Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 302 Discussion/303 Predictions

dvtclock

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
He got Eishi use of the grater, not his talking ability.

he took "dialogue with ingredients"

Dude, it makes absolutely clear that the Knife Leech King is use the knifes from the chef who were beaten by Megumi just to humiliate Megumi even more, not using Eishi's knife's "ability" to beat her. Unless, of course, you imagine that he is planning to rub his insult onto Megumi and reminds her that nobody will stopping his own ambitions or what's not....
Im not saying he will use Tsukasa ability, please read the quote that I replied....totalEconomist think Asahi cant get Megumi hospitality ability even if he win, meanwhile Asahi just show us he can get super rare skill like Tsukasa by touching Tsukasa knife

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
he took "dialogue with ingredients"

Im not saying he will use Tsukasa ability, please read the quote that I replied....totalEconomist think Asahi cant get Megumi hospitality ability even if he win, meanwhile Asahi just show us he can get super rare skill like Tsukasa by touching Tsukasa knife
He specifically took his grater, which was an extension of his ability.

Megumi doesn't have her talent on any extension like Eishi did, which was my point.

It's the same with Erina. Asahi can't absorb God's Tongue through a utensil.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
This fight ought to be interesting, depending on what the authors do with it. What happens if you have Asahi—a chef with strong motherly issues—meets Megumi—a chef with a strong motherly vibe? This match may be the most important one as it'll serve as a catalyst for what's to come. A few things to consider:

1). It'll spark Asahi's development. Asahi misunderstands Jouchirou's advice of finding a woman you want to dedicate all your cooking to. His interest in Erina is superficial; he views her as a trophy wife above all else. Also, he is jealous of Souma. Developing an interest in Megumi—who has an interest in Souma—may actually cause the dude to take his "brother" seriously for once without coming off as patronizing and help him resolve his insecurities.

2). It'll spark Souma's development. Souma still doesn't get Jouchirou's advice of finding a woman you want to dedicate all your cooking to. Having someone demonstrate a newfound interest in Megumi may spark something in him. Not sure how this will be handled though with him being borderline asexual.

3). It'll spark Erina's development. Erina's coming-of-age story revolves around her overcoming her insecurities as she assumes leadership of the Nakiri Clan. She has abandonment issues, and can be jealous/possessive as her demeanor indicated when she found Hisako and Souma chilling out with one another. Having Asahi lose interest in her, possibly along with Souma, may become the catalyst needed for Erina to realize there's something off with her becoming jealous of Megumi.

4). It'll spark Megumi's development. Little miss is secretly wishing for someone to propose to her. Asahi proposing to her out in the middle of nowhere will cause her to evaluate what her feelings toward Souma are. It's clear her feelings are getting stronger and they'll need to be resolved. Also, it'll give her something to think about on what she wants to do for her future.

5). It'll give the fans something to look forward to by tossing in pairing nonsense. We all know the current arc is shit. It'll give the authors a little bit of breathing room to finish the series as they want it within the constraints the SJ Editors have given them by having the pairing fanatics go crazy over what'll happen, if anything at all.

On a side note, in the grand scheme of things it we may be getting a tag-team for BLUE's finale: Souma x Megumi vs. Asahi x Erina. This could be interesting depending on how the match's outcome is handled, but then again, considering things like how Eishi and Jouchirou were two-paneled, I'm not sure if the authors are intelligent enough to pull off such a stunt.

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Update to my previous post:

Megumi's fate in BLUE is more on the double-edged sword.

1. If she loses - her skills and character development has been thrown out of the window completely, courtesy of a devil named Yuto Tsukuda. Well, she has been perceived as the underdog of the series. But what is vexing is that Tsukuda intends to portray her as one for waaaayyy extended periods of time. She started as a very poor student, frequently being mocked, almost got expelled during the Training camp, barely made it in AE prelims, etc. etc. One can note that ALL of her onscreen formal competition battles were losses, while her wins were all off screened. Not only that. Most of her losses were very frustrating ones - being save by pity votes when she went on against Shinomiya, and was used as a stepping stone for Erina to shine during the RdC. Even when she got into the E10, she is at the very bottom of the ranks. She's has also been relegated to being Soma's cheerer. If there's an opportunity for her to shine, this situation totally fits the bill. Can she win against Asahi? Yes, she definitely can. It will just depends how Tsukuda will handle her match (sadly!). Some are saying that Megumi does not need to win to show how much she has improved. Do not forget that the methodology of SnS is comparison, so a full onscreen competition win is very much needed for our meek heroine.

2. If she wins - Soma's revenge on Asahi will not materialize anymore. But he can still face Erina immediately. This might dislodge this arc's plot a bit, but I don't see much of an issue here. Besides, Asahi, being a "power absorber", might even be much more prepared for Soma for an encore of their battle. He can challenge Erina for a shokugeki for the latter to snap out of it and return to the "light". Erina seem severely distraught and needs to be shaken up. Since Megumi has her hands full with Asahi, Soma is the next person to do the task. Besides, if Megumi wins, we can say goodbye to Asahi earlier than expected. Ain't that great? ;)

I'd rather choose item no.2, though. I'll expand this later, and react to some comments as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The on-screen big matches she's had

Kurokiba vs. Megumi = lose
Momo vs. Megumi = lose
Once is enough, twice is too much, three's stupidity. But this time, I'm gonna direct this to Tsukuda.

Megumi needs a REALLY BIG on-screen win. Her underdog status HAS TO stop.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

This fight ought to be interesting, depending on what the authors do with it. What happens if you have Asahi—a chef with strong motherly issues—meets Megumi—a chef with a strong motherly vibe? This match may be the most important one as it'll serve as a catalyst for what's to come. A few things to consider:

On a side note, in the grand scheme of things it we may be getting a tag-team for BLUE's finale: Souma x Megumi vs. Asahi x Erina. This could be interesting depending on how the match's outcome is handled, but then again, considering things like how Eishi and Jouchirou were two-paneled, I'm not sure if the authors are intelligent enough to pull off such a stunt.
Yep. Megumi's motherly figure is the perfect arsenal against Asahi, who has severe mother issues. If Tsukuda can utilize this perfectly, he can perfectly justify Megumi winning the shokugeki with Asahi. Oh, wait...this is Tsukuda that we're talking about! :O I completely forgot about that.

A 2 vs. 2 shokugeki is also what I am also hoping for. It will be nice.

Yup, here we go again. Megumi will lose the match but will somehow gain the respect of her opponent who recognizes her potential. The author might as well not waste two or three full chapters, showing all that growth she has gained since her defeat to Momo. Why? It makes no difference because she will end up losing again when it matters the most.
I hope that there will be NO third time of this event. Megumi vs. Momo is a total nightmare which been haunting me up to this very day. :(

I just want shinomiya senpai to show up. And tells megumi. You blockhead you better win this time or else. How about that rainbow terrine you made for me.Your hospitality can mend someones heart even that shit/grumpiest dude

Nice idea! A dramatic flashbacks will also be cool.

What I wonder is what Megumi has to lose if Asahi wins.

He clearly can’t take her hospitality thru a knife, so maybe she will be force to join his side.

Bringing up Monarch might piss her off more, she did reform him.
Yep. He's putting some major emotional content into this fight. If Megumi bites his bait, then she's done for.

Better yet this is the start of Megumi of joining the noirs.

All I ever wanted was a Megumi as the baddie, and I can see it here if she loses.
[autoreply on] No, please.[autoreply off]

Oh god please, no, I'd better wish Megumi is not a target of affection for Asahi. I mean, the guy has already set his eyes onto Erina because of his unnamed ambitions. And to think Asahi is a factor for Megumi's dark path as a Noir whilst betraying Soma and others....
Dark Megumi is something that I do NOT want to see at any point in the story. Totally not befitting of her character.

It's just repeating the history itself. Another ryovsmegumi and momovsmegumi plot. I know the chances are small but who knows right? It's still a chance lol. As a megumi fan, I'm hoping she could win this time. I mean, its not being disrespectful to the main characters such as soma and jou etc. if she could win this shokugeki.Knowing she has this pathological inner drive to his opponent. Its like the hotspring arc wager. Cmon dont spoil the fun about our fave man! Who knows she cn turn the tables with luck😁
I'm also hoping that she'll bag this one. She really needs to have a big on screen competition win as a concrete proof of her development in skills.

I don't know what should I do to Tsukuda if he makes Megumi lose once again. Kill him, perhaps? :D

yukihira

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

1). It'll spark Asahi's development. Asahi misunderstands Jouchirou's advice of finding a woman you want to dedicate all your cooking to. His interest in Erina is superficial; he views her as a trophy wife above all else. Also, he is jealous of Souma. Developing an interest in Megumi—who has an interest in Souma—may actually cause the dude to take his "brother" seriously for once without coming off as patronizing and help him resolve his insecurities.

2). It'll spark Souma's development. Souma still doesn't get Jouchirou's advice of finding a woman you want to dedicate all your cooking to. Having someone demonstrate a newfound interest in Megumi may spark something in him. Not sure how this will be handled though with him being borderline asexual.

3). It'll spark Erina's development. Erina's coming-of-age story revolves around her overcoming her insecurities as she assumes leadership of the Nakiri Clan. She has abandonment issues, and can be jealous/possessive as her demeanor indicated when she found Hisako and Souma chilling out with one another. Having Asahi lose interest in her, possibly along with Souma, may become the catalyst needed for Erina to realize there's something off with her becoming jealous of Megumi.

4). It'll spark Megumi's development. Little miss is secretly wishing for someone to propose to her. Asahi proposing to her out in the middle of nowhere will cause her to evaluate what her feelings toward Souma are. It's clear her feelings are getting stronger and they'll need to be resolved. Also, it'll give her something to think about on what she wants to do for her future.

5). It'll give the fans something to look forward to by tossing in pairing nonsense. We all know the current arc is shit. It'll give the authors a little bit of breathing room to finish the series as they want it within the constraints the SJ Editors have given them by having the pairing fanatics go crazy over what'll happen, if anything at all.

Wow. I wasn't really on board with the whole Asahi having an interest in Megumi but now I am. I'd be majorly impressed if they managed to execute all of this properly.

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wow. I wasn't really on board with the whole Asahi having an interest in Megumi but now I am. I'd be majorly impressed if they managed to execute all of this properly.
I'm not totally sold on Megumi being with a partner, really.

Besides, she's my dear waifu! <3

Oh, by the way... in "that site", several peeps are still not sold on Megumi defeating Asahi...NOT even taking off a single point from him.

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I'm not totally sold on Megumi being with a partner, really.

Besides, she's my dear waifu! <3

Oh, by the way... in "that site", several peeps are still not sold on Megumi defeating Asahi...NOT even taking off a single point from him.
Because that would deny Soma his revenge, which is something the author wouldn’t do.

Unfortunately, Asahi needs to go now.

As for dark Megumi, that might be unavoidable.

Either Asahi forces it upon on her defeat or his taunting her now pushes her over the edge.

She’s already angry with him now, she might go beserk in this match.

Which means Soma or Erina would need to calm her down.

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Because that would deny Soma his revenge, which is something the author wouldn’t do.

Unfortunately, Asahi needs to go now.
Considering that the writer is a hack novelist and a die-hard Soma worshipper, that might be the case. She should have faced Erina, then.

We might as well say good-bye to ANY of Megumi's skills development. Looks like she'll be portrayed as the underdog, doormat, stepping stone, sacrificial lamb, etc. ,for the entirety of this shitty manga. Several readers from "that site", Megumi fan or not, stated that Megumi is one of the most mishandled character in this title. I say that she IS the most mishandled character in this series.

Ugh! My blood is boiling again.

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Considering that the writer is a hack novelist and a die-hard Soma worshipper, that maybe the case. We might as well say good-bye to ANY of Megumi's skills development. Looks like she'll be portrayed as the underdog for the entirety of this shitty manga. Several readers from "that site", Megumi fan or not, stated that Megumi is one of the most mishandled character in this title. I say that she IS the most mishandled character in this series.

My blood is boiling again.
I wouldn’t say her skill has decreased, but I would say the author has a habit of writing her in impossible corners.

A shame I can’t sell the “Megumi the Evil” route to you, if she remains true to herself.

Not even cookies could entice you.

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I wouldn’t say her skill has decreased, but I would say the author has a habit of writing her in impossible corners.

Not even cookies could entice you.
Tsukuda also does this to Soma oftentimes, but Soma mostly gets out of it. Why? Just because he's the protagonist? Well, Megumi is also a main character. Why can't Tsukuda treat his characters equally?

Yep...and Megumi's status as doormat, loser, stepping stone, sacrificial lamb, etc. goes on...

...until the end.

By the way, I wuuuuuvvv cookies, but I still hate her turning dark.