Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 302 Discussion/303 Predictions

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
What I wonder is what Megumi has to lose if Asahi wins.

He clearly can’t take her hospitality thru a knife, so maybe she will be force to join his side.

Bringing up Monarch might piss her off more, she did reform him.

eikichi00

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, here we go again. Megumi will lose the match but will somehow gain the respect of her opponent who recognizes her potential. The author might as well not waste two or three full chapters, showing all that growth she has gained since her defeat to Momo. Why? It makes no difference because she will end up losing again when it matters the most.

Reacca15

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's just repeating the history itself. Another ryovsmegumi and momovsmegumi plot. I know the chances are small but who knows right? It's still a chance lol. As a megumi fan, I'm hoping she could win this time. I mean, its not being disrespectful to the main characters such as soma and jou etc. if she could win this shokugeki.Knowing she has this pathological inner drive to his opponent. Its like the hotspring arc wager. Cmon dont spoil the fun about our fave man! Who knows she cn turn the tables with luck😁

Last edited:

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah but soma gonna save the day
We all know that! The Yukihira Genius shall be the one who saved the day but right now we are focusing onto Megumi for a while and, even if there is a slight chance at all, we want to see Megumi's prowess manage to outdo Asahi's so-called "superpower". Because, let face it guys, that knife trunk Asahi's possessed? It just proves that he's heavily rely on the opponent knifes too much in order to display his own power. And don't get me started about him mind-reading people just by his first glance of it...

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Megumi going to work,finally after all this time...
...a face off with Asahi. @TotalEconomist must be happy with this turn of events at least until the match is over.
Straight 3-0 win,it wasn't exactly a "Match"but she took a W nonetheless. Happy enough about that. But i fear that Asahi is going to humiliate her here,i just hope she puts up a decent fight and he won't win straight 3-0 against her. Also what's Souma doing,Megumi is eavesdropping on Asahi and Erina and is actually putting her everything into the food for her friend and not the guy that said "You're way prettier when you smile like that..." I had hoped that he would at least look for a talk with her but maybe we'll get that some other time.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nonetheless, lets goes onto the review, shall we?

Previously on Shokugeki no Soma
As soon as Soma and gang learned the root of Erina's feud with her carefree mother named Mana, aka the Book Dork, a match between Takumi and Erina began on the following day but quickly ended with the latter's victory, although she also dumped her very own dish out of spite. As if that is not the worst part, she confronts Asahi who then told her that only he will "help" her granting her longtime dream . What will Erina's response to Asahi's sinister proposal?!

CHAPTER 300: THE BUNNY'S RESOLUTION FOR VICTORY
  1. So the manga continues with the "conversation" between Erina and that smug snake Asahi but thankfully, the God Tongue immediately brushes off that dumb idea and leave him be. For stranger reasons, though, this only make Asahi smirks as he claims that she will going to "know" the truth one way or another. Man, this narcissistic fool really persistent to quit, ain't he?
  2. Moving on, though, Megumi, who finds the conversation between both Erina and Asahi suspicious to the point even eavesdropping the conversation, is caught by Asahi for doing so but rather than run away from it, she outright accusing him for causing Erina's negative personality. Obviously, Asahi scoff that off and denies anything but just as he is about to leave, however, Megumi, who had enough of his antics that cause misery to everyone (especially Erina considering her already bad feud with Mana) miserable, declare that she only has one opponent to go and declare a Shokugeki against him; if she wins, Asahi will have to leave Erina alone forever! Nice going girl! She is trying to do something right and you show him that the Tootsuki's courage shall not be underestimated! And Asahi's answer to Megumi's odd challenge?
  3. Well, initially finding the thing skeptical, he agrees with Megumi's challenge under one condition: He will accept the Shokugeki challenge if she manage to beat one of another Noir's top lieutenant. Oh, look, is the Chinese Opera Guy! How do we ever forget about him (being sarcastically)? Speaking of which, does he ever heard that a Shokugeki . For a guy who claims who know it all, seems to me that he is the shallow one....
  4. Anyway, the match begins with Megumi vs. Chinese Opera Guy where the latter armed with..... woah woah woah, TIME OUT! Not again?! And this time its a cooking claw?! Gimme a break?! Also, Alfred and Chihuahua, shut the hell up about commentating the claw thing! Nothing about it is so interesting and special! Unsurprisingly, like so many arrogant and ignorant fools before him, this old douche brags too much about making his opponent feel fear only to get his sorry butt whipped by Megumi, both figuratively and literary, 3-0 victory! Holy heck!! This means the Touhoku Bunny has something to shine, right?!
  5. Of course, Asahi just ruin the fun by "congratulating" Megumi for defeating the last of his 3 lieutenant while deeming her hospitality is "amazing". If I were you Asahi, considering how serious Megumi has become since our last conversation, I will definitely trying to keep my guard since she may have a chance to beat me out. Then again, this is a Knife Leech King we're talking about here, not to mentioned we have the Yukihira Genius waiting for to get his hands of him.
  6. Speaking of Megumi, she has her way to tell Asahi go-f***-himself quote: In her badass retort, she reminds Asahi that Erina has gotten her courage back once she befriended with Soma and friends until he came along and almost screwed everyone's life afterwards, therefore, as her precious friend she will never forgives the Knife Leech King for trying to harm Erina. More brave for Megumi! And how is Asahi's response to such words?
  7. Shoot, he doesn't even crack his own sinister smug on his face! as if he doesn't give a damn about what Erina has been through! And to Megumi's horror, the diabolical expression of him oh god don't tell me he has psychic powers too?! First his "powers'" in absorbing the chef's knifes and now he has a foresight?! Oh crud, I don't think Asahi will ever going to have a mood to listen to Megumi and vows to humiliate Megumi for her "insolence"...
  8. And this is not the end of it: Right after his lieutenant's defeat, Asahi thank that fool for giving him an "opportunity" to show off his skills, calls the Iron B**ch to bring his trunk of knifes, and then, to literary rub his own insult onto Megumi's face, he even outright mocking Megumi about that one Noir (and also the only noble one) the Monarch!! As if Megumi's boiled already after seeing the picture of the one reformed Noir's knife in t leader's hands, a bad leader might I add, we might even going to see Asahi planning to use these "weak swords" in order to display his "power" to Megumi. Uh oh, it seems that Megumi got what she wanted but this will not end will for her! What will she going to do now?! In any case, with the following match up ends up a severe disadvantage for our next best friend, will the Touhoku Bunny going to suffer a horrific humiliation by the Knife Leech King via the knives of the chef she has beaten? Or will one miracle shines above Megumi again so she can at least frustrates Asahi even one bit even if it means failure? Tune in next chapter in next week on Shokugeki no Soma!

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@Seraph Win or Lose, I am excited how this affects Megumi/Asahi in the long run.

If anything, this might make Megumi the new target of affection for Asahi.

Better yet this is the start of Megumi of joining the noirs.

All I ever wanted was a Megumi as the baddie, and I can see it here if she loses.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
@Seraph Win or Lose, I am excited how this affects Megumi/Asahi in the long run.

All I ever wanted was a Megumi as the baddie, and I can see it here if she loses.
Her "Hospitality" might be what someone like Asahi needs the most.

yukihira

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have to disagree with you on this one. Just because you like a character doesn't mean you can excuse their B.S. and I don't understand how anyone could love Megumi so much that they think Megumi beating or pressuring the guy who slaughtered, Soma, Jou, and Eishi would be a good thing. There is absolutely no conceivable way that she should perform better than Eishi and Jou did. Megumi has done nothing but win against irrelevant characters since the time-skip and her being able to perform well against Asahi would be incredibly disrespectful to Eishi and Jou and be the most B.S. timeskip power increase that I ever seen in shonen. I agree that Megumi should have been given a full match and victory against someone but having her pressure or beat someone with the feats of Asahi would be B.S. and feel unearned because we never saw her progress to anywhere near Asahi's level. Maybe Asahi choosing to use the abilities of weaker chefs against Megumi is a way to nerf him so that Megumi doesn't get completely destroyed.
That's fine. I can see why and I'd probably feel the same way but I think I'm past the point of not caring with how bad the story has gotten and how little Tsukuda has so little care for his characters. If Megumi is being set up for defeat (again), after being the one to stand up and declare to challenge an opponent only to lose like Momo, I'd rather see her win no matter what. Eventually Soma would be beating Asahi which is the same insult to Eishi and Jou but if Tsukuda us going to go that route, I'd have him give it to Megumi. If the power levels are already screwed up ever since RdC, why not let him give the win to someone who loses when the situation calls for a win? Especially if that someone is a favourite.

Also I'd like to believe that Megumi has something in her arsenal that Jou and Eishi didn't have when they fought Asahi with it. Jou and Eishi are the epitome of strength cause of how skilled they are and that was their downfall because they both tried to win with skill alone. Megumi doesn't have that but she has her hospitality cooking and the secret ingredient to making your cooking delicious as well as a motive (Erina). I may be past the point of caring but I just hope her victory isn't clearly an asspull like she's been hiding her true strength and has been the top chef since forever. I don't want another Erina 2.0.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oh god please, no, I'd better wish Megumi is not a target of affection for Asahi. I mean, the guy has already set his eyes onto Erina because of his unnamed ambitions. And to think Asahi is a factor for Megumi's dark path as a Noir whilst betraying Soma and others....

dvtclock

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
What I wonder is what Megumi has to lose if Asahi wins.

He clearly can’t take her hospitality thru a knife, so maybe she will be force to join his side.

Bringing up Monarch might piss her off more, she did reform him.
He just get Tsukasa "talk to the ingredient" by touching Tsukasa knife

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dude, it makes absolutely clear that the Knife Leech King is use the knifes from the chef who were beaten by Megumi just to humiliate Megumi even more, not using Eishi's knife's "ability" to beat her. Unless, of course, you imagine that he is planning to rub his insult onto Megumi and reminds her that nobody will stopping his own ambitions or what's not....

Reacca15

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I just want shinomiya senpai to show up. And tells megumi. You blockhead you better win this time or else. How about that rainbow terrine you made for me.Your hospitality can mend someones heart even that shit/grumpiest dude

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
He got Eishi use of the grater, not his talking ability.

eikichi00

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, some of you actually think Megumi has a chance to beat Asahi, the same guy who wiped the floor with Jou, Soma and Eishi?

I admire your optimism, but the reality is, that's not going to happen. So, it's best not to get your hopes up. You'll feel less disappointed that way. At best, Megumi will pull off a moral victory as she has always done. Don't expect a side character like her to go on and steal the thunder of the main character by achieving what he couldn't have done. This is always going to be about Soma saving the day.

jlee1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not everything is about win. It’s the point of the concept. Megumi may win, but probably forfeits for a moral reason.

yukihira

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not everything is about win. It’s the point of the concept. Megumi may win, but probably forfeits for a moral reason.
The on-screen big matches she's had

Kurokiba vs. Megumi = lose
Momo vs. Megumi = lose

3rd times the charm is what I say. Winning actually does matter if you're known as the one that doesn't come out victorious after having two consecutive losses. Especially when she receives pity losses for having "hidden potential". Like when is it going to kick in? The end of the manga?

And why would she forfeit? That makes her look even worse. At least say she loses with dignity.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Megumi isn't going to forfeit, she's seeing her friend driving herself down the wrong road and blames Asahi for it.

It's funny, she knows Asahi has trounced Soma and Eishi, but she's confident enough to believe she can win.

Even if the likely scenario is Asahi wins, if she ends his desire to pursue Erina in a loveless relationship then everything is good.

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Megumi's fate in BLUE is more on the double-edged sword.

1. If she loses - her skills and character development has been thrown out of the window completely, courtesy of a devil named Yuto Tsukuda.

2. If she wins - Soma's revenge on Asahi will not materialize anymore. But he can still face Erina immediately.

I'd rather choose item no.2, though. I'll expand this later, and react to some comments as well.

OyraYukihira

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I cannot hate megumi and her development although I am team erina. Its impossible to hate her, so I give up for that. If she can beat Asahi, that will be cool revenge for Erina's sake. If Mana prefer Megumi as a winner in the last chapter, tbh...at least.... I don't mind. Maybe Soma and Erina will appreciate her deep hospitality. Megumi as Mana's hero? Thats alright I guess.

But...... Yeah.........lets forget my wishfull thinking like this.