Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 303 Discussion/304 Predictions

Astronomy_Fanatic

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Megumi's loss looks more painful in the actual scans than in the summary.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1. Of course, its testing time and apparently the judges find the Asahi's dish is....amazing?! Oh this is not good. Megumi's next but the judges decides that Asahi is superior to hers. What a shame...at least she can keep her knife, right? Will, guess what? There is something more daunting than her losing a knife...
Wait...does this mean that they did not taste Megumi's dish?!!

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Megumi's loss looks more painful in the actual scans than in the summary.
Never mind about Megumi's painful loss despite not losing her knife, you should be more concerned about Asahi more nonchalant insult to everyone who witnessed this such travesty. One of which technically breaks Erina's will like a twig about how she can do nothing to change her fate, of which reminds her about her bstrd father named Azami, for some reason. Also, just look at the nightmare face Asahi gives to Erina. Does he looks like the one who give a damn about Erina's own well being? For the same douche who proclaims about cooking a dish for the loved one, it seems he failed to comprehend the true meaning about love. Actually, does he even comprehend what's the true meaning of love?

Wait...does this mean that they did not taste Megumi's dish?!!
Actually, the judges did tasted the dish but they instead handed the victory for Asahi instead which is adding insult for her. My apologize for not adding this up later...

Last edited:

mike allan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Also, the raw is out and boy this cannot be even more insulting to the cooking world, both Asahi and Mana! Why? Well, lets go into the review of despair, shall we?
  1. So the manga begins with everyone including Soma are shocked to see Asahi using both knife for his cooking against Megumi. The theme of the dish is actually a cheep beef that can be found in the super market. This should be easy for Megumi right? Well...apparently, we see Asahi getting a little off here, especially when his face suddenly looks like a madman who is excited to see every obstacle crumbles. Talk about creepy than Azami here. Also, am I the only one seeing Asahi trying to rub his insult onto Soma's face during the match?
  2. Of course, its testing time and apparently the judges find the Asahi's dish is....amazing?! Oh this is not good. Megumi's next but the judges decides that Asahi is superior to hers. What a shame...at least she can keep her knife, right? Will, guess what? There is something more daunting than her losing a knife...
  3. Right after Megumi's defeat, Asahi has some nerves to declare something that even the Bookmen are baffled by this announcement. Even the Chihuahua find the Asahi's entire bull crap to be ridiculous, but this hasn't stop Asahi from talking. And guess what Mana is thinking right now, considering this crippled witch's own apathy has causes misery for everyone. Speaking of whom....
  4. While we are sill seeing the "serious" Erina, we then witness a "conversation" between the 2 about Mana's another dumb decision that makes Erina so angry that she want to see her "mommy" only to feel despair when Asahi tells something that literary breaks her to speechless; something like she will fail no matter how hard she try shtick . Gosh darn it, Mana you Jackass! I don't give a rat ass if you're handicap due to your broken body but this has gone too far! To treat your own flesh and blood as a trophy simply because you despise your former gift?! Are you for real, you Book Dork?! Now, I know that I might be off topic here but Saiba, you've just created a monster who willing to do anything in order to get his goal, including bribing the handicapped jerkass to get what he want! . Poor Erina have to relive her PTSD during Asahi's presence in her life....
  5. Thankfully, the last hope is not dead yet as somebody is going to refute all of Asahi's ridiculous BS and who else can it be other than the Yukihira Genius! Unfortunately, we have to see Soma's rebuttal next week....
Yukihira gonna help erina from her PTSD once again oh my god.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
what PTSD
You know, her own traumatic experience with her own abusive dad during her young age? As her "daddy dearest" yearn to achieve greatness such as his idol?

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
You know, her own traumatic experience with her own abusive dad during her young age? As her "daddy dearest" yearn to achieve greatness such as his idol?
Yeah she feel it again during with asahi now and soma gonna help erina to overcome it.

Last edited:

hizakimikado

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Right....but the only reason why the Cooking Claw Guy was defeated to even begin with is because he let his own arrogance get the better of him. Y'know, like literary everyone else?!
That's not how I see it. Arrogance and confidence are depicted a lot in this manga, but I've never seen them as factors to decide winning or losing.
This manga has officially become shokugeki therapy

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's not how I see it. Arrogance and confidence are depicted a lot in this manga, but I've never seen them as factors to decide winning or losing.
This manga has officially become shokugeki therapy
Well, yeah. You still gotta keep in mind that some of the jerks in the manga series are just too arrogant and egotistical for its own good. In the way I see it, they are. The Yukihira Genius apparently the only chef in this mangaverse that I know who is trying to control his own ego here.

Anyway, enough crying for Megumi's lost because at the very least her knife will not be stolen by the Knife Leech King thus he never learn nothing about the heart and soul of culinary. What we should be worrying about Asahi however is his daunting speech that baffles nearly everyone, including the Bookmen considering the Chihuahua's shocked expression. Not to mention with his latest interaction with Erina just show how much of a scum he is even as Saiba's former protege and surrogate son. If anything, Saiba shakes his head with disappointment after seeing such scene and yet he is unable to do something about it...

Last edited:

thedude

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been ok with the last few chapters, but of course "he uses one knife, but that chef's skills aren't suited for it.." I so very much hate this idiotic "super power" crap. Just let them be real chefs!

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Never mind about Megumi's painful loss despite losing her knife, you should be more concerned about Asahi more nonchalant insult to everyone who witnessed this such travesty. One of which technically breaks Erina's will like a twig about how she can do nothing to change her fate, of which reminds her about her bstrd father named Azami, for some reason. Also, just look at the nightmare face Asahi gives to Erina. Does he looks like the one who give a damn about Erina's own well being? For the same douche who proclaims about cooking a dish for the loved one, it seems he failed to comprehend the true meaning about love. Actually, does he even comprehend what's the true meaning of love?

Actually, the judges did tasted the dish but they instead handed the victory for Asahi instead which is adding insult for her. My apologize for not adding this up later...
The problem is that Tsukuda has been mishandling Megumi's character since Day 1. I can even say that she is the MOST maltreated character in the series. It's getting too bothersome and tiresome already. Is he really trying to establish her as the perpetual underdog? I hope not.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. But you said that Asahi didn't take her knife, right? Got any proof of this?

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
yuto tsukuda are really biased here because he have deep love for erina than for megumi
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

i think soma gonna help erina to reach the full form of god tongue

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. But you said that Asahi didn't take her knife, right? Got any proof of this?
Well, to begin with, Asahi didn't even making any stipulations for Megumi's Shokugeki despite him accepted the challenge in anyway. Remember when Asahi once belittled Megumi's proposal in a Shokugeki by mentioning his own assumption that this cooking duel only held at the school? As he never even heard that a Shokugeki is also held outside the school illegally? That's when things got a little fishy: When Megumi declared a stipulation that he would stay away from Erina if she wins, Asahi didn't make his own stipulation should he win in Megumi's own Shokugeki.

Want more proof? How about read the manga again? Look at the aftermath of the duel itself He doesn't even seen taken Megumi's knife from her? Instead, he makes a baffled declaration at the open that stuns literary everybody. We don't what he is trying to say, but you gotta be a crazy lunatic to even believe what he says about only him making Mana "happy".

Last edited:

hizakimikado

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Well, yeah. You still gotta keep in mind that some of the jerks in the manga series are just too arrogant and egotistical for its own good. In the way I see it, they are. The Yukihira Genius apparently the only chef in this mangaverse that I know who is trying to control his own ego here.
But that's not how win and lose are decided in this manga. People in this manga have never held back when they cook. You can call them arrogant when they don't use 100% of their strength and lose. You mistook "skills" with "attitudes" here. In the claw guy's case, he used 100% of his strength to fight her by using the claws, something he didn't do in the previous matches. Megumi is clearly stronger, whether that guy was arrogant or not.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
The problem is that Tsukuda has been mishandling Megumi's character since Day 1. I can even say that she is the MOST maltreated character in the series. It's getting too bothersome and tiresome already. Is he really trying to establish her as the perpetual underdog? I hope not.

He’s not shown taking anything, but there is nothing saying no stipulations. (Yet)

Megumi being Asahi’s sous for the final is still possibility.

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
erina what do you do now so you are gonna give up in this tournament.

Last edited:

yukihira

Reaction score
Country
Canada

The chapter was supposedly all about Megumi vs. Asahi but instead we got the chapter title about Erina, the main focus on Erina with her issues, and Erina making a 180 on her character once again, oh well...............................If Megumi was going to lose, the least Tsukuda could've done for her was show her winning match, or maybe make this one worthy of a loss. This was pretty much the same as Erina vs. Takumi in my opinion except we got a whole chapter dedicated to her conviction to actually win, but only to lose. Tsukuda, you're one cruel man.....
Oh boy, I'm sooooooooooo excited for Soma to win again and again and again despite him being at the same level as everybody who got jobbed :twitch

Last edited:

Astronomy_Fanatic

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The summary was bad, the raws were worse, but the scans completely mops the floor of being the worst.

Erina reverting back to her old self, Soma forcibly being Gary Stu now, and Megumi being a doormat cum loser (again!!!). Oh, well.

I will post an expanded opinion later.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Megumi taking that Loss...Asahi saying he's the only Chef to please Mana...Erina falling into despair...This rushed Souma vs Asahi Final...

mike allan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Megumi taking that Loss...Asahi saying he's the only Chef to please Mana...Erina falling into despair...This rushed Souma vs Asahi Final...
yeah poor erina and soma need to save her from that

eikichi00

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read somewhere that she's gotten pregnant a while ago and had to take a break, from which she has not yet returned. That's most likely the reason why there haven't been a proper Shokugeki in a while.

Also, what a surprise, Megumi lost to our amazing villain. This series has become such a joke.
Yeah. It's no wonder the Shokugeki since this arc started, have been severely lacking in quality. If she was still around, I can't imagine ridiculous things like using a chainsaw or claw would be approved.

Megumi losing again. Yup, called it. To add further insult, the author didn't even bother showing her cooking the dish lol. At least this time, the judge didn't give her a pity vote.

Asahi is a terrible excuse of a villain - a Gary Stu. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I find Azami to be a little more intriguing villain than him. Hell, the Elite Ten during Central arc was a more interesting and memorable bunch than the Noir chefs. As for Erina, her character development has been blown completely out of the window, as she once again becomes a damsel in distress that needs saving...

I'll be surprised if the series manages to get another arc.