Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 303 Discussion/304 Predictions

mike allan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The only person I can blame is myself for thinking Tsukuda actually cares for Megumi at all. Seriously though, why was she even in this tournament in the first place if he's just going to skip her winning match and make her lose once again when the scenario declared a win? This was the perfect opportunity for Megumi to pay Erina back. Eishi and Megumi never deserved this.

My expectations and wishes for the the remaining arc has reached -1 hype. I hope Asahi goes to hell and Soma loses to him. Erina saves her own butt and hooks up with either Hisako or Megumi.

It's funny that he recently tweeted about Megumi's Nendroid release. The disrespect is astonishing.

At least we get the author's message across loud and clear. No matter how hard you work, you'll always lose to people with natural born talent.

Edit: I wonder whar bullshit reasoning Tsukuda is going to make up for Soma to win
I wonder bullshit reasoning Tsukuda is going to make up for Soma to win

what do you mean about this

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think mana knows Soma is Jouichiro real son. She's like "do as you please, I want all of you make a dishes just for me, and I will make your wishes come true"
Does anybody outside the Tootsuki and Asahi even know that Soma being a kin to Saiba himself? Not of that everybody want to know his lineage considering his underdog background (even though him being upgraded as a First Seat).

But the truth is soma is savior of erina nakiri to save her mess
With him as the last Light Chef in the tournament, it is indeed inevitable. I mean, count yourself here, Eishi, Takumi and now Megumi are all eliminated in the tournament. So who you have left? Our read-haired chef, of course and he pretty much the only hope for the Tootsuki to give the Nakiri House of a psychological therapy!

Now to think about it though, I am more concerned about how did Asahi ever get his information about the Nakiri's situation anyway despite him never even met either of them in the past. Must be somebody gave him the information in order to get what he wants...You don't think that Azami is behind all of this, no?

Astronomy_Fanatic

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hope you have it.

Maybe a spin-off can help.
I can't bet on it anymore. I lost almost all of my hope for this series.

Even spin offs might not help, since it is oftentimes treated as non-canon.

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Does anybody outside the Tootsuki and Asahi even know that Soma being a kin to Saiba himself? Not of that everybody want to know his lineage considering his underdog background (even though him being upgraded as a First Seat).

With him as the last Light Chef in the tournament, it is indeed inevitable. I mean, count yourself here, Eishi, Takumi and now Megumi are all eliminated in the tournament. So who you have left? Our read-haired chef, of course and he pretty much the only hope for the Tootsuki to give the Nakiri House of a psychological therapy!

Now to think about it though, I am more concerned about how did Asahi ever get his information about the Nakiri's situation anyway despite him never even met either of them in the past. Must be somebody gave him the information in order to get what he wants...You don't think that Azami is behind all of this, no?
yeah but there's soma to save erina so lets wait what asahi gonna know that

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Lol. Ok. Thank you tsukuda. Insert sarcasm
Yep. We have to send him something as a gift. Any suggestions?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

sigh the suffering never end...

Since Asahi entered the story, our suffering progresses at a neck-breaking speed. All thanks to Tsukuda for writing dismal story arcs. For Megumi, she has been suffering right from the beginning of this manga.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah but there's soma to save erina so lets wait what asahi gonna know that
We all know that Soma can and will save Erina one way or another, and sure enough Asahi knows that his "brother" is his only obstacle he need to bypass if he want to reach Erina at all.

Since Asahi entered the story, our suffering progresses at a neck-breaking speed. All thanks to Tsukuda for writing dismal story arcs. For Megumi, she has been suffering right from the beginning of this manga.
Dude, just merely whining about the writer's abysmal writing doesn't even ease all of our melancholy here. As much as I am extremely disappointed at Megumi's lost without any impact. we also not sure if Asahi is able to "learn" the ability of hospitality by touching Megumi's knife. Am I the only one who notices that Asahi is heavily depending on the chef's tool in order to make himself better than everyone? As far as I concerned, Megumi's hospitality skills requires the heart and soul of a chef who willing to provide something for his/her customers. Asahi has none of those because all he ever desires is to crush his enemies and he doesn't even care about why losing is sometimes never an option for most of the chef. Heck,even when Megumi called him out for making Erina's life miserable, Asahi doesn't even break his smug on his face which, by the way, further proves that Asahi as a selfish, apathetic and even cold prick who willing to do anything in order to get what he wants without the consent of others.

Last edited:

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
We all know that Soma can and will save Erina one way or another, and sure enough Asahi knows that his "brother" is his only obstacle he need to bypass if he want to reach Erinal

Dude, just merely whining about the writer's abysmal writing doesn't even ease all of our melancholy here. As much as I am extremely disappointed at Megumi's lost without any impact. we also not sure if Asahi is able to "learn" the ability of hospitality by touching Megumi's knife. Am I the only notice that Asahi is heavily relying on the chef's tool in order to make himself better than anybody else? As far as I concerned, Megumi's hospitality skills requires the heart and soul of a chef who willing to provide something for his/her customers. Asahi has none of those because all he ever desires is to crush his enemies and he doesn't even care about why losing is sometimes never an option for most of the chef.
yeah then soma really know how dish mana want to eat and this is soma's advantage

You PC Bro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Asahi wins because of somebody else's tools.

What a terrifying villain. No, really.

eikichi00

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Serious question, what on earth happened to the food consultant that was advising for the manga? Has she left the team or something?

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Asahi transforms "cheap meat" into "high quality meat"...

The Author giving Megumi another L...

Now's only hoping for her to turn into a Noir...

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

The Author giving Megumi another L...

Now's only hoping for her to turn into a Noir...
The fact Megumi got away from this match relatively unscathed (as far as we know), that’s out of the question.

The only thing I can see happening is the final is Soma vs Asahi with Megumi being Asahi Sous and Erina being Soma’s sous.

Seriously, Megumi lost to a guy who violated a food safety rule. In a match that was to her advantage.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, for Asahi literary transforming a paper into gold is really out of question here. I mean, how do you even transform cheap meat into high quality meat in a way? I mean, I can take one method is making a cheap meat tastes like a high classed dish, but literary transforming a cheap meat into luxury meat? Really, manga? Asahi only have a cooking claw, not a magic wand! This chapter doesn't make sense!

The fact Megumi got away from this match relatively unscathed (as far as we know), that’s out of the question.
My major concern of this another screwjob is Asahi will going to rob Megumi's knife as the means to "adding" more power into the skills. Jeez, this is getting extra aggravating for some reason.

Serious question, what on earth happened to the food consultant that was advising for the manga? Has she left the team or something?
That....I am not sure. Maybe she has some personal job to do I guess?

hizakimikado

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
While I don't like where the story is headed to, I think the author has implicitly confirmed that Megumi is a top dog in that competition. The claw guy was said to be super strong, top 5-ish or something in a panel and she one shot him like nothing. This means she can only lose to the main cast, but not to a random Noir chef or a Light chef. Realistically speaking, that's no small feat cuz she's still a high schooler.
My prediction: Asahi's cross knives is actually not about absorbing people's skills. Collecting his opponents' cooking utensils is just a cover. We'll soon find out the limitation of this ability. The author is good at giving BS excuses, like the fatigue BS!

Last edited:

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i want to see erina's reaction about mana making her as a tournament prize

Felcis

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I read somewhere that she's gotten pregnant a while ago and had to take a break, from which she has not yet returned. That's most likely the reason why there haven't been a proper Shokugeki in a while.

Also, what a surprise, Megumi lost to our amazing villain. This series has become such a joke.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I don't like where the story is headed to, I think the author has implicitly confirmed that Megumi is a top dog in that competition. The claw guy was said to be super strong, top 5-ish or something in a panel and she one shot him like nothing. This means she can only lose to the main cast, but not to a random Noir chef or a Light chef. Realistically speaking, that's no small feat cuz she's still a high schooler.
Right....but the only reason why the Cooking Claw Guy was defeated to even begin with is because he let his own arrogance get the better of him. Y'know, like literary everyone else?!

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
erina are broken now she didn't make her mother accept her cooking also mana see her own daugther only as a prize of this tournament because she is more interested from noir chef but soma come to rescue the erina's asshole

Erina lose her motivation because of that asahi saying she didn't able to satisfy her mother but soma gonna say he's not agree

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also, the raw is out and boy this cannot be even more insulting to the cooking world, both Asahi and Mana! Why? Well, lets go into the review of despair, shall we?
  1. So the manga begins with everyone including Soma are shocked to see Asahi using both knife for his cooking against Megumi. The theme of the dish is actually a cheep beef that can be found in the super market. This should be easy for Megumi right? Well...apparently, we see Asahi getting a little off here, especially when his face suddenly looks like a madman who is excited to see every obstacle crumbles. Talk about creepy than Azami here. Also, am I the only one seeing Asahi trying to rub his insult onto Soma's face during the match?
  2. Of course, its testing time and apparently the judges find the Asahi's dish is....amazing?! Oh this is not good. Megumi's next but even after tasting her dish, the judges decides that Asahi is superior to hers. What a shame...at least she can keep her knife, right? Will, guess what? There is something more daunting than her losing a knife...
  3. Right after Megumi's defeat, Asahi has some nerves to declare something that even the Bookmen are baffled by this announcement. Even the Chihuahua find the Asahi's entire bull crap to be ridiculous, but this hasn't stop Asahi from talking trash. And guess what is Mana thinking right now, considering this crippled witch's own apathy has causes misery for everyone. Speaking of whom...
  4. While we are sill seeing the "serious" Erina, we then witness a "conversation" between the 2 about Mana's another dumb decision that makes Erina so angry that she want to see her "mommy" only to feel despair when Asahi tells something that literary breaks her to speechless; something like she will fail no matter how hard she try shtick . Gosh darn it, Mana you Jackass! I don't give a rat ass if you're handicap due to your broken body but this has gone too far! To treat your own flesh and blood as a trophy simply because you despise your former gift?! Are you for real, you Book Dork?! Now, I know that I might be off topic here but Saiba, you've just created a monster who willing to do anything in order to get his goal, including bribing the handicapped jerkass to get what he want! Poor Erina have to relive her PTSD even before Asahi enters everybody's life...
  5. Thankfully, the last hope is not dead yet as somebody is going to refute all of Asahi's ridiculous BS and who else can it be other than the Yukihira Genius! That's right, folks, the last Light Chef is our only hope in shut that Douche up because we can't stand the fool's attitude any longer! Unfortunately, we have to see Soma's rebuttal next week....

Last edited: