasn't shown Megumi cooking in a full match at all during BLUE. I believe when she finally goes against Asahi, the impact will be stronger when she brings out her dukes and hidden potential that's been brought up multiple times in the past. We're 300+ chapters in already and if Tsukuda doesn't bring it out here, then Tsukuda's title as author has steeped lower than anything I've ever read. Also Megumi finally cooking in a full match only to lose? Not even Takumi received that treatment.
I'm not saying Megumi should win with skills alone, but other factors that don't involve pure strength. I don't know...maybe cooking Jo's advice that's shown since chapter 1 about cooking for someone you care about which prevails overall? This pretty much equals Megumi cooking for Erina. Erina as a choice to save Asahi...definitely not. Soma being the one to present the saving dish to Asahi would just create more clash in my opinion.
I can't really say for the fanbase, but I'm 85% sure, Megumi's fanbase is larger than Asahi's. She loses? There is gonna be the largest riot and decline in readers who were hoping Tsukuda wouldn't fuck up another time after Megumi vs. Momo.

Edit: This is Tsukuda we're talking about though so he can just kill Megumi without batting an eye...

Last edited:

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Probably the best friends because of her notice being the first to notice something off about Erina, although the Yukihira Genius has noticed that quite some time ago. Gosh darn it, I thought I can see Soma's iron slap onto Erina to snap her out from her despair. Also, I am more concerned about the Knife Leech King's venomous deal with Erina over "only him can grant her wish thing", to the point fearing that he will take advantage to get what he wants rather than Erina's. Still, good to see Megumi willing to stand for her friend and it will take some miracle for her to actually humiliate the big bad if it not beaten him, even though chances of such miracle is very, very slim...
he plan to cure mana nakiri
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'd like to thank Tosh for delivering those top-tier panels. Will definitely be colouring them.

best girl
Megumi standing up to Asahi and declaring a Shokugeki was badass. She's noticed something was up with Erina after her match against Takumi and proceeds to do something about it because Erina is her friend. If that ain't best girl, I don't know what is.

I just hope Tsukuda chose to let Megumi win this match without cooking against Asahi's subordinate for two reasons. 1. Overwhelming victory. 2. The only match she'll be cooking in is a winning match.

After reading this chapter though, I can see why people would think she might get jobbed. But I have my reasons to believe the opposite:

The signs have been there since the introduction of Monarch; when she held her own against him in a match. It got us a good idea where her strength is at after the time skip as well as how much more confident she cooks compared to before. I like to believe it was a countdown to her being the first one to winning against a Noir chef, to ending the strongest one.

Tsukuda hasn't shown Megumi cooking in a full match at all during BLUE. I believe when she finally goes against Asahi, the impact will be stronger when she brings out her dukes and hidden potential that's been brought up multiple times in the past. We're 300+ chapters in already and if Tsukuda doesn't bring it out here, then Tsukuda's title as author has steeped lower than anything I've ever read. Also Megumi finally cooking in a full match only to lose? Not even Takumi received that treatment.

I'm not saying Megumi should win with skills alone, but other factors that don't involve pure strength. I don't know...maybe cooking Jo's advice that's shown since chapter 1 about cooking for someone you care about which prevails overall? This pretty much equals Megumi cooking for Erina. Erina as a choice to save Asahi...definitely not. Soma being the one to present the saving dish to Asahi would just create more clash in my opinion.

I can't really say for the fanbase, but I'm 85% sure, Megumi's fanbase is larger than Asahi's. She loses? There is gonna be the largest riot and decline in readers who were hoping Tsukuda wouldn't fuck up another time after Megumi vs. Momo.
I think soma saving erina and asahi from despair

luffy10

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

best girl

Megumi vs Momo was badass, i dont think you can call it a fuck up..It served its purpose well but i dont think Megumi will beat Asahi. She will surprise him though. Megumi beating Asahi would be anti-climax dont u think?

yukihira

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Megumi vs Momo was badass, i dont think you can call it a fuck up..It served its purpose well but i dont think Megumi will beat Asahi. She will surprise him though. Megumi beating Asahi would be anti-climax dont u think?
I'm saying Tsukuda ruined the entire match with its outcome. Not the match itself. If we're talking about anti-climatic, Soma/Erina vs Eishi/Rindou was one in my opinion as well as Erina vs. Takumi but Tsukuda doesn't seem to have a problem with writing that in the story. The plot itself would be way more interesting then what we had so far if Megumi wins. This arc is practically a rinse and repeat of Central and RdC and if Soma or Erina were to be the one to save the day (again), that would be anti-climatic.

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Right...with the combinations Bakadata and the raw, lets go into the abridged raw review shall we?

1. The manga proceeds from the last chapter where Erina confronted Asahi and thankfully, Erina wants nothing to do with it. So what did Asahi do next? Go to Megumi instead since she saw their conversation but the amazing part of all this? Megumi finally goes gutsy and calls Asahi out and warns him that she will not let him getting near at Erina! Bravo, girl! You show the Knife Leech King, alright! Thought, for some reason, Asahi smirks as if he finds Megumi interesting...
  2. The next match, we are seeing another Noir lieutenant who face against Megumi and...seriously?! More weapons for cooking? And that idiot keep mouth trashing against Megumi too?! Also, shut up Chihuahua, nobody asks you to make such commentary!. Fortunately, Megumi just kick his sorry butt by winning 3-0 against that fool! Way a go, lady war!
  3. While the smug-face Asahi comes to congratulating her for the victory, Megumi then retort back to him that she personally seen through with Erina's true personality as a gentle and happy chef because of her bond with her friends and for some reason, she, will going to protect her from Asahi no matter what. Asahi's response? A dark smug as if he has no interest about Erina at all. Something tells me that he care only but himself but then again, are we even surprised?
  4. Even more chilling part, Asahi brings the boxes of knifes that comprises his victims and , to Megumi's horror, one of them belongs to the Monarch (at least the only logical Noir I see so far) and he will going to use both knifes from the chef that Megumi beaten to show her horror of his "power"! Oh no!!! As if Eishi's Screwjob isn't horrible enough, and now the Knife Leech King is about to bring despair to Megumi as well?! What will Megumi do in order to bring the miracle within?!
he plan to cure mana nakiri
And then what? Manipulate the mother and daughter in order to fulfill his ambition as the best there is and best there was?

luffy10

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I'm saying Tsukuda ruined the entire match with its outcome. Not the match itself. If we're talking about anti-climatic, Soma/Erina vs Eishi/Rindou was one in my opinion as well as Erina vs. Takumi but Tsukuda doesn't seem to have a problem with writing that in the story. The plot itself would be way more interesting then what we had so far if Megumi wins. This arc is practically a rinse and repeat of Central and RdC and if Soma or Erina were to be the one to save the day (again), that would be anti-climatic.
Now that i think about it I can also see the appeal in Erina vs Souma in the final facing off.

Reacca15

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

best girl

Edit: This is Tsukuda we're talking about though so he can just kill Megumi without batting an eye...

Awww another hype moment for megumi then the author fucked it up. Lol. Can she atleast win this time? Uggh gawd!!

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Right...with the combinations Bakadata and the raw, lets go into the abridged raw review shall we?

1. The manga proceeds from the last chapter where Erina confronted Asahi and thankfully, Erina wants nothing to do with it. So what did Asahi do next? Go to Megumi instead since she saw their conversation but the amazing part of all this? Megumi finally goes gutsy and calls Asahi out and warns him that she will not let him getting near at Erina! Bravo, girl! You show the Knife Leech King, alright! Thought, for some reason, Asahi smirks as if he finds Megumi interesting...
  2. The next match, we are seeing another Noir lieutenant who face against Megumi and...seriously?! More weapons for cooking? And that idiot keep mouth trashing against Megumi too?! Also, shut up Chihuahua, nobody asks you to make such commentary!. Fortunately, Megumi just kick his sorry butt by winning 3-0 against that fool! Way a go, lady war!
  3. While the smug-face Asahi comes to congratulating her for the victory, Megumi then retort back to him that she personally seen through with Erina's true personality as a gentle and happy chef because of her bond with her friends and for some reason, she, will going to protect her from Asahi no matter what. Asahi's response? A dark smug as if he has no interest about Erina at all. Something tells me that he care only but himself but then again, are we even surprised?
  4. Even more chilling part, Asahi brings the boxes of knifes that comprises his victims and , to Megumi's horror, one of them belongs to the Monarch (at least the only logical Noir I see so far) and he will going to use both knifes from the chef that Megumi beaten to show her horror of his "power"! Oh no!!! As if Eishi's Screwjob isn't horrible enough, and now the Knife Leech King is about to bring despair to Megumi as well?! What will Megumi do in order to bring the miracle within?!
And then what? Manipulate the mother and daughter in order to fulfill his ambition as the best there is and best there was?
Yeah but soma gonna save the day

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

best girl

I have to disagree with you on this one. Just because you like a character doesn't mean you can excuse their B.S. and I don't understand how anyone could love Megumi so much that they think Megumi beating or pressuring the guy who slaughtered, Soma, Jou, and Eishi would be a good thing. There is absolutely no conceivable way that she should perform better than Eishi and Jou did. Megumi has done nothing but win against irrelevant characters since the time-skip and her being able to perform well against Asahi would be incredibly disrespectful to Eishi and Jou and be the most B.S. timeskip power increase that I ever seen in shonen. I agree that Megumi should have been given a full match and victory against someone but having her pressure or beat someone with the feats of Asahi would be B.S. and feel unearned because we never saw her progress to anywhere near Asahi's level. Maybe Asahi choosing to use the abilities of weaker chefs against Megumi is a way to nerf him so that Megumi doesn't get completely destroyed.